Yes

No

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
QuestioningFaith

East Lansing, MI

#1 Jan 22, 2013
I'm on the fence on this one. If God exists then that means homosexuality is a sin and I will have to live a celibate life.
Cherry Red Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Jan 22, 2013
God or no God.
I don't consider homosexuality a sin. I consider it to be wrong however.
Unnatural, degrading, defaming, dangerous, decadent, subversive, disgusting, humiliating, unhealthy, morally corrupt, filthy, vice, excess.
A sin? Na......

God as natural law.

Regressive libtards claim to be ambassadors for the earth. Only then to consider buggery as qualifying as marriage and to entitle the buggerers as parents.
Sick.

Hi Jade

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Jan 22, 2013
QuestioningFaith wrote:
I'm on the fence on this one. If God exists then that means homosexuality is a sin and I will have to live a celibate life.
I don't believe in any gods. But why does a belief in the existence of a god necessarily "mean that homosexuality is a sin"?
rob

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Jan 22, 2013
You all are going to be suprised. He's going to be big, black and real pissed. At what the human race has done to his planet.
QuestioningFaith

East Lansing, MI

#5 Jan 22, 2013
Jerald wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in any gods. But why does a belief in the existence of a god necessarily "mean that homosexuality is a sin"?
Because of what the Bible says.

And what if it's true?

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Jan 22, 2013
God DOES exist and He LOVES his LGBT children.

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Jan 22, 2013
QuestioningFaith wrote:
<quoted text>
And what if it's true?
Out of all the thousands of claims of the existence of a god, what makes the biblical claim more likely than any other?

If a god can exist, why couldn't that god have created gay people without that being a sin, or homosexuality being a sin?

"What if it's true"? What if allah is true? Or vishnu? Or aeon? Or zarathustra? Or any of the countless others?

Will you act as if you have faith in them, too, simply because their adherents claim their existence to be true?

Why can't christian adherents see the irrationality of their own claims, like they can see the irrationality of the claims of other adherents?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 23, 2013
QuestioningFaith wrote:
No, Sweetie, the existence of God does not automatically validate any given person or peoples' perception of who or what god is or values they may claim derive from god. I'm a lesbian and as such consider myself the particular way divinity expresses itself in the physical world, expressed as the person I am-no one can prove or disprove my claim in any valid, objective sense, so no one can conclude any moral judgement on me outside of of their own sel-interests in doing so. They certainly can't prove otherwise.

“Adam and Steve”

Since: Aug 08

Earth

#9 Jan 23, 2013
QuestioningFaith wrote:
I would suggest you start your investigation of Yahweh with a question asked by the Greek philospher, Epicurus, about 2300 years ago, that addresses the questions of suffering and evil.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#10 Jan 23, 2013
Edio wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest you start your investigation of Yahweh with a question asked by the Greek philospher, Epicurus, about 2300 years ago, that addresses the questions of suffering and evil.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Except that you are putting man's definition on God.

As a Christian, I have no doubt that Yahweh, The Creator Of All Things, exists. why ? It's called "Faith".

“Adam and Steve”

Since: Aug 08

Earth

#11 Jan 23, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that you are putting man's definition on God.
As a Christian, I have no doubt that Yahweh, The Creator Of All Things, exists. why ? It's called "Faith".
Faith is not evidence of anything. It is, in fact, acceptance of something for which there is no evidence. I know a lot about you: born in Brooklyn, favorite movie Aliens II "goin' down...we're on an express elevator....", you're a libertarian, a protestant, a vegetarian (vegan, maybe?), you've moved from place to place, you have cats, and have never been to a Chick-fil-a. I know these things because you've posted them here on Topix (under various names). Can you point me to the the place where Yahweh, in all his magnificence, has actually posted anything that has not mediated by a human being?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#12 Jan 23, 2013
If god exists then so does Batman
Special Rights

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Jan 24, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
If god exists then so does Batman
You are a witness to some of God's true imperfections. To his credit and defense free will has been chosen here with a label and 'profession' added. They could have used a better term for you like paid mistress or loin lover for better appeal but morally bankrupt, or socially corrupt whore suits you just fine.
The democrats love you lilly.
Say cheese.......

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#14 Jan 26, 2013
Special Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a witness to some of God's true imperfections. To his credit and defense free will has been chosen here with a label and 'profession' added. They could have used a better term for you like paid mistress or loin lover for better appeal but morally bankrupt, or socially corrupt whore suits you just fine.
The democrats love you lilly.
Say cheese.......
Preaching again R1? That's funny coming from a bigot like you..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Jan 26, 2013
Mine does.

Yours doesn't, of course.

Location hidden

#16 Jan 26, 2013
There should be a third voting option: "Don't care"

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#17 Jan 26, 2013
rob wrote:
You all are going to be suprised. He's going to be big, black and real pissed. At what the human race has done to his planet.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 26, 2013
QuestioningFaith wrote:
<quoted text>
And what if it's true?
What if Odin, Thor and Frey are true ... because of what the Eddas say?
Jeffery

Somerset, KY

#19 Oct 23, 2014
Yes God does exist and I for one is going to prove it to you today!!!. But first off, How many of you know the Third Commandment?, about where it says that God will not hold you guiltless for taking His name in vain. Boy I learnt my lesson on this!!!. See, When I was a Teenager, when something didn't go my way, I would shout out to God to perform oral sex on me, so to speak. When I turned 20, I gradually came out of this habit, then stopped, feeling kind of sorry for what I did at times. Then 2 years later, on a rainy Spring day, I asked God for a wife, just a simple one mind you, I was not greedy, I did not ask God for riches or fame, just a simple wife in whom I would have been ever so greatful to God for!!!...!!!. About 5 months after this, God gave me a Rotten Wh**e, He gave me a real bad woman!!!. So let this be a lesson to all you folks out there, GOD WILL LITERALLY RAPE YOU IF YOU TAKE HIS STUPID, ROTTEN, STINKING, VILE AND FOOLISH NAME IN VAIN!. He will F**k you!!!. Like He did me. Now I can forgive someone that tells me to perform oral sex on them, like this one boy from High-School, Jesse was His name. Now I forgave Him fine and dandy and He didn't even have to ask for my forgiveness and that Rotten Scumbag in a Heaven knows this!. The point is, I can forgive but God can't, so that makes me better and stronger then God!!!...!!!. Besides, God gives wives to men that abuses, cons, kills and men that makes their wives do deviant sexual acts for them. God will give a wife to men like that. He won't give a wife to someone that will take care of Her!!!. I bet God laughed at me when I asked Him for a wife. I bet He laughed!!!. Of course, I didn't let that Rotten A** Scumbag get away with it, it and the fact that He gave me that Rotten B**ch!. NO SIR RE, RE!!!...!!!. I PUT IT TO HIM NOW!!!...!!!. How do you like them Apples God?, taste prettry good!.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#20 Oct 23, 2014
QuestioningFaith wrote:
Here is GOD's sin list. HE carved it onto a rock all by himself without help from evangelical fundamentalist sociopaths or republican scripture twisters:
1. I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
3. Thou shalt keep holy the sabbath day
4. Honor thy father and thy mother
5. Thou shalt not kill
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery
7. Thou shalt not steal
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 18 min hetro 3,163
Adebisi Alimi: Gay Nigerian Actor Puts His Sexu... 21 min Christsharian Law 2
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 23 min cancer suxs 5,325
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 37 min chris toal 27,063
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 41 min KiMare 77
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 45 min Handsome Homie 68,619
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 54 min Poof1 6,153
Supreme Court Has 'Tipped Its Hand' In Favor Of... 57 min Poof1 51
Prison Sex, Nude Selfies, Science, and Scandals... 17 hr Belle Sexton 2
More from around the web