i dont understand
twisted angel

United States

#1 Mar 15, 2014
Why do people hate gays and lesbians? I've never wronged or harmed anyone. I take care of my own and stay out of all the drama. I don't understand how you can just decide to hate a whole group of people without proper reasoning.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 15, 2014
twisted angel wrote:
Why do people hate gays and lesbians? I've never wronged or harmed anyone. I take care of my own and stay out of all the drama. I don't understand how you can just decide to hate a whole group of people without proper reasoning.
A lot of people hate most about others what they see in themselves.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 15, 2014
Bardu wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they're all a bunch of filthy disgusting perverts who are forcing their sickness on society.
No one forced you to come on to a gay forum and post. Your own need for attention brought you here, Bardu1.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#8 Mar 16, 2014
Human nature. A need to fight, be terrortorial. Groups give us a sense of belonging and safety and outsiders are hated because they might come and take what belongs to us. Trouble is in modern day, it's more complicated, but instincts are the same. If you feel secure in your own group or life then that's fine. If you don't then you feel you need to find a group or person to hate on. Something to justify your anxieties and feelings of threat. A group you don't particularly like or don't understand is a prime choice.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#9 Mar 16, 2014
Bardu wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they're all a bunch of ....
Here is an example of what we are talking about. The insecurity, the fear. Irrational behavior and thought patterns.

You don't see this sort of thing with healthy people. The internet gives terrified folks like this poster a way to vent their terror anonymously, without the fear that they might have to confront their own demons, and face those they insult. There will always be this kind of person out there, but they are becoming fewer and more marginalized.

And the way to ensure that this stays the trend is for you to lead a positive, productive, healthy, and happy life, and prove by example who gay folks really are.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#10 Mar 16, 2014
twisted angel wrote:
It's thier problem, not ours. Hold your head up high and be proud of who you are. We are winning the civil rights battle, and they are stamping thier little feet and crying a river about it. LOL!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#12 Mar 16, 2014
twisted angel wrote:
Religious superstition and 2nd Class citizenship laws encourage private bias and discrimination

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 min Wondering 52,172
News Charlize Theron admits to taking 'a dip in the ... 16 min Wondering 18
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 30 min barry 6,990
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... 38 min Johnny 6
News This Gay Man Wants to End Texas' War Against LG... 1 hr Tre H 27
News Copy-Illinois employees under investigation for... 4 hr Wondering 4
News Dear Abby: Mixed messages from mom have teen lo... 6 hr Dugan 1
News Blood donation rules relaxed for gay men and se... 8 hr Howser 30
News Gay couple grilled by judge about their sex liv... 17 hr TomInElPaso 108
News Catholic church in Cambuslang praised for issui... 23 hr Palin s Turkey Th... 3
More from around the web