Are Gays Really Living in Sin? An Examination of the Bible

Jun 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

The first thing I do when I walk into a hotel room is go straight to the night stand open the drawer remove the Bible and toss it in the trash.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of214
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Pier Angelo is a political imbecile.
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms

Souderton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
There is no content to your post.

He's an imbecile in your opinion because he throws the buybull in the trash, or because he thinks it's important to look at the text of the homosex scare passages, or because you don't agree with his textual analysis, or because he doesn't accept that the buybull is homophobic, or because he has an Italian surname?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no content to your post.
He's an imbecile in your opinion because he throws the buybull in the trash, or because he thinks it's important to look at the text of the homosex scare passages, or because you don't agree with his textual analysis, or because he doesn't accept that the buybull is homophobic, or because he has an Italian surname?
This may be more clear.

Politically, he is an imbecile.
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms

Souderton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
This may be more clear.
Politically, he is an imbecile.
No, as with the majority of your brief drunkalogues that does not add anything.

Even after an explanation you still can't figure out that you haven't stated anything comprehensible in the way of a point of view.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Actually Hell is spending just 5 minutes with a Democrat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Calumny suits both of your characters.
Frank Stanton

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

millions of people in and around the world are NOT christians. they do not care what the fake 2000 yr. old sky critter thinks. wait the sky critter doesn't exist, so those millions of people who are NOT christians don't care what some 2000 yr. old fools think.

pathetic ameriKKKa.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
You didn't read the news story before commenting?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read the news story before commenting?
Certainly.

And the author is a political idiot.
Disgusted American

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

you cant be living in sin when the buyBULL is a MAN-MADE book.....SIN is a personal thing......and ones genitals does not a sin make.....Grow the F up america(ns)

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

I agree he's an idiot, but not for any of his poliical stances. I think he is an indiot for tossing the bible in the trash. Don't get me wrong, as I have no reverence for that book insofar as its' content. I just do not believe in the destruction of any book, no matter the content.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

I simply ignore all Bibles. I figure if the people that read them and preach all about them can't be bothered to read and the preach and live by the ENTIRE thing, what's the point??

If even those that claim to live their life by the Bible have to lie and pretend that certain parts don't exist, why should *I* bother at all?

I do disagree with throwing one in the trash, though. I think that's just obnoxious and disrespectful in a manner that doesn't help anything.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

He was being wasteful and irresponsible. He should have saved it for a fireplace or a recycling bin.
Theo

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

EVERY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, and Judeo-Christian tradition supports the Bible's many explicit commands against all homosexual behavior:

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Ant Hony

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Totally irrelevant to anyone who does not subscribe to this faith or any other. I am free and my government is secular. You lose.
Theo wrote:
EVERY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, and Judeo-Christian tradition supports the Bible's many explicit commands against all homosexual behavior:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Berry

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Ant Hony wrote:
Totally irrelevant to anyone who does not subscribe to this faith or any other. I am free and my government is secular. You lose.
<quoted text>
Then why are you posting on a thread dealing with the Bible??????
david traversa

Federal, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

We are all living in "sin".. Any arguments?

Since: Dec 11

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Theo wrote:
Didn't bother to read the article huh.. Just felt like quoting a book to show us you can read at a 3rd grade level? If your not going to bother to read the article, then why bother to post eh? Perhaps you should leave posting in forums like this to the adults.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Theo wrote:
EVERY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, and Judeo-Christian tradition supports the Bible's many explicit commands against....
When you're willing to allow parents to put their disobedient children to death, let us know. Until then, you're just another cherry-picking hypocrite.
Theo

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
When you're willing to allow parents to put their disobedient children to death, let us know. Until then, you're just another cherry-picking hypocrite.
All you are doing is demonstrating your complete ignorance of the Bible. You obviously have no comprehension of the relationship between the Old and New Testaments, or just what was being discussed.

Better read the Bible at least once, before making such a fool of yourself again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of214
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 5 min Frankie Rizzo 1,840
Biggest Gay Lies 7 min Frankie Rizzo 945
Tony Perkins Warns Support of Gay Rights by 'Li... 8 min Frankie Rizzo 38
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 11 min Frankie Rizzo 50,645
More than 95% Crimeans voted for reunification ... 15 min lgbt is silly 1
Indiana Won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages 20 min TomInElPaso 55
Singapore backs call to destroy gay-themed books 25 min lgbt is silly 15
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 2 hr cpeter1313 1,562
•••