Gay-Straight Alliance working for equ...

Gay-Straight Alliance working for equality at Southeast Missouri State University

There are 86 comments on the Missourian story from Apr 12, 2013, titled Gay-Straight Alliance working for equality at Southeast Missouri State University. In it, Missourian reports that:

Gay-rights organizations fighting for equality are not in abundance. But there is a group at Southeast Missouri State University that is trying to make the lives of gay and lesbian students no different from those of their heterosexual counterparts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Missourian.

Guest

Saint Louis, MO

#66 Apr 18, 2013
Man, judging by some of the posts here, these homophobes spend more time thinking about gay sex than gay people do. Sounds like these homophobes are in denial and in the closet.
Part Timer

Fenton, MO

#68 Apr 21, 2013
Guest wrote:
Man, judging by some of the posts here, these homophobes spend more time thinking about gay sex than gay people do. Sounds like these homophobes are in denial and in the closet.
Ahh, back with that insult them by calling them gay huh? is that all you got?
Quotes

United States

#69 Apr 21, 2013
Part Timer wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh, back with that insult them by calling them gay huh? is that all you got?
Why are you so obsessed with homosexuals? You've commented a dozen times...everyone gets it, you are disgusted by homosexuals ...understandable. you don't want to see it in public ...understandable, but why the obsession?
I'll give you an example. I'm disgusted by obese people. I mean seriously. The way they look, walk and smell...pretty much everything about them. I don't want to see them. Factor in sex...omg I'm about to blow chunks. But do you know what I do? I look away. I don't have to stare in disgust, I am free to simply turn my head a few degrees in either direction and not see what I find disgusting. And guess what, so are you.
Its people like you...your mentality ...that kept the black folks out of white schools for so many years..those people "didn't want to see it "either.
Please don't try to argue that its not different because it is the same. Those racists were disgusted by blacks same as you are disgusted by gays. But in the end they will prevail, same as blacks did. Its fundamental to their freedom to actually be free. Any logically thinking person can see this. You don't have to support it or agree with it but you are beating a dead horse now and looking extremely foolish in the process. You might as well be standing on the courthouse lawn in a white sheet screaming "Those damned #iggers ain't going to school with my kids!!! "

For all its worth, I am disgusted by seeing two men kissing each other on the mouth. I mean ewww. But its also because I don't understand it. Neither do you. If we understood how they felt then we wouldn't be disgusted by it. Still, we have the ability to turn our heads, that's our freedom. Do you every wonder if a gay man finds it just as disgusting to see a man kiss a woman? You probably never even considered that.
Guest

Saint Louis, MO

#70 Apr 21, 2013
Part Timer wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh, back with that insult them by calling them gay huh? is that all you got?
You sure do love this topic. You really like talking about gay people, don't you? Why don't you just admit it to yourself and come on out of that closet. We aren't going to judge you, and besides, we already know from the way you act.
Part Timer

Hazelwood, MO

#71 Apr 22, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure do love this topic. You really like talking about gay people, don't you? Why don't you just admit it to yourself and come on out of that closet. We aren't going to judge you, and besides, we already know from the way you act.
Is that still all you have? Come on, you must have something else to say. I get it, I am supposed to be insulted because you call me gay, but it doesn't work, I am not gay I know I'm not gay and I'm sick of hearing about gay people and their poor plight to be accepted as normal. For crying out loud, every TV show on the air now has at least one gay twist to the plot. If you look at the percentages and assume the same for real life that would mean there were like 30% Gay people, and there isn't.
Anyway go ahead, say I'm gay it's worked so well up to now, you should probably try it again.
Quotes

Dexter, MO

#72 Apr 22, 2013
Part Timer wrote:
<quoted text>Is that still all you have? Come on, you must have something else to say. I get it, I am supposed to be insulted because you call me gay, but it doesn't work, I am not gay I know I'm not gay and I'm sick of hearing about gay people and their poor plight to be accepted as normal. For crying out loud, every TV show on the air now has at least one gay twist to the plot. If you look at the percentages and assume the same for real life that would mean there were like 30% Gay people, and there isn't.
Anyway go ahead, say I'm gay it's worked so well up to now, you should probably try it again.
Fool
Guest

Saint Louis, MO

#73 Apr 23, 2013
Part Timer wrote:
<quoted text>Is that still all you have? Come on, you must have something else to say. I get it, I am supposed to be insulted because you call me gay, but it doesn't work, I am not gay I know I'm not gay and I'm sick of hearing about gay people and their poor plight to be accepted as normal. For crying out loud, every TV show on the air now has at least one gay twist to the plot. If you look at the percentages and assume the same for real life that would mean there were like 30% Gay people, and there isn't.
Anyway go ahead, say I'm gay it's worked so well up to now, you should probably try it again.
You're gay, bro.
Quotes

United States

#74 Apr 23, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gay, bro.
Maybe he's just Bi....or when his girlfriend puts the butt plug up his butt and he has that massive orgasam....it makes him confused?
The Maker

Greenville, MO

#76 Jul 11, 2013
Why do you think I destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah in the first place?
jesusredneckseve rywhere

Jackson, MO

#77 Jul 12, 2013
The Maker wrote:
Why do you think I destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah in the first place?
Because Lot gave his daughters to the crowd to be RAPED. Please continue your delusions and twisting of that STORY to justify your hate for homosexuals so more people will wake up to your biblical bullshit! So sad how easily people lose their minds!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#78 Jul 12, 2013
The Maker wrote:
Why do you think I destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah in the first place?
God lives in Missouri now? So much for omniscient and omnipotent.
SickAssGayPeople

Ellington, MO

#79 Jul 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>God lives in Missouri now? So much for omniscient and omnipotent.
All gay people should be shipped to an island where they can all play with one another. Gay people or QUEERS have mental issues. Either they are ugly and couldn't attract the opposite sex or they strive for attention from anyone that will give them the time of day...Please...for the love of GOD---Go back into the closet where all you queers belong...nobody wants to see that..Oh yes, what we really need in missouri is more KKK, not for the black folk, but to get rid of all these queers! Like I said, find a closet!!!!!

“I share my opinion on things.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#80 Jul 13, 2013
SickAssGayPeople wrote:
<quoted text>All gay people should be shipped to an island where they can all play with one another. Gay people or QUEERS have mental issues. Either they are ugly and couldn't attract the opposite sex or they strive for attention from anyone that will give them the time of day...Please...for the love of GOD---Go back into the closet where all you queers belong...nobody wants to see that..Oh yes, what we really need in missouri is more KKK, not for the black folk, but to get rid of all these queers! Like I said, find a closet!!!!!
Some KKK members are in fact homosexuals. I think you should throw a gay orgy party. That will be hawt.
heterophobe

Saint Louis, MO

#81 Jul 13, 2013
SickAssGayPeople wrote:
<quoted text>
All gay people should be shipped to an island where they can all play with one another. Gay people or QUEERS have mental issues. Either they are ugly and couldn't attract the opposite sex or they strive for attention from anyone that will give them the time of day...Please...for the love of GOD---Go back into the closet where all you queers belong...nobody wants to see that..Oh yes, what we really need in missouri is more KKK, not for the black folk, but to get rid of all these queers! Like I said, find a closet!!!!!
Why don't you nasty straights try the closet for once? I'm sick of having to see your repulsive displays of your sexuality being paraded around all the time.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#82 Jul 13, 2013
SickAssGayPeople wrote:
All gay people should be shipped to an island where they can all play with one another.
That's sweet of you dear. But no, we're not about to be shipped off anywhere for no better reason than folk like you lack the maturity and adult coping skills to co-exist in a civil manner. If you wanna be away from us, leave. We aren't going anywhere, so suck it up and take it like a man.
SickAssGayPeople wrote:
Gay people or QUEERS have mental issues.
If you say so dumpling, but for some odd reason, I seriously doubt your competence, let alone expertise in this area. So I'll take your little pronouncement for what it's worth. Cue braying jackass.
SickAssGayPeople wrote:
Either they are ugly and couldn't attract the opposite sex or they strive for attention from anyone that will give them the time of day...
If that were true hon, you'd be the brightest flame in the room. I don't even have to see what you look like to know that if sanity prevails, your heterosexuality will remain strictly theoretical. No woman in her right mind wants you.
SickAssGayPeople wrote:
Please...for the love of GOD---Go back into the closet where all you queers belong...nobody wants to see that..Oh yes, what we really need in missouri is more KKK, not for the black folk, but to get rid of all these queers! Like I said, find a closet!!!!!
No dear, your psychological disturbances with whatever in the hell you are fantasizing about, no longer our problem. You get help, we are going to live as happily as we can as equal citizens in our own country, whether whack-offs like you like it or not. In fact it makes it sweeter that folk like you are just miffed out of your gourds by it.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#83 Jul 13, 2013
heterophobe wrote:
Why don't you nasty straights try the closet for once? I'm sick of having to see your repulsive displays of your sexuality being paraded around all the time.
There's just no room for it, what with all that interracial "bi" porn and the most fabulous collection of vintage Klan Robes, it's way too crowded as it is. I used to agree that "thinking" like our little friend was engaging in should be banished so far into the closet you'd have to take out the Christmas decorations to ever find it, but now I think they should put minds theirs on regular display until the reality that their only problem with any of this is themselves sinks in.
The truth

Columbia, SC

#84 Feb 1, 2015
Please stop comparing gay's to blacks.....does this statement sound right? "I'm gay, just like your black?" No! You CHOOSE to be gay! Just like you can CHOOSE to stop being gay. If you couldn't ever stop being gay or couldn't become gay, then it's not a choice......im black, i can't help it, that im black, it's physical and all overmy skin :) but a gay person can choose if they want to be gay, or not.
The truth

Columbia, SC

#85 Feb 1, 2015
Really? Really? Gay's persecute Christians more!! They are smashed on TV!!! If i was a CHRISTIAN teacher, i couldn't goto public school and preach the gospel, but if im gay, i can let out all of my beliefs to the students? Oh yea....gays are so oppressed..... Yea ok.....no, you guys now have MORE rights than an average hetero male. Because the lbgt community has won.....think about this....is it naturally right to be gay? I believe not....because what if everyone in the world was gay? There would be no more generations....unless you cheated on your gay partner? Thats seems wrong..
The truth

Columbia, SC

#86 Feb 1, 2015
Ok ok, so if it is natural, shouldnt there be gay babies? A baby shouldnt have to be told what gay is... Because he would already be gay. But if you look at any gay person...they had a sexual thought or expierience that pleased them. So they then adopted the idea that they are gay......or! They grew up thinking girls were ichy/ guys were gross....and society said....OH! You must be gay then.......a child is moldable mind, that can be manipulated....if i had a kid.... I could make her/him believe that thier soulmate....was a cactus.....and they would believe it....and i could convince them even until they were a teen....if thats how i raised the child.....same with gays. AND NO I DON'T HATE GAYS! I BELIEVE THAT IT IS WRONG! BUT IM NOT GONNA GO OUT AND SCREAM THAT THEY ARE GONNA BURN IN HELL! I would want to be there and lead them to christ. My best childhood friend, turned gay, i grew up with him, since i was 4! And i remember that certain sexual things happened around 8 and i was nieve and didn't know what to do.....so no one here can claim i haven't had the expierience.....i've been there! And i HAD THE CHOICE TO BE GAY WITH MY BEST FRIEND!!!! but i (CHOOSE) not to!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#87 Feb 1, 2015
The truth wrote:
Please stop comparing gay's to blacks.....does this statement sound right?
If bigoted is what you mean by right, then yes, you're right.
The truth wrote:
"I'm gay, just like your black?"
You're, dear.
The truth wrote:
No! You CHOOSE to be gay! Just like you can CHOOSE to stop being gay.
No dear, you've just chosen to be an ignorant fool. Being gay isn't a choice.
The truth wrote:
If you couldn't ever stop being gay or couldn't become gay, then it's not a choice......
That kind of idiocy, you really should keep to yourself.
The truth wrote:
im black, i can't help it, that im black, it's physical and all overmy skin :) but a gay person can choose if they want to be gay, or not.
You're also an idiot, that you have a choice in, thus far you've made the wrong one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 min GAY BS BUSTER 56,200
News Senate candidate Roy Moore says gay sex is "the... 1 min Rose_NoHo 9
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 min Freedomofexpression 10,324
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 53 min EdmondWA 224
News Gay teen against same-sex marriage heckled at u... 1 hr Pence of Tides 66
News Seven arrested in Egypt after raising rainbow f... 1 hr Clint 3
News 'Christian Militant' Hopes More Police Officers... 2 hr Rose_NoHo 9
News Cake fundraiser supports gay marriage as Suprem... 2 hr Wondering 59
More from around the web