Sex Without Condoms: Discuss

Sex Without Condoms: Discuss

There are 40 comments on the EDGE story from Dec 22, 2013, titled Sex Without Condoms: Discuss. In it, EDGE reports that:

Moderator Mr. Pam, left, who doesn't use a last name professionally, was joined by panelists Chrissy Scardina and Alan Guttirez at the condomless sex forum A standing-room crowd turned out to discuss changing rules around condomless sex and other HIV prevention options at a recent Real Talk forum sponsored by the San Francisco AIDS Foundation, ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 22, 2013
What a clever tool to trick the younger generation into actually LEARNING something about HIV.

Bravo!
Its Raining Boys

Southfield, MA

#2 Dec 22, 2013
snyper wrote:
What a clever tool to trick the younger generation into actually LEARNING something about HIV.
Bravo!
Is that why hiv is making a comeback in the US? Yeah snyper, inform the youth about fisting etc and you'll have a society of indigents in 20 years.

Location hidden

#3 Dec 22, 2013
Its Raining Boys wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why hiv is making a comeback in the US?...
Yes. They haven't been getting the message. But it isn't usually the gay kids that are getting infected.

It's the inner-city poor, regardless of orientation.

Try to remember that most young male street prostitutes aren't gay. They are just poor hetero kids, usually addicts, trying to survive through prostituting themselves to closeted hypocrites. Usually, they don't become infected by the prostitution, but from the drug use through sharing needles.

The statistical classification, "MSM", is erroneous and misleading because it wrongly conflates hetero male prostitutes with gay people.

Sure, a lot of gay youth aren't getting the message either. They're young and it isn't real to them, just like every teenage girl who gets pregnant never thought it would happen to her. It's part of the sadly natural insanity of adolescence ... the false belief in their own invulnerability and immortality. It's a very false delusion that goes away when adolescence is over.

Anything, and I mean ANYTHING that gets them to hear AND LISTEN TO the facts is a masterwork.

Here's a hint, crosspatch ...

Like most adolescents, early or late, they are more likely to ignore you if you wrap the message in verbal abusiveness.

This forum idea was VERY cleverly conceived and executed, and collected far more listeners than if they'd only issued more of the same old warnings.

Well done. Very well done.
The End of Days

Southfield, MA

#4 Dec 22, 2013
You can thank the west coast sexual degeneracy and the left leaning moral web destroyers snype. Including you.

Goodbye Rome
The Dream Act

Southfield, MA

#5 Dec 22, 2013
This President has no plan.
This President had no plan.

All liars.
Pierre

France

#6 Dec 22, 2013
Queers don't use condoms. That's why they all have AIDS.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#7 Dec 22, 2013
Pierre wrote:
Queers don't use condoms. That's why they all have AIDS.
Too bad your dad never used a condom.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#8 Dec 22, 2013
This article is chilling. As one who was around when the virus first emerged, it is appalling to me that anyone would play around at all with the chance of getting this virus. It is already changing in some regards. Like bacteria that morph into antibiotic-resistant super bugs, this virus could at anytime change into something that defies all the newest developments to battle it. There are already articles about changes the doctors are observing. All I can say is "Darwinism at work." Oh wait, Darwinism is about not passing on genes because the current generation killed itself off. Guess Darwinism doesn't apply here.

Location hidden

#10 Dec 22, 2013
The End of Days wrote:
You can thank the west coast sexual degeneracy and the left leaning moral web destroyers snype. Including you.
Goodbye Rome
It's a West coast phenomenon? Really?

Then what is this talking about? Note: It's country.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#11 Dec 22, 2013
The End of Days wrote:
Goodbye Rome
You're a good 2000 years behind the times. Figures...

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#12 Dec 22, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. They haven't been getting the message. But it isn't usually the gay kids that are getting infected.
It's the inner-city poor, regardless of orientation.
Try to remember that most young male street prostitutes aren't gay. They are just poor hetero kids, usually addicts, trying to survive through prostituting themselves to closeted hypocrites. Usually, they don't become infected by the prostitution, but from the drug use through sharing needles.
The statistical classification, "MSM", is erroneous and misleading because it wrongly conflates hetero male prostitutes with gay people.
Sure, a lot of gay youth aren't getting the message either. They're young and it isn't real to them, just like every teenage girl who gets pregnant never thought it would happen to her. It's part of the sadly natural insanity of adolescence ... the false belief in their own invulnerability and immortality. It's a very false delusion that goes away when adolescence is over.
Anything, and I mean ANYTHING that gets them to hear AND LISTEN TO the facts is a masterwork.
Here's a hint, crosspatch ...
Like most adolescents, early or late, they are more likely to ignore you if you wrap the message in verbal abusiveness.
This forum idea was VERY cleverly conceived and executed, and collected far more listeners than if they'd only issued more of the same old warnings.
Well done. Very well done.
I'm sorry Snyper, I have to disagree wholeheartedly. The only thing I agree with in this article is that serosorting can be an effective strategy for avoiding HIV infection, but it's not 100% effective like condoms are. In short, I disagree with the message this article sends. Now, I could not say this without personal notes. Condoms are problematic for us men- they cut down sensitivity by about half. Call me a conservative if you want, but I think they are a necessity until such a point that someone finds their true love, then and only then, out they go. I think it is both dangerous and ridiculous that this article suggests people should start taking a preventative. I'm sorry, but if you're having so much sex with so many people in one month to justify paying $1000 for that kind of mitigation strategy, one needs check themselves into a clinic because he or she is suffering a sexual addiction. In the end, what does it matter? Somebody having that much sex without protection is going to catch the bug sooner or later. It's a numbers game. They've been stupid and will now pay the price. Let's not encourage any more stupidity. There is enough of it everywhere already.
Duck Butter

Southfield, MA

#13 Dec 22, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a good 2000 years behind the times. Figures...
And no one learns from the past. Figures...

Location hidden

#14 Dec 22, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Snyper, I have to disagree wholeheartedly. The only thing I agree with in this article is that serosorting can be an effective strategy for avoiding HIV infection, but it's not 100% effective like condoms are. In short, I disagree with the message this article sends. Now, I could not say this without personal notes. Condoms are problematic for us men- they cut down sensitivity by about half. Call me a conservative if you want, but I think they are a necessity until such a point that someone finds their true love, then and only then, out they go. I think it is both dangerous and ridiculous that this article suggests people should start taking a preventative. I'm sorry, but if you're having so much sex with so many people in one month to justify paying $1000 for that kind of mitigation strategy, one needs check themselves into a clinic because he or she is suffering a sexual addiction. In the end, what does it matter? Somebody having that much sex without protection is going to catch the bug sooner or later. It's a numbers game. They've been stupid and will now pay the price. Let's not encourage any more stupidity. There is enough of it everywhere already.
I am NOT agreeing with the message that the writer is presenting.

I definitely AM praising the forum itself for finding a new and captivating way to get some info into the next generation of gay kids' stubborn little heads.

As with many on topix, they suffer with the delusion that one opinion, theirs, is as good as any another. This seminar, under the guise of a forum, was a masterpiece. A brilliant subterfuge.

It certainly got you to make the condom assertion clearly and appropriately, one with which you KNOW that I wholeheartedly agree.

Did you reporter miss it?

It's "EDGE".

Of COURSE their reported missed it entirely.

In the dictionary, "EDGE" reads as: "Too uninformed to be anything but shallow and often misleading.

Remember. They became reporters because math, science and even critical thinking courses were too hard for them.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#15 Dec 23, 2013
Duck Butter wrote:
<quoted text>
And no one learns from the past. Figures...
You would if you read Edward Gibbon, instead of some right-wing funnymentalcase websites.

Here's a start 4 U:
In The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (1776–88), Edward Gibbon famously placed the blame on a loss of civic virtue among the Roman citizens. They gradually entrusted the role of defending the Empire to barbarian mercenaries who eventually turned on them. Gibbon held that Christianity contributed to this shift by making the populace less interested in the worldly here-and-now because it was willing to wait for the rewards of heaven.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_the_R...
The Weimar Republic

Southfield, MA

#17 Dec 23, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You would if you read Edward Gibbon, instead of some right-wing funnymentalcase websites.
Here's a start 4 U:
In The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (1776–88), Edward Gibbon famously placed the blame on a loss of civic virtue among the Roman citizens. They gradually entrusted the role of defending the Empire to barbarian mercenaries who eventually turned on them. Gibbon held that Christianity contributed to this shift by making the populace less interested in the worldly here-and-now because it was willing to wait for the rewards of heaven.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_the_R...
And I'm sure a filthy Khazar had something to do with the corruption. They have a knack for funding both ends of the ass until the currency implodes and the nation becomes poor. Ya know what I'm sayin?

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#18 Dec 23, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I am NOT agreeing with the message that the writer is presenting.
I definitely AM praising the forum itself for finding a new and captivating way to get some info into the next generation of gay kids' stubborn little heads.
As with many on topix, they suffer with the delusion that one opinion, theirs, is as good as any another. This seminar, under the guise of a forum, was a masterpiece. A brilliant subterfuge.
It certainly got you to make the condom assertion clearly and appropriately, one with which you KNOW that I wholeheartedly agree.
Did you reporter miss it?
It's "EDGE".
Of COURSE their reported missed it entirely.
In the dictionary, "EDGE" reads as: "Too uninformed to be anything but shallow and often misleading.
Remember. They became reporters because math, science and even critical thinking courses were too hard for them.
Well, okay then. I must have misunderstood you, but I have to admit that I take offense at your characterization of reporters. Regardless of my switch in roles, I am still a producer, and it has been my love of science and math that got me where I am today. I see where you are coming from, but I also don't think my opinion matters more than most except in terms of the exposure I receive and the weight my words carry in real life. Walk a day in my shoes and you will see what I mean. Statistics are my life, and I worry about the effect that sending out that kind of message will have on HIV infection rates. I'm glad you're not of the position I thought you were, but that's no reason to get so hostile. Even like minds can sometimes disagree.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, okay then. I must have misunderstood you, but I have to admit that I take offense at your characterization of reporters. Regardless of my switch in roles, I am still a producer, and it has been my love of science and math that got me where I am today. I see where you are coming from, but I also don't think my opinion matters more than most except in terms of the exposure I receive and the weight my words carry in real life. Walk a day in my shoes and you will see what I mean. Statistics are my life, and I worry about the effect that sending out that kind of message will have on HIV infection rates. I'm glad you're not of the position I thought you were, but that's no reason to get so hostile. Even like minds can sometimes disagree.
I don't FEEL hostile at all.

I'm just very weary of "EDGE" reporters being so shallow in their reportage, and not just "EDGE" either.

Case in point. NPR Marketplace reporter gives report on global warming. Exactly the same 5 points we've heard since forever; atmospheric saturation with CO2. No mention of Methane's 25x effect over Carbon in greenhouse effects. Ends report with comment that the oceans absorb the Carbon. No mention that it turns seawater into Carbonic Acid which rejects Oxygen and destabilizes Methane ice on the seafloor.(smiley, smiley, perky) On to shale gas investments ...

I could fill pages with such critiques.

Are you better than this?

I do SO hope so.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#21 Dec 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't FEEL hostile at all.
I'm just very weary of "EDGE" reporters being so shallow in their reportage, and not just "EDGE" either.
Case in point. NPR Marketplace reporter gives report on global warming. Exactly the same 5 points we've heard since forever; atmospheric saturation with CO2. No mention of Methane's 25x effect over Carbon in greenhouse effects. Ends report with comment that the oceans absorb the Carbon. No mention that it turns seawater into Carbonic Acid which rejects Oxygen and destabilizes Methane ice on the seafloor.(smiley, smiley, perky) On to shale gas investments ...
I could fill pages with such critiques.
Are you better than this?
I do SO hope so.
Of course, but the questions I answer are quite different.

Location hidden

#22 Dec 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course, but the questions I answer are quite different.
I get that.

Could your unique skillset be used to hunt for new questions?

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#23 Dec 26, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I get that.
Could your unique skillset be used to hunt for new questions?
In a way, yes. I provided the intelligence people need to find out what those new questions are. The suggestion of such presents itself in my data as insights about people's collective behavior online. That can yield a wealth of information useful to studying people's behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 33 min Prankster 9
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 58 min lake bay boy 38,802
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 1 hr Gremlin 76
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 1 hr Wholly Silicon Wafer 26
News Not 'old white guys' - Shriners to ride in Calg... 1 hr GEY SHRINERs PARADE 1
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 1 hr ZUGZWANG 5
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 16,008
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 2 hr June VanDerMark 11,315
More from around the web