When One Has Love In One’s Heart: Chick-fil-A, Chicago, Muppets, & More

There are 20 comments on the Jul 25, 2012, lezgetreal.com story titled When One Has Love In One’s Heart: Chick-fil-A, Chicago, Muppets, & More . In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Medved makes several incorrect statements in there. The Cathys and their business have donated to the Pennsylvania Family Institute and the National Organization for Marriage. They have also donated to Exodus International, a group that pushed the torturous attempt to change people’s sexuality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mitt s Airtight Dog Crate

Souderton, PA

#1 Jul 25, 2012
Medved is disgusting, especially since he's a homophobe who is even more effeminate than Marcus Bachmann.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#2 Jul 25, 2012
Mitt s Airtight Dog Crate is disgusting, especially since he's a homophobe who is even more effeminate than Marcus Bachmann.
Pam

Grove City, PA

#3 Jul 25, 2012
Two comments: Chik-Fil-A has flourished without Chicago or Boston for decades. They don't need them.

Also, Jon Stewart is smarter than God now? That's rich.
Mitt s Airtight Dog Crate

Souderton, PA

#4 Jul 25, 2012
Pam wrote:
Two comments: Chik-Fil-A has flourished without Chicago or Boston for decades. They don't need them.
You stupid religious freeek, Chick-fil-A will buckle sooner or later. This isn't One Million [sic] Moms taking on General Mills or "Ellen."

The Cathy family eventually had to tone down its racist and anti Semitic rhetoric - this time around will be no different.

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#5 Jul 25, 2012
What a great turn of events. An anti gay company turned away from Boston and Chicago for their discriminatory views. The tide in our favor has turned into a tsunami!!!

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#6 Jul 25, 2012
Pam wrote:
Actually, God should respond to that accusation, not you.

We're still waiting...
Mr Peebles

Poland

#9 Jul 25, 2012
I love Chick-Fil-A !!!

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#10 Jul 25, 2012
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you failed to refute my post in response to you yesterday. I actually don't expect much, nobody else can refute it and curteese jumped out the window over it.
You asserted yesterday the boy scouts were kicked out of your church. Personally I think you're full of shit and it's why you didn't reply. I mean really, a church throwing the boy scouts out?
Good luck!
I'm supposed to take your word on this right? Just like I'm supposed to believe immediately a few grown men finally decide to come forward and claim they were molested as boy scouts.
Remember, I am one that sees pedophilia, homosexuality, and adultery as all perverse, and to varying degrees, one is worse than the other. With respect to adultery, which IS a crime in many states and least perverted of the three scenarios, is not enforced and the excuse is it is "difficult" to prove.
So when some grown men come forward and claim they were molested, we are all supposed to believe them just like all the priest rapes? They are all true in your mind right from the first accusation am I correct in saying so?
To me this smells of a smear campaign and I put nothing, and I mean NOTHING past a few good liberals to concoct anything, just ask the good rev Al Sharpton. The bottom line is, how on earth do you prove some young teens were 'raped' by someone, or anyone for that matter, after all these years.
Once again, this all comes back to perversion and to the varying degrees and forms in which it exists.
Here I go again.
Adultery, is a form of perversion among heterosexuals and is wrong and illegal.
More than one sexual partner among heterosexuals is also a form of perversion and is wrong.
Incest, father and daughter is perverse.
Incest, father and son is even more perverse.
Incest, mother and son is perverse.
Incest, mother and daughter is even more perverse.
Incest, brother and sister is perverse.
Incest, brother and brother is even more perverse.
Incest, sister and sister is even more perverse.
Pedophilia, man and a girl, perverse.
Pedophilia, man and a boy, even more perverse.
To me, homosexuality belongs somewhere in the middle of incest, in that, same sex couples have crossed the unatural boundary or threshold of a physical and sensual act similar to a brother and brother incestual act. At least the sister and brother have the plumbing right, but it is still wrong. So how is it that homosexuality can even be legal, let alone qualify as marriage? There's no way around it. Perversion and it's many forms has infiltrated the highest levels of our society and is destroying us from within. You'll see, you'll all see.
Pre-WWII Germany all over again.
The link to yesterday my inconsistent troll.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TPQJSSRSG...
Yes, my church kicked the Boy Scouts out of our building, and ended all support for them, in the early 90's, because of their anti-gay policies. Taht's the TRUTH. I'm sure we're not the only church to do so.
Leonard

Elk Grove Village, IL

#11 Jul 25, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, my church kicked the Boy Scouts out of our building, and ended all support for them, in the early 90's, because of their anti-gay policies. Taht's the TRUTH. I'm sure we're not the only church to do so.
STFU azzhole you don't belong to any damn church.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#14 Jul 26, 2012
When those condemning sex of one type or another are constantly behaving like they have some "knowledge to impart," it becomes disturbing to realize they know no one is listening. People will do what is inborn or natural to them, the end.

It's interesting to note, however, that these people delude themselves into thinking they have any authority whatsoever: constantly announcing to everyone around them a list of what is "acceptable" or not, constantly attempting to condemn, condemn, condemn, never leaving the subject alone and, in nearly 100% of cases, simply causing arguments and fights and creating vicious rancor, enmity and division.

The antigay *will* change nothing and no one; amusingly, not ten trillion declarations to the contrary can change the hard-wired nature of orientation. Talking and arguing and screaming won't change it. In this context, no one is ever going to be interested in what some self-appointed "authority" has to say. Such people have changed no one in centuries; society has evolved in a direction opposite to their "ministrations"; quite laughably, not a living soul has ever convinced me that a gay person is "doing something wrong."

You don't get to tell others what to think just because of your own profound insecurities and neuroses; you will simply be identified -- with a relentlessness which should genuinely frighten you -- as a profoundly defective and disturbed individual whose projections are meaningless except as they define YOU and your antigay vitriol.

It is what it is.*shrug* You've been fighting for a decade or more now and the pro-gay aren't hearing you. My prediction? This won't change. Count on it.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#15 Jul 26, 2012
Mr Peebles wrote:
I love Chick-Fil-A !!!
Good for you, fatso. Eat that grease dripping crap till you drop dead of heart attack or stroke. One less to worry about then.
gatorfan

Cheyenne, WY

#16 Jul 26, 2012
Ron431 wrote:
What a great turn of events. An anti gay company turned away from Boston and Chicago for their discriminatory views. The tide in our favor has turned into a tsunami!!!
I came to this website by recommendation. Like to read other's thoughts. This whole Chick-fila ( spelling) thing is just plain dumb. First of all, there was no mention of same-sex marriage or sexual orientation of any kind. So get that part right. No anti- anything.
Insread of bashing others who have different opinions, there should be gratitude that we are allowed to state our beliefs about things. Where would we as a country be if opposing opinions are gunned down? Probably there would be no place for open discussion, no enjoyment of a good debate, no politicians to mock. How boring is that?
So stop behaving so unkindly let's get busy addressing something worthwhile, like helping our elected officials in finding ways to boost our suffering economy.
Thanks.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#17 Jul 26, 2012
gatorfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I came to this website by recommendation. Like to read other's thoughts. This whole Chick-fila ( spelling) thing is just plain dumb. First of all, there was no mention of same-sex marriage or sexual orientation of any kind. So get that part right. No anti- anything.
Insread of bashing others who have different opinions, there should be gratitude that we are allowed to state our beliefs about things. Where would we as a country be if opposing opinions are gunned down? Probably there would be no place for open discussion, no enjoyment of a good debate, no politicians to mock. How boring is that?
So stop behaving so unkindly let's get busy addressing something worthwhile, like helping our elected officials in finding ways to boost our suffering economy.
Thanks.
How about the Mormon church STOP spending untold millions of dollars trying to get homophobic legislation passed and spend that money on business building or REAL charities?

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#18 Jul 26, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>How about the Mormon church STOP spending untold millions of dollars trying to get homophobic legislation passed and spend that money on business building or REAL charities?
I agree.

(except it's not a church, it's a cult).

Woodstock, Illinois

#19 Jul 26, 2012
gatorfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Perhaps you missed the rest of the story, Chick-fil-A has donated millions of dollars to anti gay groups that fight with that money to stop equality. Yes, they are free to speak their minds, they are free to donate to anti gay groups. We are also free to speak out against them. To picket them. To fight to keep them out of town. We are even free to try to force them to change their ways. It is a two way street and we have more lanes.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Jul 26, 2012
Ron431 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you missed the rest of the story, Chick-fil-A has donated millions of dollars to anti gay groups that fight with that money to stop equality. Yes, they are free to speak their minds, they are free to donate to anti gay groups. We are also free to speak out against them. To picket them. To fight to keep them out of town. We are even free to try to force them to change their ways. It is a two way street and we have more lanes.
I'm gay and am a supporter of equal marriage rights for gay and lesbian Americans.

I would never patronize Chick-fil-a.

But they have a First Amendment RIGHT to state their views and give thier money to whomever they want.

And we have a right to protest their stand.

But the government officials in Chicago have NO RIGHT to block them from opening a store simply because they don't like their stand on a particular issue. THAT is violating their First Amendment RIGHTS !

Once again, the Dems and Libs who are ALWAYS preaching "TOLERANCE" are the MOST INTOLERNAT of speech they disgaree with. They're nothing but modern-day Stalinists.

Why am I not surprised ?
just me

Searcy, AR

#21 Jul 26, 2012
Ron431 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you missed the rest of the story, Chick-fil-A has donated millions of dollars to anti gay groups that fight with that money to stop equality. Yes, they are free to speak their minds, they are free to donate to anti gay groups. We are also free to speak out against them. To picket them. To fight to keep them out of town. We are even free to try to force them to change their ways. It is a two way street and we have more lanes.
trying to force them to change their ways? Why would we do that? Isn't that what they are doing to us?

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#22 Jul 26, 2012
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should stop rationalizing and find God yourself.
Why? Is he lost? Why don't you find him, and then tell the rest of us where he's been hiding for the last few thousand years.

Rationalizing is what intelligent people do - they don't follow blind superstition just because someone else told them to.

Woodstock, Illinois

#23 Jul 27, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
trying to force them to change their ways? Why would we do that? Isn't that what they are doing to us?
Yes, they will not stop, therefore neither should the fight against them stop. If it is possible to affect their profits, they will have to make a decision, their business, or their version of religious beliefs. They could have taken those millions and donated to feed the hungry, to offer scholarships to aid the poor, or in many other charitable ways. Instead, they chose to use that money to deny equality to millions of Americans. This is the fight they chose, not very Christlike in their decisions.
Latter Day Taints

Souderton, PA

#24 Jul 27, 2012
gatorfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Insread of bashing others who have different opinions
You stupid, cult freeek, the Cathy family used its company profits to support the National Organization for Marriage, which works to bar equal rights for glbt people in marriage and even in civil unions. They also supported anti gay Exodus.

If some company gave money to a non profit trying to bar fundie talibangelicals and UT cultists, imo, from marrying pieces of sht like you wouldn't just be calling that a difference of "opinion."

You sick, bigoted, stupid trash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Makes a Man Want Another Man's Ass? 3 min Dr Doohickey 29
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Prep-for-Dep 19,768
Are the mods fair and balanced? 5 min Wall 656
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 5 min cpeter1313 1,203
News Are the majority of Americans against religious... 7 min morakel 38
News Pa. high school students throw 'Anti-Gay Day' 12 min Rose_NoHo 108
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 15 min Termiraider 2,789
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 38 min Rainbow Kid 66
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 54 min SteveLu 90
More from around the web