I was raised by a same-sex couple

Oct 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star Tribune

28), I want to add my own small bit of wisdom. As a child raised in one of these "nontraditional," "gay" marriages, I feel like I am in an excellent position to clarify exactly what type of person such an unsafe environment can produce.

Comments
21 - 40 of 113 Comments Last updated Oct 12, 2012

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, just plain wrong....
Jerry Sandusky didn't EVER abuse young girls, he only went after BOYS. That's, like, GAY. It's no different than the priests who did the same thing, or the teachers who did the same thing, it's all part of the NAMBLA "thing".
NO, that's just what is called Male on Male sexual abuse.......Jerry Sandusky identifies as heterosexual!!!

Amazing that so many supposed straight folks mention NAMBLA.......it's mostly a non-functional organization.....but you folks keep it alive and mention it regularly!!!
cheap gas

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

When I spank the monkey am I a same sex couple?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Mind_Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>So, should we take the one example and apply it to all children of gay parenting?.
Stats and studies prove that the vast majority of kids raised by gay couples do great, as do the vast majority of kids raised by straight couples.

Do you really want to start a meaningless "war" over who can find the most egregious exception the the rule?

Geesh.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody who is against gay marriage is using the term, "lesser", so stop shoving words into the mouths of those who you disagree with.
WE have our REASONS for pushing this amendment, and we have the RIGHT to do so.
But you don't have any logical or rational reasons for such an amendment - only bias and animus.

And this isn't because you feel that gay couples and their kids are "lesser"?

Really?

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, just plain wrong....
Jerry Sandusky didn't EVER abuse young girls, he only went after BOYS. That's, like, GAY. It's no different than the priests who did the same thing, or the teachers who did the same thing, it's all part of the NAMBLA "thing".
The ONLY people who promote nambla as a viable organization are people like you. I've never met a single gay person who supports anything about it.

The vast majority of child molesters are straight males, and, yet, we don't here you talking about "straight molesters", now do we?

Perhaps that's because you yourself don't want to be lumped in with all of the straight pedophiles, and that's logical, if you are not one of their ranks.

But you apply a different standard to pedophiles who attack kids of the same gender.

Why?

Aren't the ALL criminals and abusers, regardless of the genders of their victims?
digger

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY people who promote nambla as a viable organization are people like you. I've never met a single gay person who supports anything about it.
The vast majority of child molesters are straight males, and, yet, we don't here you talking about "straight molesters", now do we?
Perhaps that's because you yourself don't want to be lumped in with all of the straight pedophiles, and that's logical, if you are not one of their ranks.
But you apply a different standard to pedophiles who attack kids of the same gender.
Why?
Aren't the ALL criminals and abusers, regardless of the genders of their victims?
So now, you are calling me a pedophile??
Yes, ANYBODY who sexually abuses a child is a criminal, but I don't hear or see as many cases of "straight" sexual abuse as I do of GAY sexual abuse (even if the PERP says that they are hetero), unless it is something like a teacher or coach having consentual sex with a teenager. While it is indeed a crime, I don't see it as demeaning as someone who RAPES a very young teen, and most of THAT is reported as male on male sex.
CRASSUS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

digger wrote:
<quoted text>
So now, you are calling me a pedophile??
Yes, ANYBODY who sexually abuses a child is a criminal, but I don't hear or see as many cases of "straight" sexual abuse as I do of GAY sexual abuse (even if the PERP says that they are hetero), unless it is something like a teacher or coach having consentual sex with a teenager. While it is indeed a crime, I don't see it as demeaning as someone who RAPES a very young teen, and most of THAT is reported as male on male sex.
You're right about that. It's usually some sick perverted fudgepacker.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

You people are idiots. Rape and molestation is always about power. It's not about sex or attraction.
CRASSUS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

AscendedFalmer wrote:
You people are idiots. Rape and molestation is always about power. It's not about sex or attraction.
Maybe you should turn yourself in.

Since: Apr 12

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Amused Slew wrote:
We as an institution cannot sit this one out with a clear conscience--and the election is a month away. Let us keep in mind what this amendment actually is. It does not change the illegality of same-sex marriages in Minnesota, or the legal­ity of same-sex couple adoptions, or anything tangible at all. Beyond all the rhetoric, its passage would only do one thing: send a message that LGBT Minnesotans and their couples, their families, are lesser.
Cite your source, douche nugget.
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2012/10/ma...

Since: Apr 12

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

AscendedFalmer wrote:
Which is why anyone convicted of such a crime, should have their arms and genitalia cut off. Problem solved.
perverts

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you do......along with changing your nic and pretending to be a "Dr"........it is folks like you who don't understand the difference between being Gay and being a Pedophile.........they aren't the same thing!!!
Homosexual pedophile = little boys.

Heterosexual pedophile = littl girls.

Bisexual pedopliles = little boys and little girls.

It's really not theat hard to figure out unless you're a pervert.

What is a Homosexual?

1: of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex.

2: of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hom ...

What is a Pervert?

1a: to cause to turn aside or away from what is good or true or morally right : corrupt

b: to cause to turn aside or away from what is generally done or accepted : misdirect

2a: to divert to a wrong end or purpose : misuse

b: to twist the meaning or sense of : misinterpret

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/per ...

What does Moral mean?

1 a: of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ethical.

b: expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior.

c: conforming to a standard of right behavior.

d: sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment.

e: capable of right and wrong action.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mor ...

What is Sexual Perversion?

: activity (as sodomy, fellatio, bestiality) leading to complete sexual gratification that is preferred by an adult to heterosexual coitus.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sex ...

What is Sodomy?

: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also: copulation with an animal.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sod ...

The question is... should society and the government promote the above definitions by legalizing gay marriage? Just because a certain minority of heterosexuals,(also perverts), may fit the above definitions doesn't mean society and/or the government should promote more of it with their blessing through legalizing SSM.
perverts

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you do......along with changing your nic and pretending to be a "Dr"........it is folks like you who don't understand the difference between being Gay and being a Pedophile.........they aren't the same thing!!!

Bisexual pedoplile = little boys and little girls.

It's really not *that* hard to figure out unless you're a pervert.
perverts

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

AscendedFalmer wrote:
Prove that Rape and molestation is not about sexual orientation. Is the story below about "power" or a man getting his rocks off?

Is beastiality a sexual orientation? If not, why not?

Police arrest man caught on camera having sex with dogs

NEWTON COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA)-
When you see Dr. Cathryn Lafayette interacting with her four pit bull dogs, it's clear she loves them and they love her.

Lafayette said she was inside her home taking a nap on Saturday when someone knocked on her door.

When she stepped outside, several Newton County deputies were in her yard.

"I'm thinking,'Oh my God, don't tell me that the dogs got out,'" she said.

She was worried her dogs got out and attacked someone.

"A deputy told me I didn't do anything wrong, I was the victim. I said,'Victim!' I'm thinking,'Wait a minute, did someone kill my dog?' He said,'No the neighbor behind you, they saw the teenager having sex with your female dogs.' I said,'Having sex with my female dogs?' I think they must have got it wrong," said Lafayette.

Lafayette didn't believe them until they showed her the video her neighbors recorded.

"And it showed him on his knees inside the kennel with my dog. He was on his knees like he was a dog," said Lafayette.

Police arrested 19-year old Bernard Archer and charged him with two counts of bestiality.

Lafayette said Archer was supposed to be cleaning out her dog's kennels and doing other work around her home because she paid for him to enter a program to get his GED.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/17096885/poli...

19 Yr Old Caught on Camera, Raping Neighbor's Dogs!(MUST See 2 Believe!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
perverts

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>

Heterosexual pedophile = little girls.

It's really not that hard to figure out unless you're a pervert.

What is a Homosexual?

1: of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex.

2: of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hom ...

What is a Pervert?

1a: to cause to turn aside or away from what is good or true or morally right : corrupt

b: to cause to turn aside or away from what is generally done or accepted : misdirect

2a: to divert to a wrong end or purpose : misuse

b: to twist the meaning or sense of : misinterpret

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/per ...

What does Moral mean?

1 a: of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ethical.

b: expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior.

c: conforming to a standard of right behavior.

d: sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment.

e: capable of right and wrong action.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mor ...

What is Sexual Perversion?

: activity (as sodomy, fellatio, bestiality) leading to complete sexual gratification that is preferred by an adult to heterosexual coitus.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sex ...

What is Sodomy?

: anal or oral copulation with a member of the same or opposite sex; also: copulation with an animal.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sod ...

The question is... should society and the government promote the above definitions by legalizing gay marriage? Just because a certain minority of heterosexuals,(also perverts), may fit the above definitions doesn't mean society and/or the government should promote more of it with their blessing through legalizing SSM.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

perverts wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really not *that* hard to figure out unless you're a pervert.
Wrong again.......the gender of the victim is IRRELEVANT to the sexual orientation of the perpetrator!!!

You are ASSuming that because the child is male, it must be homosexual and if the child is female, it must be heterosexual and that would be you making an azz out of yourself.

The correct terminology would be Male-Male molestation or Male-Female molestation......this is why:
Another problem related to terminology arises because sexual abuse of male children by adult men is often referred to as "homosexual molestation." The adjective "homosexual" (or "heterosexual" when a man abuses a female child) refers to the victim's gender in relation to that of the perpetrator. Unfortunately, people sometimes mistakenly interpret it as referring to the perpetrator's sexual orientation.

To avoid this confusion, it is preferable to refer to men's sexual abuse of boys with the more accurate label of male-male molestation. Similarly, it is preferable to refer to men's abuse of girls as male-female molestation. These labels are more accurate because they describe the sex of the individuals involved but don't implicitly convey unwarranted assumptions about the perpetrator's sexual orientation.
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/HTML/fa...
perverts

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are making false statements......Gays and Lesbians do know wrong from right........Child Molesters RAPE kids when they know they can get away with it......I don't know ANYONE but maybe another Child Molester who cheers on anyone harming a child!!!
Jerry Sandusky has NOTHING to do with Gays......it has to do with a man who is a Child Molester and will face the appropriate punishment for his actions.......as he should!!!
These sick tactics you are trying to use against Gay men......have already been tried and failed!!!
Pederasty

Pederasty or paederasty is a (usually erotic) relationship between a young man and a pubescent boy outside his immediate family. The word pederasty derives from Greek (paiderastia) "love of boys", a compound derived from "child, boy" and "lover".

Historically, pederasty has existed as a variety of customs and practices within different cultures.

The legal status of pederasty in most countries is currently determined by whether or not the boy has reached the local age of consent. Illegal forms of pederasty for the purposes of law enforcement fall under child sexual abuse.

The commonly accepted reference definitions of pederasty refer to a sexual relationship, or to copulation, between older and younger males. The OED offers: "Homosexual relations between a man and a boy; homosexual anal intercourse, usually with a boy or younger man as the passive partner."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty
perverts

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.......the gender of the victim is IRRELEVANT to the sexual orientation of the perpetrator!!!
You are ASSuming that because the child is male, it must be homosexual and if the child is female, it must be heterosexual and that would be you making an azz out of yourself.
The correct terminology would be Male-Male molestation or Male-Female molestation......this is why:
Another problem related to terminology arises because sexual abuse of male children by adult men is often referred to as "homosexual molestation." The adjective "homosexual" (or "heterosexual" when a man abuses a female child) refers to the victim's gender in relation to that of the perpetrator. Unfortunately, people sometimes mistakenly interpret it as referring to the perpetrator's sexual orientation.
To avoid this confusion, it is preferable to refer to men's sexual abuse of boys with the more accurate label of male-male molestation. Similarly, it is preferable to refer to men's abuse of girls as male-female molestation. These labels are more accurate because they describe the sex of the individuals involved but don't implicitly convey unwarranted assumptions about the perpetrator's sexual orientation.
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/HTML/fa...
Pederasty

Pederasty or paederasty is a (usually erotic) relationship between a young man and a pubescent boy outside his immediate family. The word pederasty derives from Greek (paiderastia) "love of boys", a compound derived from "child, boy" and "lover".

Historically, pederasty has existed as a variety of customs and practices within different cultures.

The legal status of pederasty in most countries is currently determined by whether or not the boy has reached the local age of consent. Illegal forms of pederasty for the purposes of law enforcement fall under child sexual abuse.

The commonly accepted reference definitions of pederasty refer to a sexual relationship, or to copulation, between older and younger males. The OED offers: "Homosexual relations between a man and a boy; homosexual anal intercourse, usually with a boy or younger man as the passive partner."

Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

DO you feel stupid citing old articles with wiggle words and generalities ?? You should.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

perverts wrote:
<quoted text>
Pederasty
Wow, did ya discover Wikipedia all by yourself?

Regardless of what the practice was thousands of years ago........the terminology has changed......but nice try!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••