Archbishop attacks David Cameron's sa...

Archbishop attacks David Cameron's same-sex marriage plans

There are 20 comments on the The Guardian story from Dec 25, 2012, titled Archbishop attacks David Cameron's same-sex marriage plans. In it, The Guardian reports that:

The head of the Roman Catholic church in England and Wales issued his strongest attack yet on the government's plans to introduce same-sex marriage , lambasting them as "shambolic" and accusing the prime minister of "shallow thinking". In the most divisive of a host of Christmas Day comments from religious leaders, the archbishop of Westminster, ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 25, 2012
Those religious folks are so full of love?!(sic) It's more like they are full of sh*t.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#2 Dec 25, 2012
They are, indeed, full of stinking, rotting shit. As I sit in the house of others and hear a religious program in the background, the tenets of Jesus' teaching are *NOTHING* whatsoever like how these men behave. They are the true rapists and monsters of our times, who have forgotten the way and act much like disciples of satan.
Jim

Rochester, NY

#7 Dec 25, 2012
ON Christmas already? Can't we get through Christmas without the church crapping on Jesus? Just ONE day without hate for those who love? There's no place safe for those who actually long for peace,love, and goodwill toward all anymore. If it ever was the church it sure isn't anymore. I sang every mass and service for 40 years in a variety of denominations. I thought the massacres of the 1st century Eusebians vs.Athenasians, the wars between Roman and Orthodox, the blood bath of the Crusades and the living hell of the blood bath that was Protestants vs. Catholics was over. After Vatican II a new beginning of enlightenment of peace on earth good will to all... Only to throw it all away again for couples loveing one another? Are you kidding? Jesus wanted everyone to love one another so we could make life on earth just like the life to come. Isaiah fortold it thousands of years before? The Gospel of John tells stories about the disciple Jeus loved, whom he held in his arms after dinner, who the others were jealous of, who Peter asked Jesus about after his resurrection, who Jesus left to care for Mary as he hung on the cross and who the author of Gospel of John says he got his information from to write the book at it's end. If you can't stomach 2 men in love you're going to have to leave Jesus behind because it's part of his story. It's part of the 4 Gospels and you can't escape it by just avoiding reading it. Love,forgiveness, love, nonviolence, love. If you follow Jesus you have to love even if they crucify you for it. That's the whole thing. Kick out the lovers, kick out Jesus.
Sick Closet Case Brigade

Croydon, PA

#9 Dec 25, 2012
Vice wrote:
This country has been on a physical and moral downward spiral for decades for the flavors of lust and not love as you would like to project.
As founding member of the Sick Closet Case Brigade I would like to be the first to agree with your posts.

BTW, did we hook up in the basement restroom of the reparations therapy facility in Northamption once? You sound familiar....

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#10 Dec 26, 2012
Even if someone does not take the asinine view that gay marriage destroys the institution of marriage, yet is still concerned about the "downfall of marriage", I don't really understand the concern.

People still marry. Divorce in Western countries is easier now than it was years ago, which is why people avail themselves of it. The ideal of lifelong commitment probably does not work for 75% of the population. People marry because they mistake limerance (or just plain lust) for love, because of economic reasons, and so on. People who do marry for real love fall out of love. So what? Why worry about it? It is hard on children, yes, but less hard than having them live with parents who hate each other. As for the other 25%- like those old people with 75-year anniversaries who always say they get along so well because they never fight - more power to them. It is wonderful. But they need to understand that not everyone's life works the same way.
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#13 Dec 26, 2012
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only is ssm subversive and decadent to marriage, the host, but ss parenting will now raise lil boi's in their own image.
How convennnnnnient!
No proof........ how stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#16 Dec 26, 2012
Subversion and Decadence wrote:
It is normal for any parent to tell their child that homosexuality is dangerous, unnatural, unhealthy, narcissistic, and morally unsound.
Weird; sounds like teaching a child to be uneducated, and worse than a criminal. Oh, wait, America has people who believe that theft, murder and lies are OK; got it. Thank god we have the law to put people like your kids in jail.(I mean, I for one am thankful.)
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#17 Dec 26, 2012
Vice wrote:
This country has been on a physical and moral downward spiral for decades for the flavors of lust and not love as you would like to project.
Then it sucks through a straw to be you, and I advise you to live somewhere that allows you to *BLATANTLY* excuse straight people from a certain type of behavior, while *BLATANTLY* attempting to indict gays for it. Why not make laws that say brunettes are allowed to kill people, but not any other hair color, too?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#20 Dec 26, 2012
hi hi wrote:
They are, indeed, full of stinking, rotting shit. As I sit in the house of others and hear a religious program in the background, the tenets of Jesus' teaching are *NOTHING* whatsoever like how these men behave. They are the true rapists and monsters of our times, who have forgotten the way and act much like disciples of satan.
OMG you've met my step mother's children?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#21 Dec 26, 2012
It is normal for any parent to tell their child that homosexuality is dangerous, unnatural, unhealthy, narcissistic, and morally unsound.
No it isn't normal or moral. Or factual.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#22 Dec 26, 2012
Jim wrote:
ON Christmas already? Can't we get through Christmas without the church crapping on Jesus? Just ONE day without hate for those who love? There's no place safe for those who actually long for peace,love, and goodwill toward all anymore. If it ever was the church it sure isn't anymore. I sang every mass and service for 40 years in a variety of denominations. I thought the massacres of the 1st century Eusebians vs.Athenasians, the wars between Roman and Orthodox, the blood bath of the Crusades and the living hell of the blood bath that was Protestants vs. Catholics was over. After Vatican II a new beginning of enlightenment of peace on earth good will to all... Only to throw it all away again for couples loveing one another? Are you kidding? Jesus wanted everyone to love one another so we could make life on earth just like the life to come. Isaiah fortold it thousands of years before? The Gospel of John tells stories about the disciple Jeus loved, whom he held in his arms after dinner, who the others were jealous of, who Peter asked Jesus about after his resurrection, who Jesus left to care for Mary as he hung on the cross and who the author of Gospel of John says he got his information from to write the book at it's end. If you can't stomach 2 men in love you're going to have to leave Jesus behind because it's part of his story. It's part of the 4 Gospels and you can't escape it by just avoiding reading it. Love,forgiveness, love, nonviolence, love. If you follow Jesus you have to love even if they crucify you for it. That's the whole thing. Kick out the lovers, kick out Jesus.
Ask a Bible thumper about the naked boy that was with Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane and followed him after his arrest.

It's in Mark.

Reportedly, Pope Clement writes of this boy and one of the "Lost Books of the Bible" in a letter discovered in the Vatican archives.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#23 Dec 26, 2012
Vice wrote:
So let's bring back the Puritans. They banned Christmas you know.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#24 Dec 26, 2012
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only is ssm subversive and decadent to marriage, the host, but ss parenting will now raise lil boi's in their own image.
How convennnnnnient!
Yes we can see how successful straight parents are at raising strictly heterosexual children.

Far as I know every gay man and lesbian I know had heterosexual parents. Name me a single child, gay, bi, lesbian, straight, or transgendered that wasn't born from heterosexuals and raised in a heterosexual society.

Or is that too inconvenient? It must be since you always dodge this issue.

Hey maybe you can get a job at that ranch that cures gay men by having them stroke horses.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#25 Dec 26, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mona. How was your Hanukkah?
The proof is in the moral decay you zionist loving turd.
You come on here trying to act all outraged at the morals and actions of other people.

Yet you are perfectly happy lying every time you post and agree to the Topix terms of service.

Posing as someone else is deceitful, sinful and a violation of the Terms you agreed to.

But then we expect that from crap like you.

I doubt you even know what Zionism means. I say that because you whine about it then turn around and trumpet Zionist slogans nearly every day.

You are hereby nominated as 2012's most amusing and inane Topix troll.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#26 Dec 26, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Uncle Joseph Mengele would be so proud of you.
Are you and your bloodlines from Ashkazar and if so when ya goin home bro?
so glad you're always hear Brownlips.

Normal people read your posts and have to ask themselves if they want people to think they are anything like you.

You advance gay rights every time you try to be clever (and fail, which is also every time).

Keep appealing to the bigots and one day they'll be coming for you.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#27 Dec 26, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
Weird; sounds like teaching a child to be uneducated, and worse than a criminal. Oh, wait, America has people who believe that theft, murder and lies are OK; got it. Thank god we have the law to put people like your kids in jail.(I mean, I for one am thankful.)
so am I!

Big Hugs

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#28 Dec 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Now you leave the Jews alone!
spoken like a true Zionist!

LMFAO!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#29 Dec 27, 2012
Brown Lipstick wrote:
Your biggest contribution to heterosexuals will always be hiv/aids.
Oh goody. The "innocent victim" gambit. Love it!

Several flaws though.

If HIV is a gay disease like you portray it to be then heterosexuals would be immune.

If these infected heteros are really hetero they couldn't have gotten it from a gay person.

Your idea also ignores the personal responsibility of anyone who is now infected. Which means they purposely engaged in risky behavior. The blame is on them not the person they caught it from. After all they all couldn't have gotten it from Mom's milk.(well except for maybe Your mom's milk)
Beauty Queen

London, UK

#30 Dec 27, 2012
Internet troll ....
Mona Lott

West New York, NJ

#31 Dec 27, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mona. How was your Hanukkah?
The proof is in the moral decay you zionist loving turd.
No proof.

LMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 min Sniper Bang 61,725
News Lyft driver in Indianapolis orders gay couple o... 17 min Strawberry Shortcake 46
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 25 min Jades grand daughter 28,125
WOO HOO!!! Let's ROCK!!! 47 min BIG BOSS MAN 3
News Virginia hardware store fires employee accused ... 47 min whiney beech 16
News Gay veteran with a penchant for heels wins land... 1 hr judy 87
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... 1 hr The Lightbearer 9