The Sexual Fetish of Gay Marriage Opp...

The Sexual Fetish of Gay Marriage Opponents

There are 263 comments on the www.slate.com story from Mar 22, 2013, titled The Sexual Fetish of Gay Marriage Opponents. In it, www.slate.com reports that:

As the Supreme Court prepares to hear Hollingsworth v. Perry and United States v. Windsor, opponents of same-sex marriage have scrambled to answer the central question: What is the government’s rational interest in preventing gays from marrying? The standard argument from moral disapproval was revoked by Romer v. Evans and Lawrence v. Texas. The argument that gay marriages undermine the family has been debunked by a decade of same-sex marriage in several countries. So, as Proposition 8 and DOMA wound their way through the courts, gay marriage opponents lit upon a more durable argument, seemingly grounded in science rather than animus or religion. Their case, presented most comprehensively by Princeton professor Robert P. George, is that only sex acts with a “dynamism toward reproduction” — that is, penile to vaginal intercourse — create true marriages and lead to legitimate child-rearing. Same-sex marriages, by this theory, are not “real” marriages, because they do not involve “organic bodily union.”

Editor's note: so I guess all infertile heterosexuals are also denied legal marriage then?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.slate.com.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#1 Mar 22, 2013
"In a sense, George is correct: Perry and Windsor are not simply about who gets to marry, but what marriage is. Is it fundamentally rooted in a sex act? Or is it a means of securing two people’s love and commitment to each other and their children? That, as much as any legal doctrine, is the question the court now faces. "

In many places and times it is neither - it is a way for economic combination of two families or a method of adhering to a cultural directive to have children (in the latter case, that usually means male children). Very few societies even expect monogamy from the male partner in a heterosexual marriage and in some it is not expected from either.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#2 Mar 22, 2013
PS: I though this article was going to be about heterosexuals engaging in "scat", since that is what our friend NoQ is so obsessed with.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 22, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
PS: I though this article was going to be about heterosexuals engaging in "scat", since that is what our friend NoQ is so obsessed with.
Actually it's 'Luke' who's the Skat queen.
Leon

Anonymous Proxy

#4 Mar 22, 2013
Two men who bugger each other up the butt should not be allowed anywhere near children!

“LIFE'S TO SHORT TO LET TOPIX”

Since: Aug 08

TROLLS GET YA DOWN:-)

#5 Mar 22, 2013
Leon wrote:
Two men who bugger each other up the butt should not be allowed anywhere near children!
But those heterosexual religious white men from middle-class families are allowed around children, who by the way commit 80% of the Child Molestation cases that have been prosecuted!!!

Read this:
from the study, we know that child molesters are as equally married, educated, employed, and religious as any other Americans.
http://www.childmolestationprevention.org/pag...
Fred

Alexandria, VA

#6 Mar 22, 2013
Queers are the ones molesting little boys. They may still be in the closet, but they're still queers. Wish we could stop queers from molesting little boys.
Fred

Alexandria, VA

#7 Mar 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>But those heterosexual religious white men from middle-class families are allowed around children, who by the way commit 80% of the Child Molestation cases that have been prosecuted!!!

Read this:
from the study, we know that child molesters are as equally married, educated, employed, and religious as any other Americans.
http://www.childmolestationprevention.org/pag...
Closet queers. I'm sure you've heard about them perverts.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Mar 22, 2013
I'll never understand why so many str8s get upset about gay sex. All we do is hold hands and hug and kiss a lot. What's teh big deal ?!

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#9 Mar 22, 2013
It would be a lot safer for little boys if R1's probation officer would find out he's using his computer for hate speech...

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 Mar 22, 2013
Fred wrote:
Queers are the ones molesting little boys. They may still be in the closet, but they're still queers. Wish we could stop queers from molesting little boys.
Sounds like you asstroll!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#11 Mar 22, 2013
And if two heterosexuals cannot produce children, for whatever reason, should they also be barred from being married ?

Should we prohibit by law, the marriage of any woman past menopause, because she cannot produce children ? That would be logical IF marriage is ONLY for producing children, wouldn't it ?

“LIFE'S TO SHORT TO LET TOPIX”

Since: Aug 08

TROLLS GET YA DOWN:-)

#12 Mar 22, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Closet queers. I'm sure you've heard about them perverts.
Sorry dumbazz, but men who molest boys are NOT considered Gay.......but then you don't give a crap about the false allegations you make in the first place!!!

Pedophiles don't have normal sexual orientations......so, most consider themselves heterosexuals, when in fact they are more than likely bisexual!!!
Fred

Alexandria, VA

#13 Mar 22, 2013
Don't matter what you consider them, they're queers none the less.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#14 Mar 22, 2013
Fred wrote:
Don't matter what you consider them, they're queers none the less.
Documented FACT, Child Molesters go after the most vulnerable and easiest prey. You're a f(_)cking bigoted moron if you believe otherwise...
Fred

Alexandria, VA

#15 Mar 22, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>Documented FACT, Child Molesters go after the most vulnerable and easiest prey. You're a f(_)cking bigoted moron if you believe otherwise...
No, child molesters go after what turns them on. For queers, it's little boys.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16 Mar 22, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
No, child molesters go after what turns them on. For queers, it's little boys.
Then like I said you're a bigoted f(_)cking moron..

“LIFE'S TO SHORT TO LET TOPIX”

Since: Aug 08

TROLLS GET YA DOWN:-)

#18 Mar 22, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
No, child molesters go after what turns them on. For queers, it's little boys.
Actually, you'd be wrong and the evidence clearly shows that......like I stated earlier.....READ THE FRUCKING article that a link was provide to......they would know more about the issue than you would!!!
Fred

Alexandria, VA

#19 Mar 22, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>Then like I said you're a bigoted f(_)cking moron..
Why you so mean? You not get your sexual appetite satisfied today?

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#20 Mar 22, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you so mean? You not get your sexual appetite satisfied today?
You really need to work on your pickup lines. Try starting with a compliment. You'll get more dates.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Mar 22, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you so mean? You not get your sexual appetite satisfied today?
Cardinal O'Brien, I can't imagine you are helping yourself with these posts of yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 11 min Nine Ball 59,802
News Longmont valedictorian silenced over speech dis... 14 min Fa-Foxy 13
Are the mods fair and balanced? 20 min Friend of Poof1 843
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 27 min Wondering 332
News Ireland same-sex marriage 28 min Lawrence Wolf 338
News The Christian owners of a bakery found to have ... 42 min Wondering 22
News Can Rick Santorum escape his past? 46 min kuda 31
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 48 min Divine Providence 149
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Wondering 21,783
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr Wondering 5,706
More from around the web