As Job Axe Comes: Tim Tebow Drops Pas...

As Job Axe Comes: Tim Tebow Drops Pastor Jeffress Speaking Engagement

There are 4 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Feb 21, 2013, titled As Job Axe Comes: Tim Tebow Drops Pastor Jeffress Speaking Engagement. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Tim Tebow may be finding out that it is alright to be very Christian, but being a bigot is bad for the career. The football star was set to speak at First Baptist Church of Dallas, but has decided not to speak there because of the homophobia that spews from Pastor Robert Jeffress.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Feb 21, 2013
I'm an NFL fan. I've never understood why teh Jets hired Tebow. And I've never found a person who can explain to me the Jets' reason for hiring Tebow. Nobody seems to know. Not even teh Jets.

And while Tebow had a stellar college football career, he certainly has had a lackluster NFL career. Shades of Brian Bosworth ???

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#2 Feb 21, 2013
It's all about the money.

The fact that he INITIALLY agreed to do this is the deal-breaker. He's a homophobe, but when it effects his income, he is not. Kind of the opposite of 'gay for pay.'

It'll only be a matter of time before ALL anti-gay entities decide that it's too 'unprofitable' to be bigots. For once, people's greed is a good thing ... and who cares as long as the end result is equal rights for all.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Feb 21, 2013
mark in Toronto wrote:
It's all about the money.
The fact that he INITIALLY agreed to do this is the deal-breaker. He's a homophobe, but when it effects his income, he is not. Kind of the opposite of 'gay for pay.'
It'll only be a matter of time before ALL anti-gay entities decide that it's too 'unprofitable' to be bigots. For once, people's greed is a good thing ... and who cares as long as the end result is equal rights for all.
You didn't explain why the Jets signed him.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4 Feb 22, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
You didn't explain why the Jets signed him.
They were the only ones stupid enough to think it was a good idea on some level. What that level was, nobody wants to admit to, but somebody had to have thought it was a good idea at some point, or he wouldn't be there, right? I hope the guy has a fallback career plan, football ain't going to be it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 min Rose_NoHo 6,968
Straight man recalls horrific sexual assault at... 26 min Arnold 4
News Copy-Illinois employees under investigation for... 1 hr Cazzy Calhoun 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Wondering 52,156
News Charlize Theron admits to taking 'a dip in the ... 1 hr Wondering 14
News Dear Abby: Mixed messages from mom have teen lo... 1 hr Dugan 1
News A1's Ben Adams under fire for controversial 'ga... 1 hr Dugan 1
News Blood donation rules relaxed for gay men and se... 4 hr Howser 30
News Gay couple grilled by judge about their sex liv... 12 hr TomInElPaso 108
News Catholic church in Cambuslang praised for issui... 19 hr Palin s Turkey Th... 3
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 19 hr Tre H 502
More from around the web