Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36036 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20407 Oct 2, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
When did human history end? It seems that a great many cultures today have no problem with gay folks legally marrying other gay folks.
Of course it hasn't ended. That's why your arrogance is premature. Moreover, France is evidence that every country STILL has a problem with a fake marriage.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#20408 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly bigoted, ignorant source.
The Bible consistently defines marriage as between a man and woman.
At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
You might want to select something more realistic than cartoons for your information.
Smile.
Except where the Bible does NOT define marriage as between a man and woman, but tells all about polygamy instead. As I just proved a minute ago.

Never mind, other posters on here can read.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#20409 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

The indirect reference to other things is untrue.
Finally, you admit that the Jesus wasn't referring to gay men when he said "homosexuals", but he was referring to asexuals.

Thank you for admitting that indirect references don't hold water.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20410 Oct 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Except where the Bible does NOT define marriage as between a man and woman, but tells all about polygamy instead. As I just proved a minute ago.
Never mind, other posters on here can read.
It records behavior blondie, that does not signify approval. Damn you are stupid.
SHADOW

Canyon Lake, TX

#20411 Oct 2, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very wrong! He stands with his husband, I and my entire family stand with them and others like them in support... Millions of others stand with us, God stands with us because He stands with love.
You and your kind are looking very lonely!
Your numbers are so small if your kind weren't always crying and whining no one would even see you.
Poor, poor perverts.
G-d stands with the up right which you are not.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#20412 Oct 2, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Your numbers are so small if your kind weren't always crying and whining no one would even see you.
Poor, poor perverts.
G-d stands with the up right which you are not.
Jesus tells me otherwise. I'll take his word over yours any day of the week and thrice on Sunday.
SHADOW

Canyon Lake, TX

#20413 Oct 2, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus tells me otherwise. I'll take his word over yours any day of the week and thrice on Sunday.
You are the not so normal one. I am sure Jesus knows that as well.
As for your numbers, well they speak for themselves so what exactly do you think someone is telling you otherwise.
You are just out of step with a civilized society like here in America.
well

Round Lake, IL

#20414 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
The indirect reference to other things is untrue.
You of all people here should be grateful that society in general has become more civilized in its treatment and acceptance of those who are different.

Back a hundred years ago a baby born with your supposed condition was smothered at birth because "it was for the best". The mother was then told she delivered a stillborn...

Should we go back to that way of doing things? Remember the lives of your grandchildren and their children hang in the balance of your answer. You keep calling yourself a barbarian, now prove it!
SHADOW

Canyon Lake, TX

#20415 Oct 2, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
You of all people here should be grateful that society in general has become more civilized in its treatment and acceptance of those who are different.
Back a hundred years ago a baby born with your supposed condition was smothered at birth because "it was for the best". The mother was then told she delivered a stillborn...
Should we go back to that way of doing things? Remember the lives of your grandchildren and their children hang in the balance of your answer. You keep calling yourself a barbarian, now prove it!
Well-----considering the liberal democrat way of doing things killing babies is right up their alley.
Planned parenthood is a whole sale baby butcher.
Here in Texas we stopped them in their tracks with new laws governing this barbarian style of birth control.
How about you-----well.
Nothing like stepping in it is there well.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20416 Oct 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That one makes me laugh - but only in the slack way you laugh @ someone who isn't right in the head.
Well that's one way to look at it. I look at it as a waste of time.
Revralph

Brooklyn, NY

#20417 Oct 2, 2013
Homophobes traditionally point to 4 NT verses to condemn homosexuality, Romans 1:26–27, 1 Corinthians 6:9–10, Timothy 1:9–10, Jude 1:7. Gay rights activists dispute these 4 verses through incorrect translations of the original texts. No one will ever know precisely the truth, as both arguments have value. As a pastor, it doesn’t really matter to me. The core value of the NT is love, not hate. And while you can cite the above in condemnation, it is important to realize that the NT spends much more effort on warning us that it is not our job to ever judge the behavior of another. There are 23 verses precisely saying that. My personal credo: every single human has and will sin. We are taught to hate sin, but love the sinner, because that is what Jesus Christ did on the cross. He died for all of us, despite the fact that we sin. My point is, I do not know if gay sex is a sin or not. Either way, I am still compelled to love all people, gay and straight. God bless all of you.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20418 Oct 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
(SHEESH!)
Let's R E V I E W ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OFkeKKszXTwXX&list=PL2207 D89B2EFDEF0C
The Truth is .... sometimes ... satirical and

Funny!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20420 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And every single situation of polygamy you can find in the Bible is a negative example. Every single one.
Not true.

The story of Lamech was not a negative example. His son was Noah.

The beginning of Genesis, Chapter 6 would suggest otherwise, reading, "... of all that they chose."

Abram and Sarai, and Hagar and the sons of his concubines (Gen 25:6) appear to have done alright.

Nahor, Abraham's brother didn't fare too badly.

And what of Boaz, who required Ruth the Moabite to glean and follow "close to my young women." Were they his daughters and wives and the daughters and wives of his sons? Probably. Jesus Himself is a descendant of Ruth.

As were David and Solomon.

You are, as you often are, Kimare, full of Baloney.

Rev. Ken
Revralph

Brooklyn, NY

#20421 Oct 2, 2013
Sadly, because some denominations of Christianity have become so defiant about gay issues, they have ostracized an entire segment of our population against Christianity. My church and denomination, openly welcome all into our family, so I urge gays that feel they are unwelcome in church to explore those that eagerly want you to join us. As a Congregationalist (the church of the Mayflower), we have evolved into a very progressive group. 300 years ago, we were just like the haters here. We burned gays, drowned witches, branded adulterers, believed in slavery, made women submissive, denied others to right to worship openly. The point is, the fundamentalists here will eventually adapt and realize it is not just the right thing to do, but Christ-like thing to do. God wants all people to love, be loved, and enter the kingdom of heaven.
Peace.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#20422 Oct 2, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>If we just forget what the Bible says then why continue with any religion?
You do not even know what the Bible says so how can you forget anything? You are not a Christian and you are not a Bible believer, you are a pew warming Christ-insanity-ist because you REFUSE to do what the Bible clearly instructs you to do, and then because you are a hypocrite you demand gay people follow the Bible.

Why should any gay person listen to you tell them about the Bible when you give God the finger and flat our refuse to do what is required of you?

You are despicable. We are all laughing at you.

If you were a Christian instead of a Christ-insanity-ist you would have shown Jesus that you love him and followed his commands. Because you REFUSE to do what Jesus commands you you show us all here that you hate Jesus.

This what Jesus, God the Bible et. al demands of you:

•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•(i) and Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)

All the normal people here know you are ridiculous and no one takes a word you write seriously because of your hypocrisy.

Location hidden

#20423 Oct 2, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>I think ....
No one cares what someone who refuses to do what Jesus instructs thinks. And no one really believes you have ever thought in your life anyway.

We are all laughing at you for making a fool of yourself.
Larry Says

United States

#20424 Oct 2, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cares what someone who refuses to do what Jesus instructs thinks. And no one really believes you have ever thought in your life anyway.
We are all laughing at you for making a fool of yourself.
you are a real lunatic

Location hidden

#20425 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is not an insurance policy that releases us to live as we choose.
In Matthew 19, Jesus is clear that the only option to marriage between a man and woman is celibacy.
Christianity is the biggest hoax ever sold, it is a crime against humanity and you are my proof KiMare.

1 Peter 4:15 makes it completely clear that you are to mind your own business. And because you spend more time thinking about gay sex than gay people do you are proof that you are a Christ-insanity-ist and not a Christian.

The Bible is quite clear what you must do to be a Christian and you refuse, Refuse, REFUSE! You must think God gave you a middle finger so you could show it to him. If I was God I would not like you giving me the finger and setting such a bad example for all the non-theists to see. And that makes you an abomination. You are an abomination, it is a fact you prove to us every time you post.

Location hidden

#20426 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that, gays are the ones that dismisses information because they don't like the source.
However, the historical information they give is credible.
Smile.
The Bible is not a source that can be trusted to tell us about homosexuality, you are deceived KiMare and now you try to deceive others. That makes you a reprobate.

What about the O.T. laws that are conveniently ignored, but of equal weight? Biblicists act as if many did not exist. The following examples are typical:

Money cannot be lent at interest to your brother, only to foreigners (Deut. 23:19-20);
Eating pork is forbidden (Deut. 14:8);
A man must marry and have relations with his dead brother's wife (Deut. 25:5-6);
A seducer must marry an unengaged virgin whom he seduces (Ex. 22:16-17);
A raped, unengaged virgin must marry her rapist and they can never divorce (Deut. 22:28-29);
Trials for adultery are to be by ordeal (Num. 5:28-29);
Eating rare meat with blood is forbidden (Lev. 19:26);
Beards can't be rounded (Lev. 19:27);
A newly married man can't go to war or be charged with business for one year (Deut. 24:5);
A guilty man can be beaten with as many as forty blows (Deut. 25:1-3);
A garment composed of wool and linen can't be worn (Deut. 22:11);
Punishment shall be administered on the basis of an eye for an eye (Deut. 19:21, Ex. 21:24);
One's nation can lend to other nations but not borrow from them (Deut. 15:6);
Bastards can't enter the Lord's congregation (Deut. 23:2);
First-born children should sometimes be sacrificed to the Lord (Ex. 22:29); and
Debtor brothers shall be released from their obligation every seven years (Deut. 15:1-3).

All of these rules are part of the Old Covenant and of equal import. Why quote the Ten Commandments and rules against homosexuality, for example, while ignoring other tenets? A believer's obligations to one is no less than his obligation to all. In fact, if under the New Covenant Christians have stepped into the shoes of the Israelites and become, in effect, the new Chosen People, then they should inherit all the privileges and duties of that office. They seem to want the former but not the latter. Jesus said the Old Law would stand until heaven and earth passed away. Not one jot or tittle was to be changed until all was fulfilled (Matt. 5:18-19 RSV). Paul disagreed, but, then, this is not the only topic upon which they clashed.

Apologist have also tended to ignore or minimize the Old Law's support for slavery and the subordination of women and failed to follow the Sabbath.
Larry Says

United States

#20427 Oct 2, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is the biggest hoax ever sold, it is a crime against humanity and you are my proof KiMare.
1 Peter 4:15 makes it completely clear that you are to mind your own business. And because you spend more time thinking about gay sex than gay people do you are proof that you are a Christ-insanity-ist and not a Christian.
The Bible is quite clear what you must do to be a Christian and you refuse, Refuse, REFUSE! You must think God gave you a middle finger so you could show it to him. If I was God I would not like you giving me the finger and setting such a bad example for all the non-theists to see. And that makes you an abomination. You are an abomination, it is a fact you prove to us every time you post.
LUNATIC
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 10 min carter county res... 24,130
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 21 min Just Think 5,029
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 28 min Respect71 44,234
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 1 hr Father Jeremy 384
News Kylie Minogue and husband Joshua Sasse refuse t... 5 hr Rosa_Winkel 2
News Idaho man charged with federal hate crime in fa... 7 hr Rosa_Winkel 2
News Secret Service chief praises gay spies for putt... 8 hr Anita Bryant s Jihad 2
More from around the web