Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
19,261 - 19,280 of 24,719 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would want to go to your church. God isn't there.
Good point. I hope someone burns it to the ground. And the pastors house too!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have a very small religion.
Blah blah blah. You have a very small penis.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Rom. 13:1-2,"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

KiMare will incur judgment because he resists legal gay marriage which has been instituted by God via the governing authorities.

Laughing at you MiMare.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

jimjam23 wrote:
The Bible is just a fictional book u losers
And the stories are just plain silly and stupid. Any 12 year old could write a better collection of fictions.

Good post.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooh Ken, Gregory Kirschmann is "warning" you. He apparently believes he has insight into your eternal fate!!!! You must be shaking in your boots!!!!
Good one! LOL! LieMore has been a Con-artist for 20 years and falls under the law of "often repeated acts".

Jer. 13:23 NIV, "Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots?

Since: Aug 13

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

God is not real u weirdos

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you are confused because your religion isn't Christianity?
You are confused BECAUSE your religion is Christianity. Er, I mean, Christ-insanity.

You do know Jesus had a little gay fling with Lazarus?

“And they come into Bethany. And a certain woman whose brother had died was there. And, coming, she prostrated herself before Jesus and says to him,‘Son of David, have mercy on me.’ But the disciples rebuked her. And Jesus, being angered, went off with her into the garden where the tomb was, and straightway a great cry was heard from the tomb. And going near, Jesus rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb. And straightaway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb, they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do, and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And thence, arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan.”

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

And after six days Jesus told him what to do, and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God.

Remained with him that night? Jesus and Lazarus, the one Jesus loved, spend the night together and Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. Anyone care to deny that anal sex is the mystery?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

The Household of Martha and Mary.

Now a man named Lazarus was sick. He was from Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha.(This Mary, whose brother Lazarus now lay sick, was the same one who poured perfume on the Lord and wiped his feet with her hair).(John 11: 1- 2)

These verses remind us of the nature of the household of Martha, Mary and Lazarus – three unmarried people living together in one house. What we easily overlook in the twenty-first century, is how very odd, even transgressive, this would have been to the Jews of Jesus’ day. ""There was overwhelming pressure on all, women and men alike, to marry and produce children. For women, there was scarcely any choice in the matter: their lives were governed by their menfolk before marriage (either fathers or brothers), and their husbands after. It is true that after a man’s death, his brother was expected to take over the care and control of his widow(s), but this scarcely seems to fit what we know of this household. Lazarus is not married himself, and there is nothing anywhere in the text to suggest that he is in command of the household – quite the reverse. In this household, it is the women who run things.

http://queeringthechurch.com/2011/04/10/lazar...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you are confused
Pot/kettle

Jesus wasn't confused when he spent the night with Lazarus and taught him the mystery of anal sex.

If gay marriage had been around 2,000 years ago Jesus could have married his boy lover Lazarus.

"So the sisters sent word to Jesus,“Lord, the one you love is sick."" (John 11:3).
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would want to go to your church. God isn't there.
Repent sinner there is still time.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised God didn't
SURPRISE! There is no such thing as God, you are deceived LieMore.

"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived...." (Jer. 20:7).
"if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet,...." (Ezek. 14:9).
"Ah, Lord God! Surely thou hast greatly deceived this people ...." (Jer. 4:10).
"...God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false,...." (2 Thess. 2:9-12).

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

"...God sends upon them [homophobic pew warming Christ-insanity-ists] a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false,[that ss marriage isn't real]...." (2 Thess. 2:9-12).

Laughing at LieMore.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Doing God's work.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Please define your image of GOD. Is it all in your mind? Is it an idea, a deity, as in the Roman and Greek cultures? Please let me know how to define the Gods.

Perhaps: Figments of our imaginations; Beings beyond human comprehension; or, maybe an actor or actress that you adore?

Think about it

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Oh, just get over it. Men are equipped to be in the male situation or the female position. There are even some in
history that wanted to abolish all of the 'sinners' that liked
to 'lie with another man'. So outdated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

So what is a sinner? Remember Jesus didn't make judgments - he just taught love. He didn't worry about who slept with whom.
Comments please?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Hey Reverend Alan - I like you man! Jesus was just in human form and the "fringe" Christians try to deny "redemption for sins" to anyone who has not been baptized (which I was when 9 years old), and make them live eternity in HELL!!!!! Now what kind Christianity is that - I ask you????

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

1212fell wrote:
So what is a sinner? Remember Jesus didn't make judgments - he just taught love. He didn't worry about who slept with whom.
Comments please?
JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and kill them in front of me."

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters  yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

1212fell wrote:
Hey Reverend Alan - I like you man! Jesus was just in human form and the "fringe" Christians try to deny "redemption for sins" to anyone who has not been baptized (which I was when 9 years old), and make them live eternity in HELL!!!!! Now what kind Christianity is that - I ask you????
The pew warmers can hardly wait to get to heaven so they can spend eternity looking down into hell at all the suffering, they believe they will never tire of watching those who didn't accept their assertions being punished. I can imagine even our resident simple minded pew warmers will tire of watching the pain and suffering of others after a couple of billion years.

It is the kind of Christ-insanity that is as real as it gets.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••