Is support for gay marriage over-sold?

Is support for gay marriage over-sold?

There are 303 comments on the The Washington Post story from Mar 25, 2013, titled Is support for gay marriage over-sold?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll last week showed support for gay marriage hitting an all-time high at 58 percent, with support having risen by 21 points over the last decade alone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#30 Mar 26, 2013
Tom wrote:
Marriage isn't a simple contract.
Marriage is the foundation for society. In law school, we study it in Family Law, not Contracts.
For example, if a poster named Tapeworm entered a contract for his monthly "wreck-tum" bleaching, would that be the foundation of society?
Let me answer that.
No.
Because you study it under family law does not mean it is the foundation of society....lawyers shouldn't discuss sociology studies...thye look foolish when they do.

regardless, it is still a legal, binding contract as i stated. and the purview of the state as it always has been.
Tom

Chicago, IL

#31 Mar 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Because you study it under family law does not mean it is the foundation of society....lawyers shouldn't discuss sociology studies...thye look foolish when they do.
regardless, it is still a legal, binding contract as i stated. and the purview of the state as it always has been.
I was actually quoting the US Supreme Court.

There is someone looking foolish here, Tapeworm.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#34 Mar 26, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
I was actually quoting the US Supreme Court.
There is someone looking foolish here, Tapeworm.
good for you...it is still a legal vbindign contract that is the purview of the state, as I clearly stated.

what you are your studies or the supreme court say else about it does not change that fact.

did you even have a point in the first place?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#35 Mar 26, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
How long have you been a queer?
Prob. just as long as what you've been a dumbazz!(You're whole life) Why, you interesed? [email protected]
Tom

Chicago, IL

#38 Mar 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>good for you...it is still a legal vbindign contract that is the purview of the state, as I clearly stated.
what you are your studies or the supreme court say else about it does not change that fact.
did you even have a point in the first place?
So you're saying the US Supreme Court has been wrong for hundreds of years?

And every law school in America is wrong for placing it in Family Law?

And that West is wrong for placing it in Family Law?

Do you even know what West is?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#39 Mar 26, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying the US Supreme Court has been wrong for hundreds of years?
And every law school in America is wrong for placing it in Family Law?
And that West is wrong for placing it in Family Law?
Do you even know what West is?
not about it being a legal, binding contract that is the purview of the state.

that it is a foundation of our society is ana opinion. keep it if you want.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#40 Mar 26, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying the US Supreme Court has been wrong for hundreds of years?
And every law school in America is wrong for placing it in Family Law?
And that West is wrong for placing it in Family Law?
Do you even know what West is?
so that's a "No" on you having a point?...good to know...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#41 Mar 26, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying the US Supreme Court has been wrong for hundreds of years?
And every law school in America is wrong for placing it in Family Law?
And that West is wrong for placing it in Family Law?
Do you even know what West is?
With just about half of all US adults married, it seems that foundation is going away...
Tom

Chicago, IL

#43 Mar 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not about it being a legal, binding contract that is the purview of the state.
that it is a foundation of our society is ana opinion. keep it if you want.
You're not allowed to have a legal opinion.

That's the point.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#44 Mar 26, 2013
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not allowed to have a legal opinion.
That's the point.
Sure i am, and mine was absolutely correct. marriage is a legal, binding contract that is the purview of the state.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#45 Mar 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>actually, if you knew what you are talking about, you would know that marriage is , in fact, a legal term. you had it backwards. religious cults glommed onto the idea millenia after the first recorded state sponsored marriages.
your rites of matirmony or whatever your cult chooses to call it are entirely seperate from marriage. keep them that way and keep them in your cult buildings...
Billions of people are "cultists."

LMFAO!

Ever occur to you that YOU are the abberation, parasite?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#46 Mar 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Billions of people are "cultists."
LMFAO!
Ever occur to you that YOU are the abberation, parasite?
and entering into a cult that is based on proven lies is OK if billions of others do it? how is that rational?

I am happy beiong a rational aberration over a mindless cult member believing in lies and falsehoods and bigotry.
Scalia the Great

Henderson, NV

#50 Mar 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure i am, and mine was absolutely correct. marriage is a legal, binding contract that is the purview of the state.
Lawyers are under the purview of the state as well, and only lawyers get to have legal opinions.

You said your derriere bleaching is the foundation of society!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#51 Mar 26, 2013
Scalia the Great wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawyers are under the purview of the state as well, and only lawyers get to have legal opinions.
You said your derriere bleaching is the foundation of society!
No, anyhone can have an opinion on legal matters. only judges opinions matter in making law thiugh... not even lawyers as you mistakenly stated.
Scalia Le Grand

Tempe, AZ

#53 Mar 26, 2013
You're using "opinions" ambiguously but are too dim to know it.

Judges are lawyers.

Lawyers have legal opinions; that's what they're selling, doofus.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#54 Mar 26, 2013
Scalia Le Grand wrote:
You're using "opinions" ambiguously but are too dim to know it.
Judges are lawyers.
Lawyers have legal opinions; that's what they're selling, doofus.
but they do not matter as far as the law goes any more than mine...

some judges are lawyers. many supreme court judges were not lawyers.
Tom

Chicago, IL

#55 Mar 26, 2013
Name one.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#56 Mar 26, 2013
Tom wrote:
Name one.
i thought you went to law school? wouldn't you have learned which ones when you were there? I learned it in my Poli-sci classes..

the bullshit meter spikes high when you post...
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#58 Mar 26, 2013
Isn't it funny that the polls are off by SEVEN POINTS yet they are wallpapered everywhere this week?

Don't forget, they ask questions like "should gay relationships be illegal or legal?
So folks think gays will get arrested, and what rational person wants that?

Gay marriage, as new as cell phones and the internet.
We Just Won

Chicago, IL

#59 Mar 26, 2013
Yup, there were none.

You made a stupid assertion you can't support.

Just like you bought Boies and Olson telling you they'd win the 50-state lottery today.

50 states?

LMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 20 min JODECKO 68,970
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 46 min JODECKO 38,817
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr JODECKO 16,027
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 3 hr constitution101 69
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 3 hr Erie Dem Committe... 11
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 3 hr Wholly Silicon Wafer 16
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 3 hr Hungarian 101 96
More from around the web