Santa Fe FindsThat New Mexico Already...

Santa Fe FindsThat New Mexico Already Has Same-Sex Marriage

There are 7 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Mar 19, 2013, titled Santa Fe FindsThat New Mexico Already Has Same-Sex Marriage . In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Same-sex marriage may already be legal in New Mexico as Santa Fe finds that the state's marriage law does not define marriage as being one man and one woman

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Mar 19, 2013
I lived in Albuquerque and love that city.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Mar 19, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
I lived in Albuquerque and love that city.
I have a friend who lives there, in a nursing home now. I go out to see him once a year. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Mar 19, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a friend who lives there, in a nursing home now. I go out to see him once a year. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
I LOVED the city. The only reason that I moved from Albuquerque in December, 2011 is because it turned out to be a lot colder and snowier than i expected. I moved from New York to the southwest primarily BECAUSE OF the cold and snow in New York.

So since Albuquerque turned out to be snowier and colder than I expected, I moved here to beautiful SUNNY, WARM southern Arizona instead !

:)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#4 Mar 19, 2013
This is a very interesting article. I hope this story gets some attention.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Mar 19, 2013
A good way to test the theory is for a gay couple to apply for a marriage license to see what happens

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Mar 19, 2013
Anything not prohibited by law is permissable.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#7 Mar 19, 2013
As I read the article.......I know this has been tried before and the specific county clerk was sued by the State:
Marriage/Civil Unions
Currently in New Mexico, same-sex couples are not issued marriage licenses. In February 2004, one county clerk issued and recorded 64 marriage licenses to same-sex couples. The Supreme Court of New Mexico granted an order restraining that specific county clerk from issuing more licenses to same-sex couples pending the lower court’s resolution of the dispute. The lawsuit to restrain the county clerk was later dismissed without any decision being rendered after that clerk’s term of office ended. As of April 2005, these 64 licenses have not been challenged, nor has any other clerk issued more.
http://www.nmbar.org/Public/publicpubs/samese...

Maybe this time it will be the charm!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 14 min Freedomofexpression 8,505
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 min cpeter1313 53,789
News 'Gay is sin' pastor plans gospel rally at Pride... 57 min cpeter1313 8
News Biphobic hate crimes a should be treated differ... 58 min Jonas 1
News Romanian Orthodox Bishop Resigns After Gay Sex ... 1 hr Jonas 7
News Celebrate with Allentown's Pride in the Park Fe... 1 hr weaponX 3
News Movies: LGBT Film Series to be shown at three L... 1 hr weaponX 11
News Trump bans transgender people from military 1 hr TomInElPaso 365
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 1 hr DaveinMass 51
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 9 hr Wendy 591
More from around the web