Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36058 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#20185 Sep 25, 2013
WOW! That felt good! I think I'll do it again soon! There's nothing more satisfying these days than shooting down a member of the backwoods American Taliban.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#20186 Sep 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Here is the historical record of why God had the Israelites totally destroy the Canaanites;
Leviticus 18:21-25 (NASB)
21 ~'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD.
22 ~'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
23 ~'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.
24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled.
25 ~'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have brought its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants.
It seems to me the message of history recorded in the Bible has a serious warning for us. One that history has repeated often...
I jacked off a goat once. Does that count?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#20188 Sep 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus gave three options to marriage between a man and woman in answer to the disciples saying it would be better not to marry. Where did Jesus exempt 4% of the population?
Tap dance, monster mutation, tap dance.

Where did Jesus actually say anything that references homosexuals. Your eunuch passage is merely a matter of personal interpretation on your part.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20189 Sep 25, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did Jesus actually say anything that references homosexuals. Your eunuch passage is merely a matter of personal interpretation on your part.
Twelve disciples understood him just fine. What's your problem, can't receive it?
The AssTroll Stopper

Chesapeake, OH

#20190 Sep 25, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Stupid thread...... Too many dumb asses.
Yeah, it's amazing how many stupid uneducated filthy Queer PedophiIes we have loafing on these threads. It's appalling that these uncouth perverts be allowed out in society, let alone on these threads. Take Rev. Fagg@t AKA
Rev. Alan for example, it's one of the most disgusting pieces of sh!t there is on here. It's really hard to imagine, just how many little boys he's molested in his time. It's just sickening, just sickening.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#20191 Sep 25, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 10: 6-9 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

Goose Incorporated - making fagagandists cry since 2009.

Location hidden

#20192 Sep 25, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
This is interesting...

http://www.hiddenmeanings.com/gaysJesus2.htm
Effendi Bohong

Denpasar, Indonesia

#20193 Sep 25, 2013
The bible, as most people know, is a collection of legend, myth, and folk lore written down by a bunch of barely literate and credulous men who lived a long time ago and would be regarded today as functional illiterates. Why would anything written in the bible be relevant to anything today ???

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#20194 Sep 25, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 10: 6-9 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."
Goose Incorporated - making fagagandists cry since 2009.
Thanks for sharing; I was a church employee for the bulk of my adult life. Once again, Jesus said NOTHING about homosexuals. He did have loads of instructions for heterosexuals, however. Seems you str8 people could never please Jesus.

FYI, you're going to have to work LOTS harder to make me cry. As if you could.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20195 Sep 25, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether I am a reverend or not does not change the quality of my posts. Whether I am black or white, male or female, gay or straight my posts stand on their own. You don't like the truth that I post so you attack me as an individual, how Christian of you.
Exactly.

Location hidden

#20196 Sep 25, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's amazing how many stupid uneducated filthy Queer PedophiIes we have loafing on these threads. It's appalling that these uncouth perverts be allowed out in society, let alone on these threads. Take Rev. Fagg@t AKA
Rev. Alan for example, it's one of the most disgusting pieces of sh!t there is on here. It's really hard to imagine, just how many little boys he's molested in his time. It's just sickening, just sickening.
Nice rant bro.

Did you take your meds today?

Location hidden

#20197 Sep 26, 2013
Effendi Bohong wrote:
The bible, as most people know, is a collection of legend, myth, and folk lore written down by a bunch of barely literate and credulous men who lived a long time ago and would be regarded today as functional illiterates. Why would anything written in the bible be relevant to anything today ???
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.

Location hidden

#20198 Sep 26, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing; I was a church employee for the bulk of my adult life. Once again, Jesus said NOTHING about homosexuals. He did have loads of instructions for heterosexuals, however. Seems you str8 people could never please Jesus.
FYI, you're going to have to work LOTS harder to make me cry. As if you could.
http://www.hiddenmeanings.com/gaysJesus2.htm

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#20199 Sep 26, 2013
That website suggests that the "natural eunuch," in antiquity was more of a catch-all category for a variety of men who either couldn't or didn't want to have sex with women, or who were unable to father children. I would add that this could also include men with physically inadequate equipment, like micropenis.

I will concede that it's possible for the term to have also included gay men, but it would not have been exclusive to them. It also included all the other so-called "natural eunuchs."

Regardless, what is your point? That Jesus held gay men in higher esteem than hetero married men? That sounds like an argument that if Jesus lived today, he'd support same-sex marriage.

Location hidden

#20200 Sep 26, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
That website suggests that the "natural eunuch," in antiquity was more of a catch-all category for a variety of men who either couldn't or didn't want to have sex with women, or who were unable to father children. I would add that this could also include men with physically inadequate equipment, like micropenis.
I will concede that it's possible for the term to have also included gay men, but it would not have been exclusive to them. It also included all the other so-called "natural eunuchs."
Regardless, what is your point? That Jesus held gay men in higher esteem than hetero married men? That sounds like an argument that if Jesus lived today, he'd support same-sex marriage.
In other words, my point made by your side.

Jesus holds all people in the same esteem.

On what basis do you assert that Jesus supported ss marriage.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#20201 Sep 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, my point made by your side.
Jesus holds all people in the same esteem.
On what basis do you assert that Jesus supported ss marriage.
You have yet to prove that Jesus deliberately and purposefully referred to gay men as eunuchs.

Jesus said nothing intentionally and specifically about gay men.

Location hidden

#20202 Sep 26, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to prove that Jesus deliberately and purposefully referred to gay men as eunuchs.
Jesus said nothing intentionally and specifically about gay men.
As I posted, even other gays disagree with your denial.

Smile

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20203 Sep 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
As I posted, even other gays disagree with your denial.
Smile
LOL!!!....

Your smile is gleaming with an oversimplified, ignorant insincerety.

The Bible does not give ANY definition to its quote of Jesus' remarks about "eunuchs" - a Greek word, by the way.

Jesus spoke in Aramaic.

IS IT fair to say that there were marked differences between the historical cultures in terms of Greek sexuality versus Hebrew cultural sexuality? Yes, it is a known fact that there were significant, considerable differences.

Language reflects conceptual and cultural differences. So, we do not know today exactly what Jesus meant back then, simply by reading either the Greek texts of scripture or by attempting to interpret Jesus' reported words, as translated into Greek, by placing them in a conceptual context of Hebrew scripture in terms of Old Testament.

All the Bible really gives us is Jesus' own statement that "some will not be able to understand this Teaching." But, we CAN legitimately infer that Jesus knew that humans include individuals who are not simply physically, mentally or spiritually heterosexual, either male or female. Given the fact that his own disciples were reported to have been disconcerted over Jesus' teachings regarding the ideas of adultery, marriage and divorce and Jewish (Mosaic) Law,...

What makes you think they immediately or fully understood His remarks about "eunuchs?"

I'll lay even odds that they didn't understand or at least some of them didn't understand. But, we don't have the benefit of reportings of further conversations and teachings and dissertations on the subject by Jesus, do we?

No. We do not.

Your supposedly Bible-based assertions are groundless, Kimare.

If anything, they are way off the mark.

Furthermore, IF Jesus was/is truly inspired with the Holy Spirit of Truth and Life (His own description), then His conceptual understandings, even if delivered in a peculiar cultural context, would actually be understood to be congruent with the most modern psychological understandings of Human sexuality.

That is because the closer we get to the Truth today, the closer we get to the actual Jesus, inspired by the Holy Spirit. Our constantly adaptive and most modern understandings, scientific, psychological, genetic, medical, et cetera, are an essential part of this "getting closer" to the Truth.

The Bible is intended to be a guide - TO - the Truth. But, it was never intended to - BE - the Truth. It has always been and continues to be, in the best sense, only a reflection of the Truth within ourselves; a Truth buried in the history and tapestry of human effort, full of folly and selfish error, given through the Hebrew tribal perspective.

If our most modern understandings are found to be adapting into a position of contradistinctive tension with traditional "Biblical" views, then we can rejoice in that we are actually moving toward the Truth and away from a scripture-based "Biblical, cultural, Traditional, Orthodox" set of self-promulgating misunderstandings.

We are, after all, each and every one of us, both a form of perfection and imperfection, infinite in Spirit melded with finiteness in our objective presence.

Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of the Lord, Christ Jesus.
SHADOW

Canyon Lake, TX

#20204 Sep 26, 2013
Little Blue Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
He's no reverend, he's a rabbi performing metzitzah b'peh's for God's sake.
This thread is full of fakes, sel's no Christian either:
Selecia Jones- JAX FL
“Plays well with others.”
Since: Jun 07
LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Friday Sep 20 The only thing wrong with the people in Chicago is their AIM!"
This classic is what sel posted in regard to people wounded and killed in Chicago including a 3 yr old child shot in the face.

Location hidden

#20205 Sep 26, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is full of fakes, sel's no Christian either:
Selecia Jones- JAX FL
“Plays well with others.”
Since: Jun 07
LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Friday Sep 20 The only thing wrong with the people in Chicago is their AIM!"
This classic is what sel posted in regard to people wounded and killed in Chicago including a 3 yr old child shot in the face.
Hi phony.

Matthew 7:1 says you are not a Christian either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weekend Vacation NE 6 min Snookie 1
News The Long Island Gay & Lesbian Film Festival to ... 14 min HOT FARTS 26
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 19 min Snookie 27,406
News 'Yep, I'm Gay': Happy 20th out anniversary, Ell... (Apr '17) 1 hr Randy 20
News Lebanese State Security Member Arrested on Susp... 1 hr Myron 20
News This homophobic magistrate was just paid $325,0... 1 hr Murray 41
News How Franklin Graham took the reins from his leg... 1 hr Xstain Spot Remover 23
News Man charged with threatening Riverview church o... 3 hr Wondering 69
More from around the web