Study suggests homosexuality begins i...

Study suggests homosexuality begins in womb

There are 34 comments on the www.seattlepi.com story from Nov 26, 2012, titled Study suggests homosexuality begins in womb. In it, www.seattlepi.com reports that:

Men who have several older brothers have an increased chance of being gay -- whether they were raised together or not -- a finding researchers say adds weight to the idea that sexual orientation is based in biology.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.seattlepi.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#22 Nov 26, 2012
NoQ wrote:
I can understand why abortions should be legal in some cases.
Please start with the Democrats and liberals because they demand it so much.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#23 Nov 26, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Please start with the Democrats and liberals because they demand it so much.
Well when you can determine when a fetus is a republican or democrat, conservative or liberal, I'll notify the Nobel Prize committee.

Good lord Foxy are you really as crazy as Kimare, the one who claims he absorbed his lesbian twin fetus in the womb??

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#24 Nov 26, 2012
NoQ wrote:
I can understand why abortions should be legal in some cases.
I've heard people say the same about you.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#25 Nov 27, 2012
Chance wrote:
Oh, please! Just thinking of all of the large families I know about with several male siblings, not a one of which is gay. Wonder why that is.
It's because it's not absolute, and no study has said it is.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#26 Nov 27, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Why? Because there is no single explanation as to why your son is destined to be that kind of different, but several genetic and biological factors that work to make your baby future fabulous. While it is not true in all cases of male homosexuality, it is however the norm for male homosexuals to have one or more older male siblings. I have two myself. Is birth order the sole determinant? Of course not, my father's family had nine boys, none of whom were gay. Although I do/did have gay relatives on my mother's side of the family.
I also had two older brothers. Until recently I really never noticed a correlation, but many of my friends have 2 or more older brothers also. Of course up until now I never put it all together. No it makes sense.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#27 Nov 27, 2012
RalphB wrote:
I also had two older brothers. Until recently I really never noticed a correlation, but many of my friends have 2 or more older brothers also. Of course up until now I never put it all together. No it makes sense.
Another norm you will find is that most gay men will have one or more gay male relatives on their maternal side of the family. On my father's side of the family, as far as I know, I'm the only gay in a rather sizable clan, but on my mother's side (a much smaller group), one of my sister's kids is gay, I also know of a couple of cousins and had a great uncle whose life story included a G rated version of his some 40 odd years with someone known to the family as uncle Harrison.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#28 Nov 27, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Another norm you will find is that most gay men will have one or more gay male relatives on their maternal side of the family. On my father's side of the family, as far as I know, I'm the only gay in a rather sizable clan, but on my mother's side (a much smaller group), one of my sister's kids is gay, I also know of a couple of cousins and had a great uncle whose life story included a G rated version of his some 40 odd years with someone known to the family as uncle Harrison.
I don't know about my mother's side, since she was adopted, and I have never known the family personally. And historical records are scarce, as they were mostly itinerant farmers. My father had two cousins, brothers, that never married, and lived their whole lives in the house where they were born. I know at least one of them was gay, for sure. The other I'm not sure of. And it was the younger one that was gay.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#29 Nov 27, 2012
The total number of blood relatives I've either met or know of, siblings, cousins, etc. is about 30, and I'me the only gay one.
Sam

Canada

#30 Feb 13, 2013

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#31 Feb 13, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Another norm you will find is that most gay men will have one or more gay male relatives on their maternal side of the family. On my father's side of the family, as far as I know, I'm the only gay in a rather sizable clan, but on my mother's side (a much smaller group), one of my sister's kids is gay, I also know of a couple of cousins and had a great uncle whose life story included a G rated version of his some 40 odd years with someone known to the family as uncle Harrison.
I've known 2 "gay families". One guy I knew lived with his mom and his sister, and all 3 were openly gay.

Another guy I knew, named Ronnie, a professional carpenter, who did not live with his parents, introduced me to his parents and his brothers. He had 3 brothers and no sisters. And while his parents were str8 (his father a BIG man from Texas), 3 out of the 4 sons were openly gay. And in addition to Ronnie being extremely good looking, he is one of the extremely few gay guys I have met with very long hair.

(My hair now is the longest it has ever been and is just about down to my waist).(And each nite before I go to bed, I pray to God that He PLEASE let me die with a full head of hair.:) At this age, I'm very lucky to have a full head of very long blond hair).
Hobo Jade

Amherst, MA

#33 Feb 13, 2013
Ya wanna insult my family b!tch?
Bring it!

“Petite twink, barely legal”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#34 Feb 14, 2013
DNF wrote:
Funny thing is the Roman Catholic Church says the same thing now; some people are created with same sex orientation. They didn't think that way back in the 70's.
That was before all the scandals about priests and altar boys and stuff. That scandal forced them to face reality I guess.

I'm the only gay in my family too, for as far back as I can trace both sides.
The Pruner

Amherst, MA

#35 Feb 14, 2013
Tiny Timmie wrote:
<quoted text>
That was before all the scandals about priests and altar boys and stuff. That scandal forced them to face reality I guess.
Every tree has a dead branch. So long as a little pruning is done the entire tree should remain intact and secure. The key is not to let it get out of control. R U feelin be sister?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#36 Feb 14, 2013
Tiny Timmie wrote:
<quoted text>
There is one problem with your history.

This change in the Church began with Vatican 2. Pope Benedict became Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, one of the most important dicasteries of the Roman Curia in 1981 and oversaw most of these changes himself.

I don't like the guy but I have to give him some of the credit he is due.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Frankie Rizzo 49,268
News South Korean military convicts soldier for havi... 6 min Lester 5
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 14 min Abdel Fattah 69,526
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 29 min Truth 25,631
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 30 min Amused 440
Big Memorial Day Party 31 min Augie 6
News Katherine Clark, Betsy DeVos get into heated di... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 4
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 1 hr Doctor Feelgood 35
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr BOSE 5,993
More from around the web