Gay rights activists in Cyprus stage rare protest against Russia's homosexuality policies

There are 20 comments on the Sep 3, 2013, Canada.com story titled Gay rights activists in Cyprus stage rare protest against Russia's homosexuality policies. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Vancouver is saying goodbye to the PNE for another year. Take a look as fairgoers win the last few prizes, take the last few rides and dance to the last concert of 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Skint Bubble

Edmonton, UK

#1 Sep 3, 2013
Hmmm,only a dozen gay Greeks in South Cyprus protested against homosexual hater Putin's anti-gay policies!!
The numbers don't add up!!
Putin's policies go against the very heart of Greekism..yet only a dozen protest?
Are homosexuals repressed in South Cyprus?...that would be 'Awkwaaaaard'
LOL wit Skinnty

Collierville, TN

#2 Sep 3, 2013
NOPE putin just fed up so many russian gays are fcuking wit turks bad for russia's security to tightly ALIGN wit turks,,,,,,lolo Greekism dont mind if russians are fcuking turks its a democratic loophole and Cyprus still waiting for its democracy .......
Talos Sampson

Cyprus

#3 Sep 4, 2013
Skint Bubble wrote:
Hmmm,only a dozen gay Greeks in South Cyprus protested against homosexual hater Putin's anti-gay policies!!
Putin's policies go against the very heart of Greekism..yet only a dozen protest?
Why don't you ask your Mohammed he swung both ways and was into that kinda thing!
chris

London, UK

#4 Sep 4, 2013
i am a 20 yr old hellenic boy and live in bendover avenue.
i am 4"6 & weigh 98lbs, my measurements are 34-24-34.
those fat drunken brits say i am gay because my unique hellenic voice sounds feminine and because i love shopping & wear short skirts like the spartans in 300. of course i love marmango dancing.
this is what i am and who i am.
proud hellene chris
GREECE

Collierville, TN

#5 Sep 4, 2013
chris wrote:
those fat drunken brits say i am gay because my unique hellenic voice sounds feminine and because i love shopping & wear short skirts like the spartans in 300. of course i love marmango dancing.
proud hellene chris
,,,,,,be careful them "fat drunken brits" in bendover ave. cannot get it in between themselves they looking for a slim jim like you, them pervs with their little weiners,,,,,,,
Skint Bubble

Edmonton, UK

#6 Sep 4, 2013
Talos Sampson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you ask your Mohammed he swung both ways and was into that kinda thing!
A typically religious comment from our Greek Cypriots friends.
Leave them alone hairy priest!!
mustafa

London, UK

#7 Sep 4, 2013
Skint Bubble wrote:
you sound like your a convicted sexoffender
Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#8 Sep 4, 2013
chris wrote:
proud hellene chris
Well spoken just like a true Greek. I bet bendover ave is populated with Greeks.
Skint Bubble

Edmonton, UK

#9 Sep 4, 2013
mustafa wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound like your a convicted sexoffender
I'm not Greek you are.
I also think Turkish troops succeeded with their peace operation
oh cut d crap skintty

Collierville, TN

#10 Sep 4, 2013
Skint Bubble wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not Greek you are.
.......illegal occupation and ethniccleansing by NATOturkish troops,,,,,,,,,,no success when u steal and ethnicallycleanse its illegal......
mustafa

London, UK

#11 Sep 4, 2013
Skint Bubble wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not Greek you are.
IM not Greek I don't like Greeks I am Turkish but to me your comments are suspicious to a sexual predator
Skint Bubble

Edmonton, UK

#12 Sep 4, 2013
oh cut d crap skintty wrote:
<quoted text>.......illegal occupation and ethniccleansing by NATOturkish troops,,,,,,,,,,no success when u steal and ethnicallycleanse its illegal......
You tried to steal Cyprus and paid the price..don't blame me for the fallout...you had it coming..right?
Skint Bubble

Edmonton, UK

#13 Sep 4, 2013
mustafa wrote:
<quoted text>
IM not Greek I don't like Greeks I am Turkish but to me your comments are suspicious to a sexual predator
Yes you are Turkish..but ..you are also a Greek Cypriot!!
PS TurkishtroopsinCyprus!!
mustafa

London, UK

#14 Sep 4, 2013
Skint Bubble wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you are Turkish..but ..you are also a Greek Cypriot!!
PS TurkishtroopsinCyprus!!
Im Turkish Don't insult me I think you are a sexual predator why you defending gay people in your comment?
Kantara2009

Turkey

#15 Sep 4, 2013
GREECE wrote:
<quoted text>,,,,,,be careful them "fat drunken brits" in bendover ave. cannot get it in between themselves they looking for a slim jim like you, them pervs with their little weiners,,,,,,,
...there you go again with racist comments about the British,I wonder how you feel about the Americans ?
NICE TRY CUNTARA

Collierville, TN

#16 Sep 4, 2013
Kantara2009 wrote:
<quoted text>...there you go again with racist comments about the British,I wonder how you feel about the Americans ?
.....nice try cuntara i put the quotes on it twas from the previous poster and like i said before cuntara brits and americans are 2 of the biggest pillars of greece's legacy creation of the western world ud be talking persian if not for alexander unitin half d greeks n crushing the persian empire to its exact borders with a measly 30000(not bad for hand to hand combat) for atacking and stealing greek cities,,,,,,,,,by the way i dont insult big or samll people as fat or skinny never say fat only big never say skinny only slim,,,,,,,,,,
TurkishTroopsout ofCyprus

London, UK

#17 Sep 4, 2013
Kantara2009 wrote:
<quoted text>...there you go again with racist comments about the British,I wonder how you feel about the Americans ?
I don't see you complaining at the racist comments that your british pals make towards greeks
Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#18 Sep 4, 2013
mustafa wrote:
<quoted text>
Im Turkish Don't insult me I think you are a sexual predator why you defending gay people in your comment?
I Mustafa a crap. 10% of your Greek nation is homosexuals,
shouldn't you be right behind them and sticking up to them.

Dervis Eroglu

Turkey

#19 Sep 4, 2013
NICE TRY CUNTARA wrote:
<quoted text>.....nice try cuntara i put the quotes on it twas from the previous poster and like i said before cuntara brits and americans are 2 of the biggest pillars of greece's legacy creation of the western world ud be talking persian if not for alexander unitin half d greeks n crushing the persian empire to its exact borders with a measly 30000(not bad for hand to hand combat) for atacking and stealing greek cities,,,,,,,,,by the way i dont insult big or samll people as fat or skinny never say fat only big never say skinny only slim,,,,,,,,,,
Lollollol,,,,corruptvill Charlie tn. if the history is correct about Alexander the Macedonian king, then he had done nothing new
attacking and massacring to build a Empire, where is his Empire now but a mere speck of land on the world map.

Here is a little article for every one to read..

Alexander, the King of Macedonia and conqueror of the Persian Empire (356–323 BC ) has fascinated historians, novelists and film makers, who spent their creativity, time and money to project him as a great hero. Why have historians invariably created a great image of a conqueror and placed him on a high pedestal?

Sometimes a conqueror becomes a hero because of the nation’s quest for an idol to worship. On the other hand, racism can make a hero out of an invader who defeats or crushes inferior races. At times religion idealises a victor who fought for the glory of his faith.

In the same way perhaps, Alexander qualifies for his historic fame and glory. It depends on the various interpretations of historians who wish to create an infallible image and make him a great hero. For the Greeks, he is a national hero. The racist and cosmopolitan who believe in a multicultural and multi-religious society regard him as racially superior.

Historians writing about the greatness of conquerors attribute to them diverse qualities. The conqueror would be like a military general, perfect in the art of warfare, innovative in tactic and victorious in wars with his faultless strategy. They do not tire of praising his bravery, boldness and courage displayed in the battlefield as a skilful warrior. However, there is no condemnation of killing, bloodshed and its impact on the life of those families who lost their loved ones, belongings and homes. Neither is there disapproval of the slaughter of civilians, enslavement of women and children, burning of cities, and the plundering and looting of war booty. There is no comment on how the title of ‘great’ was earned and what price did the common people pay for victories of these conquerors.

Traditional historians regard Alexander as one of the greatest generals, who built a vast empire after achieving military success. The question remains as to why he invaded the Persian Empire? He became a great emperor by conquering and occupying land on which he had no claim. A study of his life and career shows that he was somewhat deluded about his greatness, and was perhaps an alcoholic and a megalomaniac. He traced his ancestry to Achilles and Hercules, the Greek heroes, based on which he claimed divinity.

After his conquest of Egypt, he assumed the title of pharaoh, who was regarded no less than a god by the Egyptians. He was determined to model his life on that of the glorious Achilles. It is said that while marching towards Persia to fight a battle, Alexander paid homage to Achilles by visiting his tomb in Troy and running up to it to lay a wreath. When the Persians were defeated, he occupied the cities and burned Persepolis, imitating the Greeks burning the city of Troy.

Alexander’s alcoholic and megalomaniac nature became evident when he killed his childhood friend Cleitus in a drunken brawl.
Talos Sampson

Cyprus

#20 Sep 5, 2013
Skint Bubble wrote:
<quoted text> A typically religious comment from our Greek Cypriots friends.
Leave them alone hairy priest!!
Did'nt Mohammed marry a six year girl I mean child at the the age of 53 and consumated the marriage when she was 9 years old?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama's top 10 jokes 5 min Poof1 4
News Moral decay must end for America to be great again 7 min Gremlin 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Reverend Alan 19,815
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 8 min Your Ex 219
News Top U.S. court appears on cusp of declaring rig... 33 min Poof1 2
News Gay rights activist Judy Shepard tells Akron au... 37 min Roscoe 3
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 59 min Nine Ball 59,317
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 1 hr Wondering 2,109
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 76
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 124
Are the mods fair and balanced? 2 hr Poof1 666
More from around the web