CNN: Gay parents are the "new normal"

Nov 29, 2011 Full story: www.proudparenting.com 748
"As support for legal gay marriage has grown, along with the body of research that shows same-sex parents to be just as committed, so, too, has the acceptance of gay parenthood," says Adam Pertman, executive director of the Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute, in NYC. There's a growing number of same-sex parents in America today: between 1.5 million and 5 million, according to rough U.S. Census estimates, up from 300,000 to 500,000 in 1976... Full Story
First Prev
of 38
Next Last
Katherine

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Nov 29, 2011
Can't wait for the lawsuits and class-action suits for sexual abuse a few years down the road when these kids and their lawyers figure out how these trusting innocents were thrown to the wolves.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Equal Equals Equal

United States

#2 Nov 29, 2011
duh ...

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#3 Nov 29, 2011
Of course we are normal. We want what all good parents want for our children. Why on earth would it be any different??
Tony Perkins Merkin

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Nov 29, 2011
Katherine wrote:
Can't wait for the lawsuits and class-action suits for sexual abuse a few years down the road when these kids and their lawyers figure out how these trusting innocents were thrown to the wolves.
Is that what happened to you, nutcase?

Or didn't you in fact have two heterosexual parents for your assumed child abuse?

Closet case xstain mullah?

>Repent America (RA) is a Christian organization based in Philadelphia,... RA's founder and director, Michael Marcavage, is a born-again Christian who opposes

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Nov 29, 2011
Gay Mom wrote:
Of course we are normal. We want what all good parents want for our children. Why on earth would it be any different??
Unfortunately it's going to take studies like these to counter the claims from the bigots & anti-gays, just like the 1st post on this topic. The majority of those who vote against marriage equality don't know a gay couple and even if they aren't batshitcrazy they ARE susceptible to the lies told by NOM and others.
Cole Les Tomei

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Nov 29, 2011
If these sick whackos are normal then I'm Napoleon.
xman

Tempe, AZ

#7 Nov 29, 2011
Cole Les Tomei wrote:
well Napoleon I guess the apple doesn't fall from the tree in your case. How typical arrogance
Kelly

United States

#8 Nov 29, 2011
I have 5 kids. They are all well adjusted, awesome kids. And they LOVE their step mom. We live in a very small Midwestern town and are completely accepted as "normal" in our town even though there are 2 moms.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#9 Nov 29, 2011
Katherine wrote:
What terrible people are out there, drooling in anticipation of other people's pain and suffering.

Keep waiting, Katherine. Where are all the lawsuits and class-action suits on behalf of the thousands of children that have been sexually, physically and psychologically abused by heterosexual parents? By their OWN biological parents? Who exactly would you sue, if there WERE a case of abuse? ALL gay people?

While you are busy hoping for your dark prediction to come true, gay people will continue to raise children as we always have, with the same standards of parenting that any good parent can show. Those grown children can supply their own testimony of the high quality of parenthood that they received (google Zach Wahls for a good example).

You toss out insulting names, suggesting that gay people are "wolves", out to victimize children. You use such slurs without any basis in fact, without any evidence for your slanderous claim. If you can provide some factual basis that shows that gay people do not make fit parents, I'd like to see it.

While we wait for that, what I can't wait to see are these children growing up into productive, responsible, kind, happy and intelligent adults who will prove you wrong.
fedupwiththemess

Woodbridge, VA

#11 Nov 29, 2011
There is nothing normal about gay parents.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#13 Nov 29, 2011
fedupwiththemess wrote:
That's a silly statement.

You don't KNOW any gay parents, and you don't know their children, so why say absurd things like this that don't prove out in ANY study conducted?

I suspect you are not a parent yourself, because you don't have any concept of the love, blessings, and hard work involved in raising children.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#14 Nov 29, 2011
Cole Les Tomei wrote:
Since you aren't normal youself, by what standard are you judging others?
Snickers

Grove City, PA

#19 Nov 29, 2011
nor·mal   [nawr-muhl] Show IPA
adjective
1.conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
2.serving to establish a standard

If gay parents are the "new normal," I'll be happy to claim the "abnormal" and be proud of it because there is no way that we can both be "normal." It just isn't possible.
Tony Perkins Merkin

Bethlehem, PA

#20 Nov 29, 2011
fedupwiththemess wrote:
Yeah, the divorce rate is lower.

(But give it time...we're all human.)

“You'll love me!”

Since: Sep 10

I promise.

#21 Nov 29, 2011
Snickers wrote:
nor·mal   [nawr-muhl] Show IPA
adjective
1.conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
2.serving to establish a standard
If gay parents are the "new normal," I'll be happy to claim the "abnormal" and be proud of it because there is no way that we can both be "normal." It just isn't possible.
Right, gay AND straight people can't be normal at the same time. I mean, it isn't like blue or brown eyes can be normal at the time, can they? Brown hair and blonde hair can't be normal at the same time either. Gawd, you're so adorably dazed and confused Snickers. I just want to carry you around in my pocket.

Of course, you were never anything BUT abnormal. Only a total creep would spend the inordinate amount of time that you have obsessing over other people's personal lives.
bigwheel

Duncanville, TX

#23 Nov 29, 2011
fedupwiththemess wrote:
what is "normal"? Loving and supporting your kids? Why would anyone give anything less?
tadpole

Fort Worth, TX

#26 Nov 30, 2011
The new norm. uh sorry I don't think so.
Whatever

Aldrich, MO

#27 Nov 30, 2011
CNN: Gay parents are the "new normal"

The Lord says:

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#28 Nov 30, 2011
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a silly statement.
You don't KNOW any gay parents, and you don't know their children, so why say absurd things like this that don't prove out in ANY study conducted?
I suspect you are not a parent yourself, because you don't have any concept of the love, blessings, and hard work involved in raising children.
Yeah I do, but there is still nothing normal about the relationship. The kids are normal, but everyone knows its not normal to have two moms or two dads, living together as husband and wife. That is nOT normal.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#29 Nov 30, 2011
bigwheel wrote:
<quoted text>what is "normal"? Loving and supporting your kids? Why would anyone give anything less?
Now what is normal is a loving father and a loving mother married together raising a family. That is the old normal , the new normal and the future normal. Everything else is not normal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 38
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 min hal 27,071
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 3 min HOLME 68,620
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 5 min Wondering 5,332
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Reverend Alan 6,155
Supreme Court Has 'Tipped Its Hand' In Favor Of... 18 min Reverend Alan 52
The Sunday NE Jade Thread 19 min Devin 6
Watch a Sneak Peek of TLC's New Special My Husb... 33 min Charlie 30
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 39 min KiMerde 3,164
More from around the web