'Ex-Gay' Leader of Christian Cult Accused of Murdering Wife

Nov 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

The leader of a Christian prayer group in the Kansas City, Mo., area is suspected of being behind the murder of his wife, whose death was first thought to be a suicide, the Kansas City Star reports.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Hmm. Gay man marrying woman turns out badly. Who would have expected?

My sympathy for Bethany's family.

Since: Feb 09

Southern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Good 'ol Christian love……

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Good lord, what a terrible story. One look at that photo is all we need to know how well his gay-straight conversion took.

Obviously he had been fighting his true nature his entire life and the strain drove him over the edge. What a pity an innocent was collateral damage in his damaged psyche.

Yet to the eye they were pious and living for God, yet perverted the scripture for group sex and rape on top of it. If he had been more careful he could have set up a whole cult lifestyle, ala David Karesh and had all the sex he could handle. Of course, cult leaders, Jim Jones comes to mind, never end up good.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

More evidence that religion is the root of all evil.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

When you teach people that they have no value if they don't do what you want them to do, it's that much easier to murder them when they don't because they're of no value anyway.

REALLY tragic stuff.

But will the hate-mongers learn anything from this tragedy? Nope.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Lloyd wrote:
This is a classic case of why you should never turn gay in the first place.
This is a classic case of why your mother tried so hard to abort you, but failed and that's why there's still a coat hanger stuck in your head. It explains a lot. BUT, you always have a place to put your coat!

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>This is a classic case of why your mother tried so hard to abort you, but failed and that's why there's still a coat hanger stuck in your head. It explains a lot. BUT, you always have a place to put your coat!
Assuming, of course, that his fur is removable.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Curteese wrote:
Good lord, what a terrible story. One look at that photo is all we need to know how well his gay-straight conversion took.
Obviously he had been fighting his true nature his entire life and the strain drove him over the edge. What a pity an innocent was collateral damage in his damaged psyche.
Yet to the eye they were pious and living for God, yet perverted the scripture for group sex and rape on top of it. If he had been more careful he could have set up a whole cult lifestyle, ala David Karesh and had all the sex he could handle. Of course, cult leaders, Jim Jones comes to mind, never end up good.
I didn't know much about this cult until this happened. I do remember The International House of Pancakes tried to sue them for using the same letters.....IHOP.
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

It says thought to be behind the murder.This isn't Kangaroo Court.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SLIF wrote:
It says thought to be behind the murder.This isn't Kangaroo Court.
True. But even if this young woman hadn't been murdered and even if none of the guys in their little "we're not gay" group weren't responsible, the story is STILL a major tragedy.

A gay guy marrying an innocent young woman, dooming her to be married to a man that can never love her the way a woman has a right to be loved. Then add into that a group of young people that have been brainwashed to believe that what they are is inherently wrong and that they should fight against it, no matter the cost, and live miserable lives, devoid of the love they deserve.

That's not tragic all on it's own?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know much about this cult until this happened. I do remember The International House of Pancakes tried to sue them for using the same letters.....IHOP.
I kept thinking that while reading. Talk about your Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity pancakes special.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

The latest allegation is that not only is his ex-gay label seriously misleading, the sexuality of his little following was pretty much up for grabs. Until the whole dead wife business, it apparently had been a pretty swinging time in the name of God. And IHOP, the prayer people, not the pancake house, is telling anyone who will believe them that they really have no idea who this guy is, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rick in Kansas wrote:
The latest allegation is that not only is his ex-gay label seriously misleading, the sexuality of his little following was pretty much up for grabs. Until the whole dead wife business, it apparently had been a pretty swinging time in the name of God. And IHOP, the prayer people, not the pancake house, is telling anyone who will believe them that they really have no idea who this guy is, despite all the evidence to the contrary.
Lies on top of denial, yep, an average ex gay prayer group. I wonder what Marcus Bachmann is up to lately?
Beauty Queen

Taunton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Lloyd wrote:
This is a classic case of why you should never turn straight in the first place.
Indeed ...

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Curteese wrote:
Lies on top of denial, yep, an average ex gay prayer group. I wonder what Marcus Bachmann is up to lately?
From what I've heard, the extent of this group's involvement in the ex-gay business is pretty much limited to people remembering him saying that he was no longer one of us back when he was in Texas. The man flames brighter than the lighthouse at Alexandria in a still picture, you know, the only way anyone would ever believe he was straight was by his trying to convince them that he was in an ex-gay closet.

The group itself wasn't in the business of turning the gay folk straight and they weren't actively anti-gay, beyond telling everyone that their teachings were in line with conservative interpretations. Until all this broke, what few people who actually knew about them, saw them as nothing more than a group of 20 somethings into prayer and Bible study a lot more than most of their peers.
Brian

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 21, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Lloyd wrote:
This is a classic case of why you should never turn gay in the first place.
People don't turn gay. They either are gay or their not.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 21, 2012
 
Lloyd wrote:
This is a classic case of why you should never turn gay in the first place.
I wish your old skank mother had been a lesbian, or your transient father, or sperm donor, or some paying trick she turned, had been gay so YOU would not have been conceived in some back alley.
Whatever

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Curteese wrote:
Good lord, what a terrible story. One look at that photo is all we need to know how well his gay-straight conversion took.
Obviously he had been fighting his true nature his entire life and the strain drove him over the edge. What a pity an innocent was collateral damage in his damaged psyche.
Yet to the eye they were pious and living for God, yet perverted the scripture for group sex and rape on top of it. If he had been more careful he could have set up a whole cult lifestyle, ala David Karesh and had all the sex he could handle. Of course, cult leaders, Jim Jones comes to mind, never end up good.
You have got to be one of those homosasquatchuals because only gay sickos like yourself would refer to a woman who was ritually raped and abused and murdered as ----> "collateral damage".

Shows how much filthy sicko qweerz like yourself value the life of women in general.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••