Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 26,584

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19733 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that just makes you creepier then previously imagined. Especially given that their is absolutely no research that supports your made up nonsense about anal sex. The fact that you are thinking about other people's sex is sad and disgusting. You should consider speaking to therapist, and having your meds upped.
<quoted text>
You're creepy.
<quoted text>
I have no desire to consider who is having anal sex and who isn't. Only pathetic weirdo's would be doing this.
Hardly creepy.

What is creepy is people excusing an inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning behavior, and recruiting innocent young homosexuals.

Why would you not want to save them?
The AssTroll Stopper

Brooklyn, NY

#19734 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said. Only weirdos spend time thinking about and talking about the sex that other people have.
You must be a Queer weirdo. LMFAO
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#19735 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said. Only weirdos spend time thinking about and talking about the sex that other people have.
Fella a perversion like anal is not sex at all.
People who do that are the weirdos.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#19736 Aug 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is astounding. Just more of your unfounded and wholly unconvincing assertions.
All homophobia comes from the Bible, and it is irrelevant what ancient people who believed the earth was flat believed about homosexuality.
In America if I wish to engage in any peaceful sexual activity with another consenting adult it is none of your business. And it is the responsibility of the Government to protect that right and to protect me from busybodies like yourself.
You speak from ignorance and misinformation and while you may have a legal right to visit here to stir up dissension between gay people and homophobes you do not have a moral right to do so.
All that you do here is an abomination, a crime against humanity and you are wholly unconvincing except for convincing us that you are a terrible horrible person who is one airplane short of being a terrorist.
Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
Guess who hates you!
"...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers." That quote fits you quite well. You're in here every day telling people how to think and how not to think by your beliefs of how you think other people should think as you do. Doing that also defines you as a real little dictator in the making.
I on the other hand stated a simple fact that it's not wise to us the Bible to justify homosexuality/SSM because it supports neither. I also stated a simple fact of science 101 that humans born with same sex attractions are an abnormality/unnatural/glitch event as nature does it's best to make as many humans through their DNA to be opposite sex in attraction so the human specie can repopulate and not grow extinct. But you have an issue with those facts which are neither homophobic nor negative towards one being same sex attracted.
By the way, I realize after reading your statements how uninformed you really are at times. Like the lie that all homophobia comes from the Bible. Unfortunately for you which discredits your lie more, most kids today are raised in non-religious environments and are not influenced by Bible scripture who detest homosexuals and or SSM. Most of those kids are driven by an irrational hatred they don't even understand as to why they hate homosexuals and or SSM.
You like to make out right lies and cause dissention just to have something negative to say/do as that is what you're about.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19737 Aug 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone and everyone who claims God wrote the Bible is responsible for the homophobia in the world. There is no such thing as a good Christian. To be a Christian is to be abominable and to bring great harm to other people; a crime against humanity.
Using your pathetic negative twisted reasoning/logic in the above the opposite would then have to be true also according to you. That anyone and everyone who claims God wrote the Bible is responsible for the love and forgiveness in the world. That is your own twisted sense of reasoning/logic. Now what?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19738 Aug 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You twist everything I write. I am saying you are are wrong and you have the right to believe things that are wrong. I question your moral bankruptcy for harassing gays with your lies and mis-information because you enjoy hurting people as does KiMerde.
I am saying that what ever peaceful activity any two consenting adults which to engage in is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
It is your moral bankruptcy that makes you stick your nose into the business of others when it is not wanted.
I am not so much concerned about what you write as that you write it and try to shove it down the throats of gay people who have heard it all before and no longer want to hear it.
Your arrogance is appalling.
I don't twist everything you write. But when you use obvious twisted reasoning/logic to make statements that contain lies or are outright lies filled with deceit and deception, I do reply back to you often using your own twisted sense of reasoning and logic and you don't seem to appreciate me doing that.
Next this thread is about the discussions related to homosexuality and Bible. If you don't like these discussions, vacate the thread would be your solution.
And speaking of shoveing one's opinions down other throats, you should read your above post for an example.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19740 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, the atom was never the smallest particle that existed to science, it was merely the smallest known. There were always smaller particles.
<quoted text>
No dear, because science never published a book claiming it to be the end all be all of information. Only your ridiculous bible does that.
<quoted text>
No, you made an excuse as to why they called it a bird.
<quoted text>
Yes, it is an excuse. Bats have never been birds. Your bible gets things wrong. Sorry you are in denial of that. It got bats wrong, and it got homosexuality wrong.
<quoted text>
No, what is down right pathetically ignorant and stupid is anyone claiming that the bible is some sort of tome of authority.
<quoted text>
It doesn't equate that at all. I'm well aware that the bible is nothing but a bunch of fairy tales. It's you fundies that seem to think it's a book of authority.
<quoted text>
You mean like pretending you know something about homosexuality when in fact your simply a bible thumping idiot? The only one here making an ass of themselves is you dear.
Hindsight makes you a total *ss and all you just posted.

At one time the atom was the smallest discovered particle. Injecting what would later be found in the future to dismiss a fact of that past which didn't yet exist is an idiot's reasoning. That's a fact.
I agree only a fool would claim all one needed to be known about an invisible being that can't be scientifically proven to exist is in a book.
As a fool you claim I made an excuse for why people 2500 years ago thought the bat was a bird. Unfortunately it's your idiocy that won't accept the reasoning for why people 2500 years ago did in fact call the bat a bird. And that isn't an excuse. It's a matter of fact for why they did call a bat a bird. But I understand idiots as yourself think people 2500 years ago should have had our advancement in thinking to know what we know now 2500 years later. But as an idiot with absurd expectations of how you think people should have thought 2500 years ago well, that's your bad.
And you're bad again. Idiocy bad. The Bible isn't mine or I'd be a very rich person if it was. And you're really hung up on this bat thing, just saying.
You can whine and bicker all you want in protest, but the Bible must hold some sort of authority because people allowed it to shape the laws and lives of several types of people on at least two different continents for the last 1800 years. That fact gives it some credibility for some kind of authority, just saying.
And a true judgemental prejudicial bigoted *ss you have made of yourself again in just one post. See, you have no idea of what my sexual orientation is. You have assumed and have made a pathetic *ss and idiot of yourself as usual now.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19742 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, the atom was never the smallest particle that existed to science, it was merely the smallest known. There were always smaller particles.
<quoted text>
No dear, because science never published a book claiming it to be the end all be all of information. Only your ridiculous bible does that.
<quoted text>
No, you made an excuse as to why they called it a bird.
<quoted text>
Yes, it is an excuse. Bats have never been birds. Your bible gets things wrong. Sorry you are in denial of that. It got bats wrong, and it got homosexuality wrong.
<quoted text>
No, what is down right pathetically ignorant and stupid is anyone claiming that the bible is some sort of tome of authority.
<quoted text>
It doesn't equate that at all. I'm well aware that the bible is nothing but a bunch of fairy tales. It's you fundies that seem to think it's a book of authority.
<quoted text>
You mean like pretending you know something about homosexuality when in fact you're simply a bible thumping idiot? The only one here making an ass of themselves is you dear.
Tell it like it is, Jonah.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19743 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your gay twirl doesn't cover the point does it?
Your retort doesn't really say anything, does it?

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#19744 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on a crusade to stop anal abuse.
How about you join the cause as a reformed sphincter muscle abuser?
Think of the good we can do together!
We all know exactly where you pulled that one out of.

Since: Aug 11

Scotts Valley, CA

#19746 Aug 29, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is a non-issue.

GROW UP

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#19747 Aug 29, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between oral sex and anal sex is:
Oral sex makes your day.
Anal sex makes the hole weak.

I love the first with the right woman and I don't care what other consenting adults do with each other.

I always laugh at Christians who condemn homosexuality but happily ignore all the other prohibitions in their book of fairy tales.

Location hidden

#19748 Aug 30, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is a non-issue.
GROW UP
You can justify anything if you keep declaring the things that matter a 'non-issue'.

That is why a couple who is mutually 100% barren demands that children are not a consideration.

That is why a couple who want to equate an intimate relationship demand a inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning behavior not be considered.

Fool.

Location hidden

#19749 Aug 30, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between oral sex and anal sex is:
Oral sex makes your day.
Anal sex makes the hole weak.
I love the first with the right woman and I don't care what other consenting adults do with each other.
I always laugh at Christians who condemn homosexuality but happily ignore all the other prohibitions in their book of fairy tales.
You mean like murder?

Location hidden

#19750 Aug 30, 2013
When the body performs activities that are not in congruence with the beliefs and logic of the brain, conflict is created and with each repetition of the act, self-esteem of the person is reduced."

Angelo explains that because men behave differently than women, the brain is taught to accept as valid all behaviors that are associated with masculinity and strength. The moment that the brain receives messages that are NOT congruent with the definition of masculinity - the person gets confused.

Aggressive or "pushy" bottoms are an example of this confusion. Those are gay men who succeeded in business and show masculinity in day-to-day life, but in the bedroom - end up engaging in receptive anal intercourse.

"The worse part about this destruction of self-esteem is that it's on the subconscious level. A person will not feel anything during the act. And the pleasure derived from the act will override the logic necessary to correct the behavior. In addition, there is a delay between the act of anal intercourse and the reduction of self-esteem of the person" says Angelo.

"If you were to put all gay men together in a big warehouse and place the 'bottoms' on the left and the 'tops' on the right, you'd start seeing negative consequences of the anal sex play out in real life for the bottoms such as: disrespect for their general health, failure at work, failure in love and relationships." says Angelo.

"I am not saying that every gay man should stop anal intercourse today. What I recommend is that gay men re-think the "Gay-Lifestyle" strategy and stop for one second to question the validity of all that is gay" says Angelo

“RAINBOW POWER!”

I Am What I Am.

#19751 Aug 30, 2013
[QUOTE who="KiMare, quoting some idiot named Angelo"]
"If you were to put all gay men together in a big warehouse and place the 'bottoms' on the left and the 'tops' on the right,...[/QUOTE]

We would desperately try to escape, all the while wondering when the gas is going to be turned on.

[QUOTE who="KiMare, quoting again"]What I recommend is that gay men re-think the "Gay-Lifestyle" strategy and stop for one second to question the validity of all that is gay" says Angelo[/QUOTE]

Most LGBT people spend a good chunk of our lives doing just that, because bigots like you keep trying to tell us that there's something wrong with us.

Fvck you.

Location hidden

#19752 Aug 30, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
We would desperately try to escape, all the while wondering when the gas is going to be turned on.
<quoted text>
Most LGBT people spend a good chunk of our lives doing just that, because bigots like you keep trying to tell us that there's something wrong with us.
Fvck you.
Angelo is a gay. I referenced the article yesterday where he notes that Anal sex is demeaning.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19753 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Angelo is a gay. I referenced the article yesterday where he notes that Anal sex is demeaning.
Angelo is a gay with a personal opinion and an agenda. Saying "he's a gay" does not automatically give him more credibility.

I can assure you that his remarks, like yours, carry no authority.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#19754 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like murder?
That's one but there are others.

Adultery - Leviticus 20:10-12
Eating fat - Leviticus 3:17
Eating pork - Leviticus 11:7-8
Eating shellfish - Deuteronomy 14:9-10
Cross-dressing - Deuteronomy 22:5
Working on the Sabbath - Exodus 20:10
Planting more than one kind of seed in a field - Leviticus 19:19
Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of cloth - Leviticus 19:19
Cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping of the edges of your beard - Leviticus 19:27
Tattoos - Leviticus 19:28
Cursing your parents - Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
Screwing a woman during menstruation - Leviticus 20:18
For women, speaking in church - 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

Homosexuality is an abnormality that affects about 2% of populations but it does not cause the same harm to outsiders as passive smoking does.

Why should anyone care if a few men want to ride the Hershey highway?

Location hidden

#19755 Aug 30, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one but there are others.
Adultery - Leviticus 20:10-12
Eating fat - Leviticus 3:17
Eating pork - Leviticus 11:7-8
Eating shellfish - Deuteronomy 14:9-10
Cross-dressing - Deuteronomy 22:5
Working on the Sabbath - Exodus 20:10
Planting more than one kind of seed in a field - Leviticus 19:19
Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of cloth - Leviticus 19:19
Cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping of the edges of your beard - Leviticus 19:27
Tattoos - Leviticus 19:28
Cursing your parents - Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
Screwing a woman during menstruation - Leviticus 20:18
For women, speaking in church - 1 Corinthians 14:34-35
Homosexuality is an abnormality that affects about 2% of populations but it does not cause the same harm to outsiders as passive smoking does.
Why should anyone care if a few men want to ride the Hershey highway?
I simply noted that you selectively choose also.

Homosexuality is a sexual defect, not a sin. Anal sex is wrong.

SS marriage is an oxymoron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 13 min NorCal Native 2,784
Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) 19 min Swedenforever 40
It's Wednesday - Let's Discuss NE Jade 20 min Maurice 5
Why (R1) Righteous One is a POS (Dec '12) 24 min Righteous123 70
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 35 min Respect71 5,255
Gay veterans get OK for Boston's St. Patrick's ... 47 min Cordwainer Trout 14
How 2014 Was the Beginning of the End for the G... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 8
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 4,936
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr Brian_G 4,273