Both Sides Of The Gay Marriage Debate Demand Reinstatement Of Gallaudet University Official

Oct 12, 2012 Full story: baltimore.cbslocal.com 9

A Gallaudet University administrator remains on leave for signing the petition to put same-sex marriage on Maryland's November ballot.

Full Story
Here Kitty Kitty

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Oct 13, 2012
From the news article:
++++++++++
"Dr. McCaskill signed the petition in church after hearing her pastor speak about the issue.
++++++++++
There's the problem; right there
The 'church' was circulating a political petition
Feed 'em to the lions

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#2 Oct 13, 2012
It makes sense, the said person was only exercising their rights to believe whatever they want to. They weren't harassing anyone or anything.

Even if I don't agree with that person's beliefs, they still deserve their rights to believe what they want.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#3 Oct 13, 2012
It's interesting.

I suspect that, like so many other jobs out there, that this person signed a "code of conduct" agreement as a requirement to take the job. So, if they embarrass their employer, or malign their employer, they can be terminated.

And, although they have every right to do as they please, if something they do reflects badly on their employer, that could be a problem for them.

Signing a petition in supporting of a vote that could potentially harm students is problematical.

It's as though they are saying that they value only certain students, and not all.

Personally, I don't believe that they should be punished for a political view, however disgusting, but I can understand the school's point of view about the message it sends to paying students.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Oct 13, 2012
Too late, the damage has been done.

This may cost us marriage equality in Maryland.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Oct 13, 2012
Perhaps that was the intention all along.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#6 Oct 13, 2012
I'm sorry, but count me out of that "both sides" statement because someone who takes a position against equality cannot simultaneously purport to believe in fair and equal treatment and claim she is a qualified diversity leader. Respect for diversity means a lot of things, but supporting legislation that would strip or deny equal rights to people holding a different position than hers is anything but a show of respect. The university is right for having fired her. She disqualified herself for the position.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Oct 14, 2012
Execute her.

Next case !

(This legal stuff is easy.:))
Junior E

El Segundo, CA

#8 Oct 14, 2012
Lacez wrote:
It makes sense, the said person was only exercising their rights to believe whatever they want to. They weren't harassing anyone or anything.
Even if I don't agree with that person's beliefs, they still deserve their rights to believe what they want.
"Lacez", if something logical actually makes sense to you, it is possible you may not really be queer.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#9 Oct 14, 2012
Junior E wrote:
Attempts at trolling.
That's nice, dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 3 min WeTheSheeple 3,625
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 9 min NorCal Native 2,474
Judge resigns so he won't have to marry gay cou... 12 min barry 758
Same-sex marriage is just the beginning 1 hr Michael L 26
Evangelicals with gay children challenging church 1 hr david traversa 19
VIDEO: Anti-gay Russian gangs film wins award 1 hr Christian Taliban 4
Students' project on gay rights a no-go for Cat... 1 hr Christian Taliban 6
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,980
Gay brains similar to opposite-sex straight brains 8 hr Belle Sexton 31

Gay/Lesbian People Search