Chelsea Clinton says gay rights have ...

Chelsea Clinton says gay rights have made progress

There are 9 comments on the WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg story from Feb 16, 2014, titled Chelsea Clinton says gay rights have made progress. In it, WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg reports that:

Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton says the gay-rights cause made "incredible progress" on political and legal fronts in 2013, but progress should not be mistaken for success.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg.

Baldo

Buffalo, NY

#1 Feb 16, 2014
STFU you stupid twit!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#2 Feb 16, 2014
It would be funny if it weren't so sad this is coming from the daughter of a guy who set gay rights back 20 years with his DADT policy he insisted on.

THANK GOD HE WAS IMPEACHED !

:)
Marcavage s Trick

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Feb 16, 2014
It sure has made progress: These days only about half the Cheney family pretends to be anti gay in order to attract votes or readers.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#4 Feb 17, 2014
We already know that gay rights have made progress. Did we NEED Chelsea Clinton to tell us this for some reason? Is the fact somehow made manifest by her speaking it aloud?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Feb 17, 2014
KirkW wrote:
We already know that gay rights have made progress. Did we NEED Chelsea Clinton to tell us this for some reason? Is the fact somehow made manifest by her speaking it aloud?
''

It is important that she practice gay-friendly speeches in the public forum
She may very well be the next President from the Clinton Dynasty

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Feb 17, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>''
It is important that she practice gay-friendly speeches in the public forum
She may very well be the next President from the Clinton Dynasty
Haven't we suffered enough ?!

And while people castigated Sarah Palin for quitting midterm, why did these same people not castigate Hillary Clinton for doing the exact same thing ? Hypocrisy, thy name is 'DEMOCRATS".

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Reading PA

#7 Feb 18, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't we suffered enough ?!
And while people castigated Sarah Palin for quitting midterm, why did these same people not castigate Hillary Clinton for doing the exact same thing ? Hypocrisy, thy name is 'DEMOCRATS".
Yes it was terrible for us to suffer a surplus in the budget, a reduction of the federal debt, and increased prestige around the world. Those were horrible things we had to suffer under the Clinton Presidency.

An people castigated Sarah because SHE WAS ELECTED and frankly I think they should have left her alone - it was the smartest damn thing she ever did. She was totally unfit for any office and every time she opens her mouth she proves that she's less intelligent then household pets.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Feb 18, 2014
KirkW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was terrible for us to suffer a surplus in the budget, a reduction of the federal debt, and increased prestige around the world. Those were horrible things we had to suffer under the Clinton Presidency.
An people castigated Sarah because SHE WAS ELECTED and frankly I think they should have left her alone - it was the smartest damn thing she ever did. She was totally unfit for any office and every time she opens her mouth she proves that she's less intelligent then household pets.
hillary had NOTHING to do with "a surplus in the budget, a reduction of the federal debt, and increased prestige around the world". The budget can ONLY be passed by Congress, and the "surplus in the budget, a reduction of the federal debt, and increased prestige around the world" was a result of a REPUBLICAN House Of Representatives PASSING a balanced budget for the FIRST TIME IN DECADES.

Hillary was elected to the U.S. Senate by the people of New York (I'm a New Yorker, but i didn't vote for her naturally), and just like Sarah Palin, HILLARY QUIT !

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Reading PA

#9 Feb 18, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
hillary had NOTHING to do with "a surplus in the budget, a reduction of the federal debt, and increased prestige around the world". The budget can ONLY be passed by Congress, and the "surplus in the budget, a reduction of the federal debt, and increased prestige around the world" was a result of a REPUBLICAN House Of Representatives PASSING a balanced budget for the FIRST TIME IN DECADES.
Hillary was elected to the U.S. Senate by the people of New York (I'm a New Yorker, but i didn't vote for her naturally), and just like Sarah Palin, HILLARY QUIT !
They passed Clinton's budget - not their own. They haven't proposed a balanced budget in decades. GOP budgets are so out of balance they couldn't get past a first year accounting course. Yes Hillary was a Senator - not a Governor and she quit to run for President because she correctly determined it wasn't fair to the people of New York to not be a full-time Senator, not because she was the subject of ethics investigations like Palin who also quit because she didn't want to be lame duck Governor (her words, not mine). Oh Boo effing hoo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nebraska Morning News 4 min Imo 1
News Senate hopeful Roy Moore: gay sex is the 'same ... 4 min Rainbow Kid 30
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 min Get Real 9,987
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 6 min Get Real 78
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 59 min neighbor 2,419
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Rocket Man 56,094
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 4 hr Wondering 53
More from around the web