Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

There are 1811 comments on the FITSNews story from Oct 17, 2012, titled Episcopal Drama Rocks SC. In it, FITSNews reports that:

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FITSNews.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#987 Jan 16, 2013
Only a QUEEN would know the QUEEN'S ENGLISH...I therefore, give way to Queen Josephine! My apologies, your majesty!

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#988 Jan 17, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Only a QUEEN would know the QUEEN'S ENGLISH...
King or Queen, you still don't know Shakespeare.

#989 Jan 17, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
King or Queen, you still don't know Shakespeare.
I know enough...the lady doth protest too much, methinks...and YOU DO my Queen!
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#990 Jan 17, 2013
[QUOTE who="Sick,Degenerate,Godl ess, Blasphemer in Kansas"]<quoted text>Buttercup, the only one of us who has perverting the word of God here has been you. You torture the hell out of it in order to rationalize your choice of some seriously f*cked up beliefs. You have to, there's nothing actually in the book that says what you want it to, you even have to resort to versions that have been deliberately mistranslated to make God out to be a homophobe. I feel so sorry for you sissy, you are in for such a rude f*cking surprise, but you can't say we didn't try to warn you.[/QUOTE]

Oh, Girl, you be so....Silly! Your eyes are blinded because of your SIN of HOMOSEXUALITY. It's really that simple. As Peter said in I Peter 2:"Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; 12Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation."

As sin has blinded your spiritual mind clouded by the "sins of the flesh" you have perverted the will of God through his design, and by abhoring the Scriptures's abmonition against "flesh lusts." Notice that Peter also goes on to say that those, e.g. HOMOSEXUALS will speak evil of you/{me} just as you have done, not knowing that your damnation is not far off. I have not mistranslated or misinterpreted anything, merely quoted the text and provided a citation. These are God's WORDS, not MINE.

The deathly grip of Satan has you and it keeps you blinded to the truth. Quoting the Apostle Paul in I Timothy 4:1 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;" best describes this phenomon.

So, what's your point Silly girl?
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#991 Jan 17, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
Oh Baloney!
Your limited comprehension of the purpose and content of scripture blinds you to the Teachings of Christ Jesus.
The fact that you can't comprehend what I wrote is no surprise either.
Actually, I didn't bother to read it entirely because you claim to be a Reverend. That's funny. It's like I'm going to waste my time on some rambling disassociative pseudo intellectual "bravo sierra?" I think not.

Your comments are fit for nothing more than the rambling snide remark from a lunatic mind. Remember, there is no hiearchy in Christianity. They did not call Moses, "Reverend" Moses, it was just Moses. They did not call Paul "Reverend" Paul, just Paul; They did not call Peter "Reverend" Peter, it was just Peter. What was that you were saying about my lack of knowledge of the scripture? Read a book and get a life, you're not nearly as impressive as you might think.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#992 Jan 17, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
Oh, Girl, you be so....Silly!
Have you considered therapy? God clearly isn't helping you much. dear, your problem with me is that I see you far too clearly and not the least bit intimidated by you or that thing you want to call God. You're free to keep trying if you want, I'm finding your little hissy fits amusing.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#993 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>Really?
You have so many things backwards joe....
http://voices-magazine.blogspot.com/2010/03/m...
We already know he is an ass, who else changes headlines to make them feel better?

LOL!

;-)

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#994 Jan 17, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Have you considered therapy? God clearly isn't helping you much. dear, your problem with me is that I see you far too clearly and not the least bit intimidated by you or that thing you want to call God. You're free to keep trying if you want, I'm finding your little hissy fits amusing.
God helps those who help themselves, and them some people have 'magic', no thinking required.

;-)
droppin in for a tad

Watsonville, CA

#995 Jan 17, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Take GOD's word for it:
Romans 1:26-27: Because of this [worshipping things instead of God], God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
First, that's Saul NOT "GOD's word".
Second, that's 1:25-
Saul's suggestion is that God "gave over" little kids.
This also contradicts the RCC's magisterium, with Papal Imprimatur, that God creates people to be gay.
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#996 Jan 17, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Have you considered therapy? God clearly isn't helping you much. dear, your problem with me is that I see you far too clearly and not the least bit intimidated by you or that thing you want to call God. You're free to keep trying if you want, I'm finding your little hissy fits amusing.
Awll, You mean the bible is a hissy fit? Poor fool of the flesh! When will you learn how absolutely feeble it is? HIV/AIDS?
Whose amusing who? LOL!

You really have not defense.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#997 Jan 17, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
Awll, You mean the bible is a hissy fit?
No; lol
Its an ancient history book written before cave men learned to document chronology
Reason2Believe

Columbia, SC

#998 Jan 17, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
No; lol
Its an ancient history book written before cave men learned to document chronology
Wow, thanks for this bit of drivel to substantiate your comment. This is a "no troll zone."

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#999 Jan 17, 2013
Never mind the gay stuff check this one out a real police detective...http://www.the-usc .com/?u=94626

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1000 Jan 17, 2013
droppin in for a tad wrote:
<quoted text>
First, that's Saul NOT "GOD's word" ...
Saul, better known as the Apostle Paul, wrote 90 percent of God's Word, AKA the New Testament.

#1001 Jan 17, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
We already know he is an ass, who else changes headlines to make them feel better?
LOL!
;-)
Totally against the TOS.

#1002 Jan 17, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/17/kevi... |maing7|dl1|sec3_lnk3&pLid =258556&utm_hp_ref=fb& src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=1 358652,b=facebook

Found Joe's priest is selling METH!

#1003 Jan 17, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/17/kevi... |maing7|dl1|sec3_lnk3&pLid =258556&utm_hp_ref=fb& src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=1 358652,b=facebook

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1004 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Totally against the TOS.
And which Topix ToS would that be?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#1005 Jan 18, 2013
droppin in for a tad wrote:
<quoted text>
First, that's Saul NOT "GOD's word".
Second, that's 1:25-
Saul's suggestion is that God "gave over" little kids.
This also contradicts the RCC's magisterium, with Papal Imprimatur, that God creates people to be gay.
Dear Droppin' In,

I agree, regarding Saul and scripture. Another poster here, Snyper, often provides a similar view.

I could not understand your sentence regarding "Imprimatur" and the creation of people to be "gay."

Please restate and elaborate.

Rev. Ken

#1006 Jan 18, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
And which Topix ToS would that be?
Changing headlines and changing the direct posts of others. You do it all the times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Researcher accused of fraud in gay marriage stu... 2 min Gay Ferocious 22
News If Catholic Ireland said yes to same-sex marria... 15 min Fa-Foxy 5
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 22 min Fire Wall 367
are you an adult living with hiv in the usa? pa... 29 min DrNatan 1
News Gay-rights activists attempting demonstration i... 46 min Fa-Foxy 8
News Domestic violence a 'silent epidemic' in gay re... 55 min Fire Wall 11
News Longmont valedictorian silenced over speech dis... 1 hr Rainbow Kid 36
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr nhjeff 5,756
News Ireland same-sex marriage 1 hr Fa-Foxy 418
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Reverend Alan 21,848
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 2 hr Rose_NoHo 2,578
More from around the web