Romney Wants Gay Grandkids to be 'Gay'

Romney Wants Gay Grandkids to be 'Gay'

There are 258 comments on the EDGE story from Sep 21, 2012, titled Romney Wants Gay Grandkids to be 'Gay'. In it, EDGE reports that:

Although Mitt Romney has been flip-flopping on many social issues, the former Governor of Massachusetts recently said that he would want his grandkids to be happy if they were gay, CBS News reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#45 Sep 21, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, come join us, if we don't print more money we will go over the cliff. Which means one day we WILL go over the financial cliff you FOOL. It is not a matter of If but WHEN! Another w/o a college education. Even more frightening is many with a college education do not understand the true function of fiat currency backed by debt. EVERY country where a fiat currency has been used. It has failed.
When has the US currency failed? Canada's? the UK? China? Hmmmm. it would seem you could have used a college education. or at least you should have finished highschool.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#46 Sep 21, 2012
Elle baise aux pede wrote:
Romney if your offspring happens to be homo, they still can do their homo stuff as long as they do it in the privacy of their properties. But don't impose that crap on the rest of society a behavior not acknowledged by the founders or their writings!
Like none of the founding fathers were gay. that would be a statistical anomoly.

keep your head firmly in the sand, or where ever you have it hidden...
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#48 Sep 21, 2012
Gods shoeshine wrote:
I was making the same point we are not a democracy we are a republic where the majority can't control the minority gay marriage is no ones business but the gays
It is our business when shoved in our public schools without ANY consideration of parents now isn't it!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#49 Sep 21, 2012
Elle baise aux pede wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah?How many? Which gay historian told that crap? Back them (1700's) being openly gay costed your job and your placement in government!
.
Just polish your septic hole with your tongue and don't expect help from this thread on that! Stupid!
I didn't say openly gay, did I? Do you understand what a statistical anomoly is? I know they are big words with larger concepts behind them. perhaps someone can help you with that.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#50 Sep 21, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Like none of the founding fathers were gay.
Wishful thinking and a bit desperate are we? Good grief lad! Just anudder headshaker.
Wow!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#52 Sep 21, 2012
Elle baise aux pede wrote:
<quoted text>
First, we are debating widely accepted openly gay behavior as an unalienable right! Not hidden gay behavior which some may have done in the past!
.
Second, you never extrapolate from a few sample to extrapolate to a general population! Or you forgot to take statistics in elementary school! Why are you fking yourself in front of this thread! You don't have the logic, the numbers, nor the history to back whatever the fk you are trying to put up a defense based on humiliation when you are the one being spanked hard! Are you the kind that the face must be broken for you to hide back to your septic hole?
no debate needed, it is an unalienable right to be who you are.

yes, of all the men that could be included in teh phrase 'Founding Fathers' it would be a statistical anomaly if some of them were not gay.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#53 Sep 21, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
There are gays and then there are activist gays. The activists don't want to mind their business and just live their lives like most people do. I'm not indifferent to those gays that think they can interfere with the lives, values, morals and religions of others. I think they are wrong and I have no problem saying so.
There are anti-gays and then there are activist anti-gays. The activists dont' want to mind their business and just live their lives like most people do. I'm no indifferent to those anti-gays that think they can interfere with the lives, values, morals and religions of others. I think they are wrong and I have no problem saying so.

Since: Aug 12

Waverly, TN

#54 Sep 21, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>It is our business when shoved in our public schools without ANY consideration of parents now isn't it!
no you should be getting government out of schools and step up and be a parent and not be so dependent on welfare "education "and the government

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#55 Sep 21, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
It is our business when shoved in our public schools without ANY consideration of parents now isn't it!
If you don't like what is taught in public schools, then send your little bigot to a private school, or better yet homeschool them.

It's your choice.

Since: Aug 12

Waverly, TN

#57 Sep 21, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't like what is taught in public schools, then send your little bigot to a private school, or better yet homeschool them.

It's your choice.
he's dependent on welfare

Since: Aug 12

Waverly, TN

#58 Sep 21, 2012
Elle baise aux pede wrote:
<quoted text>Rights are defined by the Constitution, religion, history of a society, and culture. Anything outside or new must be debated in a transparent democratic process! Not behind the door agreement to please a minority!
.
"To be who you are" that right is not given otherwise I should the right to fornicate cows and horses and eat human flesh simply because it is to my liking! Decandence is prevented by placing boundaries around behavior and attitudes! CAPICE? It looks to me you don't live in a country! Go live in the jungle of Brazil may be a native brazilian tribe may follow your philosophy of "being who you are". Let's see how long your septic hole last!!
we're a republic not a democracy the minority is equal

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#59 Sep 21, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, our civil rights are not supposed to be up for popular vote.
To ban religion would mean amending the US constitution, which takes more than 51% of the vote.
Actually a state COULD ban religion with just 51% of the vote by referendum, initiative, or state constitutional amendment.

Of course any such ban would be found unconstitutional by the state and/or federal courts, but they would have to go through the motions of actually declaring such a ban unconstitutional. Just as we have to go through the motions of having the courts declare bans on sodomy, open military service for gays & lesbias, and bans on same-sex couples marrying to be unconstitutional as well.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#61 Sep 21, 2012
Elle baise aux pede wrote:
<quoted text>
Rights are defined by the Constitution, religion, history of a society, and culture. Anything outside or new must be debated in a transparent democratic process! Not behind the door agreement to please a minority!
.
"To be who you are" that right is not given otherwise I should the right to fornicate cows and horses and eat human flesh simply because it is to my liking! Decandence is prevented by placing boundaries around behavior and attitudes! CAPICE? It looks to me you don't live in a country! Go live in the jungle of Brazil may be a native brazilian tribe may follow your philosophy of "being who you are". Let's see how long your septic hole last!!
yes, and being who you are in our country and society is one of our rights. is there some law against being gay? No, it is perfectly legal and gay people have the right to be who they are.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#63 Sep 21, 2012
Elle baise aux pede wrote:
<quoted text>
Rights are defined by the Constitution, religion, history of a society, and culture. Anything outside or new must be debated in a transparent democratic process! Not behind the door agreement to please a minority!
Please do yourself and everyone else a favour and read some history about how civil rights advances have come about. Learn about how women gained "legal personhood" and the vote. Learn about how non-whites were emancipated and gained legal equality as well as basic civil rights that were previously denied them.

You're in for a real eye-opener if you think it's all just a matter of majority rule beneficence being bestowed upon polite minorities.
hoodathunkit

De Graff, OH

#64 Sep 21, 2012
Elle baise aux pede wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you minorities are equal to what? We have a representative democracy and those representatives are dominated by the number of states and their respective population numbers! Those representatives debate and pass laws that either favor or negatively affect minorities! So where is the equal crap comes from?
.
Elaborate your biased POV!!
Anybody who claims the United States is a democracy knows absolutely nothing about the country or its history. The United States is a Constitutional Federal Republic. Although the constitution allows certain democratic processes, the government functions as a republic.

Since: Aug 12

Waverly, TN

#65 Sep 21, 2012
Elle baise aux pede wrote:
<quoted text>Who told you minorities are equal to what? We have a representative democracy and those representatives are dominated by the number of states and their respective population numbers! Those representatives debate and pass laws that either favor or negatively affect minorities! So where is the equal crap comes from?
.
Elaborate your biased POV!!
the definition of republic

Since: Aug 12

Waverly, TN

#66 Sep 21, 2012
Finally someone who has read the constitution

I'd argue that religion could be banned federally since most actions are unconstitutional now and no one cares

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#71 Sep 21, 2012
Gods shoeshine wrote:
Finally someone who has read the constitution
I'd argue that religion could be banned federally since most actions are unconstitutional now and no one cares
It would certainly be a step forward for the human race...

maybe a presidential mandate under the 'clear and present danger' clause?

Since: Aug 12

Waverly, TN

#72 Sep 21, 2012
Elle baise aux pede wrote:
<quoted text>Learn this and learn it fast! We are a representative democracy. We delegate the exercise of our powers to the representative who are accountable to us and we have the power to remove them when they do not express our will! So whoever brought the concept that "minorities are equal" is really bologne! Majority still rules in our representative democracy! Our representatives practice democratic debates and conduct voting to legalize or reject legislature!
I refuse to "learn" something that isn't true we are a republic as laid out in our founding documents. The word democracy isn't in any of them

Since: Aug 12

Waverly, TN

#73 Sep 21, 2012
Elle baise aux pede wrote:
<quoted text>Learn this and learn it fast! We are a representative democracy. We delegate the exercise of our powers to the representative who are accountable to us and we have the power to remove them when they do not express our will! So whoever brought the concept that "minorities are equal" is really bologne! Majority still rules in our representative democracy! Our representatives practice democratic debates and conduct voting to legalize or reject legislature!
the concept was introduced by the constitution

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate candidate Roy Moore says gay sex is "the... 3 min Imprtnrd 52
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 24 min neighbor 2,425
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 39 min Just Think 225
News Cake fundraiser supports gay marriage as Suprem... 1 hr Wondering 63
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 1 hr Wondering 67
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr cpeter1313 56,202
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr cpeter1313 10,371
More from around the web