Bill Introduced To Reverse LGB Vetera...

Bill Introduced To Reverse LGB Veteran's Dishonorable Discharges

There are 6 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jun 19, 2013, titled Bill Introduced To Reverse LGB Veteran's Dishonorable Discharges. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Reps. Mark Pocan and Charlie Rangel have introduced a bill that would give honorable discharges to those veterans discharged for being lesbian, gay or bi.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 19, 2013
Gasp! What will Republicans say?!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2 Jun 20, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
Gasp! What will Republicans say?!
Please.....we know what they're gonna say and it's all BS!!!

#3 Jun 20, 2013
This is a great bill and it would mean so much to those Men and Women who served to be able to forward......but I don't see this getting through the House and that's truly unfortunate!!!

No one should be treated poorly just because they are attracted to the Same-Sex!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Jun 20, 2013
I hope this bill passes.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#6 Jun 20, 2013
Reuben wrote:
<quoted text>
It is BS.
And I'm not a republican or a Christian..
I don't know - seems logical to me.

If folks were dishonorably discharged due to an unconstitutional law that was removed for it's senselessness and unfairness, then it simply makes sense to remove such a blight from the records of those that law harmed.

It wasn't like they did something that any other soldier was allowed to do - even encouraged to do - have relationships, loved ones and families.

#7 Jun 20, 2013
Reuben wrote:
<quoted text>
It is BS.
And I'm not a republican or a Christian..
Why is it BS? To have a Dishonorable discharge on one's record for no reason but because of who they are is and was an injustice that needs to be righted!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Virginia hardware store fires employee accused ... 16 min Paper Towel Free ... 23
News Kim Davis challenger: Man whose marriage licens... 21 min Paper Towel Free ... 27
News Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher says it... 30 min Paper Towel Free ... 4
News Soros Foundation Spends Millions Annually to Su... 46 min YouDidntBuildThat 5
News Lyft driver in Indianapolis orders gay couple o... 48 min Munchkin 49
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr River Tam 61,734
News Two Texas Men Who Used Grindr To Assault, Rob G... 5 hr judy 5
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 6 hr Bouncy House 28,127