Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36050 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#20043 Sep 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go stereotyping you sexist!
What kind of man of god are you???
This thing is no man of G-d.
He is here to disrupt and deflect.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#20044 Sep 8, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Have a great weekend. Lots of fun things to do. Gay Happy Hour...Church functions. LIFE IS GREAT!
Do gay and happy even go together anymore---I say not.
Your life piglet is sin.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#20045 Sep 8, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, nevermind Rev., that was me. I forgot that I'm the one who diddles little boys.
Whoops! Looks like someone has pissed of the Asstroll Stopper/KiMerde.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20046 Sep 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoops! Looks like someone has pissed of the Asstroll Stopper/KiMerde.
Why would I get pissed off?

The Bible clearly condemns gay sex, and defines marriage as between a man and a woman.

Moreover, science confirms both restrictions.

Those who do otherwise defy God at their own peril and ignore the design of nature.

Clearly not wise in any measure...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#20047 Sep 8, 2013
I see it has spread....

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#20048 Sep 8, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
I see it has spread....
They tend to do that when backed into corners.
margarette

UK

#20049 Sep 8, 2013
homosexuality and the bible ?? what difference does it make ??

margarette.kinky/skype

Location hidden

#20050 Sep 9, 2013
margarette wrote:
homosexuality and the bible ?? what difference does it make ??
margarette.kinky/skype
It restrains idiocy like this;

kinky
Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on more
8028 up, 2890 down

Foot-sucking, rubber wearing, pee on me, fruit-fuckin', candlewax drippin', long fingernail scrapin', tossed salad eatin',multiple partner havin', she-male, oil-drenched, chocolate sauce, whipped cream covered,vibrator usin',dress-up,banned in 30 states type of sex.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20051 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible clearly condemns gay sex, and defines marriage as between a man and a woman.
Moreover, science confirms both restrictions.
Those who do otherwise defy God at their own peril and ignore the design of nature.
Whether you get p'o'd or not is really none of my concern. Though, since you take such smirking delight in the unjustified ridicule and condescension of innocent outcasts, I don't mind occasionally giving you some of your own "medicine," just to remind the real you that you are way off base.

#1. Certain parts of the Hebrew tribal Law were clearly written to prevent homosexual behavior and to justify punishment for homosexual behavior between men. Nothing appears to be written in the Mosaic Law to prevent homosexual behavior between women. Women were not nominally considered to be of the same value as men. Culturally, the women of Hebrew households do hold their own, then, and do today. They are equals. This was the unspoken reason for the inclusion of the Book of Ruth.

#2. But, as to the "Bible" clearly condemning gay sex, no. The Teachings of Jesus Christ are not specific in this regard. In fact, Jesus is reported to have given direct instruction to take care to keep the path to Communion with God completely open for the innocent. Furthermore, He is reported to regard "eunuchs" as fully acceptable.

#3. The "Bible" does not define marriage as between a man and a woman. Both Testaments of the "Bible" contain recitations that recognize the natural union of a man and a woman, further regarding the sacrament of "Marriage" as a confirmation of the natural union. But, again, the Bible does not define marriage as a heterosexual union while refusing a homosexual union. Any assertion to the contrary is an inferred interpretation.

#4. Science confirms no such restrictions.

#5. The defiance of which you speak is a defiance of your own views. You are not God.

#6. Wisdom comes, offered by God through the Holy Spirit, by the development of both experience and insight. Wisdom is akin to the spiritual gift of "discernment." It requires context and does not come simply by reading and adopting the views of those who went before.

Nothing you have said or asserted has any substance in reason, cultural morality or Spirit to justify any refusal to permit a same-sex couple to be legally and spiritually married and then to raise a family by the means legally made available to them.

They shall be legally and Spiritually married, in the Body of Christ.

Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of the Lord, Christ Jesus.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#20052 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Foot-sucking, rubber wearing, pee on me, fruit-fuckin', candlewax drippin', long fingernail scrapin', tossed salad eatin',multiple partner havin', she-male, oil-drenched, chocolate sauce, whipped cream covered,vibrator usin',dress-up,banned in 30 states type of sex.
Oh my! You have quite an imagination there, or is it personal experience?

What's wrong with tossed salads though? They make a delicious, healthful meal if you fix them right. Just be sure to use fresh, crisp lettuce, more than one kind if available. Add some shredded cheese, diced chicken or ham, chopped tomatoes and onions, black olives, and bacon bits. Top it off with some creamy ranch dressing. Mmmmmm!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#20053 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It restrains idiocy like this;
kinky
Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on more
8028 up, 2890 down
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
You are so clue-less. I can find you examples of heterosexuals who enjoy kinky behaviors. Does that indict all heterosexuals as perverts.

Take your meds, Hunty, you've flipped a bitch-switch again.

Location hidden

#20055 Sep 9, 2013
Girls, calm down.

It's the definition from the street dictionary.

I'm replying to a poster who calls herself kinky.

Not someone I usually hold high opinions of.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#20056 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you didn't get pissed on.

Location hidden

#20057 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The question of whether or not the Bible is scientifically valid has been debated for hundreds of years by critics and supporters alike. Biblicists have contended the book not only supports science but contains many statements that are ahead of their time. The Bible supposedly has great scientific wisdom and only now are we beginning to realize as much. Critics, such as myself, believe the Bible is its own worst enemy. From our perspective there are more than enough statements contained therein to forestall any claims to scientific precision. Indeed, many statements clearly belong in the realm of mythology and folklore, while others are simply false. Some are so vague it's difficult to know what is meant, so naturally, biblicists choose the more scientifically oriented interpretation. Those believing the Bible to be scientifically precise and wise beyond its years should read, digest, and remember the following assertions contained within its covers:

The bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18);
Some fowls are four-footed (Lev. 11:20-21);
Some creeping insects have four legs.(Lev. 11:22-23);
Hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:6);
Conies chew the cud (Lev. 11:5);
Camels don't divide the hoof (Lev. 11:4);
The earth was formed out of and by means of water (2 Peter 3:5 RSV);
The earth rest on pillars (1 Sam. 2:8);
The earth won't be moved (1Chron. 16:30);
A hare does not divide the hoof (Deut. 14:7);
The rainbow is not as old as rain and sunshine (Gen. 9:13);
A mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds and grows into the greatest of all shrubs (Matt. 13:31-32 RSV);
Turtles have voices (Song of Sol. 2:12);
The earth has ends or edges (Job 37:3);
The earth has four corners (Isa. 11:12, Rev. 7:1);
Some 4-legged animals fly (Lev. 11:21);
The world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9; and
A fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44).

Some statements are so vague that apologists can often evade dilemmas by creative rationalizations. As Ingersoll said: "If the holy writer uses general terms, an ingenious theologian can harmonize a seemingly preposterous statement with the most obdurate fact.(Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 5, p. 37). For instance, Gen. 1:7-8 says: "And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament;... And god called the firmament Heaven." Realizing the scientific implausibility inherent in this narration, some apologists attempt to portray the firmament as nothing more than the atmosphere separating the moist clouds above from the oceans below.

Location hidden

#20058 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to drink a quart of Draino KiMerde!

Some biblical allegations are not only erroneous but have been fatal to their adherents.

For instance, Mark16:17-18 says: "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils;.... They shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not hurt them."

Not many believing Christians are willing to drink poisons or handle rattlesnakes to prove the Bible's accuracy, although some have tried. Many individuals have died because they put their trust in the Biblical injunction to pray ("And the prayer of faith shall save the sick," James 5:13-15) and, not wanting to make Asa's mistake (2 Chron. 16:12), shunned physicians.

Location hidden

#20059 Sep 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible clearly condemns what I do here in this discussion thread.
Yes it does.

The unscientific aspect of biblical teachings is also shown in the fact that many mythological creatures are spoken of as if they were, in fact, real. The manner in which they are described and the context within which this occurs show biblical writers felt they actually existed. Some of the prominent examples are:

cockatrices (Jer. 8:17, Isa. 11:8 59:5),
unicorns (Deut. 33:17, Psalms 22:21. 29:6, Job 39:9-10),
satyrs (Isa. 34:14, 13:21)
fiery serpents (Num. 21:6),
and flying serpents (Isa. 14:29, 30:6).

Last, but not least, one should note the hundreds of miracles contained within the Bible. Perhaps more than anything else they prove the Book lacks scientific validity. Miracles, by definition, have supernatural causes, and science, by definition, doesn't work with the supernatural. In order to avoid an extended discussion as to the existence of miracles, I will simply say that nearly all reputable scientists deny their existence and feel all events have a natural, material cause. Believers in miracles can never produce a supernatural event when asked to do so. Challenges are invariably left unanswered.

Any book claiming a woman turned into a pillar of salt (Gen. 19:26), the sun went backward 10 degrees on the sundial (2 Kings 20:11), and quails came from the sea (Num. 11:31) is going to have great difficulty demonstrating its scientific precision to any reasonably scientific mind.

Location hidden

#20060 Sep 9, 2013
Any book claiming a woman turned into a pillar of salt (Gen. 19:26), the sun went backward 10 degrees on the sundial (2 Kings 20:11), and quails came from the sea (Num. 11:31) is going to have great difficulty demonstrating its scientific precision to any reasonably scientific mind.

Location hidden

#20062 Sep 9, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you get p'o'd or not is really none of my concern. Though, since you take such smirking delight in the unjustified ridicule and condescension of innocent outcasts, I don't mind occasionally giving you some of your own "medicine," just to remind the real you that you are way off base.
[medicine snipped]
Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of the Lord, Christ Jesus.
KiMerde is way to sick to care about any medicine Rev. Ken. He gets his jollies by trying to make gay people feel bad about their lives just like poor white trailer trash used to try to put black people down, the only thing they had going for them was that they were white. KiMerde believes his alleged heterosexuality is what he has going for him; if it wasn't for the existence of gay people KiMerde would have nothing to feel good about himself.

He should drink a quart of Draino and prove to us the Bible is truthful and that we should accept it to tell us about homosexuality. Until he drinks the Draino there is no reason to accept anything the Bible says, clearly or otherwise.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#20063 Sep 9, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you didn't get pissed on.
With that mouth it is a wonder you haven't been dispatched from topix by now.
Big mouth usually means little man.

Location hidden

#20067 Sep 9, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
[pathetic insults snipped]
In some of their apologetic works, Josh McDowell and Don Stewart provide common responses to those who question the Bible's scientific qualifications: "The Bible is not a textbook on science. Its purpose is not to explain in technical terms the technical data of the natural world, but to explain God's purpose and relation to man, to deal with spiritual things. It is definitely not a technical textbook for scientists. The descriptions which the Bible gives concerning nature are neither scientific nor unscientific, but phrased in words that are non-technical and often general, so that even the common reader can follow the thought. This does not at all mean the statements are incorrect." (Answers to Tough Questions, P. 104)

The problem with this explanation is that it's irrelevant. Whether or not the Bible is a scientific textbook or whether it's intended to be a technical work doesn't matter. The fact is, scientific statements contained therein are either true or false. They are either correct or they aren't. That's all that matters. And any book alleging a bat is a bird and some foul are four-footed is incorrect. The assertion that "The descriptions which the Bible gives concerning nature are neither scientific nor unscientific" has no truth whatever. They definitely lie within the scientific sphere, and are false.

McDowell and Stewart continue: "The Scriptures entertain no fanciful ideas of science and of the natural world,.... It was Ptolemy who suggested that the earth was flat. We read statements such as these and laugh, but there are no absurd statements in the Bible similar to these." (Ibid. P. 105).

Such comments hardly merit a response. The Bible is permeated with miracles and erroneous scientific comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min Get Real 12,984
Congratulations to President Robert Mugabe! 7 min Herschel 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 29 min Freedomofexpression 57,579
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 35 min Get Real 338
News Who would be a better president: Donald Trump o... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 34
NE Jade is a Scumbag 1 hr Hambone 1
News Birth-record fix for gays falls to lower court 1 hr Hilda 4
News Tanzania authorities arrest 12 over "homosexual... 22 hr Frankie Rizzo 33
More from around the web