No One Has Violated Ben Carson's Freedom of Speech

Apr 15, 2013 Full story: lezgetreal.com 10
(Ed.) The US Constitution only bars the government from limiting a person's freedom of speech; however, this leaves someone free to take the consequences. Full Story

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 15, 2013
What is it with people that they think freedom of speech may not have repercussions to ones job or how they are perceived? You can say anything you want, but live with the consequences.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#2 Apr 15, 2013
Government doesn't have to do anything. The media, kissing progressive butts right and left, have been working over time indoctrinating people so that the country is now full of bullies who are all too willing to trounce on someone and tear apart their character to enforce political correctness. Bullying, so denounced by the left if it is done to them, is freely carried out against anyone on the right who dares to express an opinion about leftists darlings. And, of course, the darlings of the hour are homosexuals.

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#3 Apr 15, 2013
Chance wrote:
Government doesn't have to do anything. The media, kissing progressive butts right and left, have been working over time indoctrinating people so that the country is now full of bullies who are all too willing to trounce on someone and tear apart their character to enforce political correctness. Bullying, so denounced by the left if it is done to them, is freely carried out against anyone on the right who dares to express an opinion about leftists darlings. And, of course, the darlings of the hour are homosexuals.
Telling someone they're wrong is not bullying.

Engaging a civil discourse on a subject that had differing viewpoints is not bullying.

FORCING a group of people to be less than full members of society by voting on their rights IS bullying.

Knowingly lying about a group of people with whom you disagree IS bullying.

You don't like the idea of gay marriage? Great! Don't marry a gay person.
You don't like abortion? Great! Don't have one.
You don't like somebody else's opinion on a subject? Great! Don't listen.
You don't like a religion? Great! Don't subscribe to that religion.

You can disagree all you want - but live with the consequences and don't take away other people's rights just because you disagree or because of some party or religious dogma.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Apr 15, 2013
KirkW wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling someone they're wrong is not bullying.
Engaging a civil discourse on a subject that had differing viewpoints is not bullying.
FORCING a group of people to be less than full members of society by voting on their rights IS bullying.
Knowingly lying about a group of people with whom you disagree IS bullying.
You don't like the idea of gay marriage? Great! Don't marry a gay person.
You don't like abortion? Great! Don't have one.
You don't like somebody else's opinion on a subject? Great! Don't listen.
You don't like a religion? Great! Don't subscribe to that religion.
You can disagree all you want - but live with the consequences and don't take away other people's rights just because you disagree or because of some party or religious dogma.
You big BULLY, you!!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#5 Apr 15, 2013
Chance wrote:
Government doesn't have to do anything. The media, kissing progressive butts right and left, have been working over time indoctrinating people so that the country is now full of bullies who are all too willing to trounce on someone and tear apart their character to enforce political correctness. Bullying, so denounced by the left if it is done to them, is freely carried out against anyone on the right who dares to express an opinion about leftists darlings. And, of course, the darlings of the hour are homosexuals.
Oh, words have impact. People can go to prison for lying under oath. you can be sued for improper words. Yelling fire in the theater can cause dire reactions.

As for your hating political correctness...then I guess I am free to speak my mind..you are an assh*le. Hey, that IS fun! Sarah Palin is a c*nt. Wow, I could get used to this! See how nice it is when I speak like you do?

If a lefty says something offensive about one of your darlings, all hell breaks loose. You know the flap if Obama misspeaks, Fox news has an on air coronary over it. You too.

DNF

““Be guided by principles..."”

Since: Apr 07

Baltimore

#6 Apr 15, 2013
Chance wrote:
Government doesn't have to do anything. The media, kissing progressive butts right and left, have been working over time indoctrinating people so that the country is now full of bullies who are all too willing to trounce on someone and tear apart their character to enforce political correctness. Bullying, so denounced by the left if it is done to them, is freely carried out against anyone on the right who dares to express an opinion about leftists darlings. And, of course, the darlings of the hour are homosexuals.
I always love it when the local bully tries to define what bullying is and blames everyone else for his actions (Liberals the media etc>)

Dang Chance it's never your fault for anything you do is it? Guess your parents never taught you to be personally responsible for what you say and do.

DNF

““Be guided by principles..."”

Since: Apr 07

Baltimore

#7 Apr 15, 2013
Chance wrote:
Government doesn't have to do anything. The media, kissing progressive butts right and left, have been working over time indoctrinating people so that the country is now full of bullies who are all too willing to trounce on someone and tear apart their character to enforce political correctness. Bullying, so denounced by the left if it is done to them, is freely carried out against anyone on the right who dares to express an opinion about leftists darlings. And, of course, the darlings of the hour are homosexuals.
Dr. Carson himself claims that people are mistreating him because he's black, not because of his ant-gay statements. So if the good doctor says it's racism and not political correctness or a liberal media bias, who are you to argue with him?

Try to keep up with the story dear.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Apr 15, 2013
Chance wrote:
Government doesn't have to do anything. The media, kissing progressive butts right and left, have been working over time indoctrinating people so that the country is now full of bullies....
Oh, I don't think you mullah scum know what experiencing bullying is.

Yet.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Apr 15, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. Carson himself claims that people are mistreating him because he's black, not because of his ant-gay statements. So if the good doctor says it's racism and not political correctness or a liberal media bias, who are you to argue with him?
Try to keep up with the story dear.
Clever.

That's ju jitsu. I'd recognize it anywhere...even if can't spell it.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#10 Apr 15, 2013
Chance wrote:
Government doesn't have to do anything. The media, kissing progressive butts right and left, have been working over time indoctrinating people so that the country is now full of bullies who are all too willing to trounce on someone and tear apart their character to enforce political correctness. Bullying, so denounced by the left if it is done to them, is freely carried out against anyone on the right who dares to express an opinion about leftists darlings. And, of course, the darlings of the hour are homosexuals.
It's not "bullying" to tell someone that it's unacceptable for them to walk around calling law-abiding citizens "immoral". It's not "enforcing political correctness" to expect people to refrain from baseless slander.

If "The Right" would stop using slander and disparagement as their tactics of public discourse, maybe we could all get along better. But that's not going to happen while there are people who feel it is their duty to trash and demean anyone who is different from them, under the auspices of "expressing an opinion".

Sorry, but "you don't deserve the same rights that I do, and society should look upon you with scorn and disapproval" is NOT just "expressing an opinion". It's a declaration of war against someone else's personal sovereignty and dignity.

Don't think being gay is for you? Great, don't be gay. But the minute you start telling OTHER people that THEY can't be gay simply because it doesn't suit YOU, is the minute you move past "opinion". If your "character" involves expecting other people to aspire to be just like you, and punishing them when they're not, then your character DESERVES to be publicly torn apart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 4 min Eli 3,033
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 6 min Poof1 4,875
Victim testifies at Boy Scout sex trial about m... 7 min Wondering 33
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 7 min The_Box 219,480
Same-Sex Marriage Trumps Religious Liberty in N... (Aug '13) 10 min Wondering 998
where is frankie 11 min Huge Fake Boobs 7
Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... 13 min Far Away 50
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 14 min Wondering 8,291
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 16 min Wondering 387
Evangelicals to Gays: We Have Nothing For You |... (Mar '10) 8 hr Homey 18,833
More from around the web