Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 Full story: FITSNews 1,813

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Full Story

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1143 Jan 27, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I AM an Episcopalian. It is a part of my VERY busy life ...
But if you're still here, then your life isn't VERY busy, is it?
Now, the REAL question is...WHY ARE YOU HERE? You don't post news stories. You can't edit. You must have flunked English. You ARE NOT Episcopalian.
But Topix is NOT sectarian, a concept you have failed to grasp from day one.

And the REAL question is, if my editing is so lacking, then why did Topix "fire" you as an editor, and not me?

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1144 Jan 27, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you're still here, then your life isn't VERY busy, is it?
<quoted text>
But Topix is NOT sectarian, a concept you have failed to grasp from day one.
And the REAL question is, if my editing is so lacking, then why did Topix "fire" you as an editor, and not me?
Ask TOPIX. I have no idea. Just one day out of the blue, the Editor tab was gone. It means nothing more or less. Took me off of the LPGA forum as well. I think it was a computer glitch. It is painfully obvious to ALL of us except for you that you are inept. You can't spell. You can't discern a story from an opinion piece. You refuse to be fair or balanced. Your sole purpose to be here is not to edit anything but to denigrate the Episcopal Church. You have no connection to the faith. You are a Pharisee Joe, plain and simple. Maybe someday someone will come through here with some cords in hand and clean this place out. Until then, we will have to look at you as you are in your pious seat.

For those of us who are CHRISTIANS, we are off to church. Enjoy attending the Church of the Holy Mattress. You don't have the cohones to be a real Christian.

#1145 Jan 27, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Source!
St. John's Episcopal Cathedral in Jacksonville Florida. We have added a service. Come and see for yourself.

#1146 Jan 27, 2013

#1147 Jan 27, 2013
Click on the Lay Ministry tab and you will see where I am...serving! I suggest it...to be of SERVICE TO GOD! That is what GOD requires. Try it sometime.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1148 Jan 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Ask TOPIX. I have no idea ...
Although you admit that you're clueless, the REAL question still remains: if, according to YOU, my editing is so lacking, why did Topix "fire" YOU as an editor, and not ME?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1149 Jan 27, 2013
... SERVICE TO GOD! That is what GOD requires. Try it sometime.
But Samuel replied:

"Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the Lord?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams ..." (1 Samuel 15:22)

God requires obedience. Try it sometime.
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#1150 Jan 27, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your views on this subject are an abomination to common sense and reason.
You statement is inoperative as is your reasoning. Calling youself a "reverend" is an abomination and any true Christian would recognize this salient fact. You're simply an overbaked charlaton who uses the beliefs of others to make merchandise of the unlearned and foolish. So, what was your point ?

Just as Jesus used the Word (Scripture) to refute the Devil, I'll use the scripture to refute your bogus, dodge, hustle, religion!

Isiah 55:8 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

When you pray, talk to someone you know, because you obviously do not know the Father (God) the Son (Jesus) and the Spirit. If you thing you have spirit? It's probably gas! Reverends are like prostitutes, there's always one to suit your tastes!
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#1151 Jan 27, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah! Blah! Blah!
Its funny how clueless people come into gay chat rooms to tell gay people what being gay is like
We already know all about it
Here is the nitty-gritty on homophobia:
++++++++++
If you freak out when you spring a boner for another male; you're a homophobe
++++++++++
See how easy it is when you ask the pros!
You HOMOSEXUAL FOOL! I imagine all HOMOSEXUAL acts are "nitty gritty!" Your comments are indicative of the perverseness of your mind, body and spirit. HOMOSEXUALS choose to be HOMOSEXUAL just as a dog chooses to return to his vomit or the pig to his feces. HOMOSEXUALS are like water, ALWAYS SEEKING THE LOWEST LEVEL.

MAY THE LORD REBUKE YOU!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1152 Jan 27, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
You HOMOSEXUAL FOOL! I imagine all HOMOSEXUAL acts are "nitty gritty!" Your comments are indicative of the perverseness of your mind, body and spirit. HOMOSEXUALS choose to be HOMOSEXUAL just as a dog chooses to return to his vomit or the pig to his feces. HOMOSEXUALS are like water, ALWAYS SEEKING THE LOWEST LEVEL.
MAY THE LORD REBUKE YOU!
You expose your homophobia to the world when you publicly project hatred or irrational religiosity upon your fellow gay comrades

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#1153 Jan 27, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
You statement is inoperative as is your reasoning. Calling youself a "reverend" is an abomination and any true Christian would recognize this salient fact. You're simply an overbaked charlaton who uses the beliefs of others to make merchandise of the unlearned and foolish. So, what was your point ?
Just as Jesus used the Word (Scripture) to refute the Devil, I'll use the scripture to refute your bogus, dodge, hustle, religion!
Isiah 55:8 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
When you pray, talk to someone you know, because you obviously do not know the Father (God) the Son (Jesus) and the Spirit. If you thing you have spirit? It's probably gas! Reverends are like prostitutes, there's always one to suit your tastes!
So, what was my point?__???

LOL!!!....

Is your first language English?

#1154 Jan 27, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
But Samuel replied:
"Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the Lord?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams ..." (1 Samuel 15:22)
God requires obedience. Try it sometime.
What does God require?

Micah 6:8...

Try it sometime!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1155 Jan 27, 2013
Click on the Lay Ministry tab and you will see where I am...serving! I suggest it...to be of SERVICE TO GOD! That is what GOD requires ...
Lip service isn't service (Deut. 10:12) and good works can't earn salvation (Mt. 7:22-23).
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#1156 Jan 28, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what was my point?__???
LOL!!!....
Is your first language English?
I'm sure I'm probably way over your head in numerous categories but I will accept your acquiescence that you really had not point to begin with. Bing! Bing! Bing! THANK YOU FOR PLAYING! In this version of "Rope the Dope Reverend!" NEXT!

THE MOST HIGHLY RIGHT REVEREND - PHIL MCGROEN

Oh, reverend, look up B. Franklins essay on the silly honory titles of the CofE. It would be effacious to you!
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#1157 Jan 28, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You expose your homophobia to the world when you publicly project hatred or irrational religiosity upon your fellow gay comrades
What a joke term "Homo - Phobia." It's about as silly as a round of "Let's honk Bobo's Nose" or "Pin the tail on the jackass HOMOSEXUAL"

Q: Do you know what you call a HOMOSEXUAL bar with no chairs?

A: A fruit stand!

AhahAh! I kill myself with my humor! Now wipe that *hit off your mouth!

#1158 Jan 28, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Lip service isn't service (Deut. 10:12) and good works can't earn salvation (Mt. 7:22-23).
While you are flappin' yo' gums...some of us are actually doing God's work. Daughter, Acolyte, Chalice minister, Biblse Study leader...try it sometime. BE OF SERVICE TO GOD...Next week is feed the homeless.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1159 Jan 28, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joke term "Homo - Phobia." It's about as silly as a round of "Let's honk Bobo's Nose" or "Pin the tail on the jackass HOMOSEXUAL"
Q: Do you know what you call a HOMOSEXUAL bar with no chairs?
A: A fruit stand!
AhahAh! I kill myself with my humor! Now wipe that *hit off your mouth!
You know what you call an asstroll Irish baby with a lisp?--phil mcgrowin'

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1160 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
While you are flappin' yo' gums...some of us are actually doing God's work ...
The "many wonderful works" of Matthew 7:22-23?

Then truly, you have your reward (Matthew 6:1-4).
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#1161 Jan 28, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what you call an asstroll Irish baby with a lisp?--phil mcgrowin'
With pathetic humor like that, NO WONDER you hide your location and can only type three letters as a moniker.
But not BUTT, here's some more sophisticated humor to "poke fun" at homosexuals" PUN INTENDED
Two gay gentlemen were walking through a zoo. They came across the gorillas and after a while they noticed that the huge male gorilla had a massive erection. This fascinated the gay men so much they couldn't take their eyes off of it. One of the men just couldn't bear it any longer and he reached into the cage to touch it. The gorilla grabbed him, dragged him into the cage and screwed him for six hours non-stop.
When he was done, the gorilla threw the gay man back out of the cage. An ambulance was called and the man was taken away to the hospital. The next day his friend visits him in the hospital and asked, "Are you hurt?" "AM I HURT?" he shouted, "Wouldn't you be? That big ape hasn't called, he hasn't written..."
Q: How do you know when it's bedtime at Michael Jackson's house?
A: When the big hand touches the little hand.
Q: What do you call a gay bar with no place to sit?
A: A fruit stand.
Q: Why did the gay man get a job at the loading dock?
A: He loved taking deliveries in the rear.
Q: Why do gay men make good linemen?
A: They love penetrating the defense.
Q: Why couldn''t the gay quarterback make it in the NFL?
A: He was too foreward with his passes.
Q: How do you make a lesbian anorexic eat?
A: Put pussy hair around her dinner plate.
Q: What do you call a fart in the men's room of a gay bar?
A: A love call.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1162 Jan 28, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
With pathetic humor like that, NO WONDER you hide your location and can only type three letters as a moniker.
But not BUTT, here's some more sophisticated humor to "poke fun" at homosexuals" PUN INTENDED
Two gay gentlemen were walking through a zoo. They came across the gorillas and after a while they noticed that the huge male gorilla had a massive erection. This fascinated the gay men so much they couldn't take their eyes off of it. One of the men just couldn't bear it any longer and he reached into the cage to touch it. The gorilla grabbed him, dragged him into the cage and screwed him for six hours non-stop.
When he was done, the gorilla threw the gay man back out of the cage. An ambulance was called and the man was taken away to the hospital. The next day his friend visits him in the hospital and asked, "Are you hurt?" "AM I HURT?" he shouted, "Wouldn't you be? That big ape hasn't called, he hasn't written..."
Q: How do you know when it's bedtime at Michael Jackson's house?
A: When the big hand touches the little hand.
Q: What do you call a gay bar with no place to sit?
A: A fruit stand.
Q: Why did the gay man get a job at the loading dock?
A: He loved taking deliveries in the rear.
Q: Why do gay men make good linemen?
A: They love penetrating the defense.
Q: Why couldn''t the gay quarterback make it in the NFL?
A: He was too foreward with his passes.
Q: How do you make a lesbian anorexic eat?
A: Put pussy hair around her dinner plate.
Q: What do you call a fart in the men's room of a gay bar?
A: A love call.
GOD has a little story he tells to folks who get their jollies mocking his fellow mankind:
++++++++++
2 Kings 2:23> "And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head."
2 Kings 2:24> "And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."
++++++++++
Watch out for she-bears; Mr. Mc ;o|

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why (R1) Righteous One is a POS (Dec '12) 6 min Homer 56
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 7 min cpeter1313 2,777
The Wednesday Afternoon NE Jade Thread 9 min Homer 1
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 min The_Box 5,211
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 13 min Pietro Armando 1,172
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 14 min Frankie Rizzo 4,920
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 16 min chris toal 26,563
Trio to fight gay assault case at evidence hearing 20 min Frankie Rizzo 19