Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 29,196

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#19710 Aug 29, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey queer how many d!cks did you suck at the glory-hole last night?
I see you have heard of the un-rev allen and his many dirty socks.LOL

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#19711 Aug 29, 2013
"A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who utters lies will perish" (Prov. 19:9 RSV) or "not escape" (Prov. 19:5 RSV).

All of our resident Topix Pew Warmers are still here, none have perished, more proof the Bible is full of lies and can not be trusted.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#19712 Aug 29, 2013
John 3:13 Jesus falsely stated: "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

This verse is not only inaccurate historically as 2 Kings 2:11 shows: 2 Kings 2:11"...behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." but also absurd on its face. If the son of man (Jesus) is down here on earth speaking then how could he be in heaven.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#19713 Aug 29, 2013
And in Matthew 27:46 Jesus cried with a loud voice say: " Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

How could Jesus be Savior of all mankind when he couldn't even save himself. These aren't the words of a man who went to the Cross willingly to die for our sins. These are the words of a man who could think of a hundred places he would rather be. They certainly the words of someone who has the situation under control.

These examples of Jesus' duplicity represent only a fraction of the 193 that could have been presented The New Testament provides more than enough evidence to demonstrate Jesus' inability to provide a reliable beacon to lighten the way to truth and honesty, to claim the Messiah-ship. As Thomas Paine said: "The priests of the present day profess to believe it (the story of Christ). They gain their living by it, and they exclaim against something they call infidelity. I will define what it (infidelity) is. HE THAT BELIEVES IN THE STORY OF CHRIST IS AN INFIDEL TO GOD." (The Life and Works of Thomas Paine, Vol 9, page 292)

Jesus is not perfection incarnate. As Robert Ingersoll once said: "The theological Christ is the impossible union of the human and divine-man with the attributes of God and God with the weakness of man."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#19715 Aug 29, 2013
Name one Christian who would do any of the following:

First, a true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)

John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Clearly all Christians hate Jesus.
maria

Lima, Peru

#19716 Aug 29, 2013
Reverend Alan:to which Christian sect do you belong?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#19717 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Then why are you so obsessed with it? You're the only one talking about it jackass.

Location hidden

#19718 Aug 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
At one time the atom was the smallest particle that existed to science.
No dear, the atom was never the smallest particle that existed to science, it was merely the smallest known. There were always smaller particles.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Shall we approach that topic the way you have approached people calling a bat a bird 2500 years ago? Are you that pathetically ignorant?
No dear, because science never published a book claiming it to be the end all be all of information. Only your ridiculous bible does that.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I explained why they called it a bird.
No, you made an excuse as to why they called it a bird.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
It had wings and flew like a bird. To them 2500 years ago that made it a bird. There is no excuse in what I stated.
Yes, it is an excuse. Bats have never been birds. Your bible gets things wrong. Sorry you are in denial of that. It got bats wrong, and it got homosexuality wrong.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
But what is down right pathetically ignorant and stupid, is your insinuating that 2500 years ago people should have known that the bat wasn't a bird.
No, what is down right pathetically ignorant and stupid is anyone claiming that the bible is some sort of tome of authority.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
That equates to you thinking people shouldn't have thought the earth was flat, or that they shouldn't have thought they were the center of the universe.
It doesn't equate that at all. I'm well aware that the bible is nothing but a bunch of fairy tales. It's you fundies that seem to think it's a book of authority.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Hindsight is great but don't allow it to make an *ss of yourself as you have let it be done to yourself, just saying :)
You mean like pretending you know something about homosexuality when in fact your simply a bible thumping idiot? The only one here making an ass of themselves is you dear.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19719 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you so obsessed with it? You're the only one talking about it jackass.
I'm on a crusade to stop anal abuse.

How about you join the cause as a reformed sphincter muscle abuser?

Think of the good we can do together!
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#19722 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is just a lie. Rules for radicals I believe.
Problem the only ones osessing about anal sex is the very community who is forced to do it. That would be you and yours pervert.
Single out, marginalize and attack-----Saul would be proud of you comrade
The AssTroll Stopper

Brooklyn, NY

#19723 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>Then why are you so obsessed with it? You're the only one talking about it jackass.
Do you like taking a d!ck up your a:ss???
The AssTroll Stopper

Brooklyn, NY

#19724 Aug 29, 2013
maria wrote:
Rev. Fagg@t is no Christian.
The AssTroll Stopper

Brooklyn, NY

#19725 Aug 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
John 3:13 Jesus falsely stated: "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

This verse is not only inaccurate historically as 2 Kings 2:11 shows: 2 Kings 2:11"...behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." but also absurd on its face. If the son of man (Jesus) is down here on earth speaking then how could he be in heaven.
Quit spewing your BS, you piece of worthless sh!t. By the way Queer, stay away from the little boys tonight.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#19726 Aug 29, 2013
maria wrote:
I am not now, nor have I ever been a Christian, therefore I do not belong to any of the 33,000 christian sects. I became a 'card carrying' Reverend in 1967, it cost me $1.00. I was always amazed and appalled by the 'foaming at the mouth' Christian preachers who feel their homophobia comes from the God they invented in their own image.

Mostly I could not understand their extreme interested in what my gay cousin did in bed and I really hated them passing out little Bible tracks to try and make my cousin feel bad that he liked boys instead of girls.

So I joined the Biblical Errancy Panel which has collected many of the problems found in the Bible. I enjoy showing Christians their biblical ignorance and how their assertions are nothing more than a bad opinion.

I had been an atheist all my life until just recently when I moved on to become an anti-theist.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#19727 Aug 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one appointed your sorry ass to make new rules. Homosexuality and same sex marriage do not need to be justified, especially to a pathetic God hater like yourself and KiMerde.
1 Peter 4:15 KJV, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."
lol...you get funnier and funnier. You a non-believer schooling others in the beliefs of a god? How typically hypocritical of you as usual.
By the way for your present ignorance of what you just stated that you're clueless of, homosexuality WAS IN FACT JUSTIFIED as NORMAL by the APA. That justification by the shrink gould is what justified state legislators to begin to make laws FOR homosexuality instead of justifying reasons for making laws against homosexuals as had been previously done.
Get another clue oh clueless one, this thread is about Homosexuality and the Bible...fricking what a goof...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19728 Aug 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading Bible quotes that disqualify the Bible and everything you have always believed make you itch. You need to grow up a bit before you take on someone like myself who actually knows something about the Bible.
Again that's funny you claim to know the Bible. Oh you know the Bible alright, you know the Bible from a negative rip it apart I hate the fricking thing prejudiced viewpoint, that I will agree with :)
But you don't know anything of the Bible from an open inquiring non-prejudicial examine the four 'w's' of it in an intelligent manner.
If someone wants to be a prejudicial negative hating anti-Bible critic you're the dude to see alright. But you can try and convince me I'm wrong :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19729 Aug 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever wrote the Bible was pathetically ignorant as are you for defending the worlds most stupid book. Any book that says the bat is a bird, homosexuality is wrong, a woman turned into a pillar of salt (Gen. 19:26), the sun went backward 10 degrees on the sundial (2 Kings 20:11), and quails came from the sea (Num. 11:31) is going to have great difficulty demonstrating its scientific precision to any reasonably scientific mind.
Whoever wrote the Bible? That was an ignorant statement from someone claiming to know the Bible. That statement called yourself a liar that you claim to know the Bible. There is no 'whoever' and never has been a 'whoever' that wrote the Bible. The Bible is a compilation of many books by many authors. And each Bible printed was put together by many individuals.
Plus the fact that you think 2500 years ago people should have known what men of science declared in the 17th century that the flying animal we call a bat we don't call a bird, that you declare they should have known what we believe now reveals your true idiocy and pathetic stupidity of thought.
In many, many instances you cannot nor will you ever be able to compare what we know now to how ancient people believed. Impossible and plain out right stupid to do.
The bat was the size of a small bird and it flew like a bird at night and sometimes in the day. Thus ancient people called it a bird. If you can't comprehend that information well so be it.

Location hidden

#19730 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on a crusade to stop anal abuse.
Well, that just makes you creepier then previously imagined. Especially given that their is absolutely no research that supports your made up nonsense about anal sex. The fact that you are thinking about other people's sex is sad and disgusting. You should consider speaking to therapist, and having your meds upped.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you join the cause as a reformed sphincter muscle abuser?
You're creepy.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of the good we can do together!
I have no desire to consider who is having anal sex and who isn't. Only pathetic weirdo's would be doing this.

Location hidden

#19731 Aug 29, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you like taking a d!ck up your a:ss???
Like I said. Only weirdos spend time thinking about and talking about the sex that other people have.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#19732 Aug 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."
This is really humorous, a non-believer trying to teach/correct people about the Bible...to funny dude...
I have stated in other threads I believe in God. I have my personal reasons for my belief as you have personal reasons not to believe. But I haven't stated my opinion of the Bible. But I will for you.
The Books of the Bible have been penned by many different authors. And nearly each book is having older copies found of it by a different author. So though the authors change, the context of each book largely remains the same. The periods of when the books were 'supposededly' originally written, pieces of the past are being dug up with each passing year to validate things mentioned in these books of those time periods. The books of the Bible have mentioned people, places, geography that at one time were unknown and now those things mentioned have been found to have existed.
But the books of the Bible are written by humans. And humans make non-purposeful and purposeful mistakes when copying. So yes I know the Bible contains it's share of problems, errors, mistakes and highly questionable writings.
Need to know anything else?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 2 min Hector 3,129
Mormon Churcha s shift on gay rights follows se... 2 min Abrahammock Relig... 7
Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage wo... 7 min Abrahammock Relig... 63
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 7 min Hector 68,873
Cumberbatch Calls For Pardons For Gay Men 8 min Abrahammock Relig... 25
Va. to pay $520K to lawyers in same-sex marriag... 10 min Abrahammock Relig... 15
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 14 min Abrahammock Relig... 8,815
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 52 min hetero Violation 57,250
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 5 hr Dab 6,350
More from around the web