Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,026

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#20400 Oct 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Scroll button time again. Too many juvenile posts.
That one makes me laugh - but only in the slack way you laugh @ someone who isn't right in the head.

“Religion kills”

Down Under

#20401 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds is a lie.
You make my point. Marriage is only between one man and one woman. The Bible gives no other options.
The Bible was consistent and clear about homosexual sex. It was an abomination. Jesus said celibacy was the only righteous option.
You are not waiting, you are in denial.
Funny how many of the Biblical patriarchs didn't get the one man, one woman message. Like Abraham, Jacob, David and Solomon.

2 Samuel 12
11 “This is what the Lord says:‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight. 12 You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.’”

Sounds real monogamous to me, esp as it was to be King David's punishment for adultery.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#20402 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds is a lie.
You make my point. Marriage is only between one man and one woman. The Bible gives no other options.
The Bible was consistent and clear about homosexual sex. It was an abomination. Jesus said celibacy was the only righteous option.
You are not waiting, you are in denial.
(SHEESH!)

Let's R E V I E W ...

&li st=PL2207D89B2EFDEF0C

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20403 Oct 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how many of the Biblical patriarchs didn't get the one man, one woman message. Like Abraham, Jacob, David and Solomon.
2 Samuel 12
11 “This is what the Lord says:‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight. 12 You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.’”
Sounds real monogamous to me, esp as it was to be King David's punishment for adultery.
And every single situation of polygamy you can find in the Bible is a negative example. Every single one.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#20404 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And every single situation of polygamy you can find in the Bible is a negative example. Every single one.
Not according to THEM.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#20405 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
The indirect reference to other things is untrue. They have never disappeared and reappear over and over.
However, ss couples being called married has NEVER been accepted in a culture from start to finish. NOT ONE SINGLE CULTURE IN ALL OF HUMAN HISTORY!....
When did human history end? It seems that a great many cultures today have no problem with gay folks legally marrying other gay folks.

Location hidden

#20406 Oct 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
(SHEESH!)
Let's R E V I E W ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OFkeKKszXTwXX&list=PL2207 D89B2EFDEF0C
Clearly bigoted, ignorant source.

The Bible consistently defines marriage as between a man and woman.

At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

You might want to select something more realistic than cartoons for your information.

Smile.

Location hidden

#20407 Oct 2, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
When did human history end? It seems that a great many cultures today have no problem with gay folks legally marrying other gay folks.
Of course it hasn't ended. That's why your arrogance is premature. Moreover, France is evidence that every country STILL has a problem with a fake marriage.

“Religion kills”

Down Under

#20408 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly bigoted, ignorant source.
The Bible consistently defines marriage as between a man and woman.
At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
You might want to select something more realistic than cartoons for your information.
Smile.
Except where the Bible does NOT define marriage as between a man and woman, but tells all about polygamy instead. As I just proved a minute ago.

Never mind, other posters on here can read.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#20409 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

The indirect reference to other things is untrue.
Finally, you admit that the Jesus wasn't referring to gay men when he said "homosexuals", but he was referring to asexuals.

Thank you for admitting that indirect references don't hold water.

Location hidden

#20410 Oct 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Except where the Bible does NOT define marriage as between a man and woman, but tells all about polygamy instead. As I just proved a minute ago.
Never mind, other posters on here can read.
It records behavior blondie, that does not signify approval. Damn you are stupid.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#20411 Oct 2, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very wrong! He stands with his husband, I and my entire family stand with them and others like them in support... Millions of others stand with us, God stands with us because He stands with love.
You and your kind are looking very lonely!
Your numbers are so small if your kind weren't always crying and whining no one would even see you.
Poor, poor perverts.
G-d stands with the up right which you are not.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#20412 Oct 2, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Your numbers are so small if your kind weren't always crying and whining no one would even see you.
Poor, poor perverts.
G-d stands with the up right which you are not.
Jesus tells me otherwise. I'll take his word over yours any day of the week and thrice on Sunday.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#20413 Oct 2, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus tells me otherwise. I'll take his word over yours any day of the week and thrice on Sunday.
You are the not so normal one. I am sure Jesus knows that as well.
As for your numbers, well they speak for themselves so what exactly do you think someone is telling you otherwise.
You are just out of step with a civilized society like here in America.
well

Round Lake, IL

#20414 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
The indirect reference to other things is untrue.
You of all people here should be grateful that society in general has become more civilized in its treatment and acceptance of those who are different.

Back a hundred years ago a baby born with your supposed condition was smothered at birth because "it was for the best". The mother was then told she delivered a stillborn...

Should we go back to that way of doing things? Remember the lives of your grandchildren and their children hang in the balance of your answer. You keep calling yourself a barbarian, now prove it!
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#20415 Oct 2, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
You of all people here should be grateful that society in general has become more civilized in its treatment and acceptance of those who are different.
Back a hundred years ago a baby born with your supposed condition was smothered at birth because "it was for the best". The mother was then told she delivered a stillborn...
Should we go back to that way of doing things? Remember the lives of your grandchildren and their children hang in the balance of your answer. You keep calling yourself a barbarian, now prove it!
Well-----considering the liberal democrat way of doing things killing babies is right up their alley.
Planned parenthood is a whole sale baby butcher.
Here in Texas we stopped them in their tracks with new laws governing this barbarian style of birth control.
How about you-----well.
Nothing like stepping in it is there well.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20416 Oct 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That one makes me laugh - but only in the slack way you laugh @ someone who isn't right in the head.
Well that's one way to look at it. I look at it as a waste of time.
Revralph

New York, NY

#20417 Oct 2, 2013
Homophobes traditionally point to 4 NT verses to condemn homosexuality, Romans 1:26–27, 1 Corinthians 6:9–10, Timothy 1:9–10, Jude 1:7. Gay rights activists dispute these 4 verses through incorrect translations of the original texts. No one will ever know precisely the truth, as both arguments have value. As a pastor, it doesn’t really matter to me. The core value of the NT is love, not hate. And while you can cite the above in condemnation, it is important to realize that the NT spends much more effort on warning us that it is not our job to ever judge the behavior of another. There are 23 verses precisely saying that. My personal credo: every single human has and will sin. We are taught to hate sin, but love the sinner, because that is what Jesus Christ did on the cross. He died for all of us, despite the fact that we sin. My point is, I do not know if gay sex is a sin or not. Either way, I am still compelled to love all people, gay and straight. God bless all of you.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20418 Oct 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
(SHEESH!)
Let's R E V I E W ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OFkeKKszXTwXX&list=PL2207 D89B2EFDEF0C
The Truth is .... sometimes ... satirical and

Funny!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20420 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.

The story of Lamech was not a negative example. His son was Noah.

The beginning of Genesis, Chapter 6 would suggest otherwise, reading, "... of all that they chose."

Abram and Sarai, and Hagar and the sons of his concubines (Gen 25:6) appear to have done alright.

Nahor, Abraham's brother didn't fare too badly.

And what of Boaz, who required Ruth the Moabite to glean and follow "close to my young women." Were they his daughters and wives and the daughters and wives of his sons? Probably. Jesus Himself is a descendant of Ruth.

As were David and Solomon.

You are, as you often are, Kimare, full of Baloney.

Rev. Ken

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer sold to Russians! 22 min Poof1 9
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 31 min dirtclod 138
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 1 hr DebraE 472
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr SHIRLEY 55,985
t.A.T.u. star shocks gay fans with TV reveal 2 hr lgbt is silly 9
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 2 hr Zeppelin 1,454
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr SHIRLEY 1,214
Biggest Gay Lies 3 hr OLD SARGE 2,029
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search