created by: QuestioningFaith | Jan 22, 2013

Gay/Lesbian

12 votes

Does God Exist

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jan 26, 2013
QuestioningFaith

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 22, 2013
 
I'm on the fence on this one. If God exists then that means homosexuality is a sin and I will have to live a celibate life.
Cherry Red Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 22, 2013
 
God or no God.
I don't consider homosexuality a sin. I consider it to be wrong however.
Unnatural, degrading, defaming, dangerous, decadent, subversive, disgusting, humiliating, unhealthy, morally corrupt, filthy, vice, excess.
A sin? Na......

God as natural law.

Regressive libtards claim to be ambassadors for the earth. Only then to consider buggery as qualifying as marriage and to entitle the buggerers as parents.
Sick.

Hi Jade

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 22, 2013
 
QuestioningFaith wrote:
I'm on the fence on this one. If God exists then that means homosexuality is a sin and I will have to live a celibate life.
I don't believe in any gods. But why does a belief in the existence of a god necessarily "mean that homosexuality is a sin"?
rob

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 22, 2013
 
You all are going to be suprised. He's going to be big, black and real pissed. At what the human race has done to his planet.
QuestioningFaith

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 22, 2013
 
Jerald wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in any gods. But why does a belief in the existence of a god necessarily "mean that homosexuality is a sin"?
Because of what the Bible says.

And what if it's true?

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 22, 2013
 
God DOES exist and He LOVES his LGBT children.

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 22, 2013
 
QuestioningFaith wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of what the Bible says.
And what if it's true?
Out of all the thousands of claims of the existence of a god, what makes the biblical claim more likely than any other?

If a god can exist, why couldn't that god have created gay people without that being a sin, or homosexuality being a sin?

"What if it's true"? What if allah is true? Or vishnu? Or aeon? Or zarathustra? Or any of the countless others?

Will you act as if you have faith in them, too, simply because their adherents claim their existence to be true?

Why can't christian adherents see the irrationality of their own claims, like they can see the irrationality of the claims of other adherents?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 23, 2013
 
QuestioningFaith wrote:
I'm on the fence on this one. If God exists then that means homosexuality is a sin and I will have to live a celibate life.
No, Sweetie, the existence of God does not automatically validate any given person or peoples' perception of who or what god is or values they may claim derive from god. I'm a lesbian and as such consider myself the particular way divinity expresses itself in the physical world, expressed as the person I am-no one can prove or disprove my claim in any valid, objective sense, so no one can conclude any moral judgement on me outside of of their own sel-interests in doing so. They certainly can't prove otherwise.

“Adam and Steve”

Since: Aug 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 23, 2013
 
QuestioningFaith wrote:
I'm on the fence on this one. If God exists then that means homosexuality is a sin and I will have to live a celibate life.
I would suggest you start your investigation of Yahweh with a question asked by the Greek philospher, Epicurus, about 2300 years ago, that addresses the questions of suffering and evil.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 23, 2013
 
Edio wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest you start your investigation of Yahweh with a question asked by the Greek philospher, Epicurus, about 2300 years ago, that addresses the questions of suffering and evil.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Except that you are putting man's definition on God.

As a Christian, I have no doubt that Yahweh, The Creator Of All Things, exists. why ? It's called "Faith".

“Adam and Steve”

Since: Aug 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 23, 2013
 
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that you are putting man's definition on God.
As a Christian, I have no doubt that Yahweh, The Creator Of All Things, exists. why ? It's called "Faith".
Faith is not evidence of anything. It is, in fact, acceptance of something for which there is no evidence. I know a lot about you: born in Brooklyn, favorite movie Aliens II "goin' down...we're on an express elevator....", you're a libertarian, a protestant, a vegetarian (vegan, maybe?), you've moved from place to place, you have cats, and have never been to a Chick-fil-a. I know these things because you've posted them here on Topix (under various names). Can you point me to the the place where Yahweh, in all his magnificence, has actually posted anything that has not mediated by a human being?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 23, 2013
 
If god exists then so does Batman
Special Rights

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 24, 2013
 
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
If god exists then so does Batman
You are a witness to some of God's true imperfections. To his credit and defense free will has been chosen here with a label and 'profession' added. They could have used a better term for you like paid mistress or loin lover for better appeal but morally bankrupt, or socially corrupt whore suits you just fine.
The democrats love you lilly.
Say cheese.......

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 26, 2013
 
Special Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a witness to some of God's true imperfections. To his credit and defense free will has been chosen here with a label and 'profession' added. They could have used a better term for you like paid mistress or loin lover for better appeal but morally bankrupt, or socially corrupt whore suits you just fine.
The democrats love you lilly.
Say cheese.......
Preaching again R1? That's funny coming from a bigot like you..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 26, 2013
 
Mine does.

Yours doesn't, of course.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 26, 2013
 
There should be a third voting option: "Don't care"

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 26, 2013
 
rob wrote:
You all are going to be suprised. He's going to be big, black and real pissed. At what the human race has done to his planet.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 26, 2013
 
QuestioningFaith wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of what the Bible says.
And what if it's true?
What if Odin, Thor and Frey are true ... because of what the Eddas say?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••