Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36038 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19742 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, the atom was never the smallest particle that existed to science, it was merely the smallest known. There were always smaller particles.
<quoted text>
No dear, because science never published a book claiming it to be the end all be all of information. Only your ridiculous bible does that.
<quoted text>
No, you made an excuse as to why they called it a bird.
<quoted text>
Yes, it is an excuse. Bats have never been birds. Your bible gets things wrong. Sorry you are in denial of that. It got bats wrong, and it got homosexuality wrong.
<quoted text>
No, what is down right pathetically ignorant and stupid is anyone claiming that the bible is some sort of tome of authority.
<quoted text>
It doesn't equate that at all. I'm well aware that the bible is nothing but a bunch of fairy tales. It's you fundies that seem to think it's a book of authority.
<quoted text>
You mean like pretending you know something about homosexuality when in fact you're simply a bible thumping idiot? The only one here making an ass of themselves is you dear.
Tell it like it is, Jonah.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19743 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your gay twirl doesn't cover the point does it?
Your retort doesn't really say anything, does it?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#19744 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on a crusade to stop anal abuse.
How about you join the cause as a reformed sphincter muscle abuser?
Think of the good we can do together!
We all know exactly where you pulled that one out of.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19746 Aug 29, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Fella a perversion like anal is not sex at all.
People who do that are the weirdos.
Anal sex is a non-issue.

GROW UP

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#19747 Aug 29, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Fella a perversion like anal is not sex at all.
People who do that are the weirdos.
The difference between oral sex and anal sex is:
Oral sex makes your day.
Anal sex makes the hole weak.

I love the first with the right woman and I don't care what other consenting adults do with each other.

I always laugh at Christians who condemn homosexuality but happily ignore all the other prohibitions in their book of fairy tales.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19748 Aug 30, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is a non-issue.
GROW UP
You can justify anything if you keep declaring the things that matter a 'non-issue'.

That is why a couple who is mutually 100% barren demands that children are not a consideration.

That is why a couple who want to equate an intimate relationship demand a inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning behavior not be considered.

Fool.

Location hidden

#19749 Aug 30, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between oral sex and anal sex is:
Oral sex makes your day.
Anal sex makes the hole weak.
I love the first with the right woman and I don't care what other consenting adults do with each other.
I always laugh at Christians who condemn homosexuality but happily ignore all the other prohibitions in their book of fairy tales.
You mean like murder?

Location hidden

#19750 Aug 30, 2013
When the body performs activities that are not in congruence with the beliefs and logic of the brain, conflict is created and with each repetition of the act, self-esteem of the person is reduced."

Angelo explains that because men behave differently than women, the brain is taught to accept as valid all behaviors that are associated with masculinity and strength. The moment that the brain receives messages that are NOT congruent with the definition of masculinity - the person gets confused.

Aggressive or "pushy" bottoms are an example of this confusion. Those are gay men who succeeded in business and show masculinity in day-to-day life, but in the bedroom - end up engaging in receptive anal intercourse.

"The worse part about this destruction of self-esteem is that it's on the subconscious level. A person will not feel anything during the act. And the pleasure derived from the act will override the logic necessary to correct the behavior. In addition, there is a delay between the act of anal intercourse and the reduction of self-esteem of the person" says Angelo.

"If you were to put all gay men together in a big warehouse and place the 'bottoms' on the left and the 'tops' on the right, you'd start seeing negative consequences of the anal sex play out in real life for the bottoms such as: disrespect for their general health, failure at work, failure in love and relationships." says Angelo.

"I am not saying that every gay man should stop anal intercourse today. What I recommend is that gay men re-think the "Gay-Lifestyle" strategy and stop for one second to question the validity of all that is gay" says Angelo

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#19751 Aug 30, 2013
[QUOTE who="KiMare, quoting some idiot named Angelo"]
"If you were to put all gay men together in a big warehouse and place the 'bottoms' on the left and the 'tops' on the right,...[/QUOTE]

We would desperately try to escape, all the while wondering when the gas is going to be turned on.

[QUOTE who="KiMare, quoting again"]What I recommend is that gay men re-think the "Gay-Lifestyle" strategy and stop for one second to question the validity of all that is gay" says Angelo[/QUOTE]

Most LGBT people spend a good chunk of our lives doing just that, because bigots like you keep trying to tell us that there's something wrong with us.

Fvck you.

Location hidden

#19752 Aug 30, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
We would desperately try to escape, all the while wondering when the gas is going to be turned on.
<quoted text>
Most LGBT people spend a good chunk of our lives doing just that, because bigots like you keep trying to tell us that there's something wrong with us.
Fvck you.
Angelo is a gay. I referenced the article yesterday where he notes that Anal sex is demeaning.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19753 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Angelo is a gay. I referenced the article yesterday where he notes that Anal sex is demeaning.
Angelo is a gay with a personal opinion and an agenda. Saying "he's a gay" does not automatically give him more credibility.

I can assure you that his remarks, like yours, carry no authority.

Location hidden

#19754 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like murder?
That's one but there are others.

Adultery - Leviticus 20:10-12
Eating fat - Leviticus 3:17
Eating pork - Leviticus 11:7-8
Eating shellfish - Deuteronomy 14:9-10
Cross-dressing - Deuteronomy 22:5
Working on the Sabbath - Exodus 20:10
Planting more than one kind of seed in a field - Leviticus 19:19
Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of cloth - Leviticus 19:19
Cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping of the edges of your beard - Leviticus 19:27
Tattoos - Leviticus 19:28
Cursing your parents - Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
Screwing a woman during menstruation - Leviticus 20:18
For women, speaking in church - 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

Homosexuality is an abnormality that affects about 2% of populations but it does not cause the same harm to outsiders as passive smoking does.

Why should anyone care if a few men want to ride the Hershey highway?

Location hidden

#19755 Aug 30, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one but there are others.
Adultery - Leviticus 20:10-12
Eating fat - Leviticus 3:17
Eating pork - Leviticus 11:7-8
Eating shellfish - Deuteronomy 14:9-10
Cross-dressing - Deuteronomy 22:5
Working on the Sabbath - Exodus 20:10
Planting more than one kind of seed in a field - Leviticus 19:19
Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of cloth - Leviticus 19:19
Cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping of the edges of your beard - Leviticus 19:27
Tattoos - Leviticus 19:28
Cursing your parents - Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
Screwing a woman during menstruation - Leviticus 20:18
For women, speaking in church - 1 Corinthians 14:34-35
Homosexuality is an abnormality that affects about 2% of populations but it does not cause the same harm to outsiders as passive smoking does.
Why should anyone care if a few men want to ride the Hershey highway?
I simply noted that you selectively choose also.

Homosexuality is a sexual defect, not a sin. Anal sex is wrong.

SS marriage is an oxymoron.

Location hidden

#19756 Aug 30, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Angelo is a gay with a personal opinion and an agenda. Saying "he's a gay" does not automatically give him more credibility.
I can assure you that his remarks, like yours, carry no authority.
Angelo gives valid reasoning for his claims. That from a place of personal experience and deep observation.

Your response is the only opinion.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#19757 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think that being gay automatically gives someone credibility. As Dusty pointed out, it doesn't mean squat. If this Angelo guy feels anal sex demeans him, he shouldn't do it, but that's his own personal opinion, nothing more.

Location hidden

#19758 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is a sexual defect, not a sin. Anal sex is wrong.
I will go along with the idea that homosexuality is a sexual defect but I have to say that anal sex is no more "wrong" than being an albino or haemophiliac. It is simply how those individuals were born and shows that the Creator, if he exists, has an extremely malicious sense of humour.

Location hidden

#19759 Aug 30, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
I will go along with the idea that homosexuality is a sexual defect but I have to say that anal sex is no more "wrong" than being an albino or haemophiliac. It is simply how those individuals were born and shows that the Creator, if he exists, has an extremely malicious sense of humour.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Location hidden

#19760 Aug 30, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think that being gay automatically gives someone credibility. As Dusty pointed out, it doesn't mean squat. If this Angelo guy feels anal sex demeans him, he shouldn't do it, but that's his own personal opinion, nothing more.
He makes a reasoned assertion. You give an opinion. Learn the difference.

Location hidden

#19761 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
No argument on that score but smoking, although even extremely harmful to pregnant women and bystanders, is an accepted part of everyday life.

Location hidden

#19762 Aug 30, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument on that score but smoking, although even extremely harmful to pregnant women and bystanders, is an accepted part of everyday life.
I simply point it out as a significant distinction when homosexuals attempt to equate SS couples with marriage.

It is also evidence of the sexual defect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 2 min Imprtnrd 2,149
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 42,899
News Walmart settles same-sex spouse benefits discri... 14 min TomInElPaso 1
News UNICEF survey: 80 percent of Filipino youth suf... 32 min Xstain Mullah Aroma 8
News Barney Frank speaking at launch of LGBT justice... 38 min GrowUp 14
News FIFA 17's rainbow kit provokes 'gay propaganda'... 1 hr Gremlin 2
News The Latest: Gay rights groups celebrate Gov. Mc... 1 hr Gremlin 5
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr TRUMP WINNERS 22,476
More from around the web