Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36055 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19424 Aug 22, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Upon review of scripture, it seems that this definition is also fairly good for how Jesus regarded many of the Pharisees.
Read the definition for who is not normal.
queer adjective \&#712;kwir\
1a : worthless, counterfeit <queer money> b : questionable, suspicious
2a : differing in some odd way from what is usual or normal b (1): eccentric, unconventional (2): mildly insane : touched c : absorbed or interested to an extreme or unreasonable degree : obsessed d (1) often disparaging : homosexual (2) sometimes offensive : gay 4b
3: not quite right

Read it again pervert and try to get some original something to post of your own.
Geez what a sissy you are.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19425 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
At the end of the day, SS couples are still only a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage. At the most.
Well,..... LMAO!!!!.... You pompous loaf-puddle of bovine chaw.

What are they at the least?

Children of the Lord God?

Location hidden

#19426 Aug 22, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the definition for who is not normal.
queer adjective \&#712;kwir\
1a : worthless, counterfeit <queer money> b : questionable, suspicious
2a : differing in some odd way from what is usual or normal b (1): eccentric, unconventional (2): mildly insane : touched c : absorbed or interested to an extreme or unreasonable degree : obsessed d (1) often disparaging : homosexual (2) sometimes offensive : gay 4b
3: not quite right
Read it again pervert and try to get some original something to post of your own.
Geez what a sissy you are.
LOL!!!....

You quoted a dictionary? Was that getting something original of your own?

Man, you are pawn-star dense, having already traded-off and hocked nearly everything of value that the Lord first gave you.

"Then he called the crowd again and said to them, "Listen to me, all of you, and understand: there is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but the things that come out are what defile."
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19427 Aug 22, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
You quoted a dictionary? Was that getting something original of your own?
Man, you are pawn-star dense, having already traded-off and hocked nearly everything of value that the Lord first gave you.
"Then he called the crowd again and said to them, "Listen to me, all of you, and understand: there is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but the things that come out are what defile."
If you weren't repeating half of what I post you would have no posts.
I don't mind you going to the dictionary but please do it yourself.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19428 Aug 22, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
OK I will not stand by and listen to you talk about sel's posts!
Nope won't do it.
A "bovine chaw?---you owe sel an apology at the very least.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19429 Aug 22, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
What are they at the least?
Children of the Lord God?
Hardly.

They would not be attempting to desecrate marriage.

Like you, they are of their father the Devil.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19430 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
Very good responce to an idiot's post.
All this because if they can't have marriage they don't want anyone to have marriage.
Marriage means nothing more than benifits to these people-ask them.

Location hidden

#19431 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly.
Wrong again.

Missed me.

Since: Apr 13

Pittsburgh, PA

#19432 Aug 22, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus belittles himself:
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple.
you've obviously got an agenda here. You lack spiritual enlightenment.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#19433 Aug 22, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
Marriage means nothing more than benifits to these people-ask them.
Well, we're certainly not going to say we want the drawbacks of marriage, though we accept those as a given. When we speak of benefits, we aren't only talking about the financial ones, which is probably what you mean. There are plenty of intangible benefits as well.

Since: Aug 13

Caloundra, Australia

#19435 Aug 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just curious about your thoughts. I think it is an accurate observation and the most important question we face personally in life. I have tried to u deed rand and evaluate every belief system regarding it.
Nothing really to understand, I don't believe we have time or desire these days to have the dogma and religious riot act read to us. We must make up our own minds. Yes some people crave the organised religions, the rules and regulations. They are free to do so. Just don't expect me to join you. Peace my friend, that's important; not Leviticus.

Location hidden

#19436 Aug 23, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we're certainly not going to say we want the drawbacks of marriage, though we accept those as a given. When we speak of benefits, we aren't only talking about the financial ones, which is probably what you mean. There are plenty of intangible benefits as well.
I'm sorry to inform you that a piece of paper fraudulently obtained won't garnish the ability to procreate, have normal, natural, healthy sex or create the unique reunion of a diverse gendered couple.

And those are just three MAJOR differences between ss couples and marriage.

Maybe if the SCOTUS decision is unanimous those things will change???

Location hidden

#19437 Aug 23, 2013
magistratti wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing really to understand, I don't believe we have time or desire these days to have the dogma and religious riot act read to us. We must make up our own minds. Yes some people crave the organised religions, the rules and regulations. They are free to do so. Just don't expect me to join you. Peace my friend, that's important; not Leviticus.
I think the vast experience of the past has much to offer us. Well worth the time.

Your comments about religion also confirm that you really don't understand the Judeo/Christian belief system. I'm not saying that to be demeaning or offensive.

Here is how I frame the issue;

-Man is inherently depraved.
-How do we fix that?
-Most belief systems promote self-help, the rest deny the depravity.
-Only a extreme few suggest any alternatives.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19438 Aug 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
At the end of the day, SS couples are still only a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage. At the most.
At the end of the day, you're the only person making that distinction, KiMerde.

Location hidden

#19439 Aug 23, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie.

Even if that were the case, it doesn't change the facts I state.

Your relationship clearly does not equal marriage in the real sense.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19440 Aug 23, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
None of which is true love.
No for your type it is making a point and rubbing it in everyone's face.
What a perverted union
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#19441 Aug 23, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly the only person pervert.

Location hidden

#19442 Aug 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie.
Even if that were the case, it doesn't change the facts I state.
Your relationship clearly does not equal marriage in the real sense.
Oh, I think he was probably referring to people active in this conversational thread.

Obviously there are plenty of people, yourself included, who continue to discriminate against and segregate against G/L/B/T people. That goes especially for non-heterosexuals seeking to become a legally and spiritually married couple.

Because these individuals are who they are and they do not fit into your imaginary ideals or iconic forms, you say they are undeserving of the rights and privileges legally conferred upon other couples whom the state does agree to recognize. That is, very simply, discrimination under the Constitution.

Eventually, state recognition of same-sex marriage will be legally seen as normal and deserved by most states and their general population.

Spiritual recognition is another matter. However, it is not that different from Constitutional recognition.

The plain facts are that, yes, there are couples who do meet the criteria for being judged as fitting the iconic ideal. But, there are also couples who, physically, are among those who fit the ideal, but who are not psychically evident as classically respectfully male and female. So, because of personality structure and resultant behavioral role modeling, do these remain within the bounds of the icon?

No. They do not. Yet, because of their physicality, they are allowed to marry. And, under your criteria, would be recognized as married.

In essence, the question is whether marriage is first and foremost, a spiritual union. The answer is that such determination is actually a subjective judgment that can only be honestly and trustfully made by the participants in the union.

The priest, if he or she or heshe has spiritual sight and truly God-given discernment, can conduct a fitting ritual, providing the Blessing of the Holy Spirit in order to seal the union of two who actually demonstrate the proper love, trust and commitment and simultaneously officiate over the state-endorsed recognition.

Your question revolves around whether or not such recognition is a "Judeo-Christian" construct in keeping with what you recognize as the inviolable edict of Holy Scripture.

You assert that it is not, nor can be. In so doing, you are attempting to limit conduct in the Spirit, based upon YOUR interpretation of parameters set by scripture and tradition.

However, Christ Jesus is not reported to have limited the sacramental ritual and spiritual blessing of marriage only to those who fit an iconic ideal. He IS reported to have cited the union of a male to a female as the natural basis for the sacerdotal and cultural ritual and that such Blessed union is not to be interfered with. Hence, divorce is regarded as a moral and spiritual failure.

But, it is not a failure from which one or another cannot recover. Furthermore, there are break-ups in which one party to the union is not at fault. The "no-fault" agreement and decree is, therefore, a method of preserving personal wealth and a putting aside of parasitic results.

However, His reported statement can also be construed to mean that a marriage can be nullified by God, who having once put together, is able to subsequently take apart. This is the basis for spiritual annulment and divorce. Put simply, shit happens; and sometimes divorce is the very most reasonable course of action for the benefit of the parties, especially children or a spouse in an abusive situation.

It is a part of spiritual reality that the Word, Fiat, in the Spirit, is granted to the priest or pastor for the purpose of delivering and providing a conduit for the Holy Spirit. This is what Jesus gave to His disciples, saying, "Whatever is bound in the Spirit is also bound in earth."

We will Bless these unions.

Rev. Ken

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#19443 Aug 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
What about different-sex couples who are "mutually sterile?" Are they like three fourths of a marriage?

Location hidden

#19444 Aug 23, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
What about different-sex couples who are "mutually sterile?" Are they like three fourths of a marriage?
They usually are just sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hyper sensitive gay posters 23 min Frankie Rizzo 14
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 38 min cpeter1313 51,438
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals shea s... 1 hr nomo 12
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Cue Ball 26,389
News Poll: Younger Republicans more liberal on immig... 1 hr Tommy T 5
News Nikki Haley and her son heckled during NYC gay ... 2 hr Tommy T 9
News New York's highest court welcomes first openly ... 2 hr Tommy T 5
News California AG bans state travel to Texas, 3 oth... 2 hr Rose_NoHo 80
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 2 hr TNT 69,548
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 hr Frindly 6,885
More from around the web