Pentagon Extends Some More Benefits t...

Pentagon Extends Some More Benefits to Same-Sex Partners

There are 2 comments on the WABC-AM New York story from Feb 11, 2013, titled Pentagon Extends Some More Benefits to Same-Sex Partners. In it, WABC-AM New York reports that:

A year and a half after the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell the Pentagon is extending many benefits to the same-sex partners of military service members that, until now, had only been available to heterosexual couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WABC-AM New York.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 12, 2013
Leon is a fine and honorable man ... with integrity to match the size of his heart.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Feb 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
Leon is a fine and honorable man ... with integrity to match the size of his heart.
And Hagel seems to be saying the same things.

Once DOMA falls it will be interesting to see how quickly Sec Hagel moves to implement equality for all our servicemembers. We need to be prepared to contact our Congressmen to ensure they put pressure on the military to follow through.

I'll be calling my Senator- Sen Levin, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee- the day the decision comes down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Church of Scotland moves closer to letting mini... 2 hr Rainbow Kid 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr tbird19482 49,276
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Pope Rainbow 6,049
News Mormon church pulls older teens out of Boy Scouts 3 hr The Troll Stopper 43
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... (Nov '16) 3 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,428
Thanks BIG BOSS MAN! 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 3
News Amherst raises Pride flag 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 4
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 7 hr Evilgelicalling 460
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 13 hr Harlod 69,528
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 14 hr Truth 25,618
More from around the web