Federal Judge: Nevada Can Bar Gay Cou...

Federal Judge: Nevada Can Bar Gay Couples from Marrying

There are 25 comments on the www.towleroad.com story from Nov 30, 2012, titled Federal Judge: Nevada Can Bar Gay Couples from Marrying. In it, www.towleroad.com reports that:

In a ruling in Sevcik v. Sandoval made public late yesterday, Judge Robert C. Jones, a George W. Bush appointee, found Nevada's laws limiting marriage to two people of the opposite sex are Constitutional.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.towleroad.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#26 Nov 30, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody made a suggestion that gives me a new worry--although I don't take it too seriously. The premise is that the originalists will overturn DOMA in order to bolster their infatuation with states' rights. Hence, we might actually be looking at a 7-2, 8-1, or 9-0 decision overturning DOMA.
The danger here is that SCOTUS insert a poison pill in the majority opinion which forces the Ninth Circuit to reverse itself if Perry is sent back.
Frankly, however, I don't foresee the feigned regard for states rights overwhelming the conservative's desire to deal a blow to gays.
Agreed.

While literally anything is possible, what's most PROBABLE is a 5-4 or 6-3 decision overturning DOMA. I think it's pretty obvious now that Prop 8 will simply be held until the DOMA issue is dealt with.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#27 Nov 30, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
While literally anything is possible, what's most PROBABLE is a 5-4 or 6-3 decision overturning DOMA. I think it's pretty obvious now that Prop 8 will simply be held until the DOMA issue is dealt with.
"While literally anything is possible" is an UNTRUE statement. The list of things that are IMPOSSIBLE far exceeds the things that are possible. Just as the quanity of irrational numbers far exceeds the quantity of integers, the things that are impossible greatly exceed the things that are possible.
david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#29 Nov 30, 2012
Like President, like Judge..
AzAdam

Charlottesville, VA

#31 Nov 30, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
"While literally anything is possible" is an UNTRUE statement. The list of things that are IMPOSSIBLE far exceeds the things that are possible. Just as the quanity of irrational numbers far exceeds the quantity of integers, the things that are impossible greatly exceed the things that are possible.
Your last few posts were so powerful and insightful and relevant. What happened to this one?

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#33 Dec 1, 2012
He forgot to take his morning meds.
AzAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last few posts were so powerful and insightful and relevant. What happened to this one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 2 min Tre H 955
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 min Rose_NoHo 4,967
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 20 min Respect71 44,054
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 38 min Big C 23,979
News Gay Activists Plan Inaugural 'Queer Dance Party... 50 min Just stop complai... 10
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 54 min Just stop complai... 287
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 56 min Just stop complai... 12,646
More from around the web