Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 26,975

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story
well

Round Lake, IL

#20600 Oct 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just threw dad under the bus, huh?
Got some hate issues going there, don't you?
Not dad, he has already passed...Men in general, especially your type are completely unnecessary, don't you think?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#20601 Oct 7, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to make a reasoned statement. That would explain the lack of a reasoned response.
Troll on, Greg.
That was great! You sure nailed KiMerde's hide to the wall!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20602 Oct 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop out.
Same as you did your marriage.
pot/kettle

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20603 Oct 7, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>... you [KiMerde] forgot...
His memory is shorter than his penis.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20604 Oct 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Somebody is wasting a shit load of time playing with the judgement icons. How ridiculously funny is that?
It's Shadow. He/she/it invited her/his/its bible study group here to help harass normal people. But does it really matter which one of the Christ-insanity-ists is doing it? If I said I loved God I would get the same judgemental icons because no one in Shadow's Bible Study group is intelligent enough to read them before judging a post.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged"--Matt. 7:1 and

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn not and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven"--Luke 6:37)

Real Christians do not use the judgement icons, only the Christ-insanity-ists use the judgement icons.

Proof there is no such thing as a real Christian.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20605 Oct 7, 2013

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn not and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven"--Luke 6:37)

Real Christians do not use the judgement icons, only the Christ-insanity-ists use the judgement icons.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20606 Oct 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Quit wasting my time,....
More proof KiMare is NOT a Christian but instead a Christ-insanity-ist.

ROM. 16:17-18 RSV ("I appeal to you, brethren, to take note of those who created dissensions and difficulties, in opposition to the doctrine which you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by fair and flattering words they deceive the hearts of the simple-minded"),

2 TIM. 2:16-17 ("Avoid such godless chatter, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness, and their talk will eat its way like gangrene"),
1 TIM. 6:20 ("O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called...."),
2 TIM. 2:14 RSV ("Remind them of this, and charge them before the Lord to avoid disputing about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers"),
TITUS 3:9-10 ("But avoid stupid controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels over the law, for they are unprofitable and futile. As for a man who is factious, after admonishing him once or twice, have nothing more to do with him...."),
ROM. 14:1 RSV ("As for the man who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not for disputes over opinions"),
1 TIM. 6:3-5 RSV ("If any one teaches otherwise and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching which accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit, he knows nothing; he has a morbid craving for controversy and for disputes about words, which produce envy, dissensions, slander, base suspicions, and wrangling among men...."),
COL. 2:4 ("I say this in order that no one may delude you with beguiling speech"),
2 TIM. 2:23-25 RSV ("Have nothing to do with stupid, senseless controversies, you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to every one, an apt teacher, forbearing, correcting his opponents with gentleness").

How one corrects one's opponents with gentleness after one has been repeatedly told to avoid the opposition entirely is rather hard to fathom.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20607 Oct 7, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>When are you STRAIGHT people going to stop making GAY babies?
You are such a DOLT!
I have more gay and lesbian friends with children that straight ones. Gay people CAN AND DO have children.
Biology 101- SPERM MEET EGG!
Marriage is a CIVIL institution. Religion does not allow ATHIEST to marry? Really!!!?
Sacrament of marriage has been withheld from me but it is not any longer. I will marry next year in a STATE that also allows it.
Spin, Cry, Pout, Crap your pants....IT WILL NOT CHANGE THE FACTS!
PROUD LESBIAN EPISCOPALIAN!!!
Nicely said, your sure nailed KiMerdes hide to the wall!

That is an extremely good point about where gay people come from.

KiMare creates what he has a problem with so he can bitch and complain about it. How many of KiMerde's children are gay? Is the reason he is here violating biblical commands because he can't talk to his children the way he would like to so instead he finds gay discussions to vent the rage he would like to suffer on his own children?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20608 Oct 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus gave all alternatives to marriage in answer to the disciples' comments. Your answer does not fit.
LOL!!!.... No. Sorry.

His (Matthew 19) answer was in response to a question about divorce from Pharisees who intended to make Him answer into a "catch-22."

Their question, which He obviously understood better than they did, was about the supremacy and ultimate Authority of the Law of Moses.

How did He set them straight?

He showed the discrepancy between the Law of Moses and the account of the union of Adam and Eve, which union He explained to be the RESULT of the natural, God-given, heterosexual union.

What YOU are doing is putting words that are NOT written into the reported account in scripture.

YOUR opinion. YOUR interpretation of what you wish He had said.

Furthermore, you are trying to do exactly what those Pharisees were trying to do, which is to establish the ultimate Authority of scripture, citing Mosaic Law in scripture as the source of your grounds, while ignoring the God-given, natural love-based pair-bonding of which the non-heterosexual couple is capable!

But, Jesus showed them that this Mosaic source of Authority was open to compromise and modification to suit necessity - as modified by Moses himself!

So, why does MY answer not fit? It doesn't fit YOUR view of things because YOU don't want it to fit.

But, unfortunately for YOUR view,.....

It does fit.

You are being offered, by the very Holy Spirit of Truth and Life that you have sought to rely on all of your Christian life, the understanding of how to change your institution-tradition-based bigoted and hypocritical views on this subject.

Sit up and take notice.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20609 Oct 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>...heterosexual couples make babies.
Off topic, non-responsive, irrelevant insults snipped]
Heterosexual couples make gay babies.

If anything should be illegal it is for people of the same religion getting married. If you were a Christian KiMerde, which you are not as I have proven countless times in here, you should not be able to marry another Christian as that is abominable. You should only be allowed to marry a Muslim, a Jew or maybe a Buddhist, but never another Christian, my stomach just turns at the very thought.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20610 Oct 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
You okay with that? Really.
How many biblical commands have you broken Kimare in the last hour? I count several dozen in this thread alone.

Santa keeps track of when you are good and bad. No toys for you under the tree this year.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20611 Oct 7, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are wrong. The same science applies to reproductive cells from males.
I have never known KiMare to be right about anything. If he writes something just assume it is wrong if you do not have time to research and prove he is wrong. Although it is nice when research is provided to prove he is wrong, just like I quote the Bible to prove he is wrong and not a real and true Christian.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20612 Oct 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
and would be unethical to do so.
Your opinions are wholly unconvincing. It would be ethical in the extreme to do so. Old fossils like yourself do not replace brain cells fast enough to keep up with us younger guys and gals.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20613 Oct 7, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Not dad, he has already passed...Men in general, especially your type are completely unnecessary, don't you think?
Absolutely KiMare is completely unnecessary. He is part of an abomination and actively participates in a crime against humanity.

All we can do is wait for the old fossil to die.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#20614 Oct 7, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit up and take notice.
KiMerde's mental disabilities do not allow for him sitting up and taking notice of any thing new. He is stuck in a 1950's sit com and there he will remain until he does the world a favor and dies.

Location hidden

#20615 Oct 7, 2013
akopen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very much Rev. Ken. You nailed this whole issue by establishing that of a "gift of companionship"
Dear Akopen,

You are very welcome.

You understand this, Akopen, because you recognize this within yourself.

When a truly Self-aware person finds loving Trust in a complimentary mate, with true commitment, the freedom of self-discovery including intimacy, and the link to God through this gift ... this person, this couple understands the might of their fortune.

One thing is left to do. That is to seek and receive moral and spiritual acceptance of their union by family, friends, their surrounding society both socially and civilly, and, if they are open to it, the Sacrament of Marriage.

Location hidden

#20616 Oct 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus had ever opportunity to specifically address homosexuality. He did. Matthew 19.
You can twist and twirl any way you want, the Bible condemns abusive anal sex, and any sex outside of marriage between a man and woman.
Hey, Kimare!

Does the Bible say Mary had sex with God, outside of Marriage?

Location hidden

#20617 Oct 7, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Shadow. He/she/it invited her/his/its bible study group here to help harass normal people. But does it really matter which one of the Christ-insanity-ists is doing it? If I said I loved God I would get the same judgemental icons because no one in Shadow's Bible Study group is intelligent enough to read them before judging a post.
I just used them on your post #20604, proving that you are occasionally mistaken ... and forgiven.

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#20618 Oct 7, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all men...but that one is so unnecessary we could call him the UC.
well

Round Lake, IL

#20619 Oct 7, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all men...but that one is so unnecessary we could call him the UC.
OK I'll give...not all men, but there are a bunch that are not necessary, the World would be a much better place without them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 4 min Reverend Alan 3,123
Egypt cuts jail terms in gay wedding case 5 min NE Jade 2
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 6 min Reverend Alan 4,282
Supreme Court Has 'Tipped Its Hand' In Favor Of... 8 min Newt G s Next Wife 33
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 10 min Reverend Alan 5,291
What Would You Like Two Do With NE Jade 11 min Joehosafat 5
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 27 min Drake 68,606
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Jonah1 6,131
More from around the web