Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FITSNews

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Comments (Page 13)

Showing posts 241 - 260 of1,813
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#253
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

MiddleWay wrote:
... Pot calling joline AGAIN.
Don't you have to run to the chancery for mass?
Hypocrite....
... talk about the pot calling the kettle!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#254
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Yes dear, I'm well aware that your question is how I would rewrite the Bible. Is there any sort of point to it?

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#255
Nov 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Rick in Kansas wrote:
... I'm well aware that your question is how I would rewrite the Bible. Is there any sort of point to it?
Aside from the fact that you have once again avoided answering Wot's question?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#256
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Joe DeCaro wrote:
... that you return to these threads like a dog returns to its vomit (Proverbs 26:11).
I came back because you asked me to, sweetie. Where that puts you in your scriptural analogy lesson is entirely up to you.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
And you don't have a life: you have an agenda.
Well dear, my 'agenda' of the last few days has included a number of trips between here and Fact for some friends. Literally.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#257
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Joe DeCaro wrote:
More than clueless, but unfortunately there's no Topix icon for deliberate ignorance.
I guess that's one way of looking at having been helped to look like the fool that you really are. Complete and utter denial of a proven reality. Always such an interesting choice. I don't know what you imagine you are accomplishing by your selective attention edits of what I am actually saying for your responses, but other than making yourself look silly, I don't get the point.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#258
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Joe DeCaro wrote:
Aside from the fact that you have once again avoided answering Wot's question?
Oh no! Whatever shall we do? I have yet to provide a satisfactory answer to a completely pointless question.

If Wot wants a Bible for Dummies revision that makes it clear that God didn't really mean what the current versions clearly says he did, why is that my responsibility to write?

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#259
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Does God really approve of this?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#260
Nov 19, 2012
 
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Does God really approve of this?
Sheep to the right, goats to the left.

I think so....

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#261
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
I came back because you asked me to ...
You must have graduated obedience school with honors, but the only thing I asked you to do was to answer Wot's question.

We're still waiiting for that answer.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#262
Nov 19, 2012
 
Joe DeCaro wrote:
You must have graduated obedience school with honors, but the only thing I asked you to do was to answer Wot's question.
We're still waiiting for that answer.
Why?

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#263
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
Why not?

WotMeWorry wrote:
Lets put it another way.
Pretend you are God (that shouldn't be hard for you).
The isrealites are worshiping what they think are other gods but are really not gods at all.
You want them to stop doing that so you tell your servant who is writing scripture to tell them to not do it.
What would you say? How would you have put it?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#265
Nov 19, 2012
 
Caleb wrote:
Hick, you really don't get it.
There are those who keep claiming that buttercup, but they, like you, are absolute sh*t at proving that to be true.
Caleb wrote:
The Episcopal Church claims to base its doctrine on the Bible, as does virtually every other Christian body.
But what you don't seem to get is that so does virtually every Christian Church which does not agree with your choice of Christian views on the subject.
Caleb wrote:
The Bible repeatedly condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.
According to your choice of beliefs, a belief, that I have to evidently remind you, not universally held among those who choose to identify as Christians. If that is what you wish to choose to believe, believe it with all of what passes for your heart. But as far as you making a rational or even spiritual case as to why we should choose to believe that right along with you. Let's just say God should do better.
Caleb wrote:
This fact is irrefutable.
According to what you have chosen to believe, another belief not universally shared.
Caleb wrote:
Leviticus 18:22Leviticus 20:13Romans 1:26-27I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)1 Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)
Been there, done that, nothing there to convince me to share your choice of beliefs in them and you being you certainly doesn't help. God should do better.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#266
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Joe DeCaro wrote:
Why not?
If one is waiting for a bus to stop, it helps to wait where buses stop. I'll see if you are bright enough to eventually figure that out.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
WotMeWorry wrote:
Lets put it another way.
Pretend you are God (that shouldn't be hard for you).
The isrealites are worshiping what they think are other gods but are really not gods at all.
You want them to stop doing that so you tell your servant who is writing scripture to tell them to not do it.
What would you say? How would you have put it?
I leave pretending to be God to the allegedly Godly dear. If the Wot wants a re-write, the Wot can do a re-write. I don't see a point at the end of the tunnel, let alone light.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#268
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Caleb wrote:
Hick, your ignorance and bigotry are astounding.
I try my best, dear.
Caleb wrote:
Suppose you cite a Bible translation that agrees with you?
Agrees with me about what?
Caleb wrote:
Oh, that's right! There are NONE!
Suppose you cite a major branch of Christianity that accepts your homosexual lifestyle choice as moral? Oh! That's right! There are NONE.
Solves that problem I guess. Since you have already made up what you pass off as your mind that I can never possibly be right, I guess all I can say is good luck with your unfortunate choices. You're done.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#270
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Rick in Kansas wrote:
... I don't see a point at the end of the tunnel, let alone light.
That's comes as no surprise: "... if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness" (Matt. 6:23).

Your light's out, Rick.

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Rick in Kansas wrote:
Yes dear, I'm well aware that your question is how I would rewrite the Bible. Is there any sort of point to it?
Your answer to the question will expose the fallacious nature of your argument and hence your avoidance.

You don't want to answer the question because it will make you look stupid. Well, stupider even.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#272
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Joe DeCaro wrote:
That's comes as no surprise: "... if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness" (Matt. 6:23).
Your light's out, Rick.
My light is working just fine sweetie, it's the one you keep proclaiming to be showing me which seems to have burned its bulb.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#273
Nov 19, 2012
 
WotMeWorry wrote:
Your answer to the question will expose the fallacious nature of your argument and hence your avoidance.
If that is the silliness you want to believe, rock your socks off. It's not my fault that not even your own God agrees with you. It's not my fault that your Bible was written to support what I have written. You want a mulligan and want me to provide it for you. It's like I told the other idiot. I'll leave the pretending to be God to the allegedly Godly, you do it so well.
WotMeWorry wrote:
You don't want to answer the question because it will make you look stupid. Well, stupider even.
I didn't give you the answer to the question you wanted because it was a pointless question, I'm not answering it now because it is annoying the heck out of you.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274
Nov 19, 2012
 
This has been a great year for LBGT folks!!!

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#275
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Rick in Kansas wrote:
My light is working just fine ...
... so fine that you can't even see the scripture posted in front of your face?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 241 - 260 of1,813
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 3 min Absolutely 303
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min Terra Firma 39,948
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 14 min Roger 66,973
B: The Forgotten Letter in LGBT 19 min Roger 32
Lesbian police chief with 20 years service is s... 41 min Sir Andrew 31
Proudly Representing the 'B' in LGBT: Let's Hea... 1 hr Absolutely 12
Justices may decide if vendors can snub gay wed... 1 hr DNF 2,261
•••
•••
•••
•••