Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 35861 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#19691 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Your gay twirl doesn't cover the point does it?
I'm illustrating the fact that there's plenty of symbolism in the Universe that gives spiritual meaning to same-sex marriage, not just mixed-sex marriage.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19692 Aug 29, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm illustrating the fact that there's plenty of symbolism in the Universe that gives spiritual meaning to same-sex marriage, not just mixed-sex marriage.
And I pointed out the fact that SS couple symbolism. Cannot measure up to marriage symbolism. In fact, it only exposes the utter failure of equating the two.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#19693 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In the end,...[unconvincing assertions snipped]
"(God) executes justice for the oppressed (and) gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free. The Lord opens the eyes of the blind, the Lord raises up those who are bowed down; The Lord loves the righteous; The Lord protects the strangers; He supports the fatherless and the widow, But he thwarts the way of the wicked" (Psalm 146:7-9)

"He heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds" (Psalm 147:3)

"The Lord lifts up the downtrodden, he casts the wicked to the ground" (Psalm 147:6) and

"O Lord, who is like thee, thou who deliverest the weak from him who is too strong for him, the weak and needy from him who despoils him?" (Psalm 35:10) and

"call upon me (God) in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee..." (Psalm 50:15).

The number of oppressed, starving, blind, crippled, and fatherless people who could testify to the inaccuracy of these comments is almost limitless. Millions of sufferers have never experienced relief.

And yet KiMerde continues to believe in and trust a book with these lies in it. What other lies does the Bible tells us?

Location hidden

#19694 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I always and simply post reality.
Your baseless wholly unconvincing assertions are not reality. You divorced yourself from reality the day you became a Christian and turned it into Christ-insanity.

More lies from KiMerdes Bible:

"Does not calamity befall the unrighteous, and disaster the workers of iniquity?" (Job 31:3 RSV)

"The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy" (Psalm 145:20)

"The Lord is righteous: he hath cut asunder the cords of the wicked" (Psalm 129:4)

"The violence of the wicked will sweep them away because they refuse to do what is just" (Prov. 21:7 RSV)

"it will not be well with the wicked, neither will he prolong his days like a shadow, because he does not fear before God" (Eccle. 8:13 RSV)

"There is no peace saith the Lord, unto the wicked" (Isa. 48:22).

Who would not desire a world in which the worst received their due; but justice is not written on the wind, only in the acts of men. We are told "the fear of the Lord prolongs life, but the years of the wicked will be short" (Prov. 10:22) and "bloodthirsty, deceitful men will not live out half their days" (Psalm 55:23 NIV). Unfortunately, all too often the wicked seem to live forever. We are told that "if the wicked's children be multiplied, it is for the sword: and his offspring shall not be satisfied with bread" (Job 27:14).

Yet, in many cases they are the last to see combat and the first to be fed. The just are deceptively told that "though the wicked heap up silver as the dust, and prepare raiment as the clay; he may prepare it, but the just shall put it on, and the innocent shall divide the silver" (Job 27:16-17).

If only this were true! And we are told "the face of the Lord is against evildoers, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth" (Psalm 34:16), when Hitler and Al Capone will be remembered long after most of us have come and gone.

Location hidden

#19695 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why the nastiness? I've got you by the balls and I'm not even gay.

In some verses the righteous are assured aid will be forthcoming. "When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken" (Psalm 34:17-20 RSV) and "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall" (Psalm 55:22 NIV) and "...Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in his commandments: His descendants will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed" (Psalm 112:1-2 RSV) and "The fear of the Lord leads to life; and he who has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm" (Prov. 19:23 RSV) and "...we receive from him whatever we ask, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him" (1 John 3:22). In truth, anyone reasonably well acquainted with the world situation knows better. Cemeteries are filled with righteous people who lived in hope to the bitter end.

Location hidden

#19696 Aug 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
No nastiness here, only married reality. Apparently, you take offence to the reality of my marriage and the fallacy of your own.
I believe what offends KiMerde the most is that he is used to saying something and having everyone believe him with out question because he was the Con-Artist at the front of the church and all the Pew Warmers ever said to him was amen. He likes that.

But when someone questions his baseless wholly unconvincing assertions and points out the truth that they are just his stupid opinions he gets mean.

In many instances punishment of the wicked is directly linked to justice for the righteous: "The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked" (Prov. 10:3 RSV) and "The righteous will never be uprooted, but the wicked will not remain in the land" (Prov. 10:30 NIV) and "He who is steadfast in righteous will live, but he who pursues evil will die" (Prov. 11:19 RSV) and "If the righteous is required on earth, how much more the wicked and sinner!" (Prov. 11:31 RSV) and "O fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have not want! The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing" (Psalm 34:9-10 RSV) and "Trust in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it" (Psalm 37:3-5 NASB). Again, one need only observe life to see that precisely the opposite is often the case. The righteous starve, are uprooted, die early, receive no relief on earth, and are plagued with ills; while the wicked often satisfy their cravings, live long, receive little punishment, and have fewer troubles than most. The Bible, itself, provides a good example. "And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an unright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?...So went Satan forthi from the presence of the Lord and smote Job with more boils from the the side of his foot unto his crown" (Job 2:37). No ill befalls the righteous and they are requited on earth? Job would probably consider this rather humorous.

Location hidden

#19698 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
[blah blah blah snipped]

"If they (kings) hear and serve Him, They shall end their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures, But if they do not hear, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge" (Job 36:11-12 NASB) and "A ruler who lacks understanding is a cruel oppressor, but he who hates unjust gain will prolong his days" (Prov. 28:16 RSV). There are far too many exceptions to these maxims to give them credence. Indeed, many of the best rulers have had the shortest, most tragic, lives.

Location hidden

#19700 Aug 29, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea. A rare one for sure. lol
Here are some more lies from that nasty mean hate filled KiMerde's Bible:

"Is any among you afflicted? let him pray...Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him anointing him with oil...and the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up..." (James 5:13-15).

Any book that claims the prayer of faith saves the sick is not a book we can trust to tell us about homosexuality.

Location hidden

#19701 Aug 29, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all very true, about what the Bible says. Now, here's a bit of Aussie humour for y'all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IJy2WaxtPBQXX
That was absolutely brilliant and extremely funny. Rarely do we find something so accurate and truthful as that in America, everyone is afraid of what the Christians might do to get even. But that is changing as people like KiMerde are being exposed for being raving loon con-artists.

I particularly enjoyed that because it shows how selective the American Christian is. Stoning your unruly son for instance was for people a long time ago, but rules against homosexuality are for ever. And still the Christians want to be taken seriously when they lie like this all day long.

This video clearly proves that Christians are insane, ignorant, deceptive, dishonest and deceitful. I would have to say that is a pretty good description of KiMerde.

Here are some more lies from the Bible:

"Blessed is he who considers the poor! The Lord delivers him in the day of trouble; the Lord protects him and keeps him alive.... The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness thou healest all his infirmities" (Psalm 41:1-3). This isn't any more accurate than that promised the righteous. It should be; but it isn't.

Location hidden

#19702 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your gay twirl doesn't cover the point does it?
"The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked" (Prov. 10:3 RSV) and "The righteous will never be uprooted, but the wicked will not remain in the land" (Prov. 10:30 NIV)

verses

Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."

Why does God tell us he will not let the righteous go hungry and that they will never be uprooted when he also tells us there are no righteous?

Location hidden

#19703 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to stop anything, I just point out undeniable differences between ss couples and marriage.
And Hitler was just doing what Jesus failed to do 2,000 years earlier.

And I just point out the undeniable contradictions in Scripture:

Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."

Versus

Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."

The God who doesn't repent sure does a lot of repenting. One has to be extremely stupid and delusional to trust the Bible to tell him about anything.

Location hidden

#19704 Aug 29, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are doing a good job of it too!

I wonder what KiMerdes position is on Same-religion marriages? When two people of the same religion get married is it a real marriage? What about if two people of the same height get married? What if they are of the same race? Or nationality? Should two people of the same eye color be allowed to get married?

I can find a lot of good reasons to prohibit two people of the same religion from getting married.

Location hidden

#19705 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And I pointed out the fact ...[alleged "fact" snipped]
The only fact is that your Bible is, as are your assertions, wholly unconvincing.

More proof the Bible is full of lies and KiMare has no authority:

"But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath; they cry not when he bindeth them. They die in youth, and their life is among the unclean" (Job 36:13-14).

You didn't die in your youth did you KiMare. You are living proof that the Bible is full of lies and can not be trusted.

Location hidden

#19707 Aug 29, 2013
"Such are the ways of all who get gain by violence; it takes away the life of its possessosrs" (Prov. 1:19).

That somehow destiny is going to punish wrong-doers is a forlorn hope of biblicists. They just can't believe fate is not going to solve their problems, that they have to create their own remedies.

Location hidden

#19708 Aug 29, 2013
One of the most important concepts in Christianity is original sin or the belief that all mankind has inherited a sinful nature brought about by the acts of Adam and Eve.

Rom. 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"
Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,..."
1Cor. 15:22 "For as in Adam all die,..."

Yet, no amount of theological reasoning can make an inherently unjust idea seem right. Punishing billions of people for the acts of one is not only inherently unfair and unwarranted but also in opposition to other Biblical verses such as:

Deut. 24:16 "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers.
2 Chron.25:54, "...:every man shall be put to death for his own sin."
2 Kings 14:6, "wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

Ezek. 18:20 "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bearthe iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."

Ezek.33:20 "O ye house of Israel,I will judge you every one after his ways."

Jer. 31:29-30 "In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge."

Rom. 2:6 "Who will render to every man according to his deeds."

Ezek. 18:4 "... the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Each of these verses shows that every person should only be punished for those sins which he commits, not those of others.

Original sin makes about as much sense as if I were sitting at home one evening and the following occurred. The police came to my door and stated I was under arrest because my father in Europe just shot and killed someone. I responded by asking what that had to do with me and they said, "He's your father isn't he?"
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19710 Aug 29, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey queer how many d!cks did you suck at the glory-hole last night?
I see you have heard of the un-rev allen and his many dirty socks.LOL

Location hidden

#19711 Aug 29, 2013
"A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who utters lies will perish" (Prov. 19:9 RSV) or "not escape" (Prov. 19:5 RSV).

All of our resident Topix Pew Warmers are still here, none have perished, more proof the Bible is full of lies and can not be trusted.

Location hidden

#19712 Aug 29, 2013
John 3:13 Jesus falsely stated: "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

This verse is not only inaccurate historically as 2 Kings 2:11 shows: 2 Kings 2:11"...behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." but also absurd on its face. If the son of man (Jesus) is down here on earth speaking then how could he be in heaven.

Location hidden

#19713 Aug 29, 2013
And in Matthew 27:46 Jesus cried with a loud voice say: " Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

How could Jesus be Savior of all mankind when he couldn't even save himself. These aren't the words of a man who went to the Cross willingly to die for our sins. These are the words of a man who could think of a hundred places he would rather be. They certainly the words of someone who has the situation under control.

These examples of Jesus' duplicity represent only a fraction of the 193 that could have been presented The New Testament provides more than enough evidence to demonstrate Jesus' inability to provide a reliable beacon to lighten the way to truth and honesty, to claim the Messiah-ship. As Thomas Paine said: "The priests of the present day profess to believe it (the story of Christ). They gain their living by it, and they exclaim against something they call infidelity. I will define what it (infidelity) is. HE THAT BELIEVES IN THE STORY OF CHRIST IS AN INFIDEL TO GOD." (The Life and Works of Thomas Paine, Vol 9, page 292)

Jesus is not perfection incarnate. As Robert Ingersoll once said: "The theological Christ is the impossible union of the human and divine-man with the attributes of God and God with the weakness of man."

Location hidden

#19715 Aug 29, 2013
Name one Christian who would do any of the following:

First, a true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)

John 14:15 KJV, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Clearly all Christians hate Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Rose_NoHo 34,750
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 4 min Ronald 2,964
News Mississippi Governor Signs Law Allowing Busines... 12 min Time again 414
News Oregon Christian Bakers Wedding Cake Case Going... 13 min PauldenZangpo0521 25
News Puerto Rico won't make $370 million in debt pay... 39 min Old Dixiecrat 8
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 1 hr pcloadletter 60
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr barry 4,065
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 6 hr June VanDerMark 9,864
More from around the web