44-year-old arrested on sex charges

44-year-old arrested on sex charges

There are 28 comments on the Loomis News story from Aug 15, 2010, titled 44-year-old arrested on sex charges. In it, Loomis News reports that:

Auburn police officers Ian Ackard, left and Dustin McLaughlin detain 44-year-old Charles Wayne Burghy Friday afternoon after he allegedly solicited sexual acts to a 16-year-old boy through text messages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Loomis News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#1 Aug 15, 2010
nail him!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#2 Aug 15, 2010
But if I EVER hear that the 'parents' do a DAMN thing to the teen (other than supporting him), I'll have their ass! The abuse cuts BOTH ways....
dicky

Jacksonville, NC

#3 Aug 15, 2010
i thought 16 was legal and did the boy say what age he was? the boy will have his day with gays and love it

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#4 Aug 15, 2010
dicky wrote:
i thought 16 was legal and did the boy say what age he was? the boy will have his day with gays and love it
Did you ever BOTHER to read the charges idiot? I didnt think so pervert! Just spout off with your azzhole.. as usual.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Aug 15, 2010
dicky, 16 is the "Age of Consent" to MARRY without parental approval. Because of the quirks of the laws (from being patched together from a long history of different attitudes) even teens legally can't get physical with each other. Technically, it's called "Sexual Misconduct between Minors" lol.

This case remains one of inappropriate conduct between an adult and a minor.

OOPS !!!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#6 Aug 15, 2010
The article does not specifically state that Burghy was aware of the teens age. If he were, even the discussion of meeting, drinking, and having sex was inappropriate, much less the naked pictures.

On the other hand, what I got from the events of that night is that Burghy got cold feet and never followed trough on meeting the teen. I'm not at all sure "Nail him!" is the right attitude.

Just yesterday, I was talking to someone in an airport lounge. When the subject of priests with teenage boys came up, he thought they should be shown the electric chair.(He was Texan.) Then I mentioned someone who will have to register for life as a sex offender because he diddled his girlfriend's sixteen year old daughter. He seemed to think that, inappropriate as that may be, it could happen to anybody.

So sex between a man and a teen boy will elicit community wrath. Sex between a man and a teen girl? Well, understandable.

The story certainly does not make clear how aggressively Burghy pursued the teen, or vice versa. I've had a couple of chats ostensibly with teens who were pretty hot to talk sex with me. I had no interest whatsoever, and eventually stopped talking to them when they wouldn't get off the subject. This led me to think that I might have been the target of a sting, but I really don't know.

Anyway, the evidence from this story does not suggest to me that Burghy is a hard-core child abuser.
Ahki

Seattle, WA

#7 Aug 15, 2010
Is this gay news?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#8 Aug 15, 2010
Ahki wrote:
Is this gay news?
Its just "news" just like its "just" marriage.. leave sexuality OUT of it.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#9 Aug 15, 2010
You know, I'm tired of this "parents should pay attention to what kids are doing in this technological age" crap. Kids don't need cellphones, period. If you feel there is some dim, unrealistic reason why they should have one, get one that doesn't have a camera, doesn't text, doesn't do anything more than allow the kid to CALL someone.

Same with computers. If they must have their own, then you get software to block topics, sites, etc. No facebook or myspace. Monitor the internet history and take the computer away if they delete that history.
CHAS

Breckenridge, CO

#11 Aug 15, 2010
Molesters of little girls outnumber those that molest little boys 22 to 1. All of the girl molesters should get this much publicity or is it too common to mention?
Rethink it

Tyler, TX

#12 Aug 15, 2010
Well it a bad little mess that both are in. If you ever watch tv talk shows like Maury Povich. You will see that this kind of issues are running a muck with the straight folks. They aren't hanging them from the nearest oak tree . Their patting them on the back, and the working class pays ,for the ooppps i have a baby now. The big real question is did the 16 kid,teen, or young man. Tell the man his real age.
Oh don't hate on dicky so hard... He was just speaking his mind

Mel in MI

“We're here! ”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#14 Aug 15, 2010
cpeter1313 wrote:
You know, I'm tired of this "parents should pay attention to what kids are doing in this technological age" crap. Kids don't need cellphones, period. If you feel there is some dim, unrealistic reason why they should have one, get one that doesn't have a camera, doesn't text, doesn't do anything more than allow the kid to CALL someone.
Same with computers. If they must have their own, then you get software to block topics, sites, etc. No facebook or myspace. Monitor the internet history and take the computer away if they delete that history.
Sounds like good old fashioned advice. Too bad most parents don't do this. I do know of this child that lost a $200. phone, second one in less than six months, she was "punished" with an even more expensive phone.
Franz

Rheda-wiedenbr├╝ck, Germany

#15 Aug 15, 2010
Keep homosexuals away from kids!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#16 Aug 15, 2010
Keep horny sociopaths away from kids !

PhoeniXRizing

“Rizen from the Ashes”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#17 Aug 15, 2010
Franz wrote:
Keep homosexuals away from kids!
Why? Because you say so?
Leftatalbuquerqu e

Canada

#18 Aug 15, 2010
Franz wrote:
Keep homosexuals away from kids!
Oh, damn... we had all these brown shirts made up for them to wear...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#19 Aug 15, 2010
Had I lost a $200 ANYTHING as a teenager, I'd still be grounded.

That's an amazing and sad story. What did the parents think the kid was going to learn?
Mark in Caledonia MI wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like good old fashioned advice. Too bad most parents don't do this. I do know of this child that lost a $200. phone, second one in less than six months, she was "punished" with an even more expensive phone.

“dyssonance hotmail”

Since: Mar 07

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Aug 16, 2010
snyper wrote:
Keep horny sociopaths away from kids !
Hey!

I'm a sociopath.

Leave personality disorders that develop from childhood abuse out of it.

(no, really.)

Mel in MI

“We're here! ”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#21 Aug 16, 2010
cpeter1313 wrote:
Had I lost a $200 ANYTHING as a teenager, I'd still be grounded.
That's an amazing and sad story. What did the parents think the kid was going to learn?
<quoted text>
I really don't know, however, I do know that they are enabling the child to be irresponsible.
Janitor

United States

#22 Aug 16, 2010
cpeter1313 wrote:
You know, I'm tired of this "parents should pay attention to what kids are doing in this technological age" crap. Kids don't need cellphones, period. If you feel there is some dim, unrealistic reason why they should have one, get one that doesn't have a camera, doesn't text, doesn't do anything more than allow the kid to CALL someone.
Same with computers. If they must have their own, then you get software to block topics, sites, etc. No facebook or myspace. Monitor the internet history and take the computer away if they delete that history.
A lot of goood that would do. Most kids today know computers a lot better than their parents and any software the parents put on to block their using sites the kids could easily bypass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 min cpeter1313 10,482
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 1 min Terra Firma 249
News Senate candidate Roy Moore says gay sex is "the... 2 min Rose_NoHo 61
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 min TomInElPaso 56,228
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 27 min Ranting flee bag 61,385
News Kentucky clerk in gay marriage dispute switches... (Sep '15) 35 min Ranting flee bag 24
News Bus driver tells students "faggots will burn in... 57 min Lucas 10
News Cake fundraiser supports gay marriage as Suprem... 11 hr Wondering 63
More from around the web