Bar has to pay $400,000 for telling t...

Bar has to pay $400,000 for telling transgendered patrons to stay away

There are 8 comments on the KATU-TV Portland story from Aug 31, 2013, titled Bar has to pay $400,000 for telling transgendered patrons to stay away. In it, KATU-TV Portland reports that:

PORTLAND, Ore. A Portland bar owner will have to pay $400,000 in damages to a group of transgendered customers after telling them they weren't welcome in his bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KATU-TV Portland.

Beauty Queen

London, UK

#1 Sep 1, 2013
GOOD ...

“Sara for Fun (( M 2 F ))”

Since: Aug 10

Bahrain

#2 Sep 2, 2013
A lesson to others
Andy Dare

Woodford Green, UK

#3 Sep 19, 2013
Yes they were not nice to us
Mikey

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Dec 22, 2013
Alright! It's about time!
Swede1

Portland, OR

#5 Dec 22, 2013
Pervs 1, Norms 0
Swede1

Portland, OR

#6 Dec 22, 2013
Perv = 1, Norms = 0
MD Cohen

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Dec 24, 2013
Swede1 wrote:
Perv = 1, Norms = 0
Bet you watch Duck dynasty!

Since: Dec 09

Masontown, PA 15461

#8 Jan 6, 2014
Whomever the poster is the word is not "Transgendered" it is "Transgender" We are transgender people. You wouldn't say he is gayed.

Anyway, to comment on this article, I think there should be a federal law protecting the rights of transgender people. One time, my wife tried making an appointment for me at a hair salon. When my wife asked if she was ok with a transsexual she said, "Maybe you should find another place." I didn't know any better back then as that was about 12 years ago, but maybe I should have started a lawsuit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This Florida Teacher Strapped on a Dildo to Tea... (Dec '15) 46 min Carlos 11
News Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) 2 hr Federal Contracto... 94
News Egyptian Police Using Gay Dating Apps To Hunt Gays 2 hr david traversa 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Brian_G 38,891
News Clooney's restraining order 3 hr Here is what I 57
News Indiana lawmakers to discuss ongoing LGBT right... 4 hr Fa-Foxy 1
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 4 hr Fa-Foxy 22
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 5 hr JODECKO 147
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 hr who cares 16,119
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 9 hr Mite Be 27
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 10 hr WasteWater 49
More from around the web