Support for Fired Lesbian Teacher Gro...

Support for Fired Lesbian Teacher Grows Rapidly As She Speaks Out

There are 13 comments on the newwaysministryblog.wordpress.com story from Apr 28, 2013, titled Support for Fired Lesbian Teacher Grows Rapidly As She Speaks Out. In it, newwaysministryblog.wordpress.com reports that:

Bondings 2.0 reported last week on the firing of Carla Hale, a teacher for 19 years at Bishop Watterson High school, who was terminated after listing a female partner in her mother’s obituary. Now, support continues growing as pressure is placed on administrators at the high school to reinstate Hale.

A petition on change.org created by students at Bishop Watterson had generated nearly 38,000 signatures as of Sunday morning, including current students, alumni, and Hale’s daughter.

Thousands on social media have posted about the incident with Carla Hale, including Michael Coleman, the mayor of Columbus, Ohio where the school i located, as reported by Queerty: “Coleman tweeted his support for Hale, writing, ‘I stand with Carla Hale. No one in Columbus or in the United States should be denied employment because of their choice of who to love.’”

The teacher also spoke out about the ongoing struggle in an interview with a local Columbus NPR station, WOSU 89.7. She describes the meeting where the high school principal informed her of the diocese’s decision to terminate Hale’s employment: “Hale said she was in, ‘total shock. Like your legs had just been cut out from under you.’”The letter was from the Columbus Diocese and signed by [Principal Marian] Hutson. “’I turned to the principal and I said, “Are we talking like immediately? Am I supposed to leave the building? “And she just, she said, “Yes.”

Join the discussion below, or Read more at newwaysministryblog.wordpress.com.

samm821

Franklin, NC

#1 Apr 28, 2013
Just sickening, all this teaches students is judgement and hate!!!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#2 Apr 28, 2013
samm821 wrote:
Just sickening, all this teaches students is judgement and hate!!!
True. But you left out duplicity and hypocrisy.

This is a growing trend.

Popular Oregon Principal Let Go For Being Gay
http://lezgetreal.com/2013/04/popular-oregon-...

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T0FQ69PKM...

Once again, we have entered into a phase of the equality struggle where the main targets are teachers. Any adult who is in a position that involves children who comes out, immediately becomes a target.

And as one friend pointed out to me, many of these people also just happen to be close to retirement age. By firing them, the companies avoid having to pay pensions.

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Apr 28, 2013
For those who wish to support Carla Hale and anyone similarly situated, there is only one form of protest that will have any real long-term effect: leave the church.

Just leave. Walk away. Take your support, your money, and your beliefs in the supernatural elsewhere.

LGBT people: quit supporting individuals and institutions that are clearly dedicated to treating you like sh1t. Why do people continue to believe that they can change this church from within? Probably for some of the same reasons they fall for the delusions of church to begin with.

“Post-religious”

Location hidden

#4 Apr 28, 2013
DNF wrote:
And as one friend pointed out to me, many of these people also just happen to be close to retirement age. By firing them, the companies avoid having to pay pensions.
Under what authority would her employer be able to avoid having to pay her pension? Pension benefits are protected by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), so they won't be lost when you're terminated. She may be entitled to a reduced amount if the termination is early, but that would be covered by the provisions of the pension and the law.

Generally, so long as companies haven't gone bankrupt, they can't just fire their most senior employees to avoid paying their pensions. That's against the law.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Apr 28, 2013
It's wonderful that her students have rallied in her support.

Sadly, they are about to discover that it's worthless in the eyes of the hierarchy.
Maurice

United States

#6 Apr 28, 2013
Is she a Hot lezbo or a fugly, Rosie O'Donell looking butch dyke?

“Post-religious”

Location hidden

#7 Apr 28, 2013
Maurice wrote:
She's a human being. What the hell are you?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#8 Apr 29, 2013
Maurice wrote:
I know you are a filthy little liar who can't use the same name twice, lying coward.

Pick one name and stick with it, liar. And REGISTER, you little coward.

Palm Springs, California

#9 Apr 29, 2013
Jerald wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a human being. What the hell are you?
Nothing, Jerald, it is a pathological liar and it is NOT human. I don't know what is uglier, Its lying outside, or its lying inside. I guess it is a toss up.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#10 Apr 29, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing, Jerald, it is a pathological liar and it is NOT human. I don't know what is uglier, Its lying outside, or its lying inside. I guess it is a toss up.
He's an annoying little gnat.
Charles and Ray Eames

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 29, 2013
The Catholic Church has survived plagues (including homosexual plagues like HIV), Lenin, Voltaire.

It is both irresistible force and immovable object.

Palm Springs, California

#12 Apr 29, 2013
Charles and Ray Eames wrote:
The Catholic Church has survived plagues (including homosexual plagues like HIV), Lenin, Voltaire.
Good luck with that, name changer. From what I have read, the C. church is at its lowest enrollment in centuries, especially in the USA.

Maybe in those wretched 3rd world countries they have a hold, ruling like they did in the middle ages, promising the poor unwashed happiness in the NEXT life, to make up for the abject misery they suffer today there is still a good group, but, any where there is education and some security, most folks look to other hobbies.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#13 Apr 29, 2013
Charles and Ray Eames wrote:
I'll agree with the immovable object but I know too many people who have decided it's IS as resistible force. When more people understand that The Bible says we MUST obey civil law and authorities, perhaps the Catholic Church will start following what's in the Bible.

You know, concepts like forgiveness and compassion.

Instead they choose hypocrisy, vanity, deception, threats and greed.

I think I'll live by better family values than the ones the Church practices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min Frankie Rizzo 14,855
News How Democratic VP Candidate Tim Kaine Evolved o... 13 min ICE 4
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 16 min kuda 190
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 41 min Terra Firma 38,624
News Orlando massacre spurs fear, solidarity among L... 2 hr WasteWater 607
News Star Trek Discovery needs to push boundaries wi... 2 hr WeTheSheeple 11
News Alabama's chief justice defends his gay marriag... 3 hr david traversa 4
More from around the web