Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36036 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19374 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Morning Rosie,
PMS acting up again?
Makes it hard to diet, huh.
I'm sorry.
Each and every post you make is a blessing for LGBT equality. Like Westboro, you do far more to promote equality than you'll ever imagine.

Secret hidden agenda, perhaps?

Secret smile, G.D.K.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19375 Aug 22, 2013
magistratti wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to explain it, It is what it is. It's man made. Is there a solution? I suggest these things run there course and implode ( or explode) whenever nature decrees. I don't want an argument, I merely said I believe in something, just not what the bible thumpers would have me do.
I was just curious about your thoughts. I think it is an accurate observation and the most important question we face personally in life. I have tried to u deed rand and evaluate every belief system regarding it.

Location hidden

#19376 Aug 22, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Each and every post you make is a blessing for LGBT equality. Like Westboro, you do far more to promote equality than you'll ever imagine.
Secret hidden agenda, perhaps?
Secret smile, G.D.K.
PMS acting up too today?

I'm a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.

Location hidden

#19377 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just curious about your thoughts. I think it is an accurate observation and the most important question we face personally in life. I have tried to u deed rand and evaluate every belief system regarding it.
Should read: I have tried to understand...

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19378 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Should read: I have tried to understand...
Just keep patching the gaping holes Snyper's volley left in your boatload of feces theses and favorite biased surveys.

But, work fast, because you are still sinking.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#19379 Aug 22, 2013
george wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up alan, my posts are really not for you
There is no rule book, therefore there are no rules against homosexuality.

Location hidden

#19383 Aug 22, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
When you lie with a same sex partner son you are a preversion.
I have proven both so you see little guy it is you with nothing but perverted opinion.
If biblicists are going to quote Old Law with respect to executing homosexuals, then why don't they quote verses which prescribe the death penalty for a wide variety of acts other than murder? All of the following warrant execution:

•(a) striking your father or mother (Ex.21:15);
•(b) kidnapping (Ex. 21:6 RSV);
•(c) cursing your father or mother (Ex. 21:17 RSV, Lev. 20:9);
•(d) touching a mountain (Ex. 19:12 RSV);
•(e) allowing your ox to gore someone (Ex. 21:29);
•(f) lying with a beast (Ex. 22:19) RSV, Lev. 20:15-16);
•(g) sacrificing to other gods (Ex. 22:20 RSV);
•(h) failing to observe the Sabbath (Ex. 31:14-15);
•(i) drinking strong drinks while in the tabernacle (Lev. 10:9);
•(j) committing adultery (Lev. 20:10 RSV, Deut. 22:22);
•(k) lying with your father's wife (Lev. 20:11 RSV);
•(l) lying with your daughter-in-law (Lev. 20:12 RSV);
•(m) committing homosexual acts (Lev. 20:13 RSV);
•(n) being a medium or a wizard (Lev. 20:27 RSV);
•(o) being a witch (Ex. 22:18);
•(p) being a priest's daughter and becoming a whore (Lev. 21:9 RSV);
•(q) Blaspheming the name of the Lord (Lev. 24:16);
•(r) cursing (Lev. 24:14 RSV);
•(s) coming near the priesthood (Num. 3:10);
•(t) being a stranger who comes near the congregation's tabernacle (Num. 3:38);
•(u) gathering sticks on the Sabbath (Num. 15:32-35);
•(v) serving or worshipping other gods (Deut. 17:2-5 RSV);
•(w) showing contempt for the Lord's priest or judge (Deut. 17:12 NIV);
•(x) failing to obey one's parents (Deut. 21:18-21);
•(y) not being a virgin on your wedding day (Deut. 22:20-21 NIV);
•(z) being a betrothed virgin who did not cry out when seduced (Deut. 22:23-24);
•(aa) having relations with your wife and her mother (Lev. 20:14);
•(bb) telling people to seek other gods (Deut. 13:2,5); and
•(cc) being a false prophet (Deut. 18:20).

Location hidden

#19385 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuals and professionals use this BS to put children at risk for political correctness???
Diabolically criminal!
Punishment of children is one thing; child abuse is another. And, unfortunately, many biblical verses can be easily used to justify the former by means of the latter:

Prov. 23:13-14 ("Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell"),
Prov. 22:15 RSV ("Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him"),
Prov. 20:30 RSV ("Blows that wound cleanse away evil; strokes make clean the innermost parts"),
Prov. 13:24 RSV ("He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him"),
Prov. 19:19 ("Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying"),
Prov. 29:15 ("Thy rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother"),
Prov. 26:3 ("A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back <children are often foolish>"), and
Deut. 21:18-21 ("If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son, who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city...and they shall say to the elders of his city,'This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard. Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from the midst").

And, then, there are those verses which demean and degrade children by looking upon them as little more than beings to be punished for the misdeeds of others:

Ex. 20:5 ("I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me"),
Lev. 26:22 ("I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children...."),
Hosea 13:16 ("Samaria shall become desolate: for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword; their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up"), and
Isa. 13:16-18 ("Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes; their houses will be plundered and their wives ravished.... Their bows will slaughter the young men; they will have no mercy on the first of the womb; their eyes will not pity children").

Location hidden

#19386 Aug 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to leave them in foster care right?
Moron.
KiMare hates children and believes they should be abused. That is enough proof for me that she is a real and true Christian.

Prov. 23:13-14 ("Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell"),

One can only guess the number of children KiMare has beat with the rod falsely believing it will save them from the imaginary hell that only exists in the minds of the truly evil, pathetic and criminal Christians.

KiMare is as sick as any member of the Manson Family who said one had to have a real love in their heart to murder a pregnant woman.

Location hidden

#19387 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Yeah, that's the ONLY option.
But you belie the point. Why does a legitimate cause need such deceitful tactics???
Christ-insanity is not a legitimate cause. Christ-insanity is an abomination, it is a crime against humanity; the biggest hoax ever sold.

(1) What color was the robe that was put on Jesus? Scarlet--Matt. 27:28 ("And they stripped him, and put on a scarlet robe") versus purple--Mark 15:17 ("And they clothed him with purple....") and John 19:2 ("...and they put on him a purple robe").

Location hidden

#19388 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny, in the Church I pastored, The claim of the study was bogus.
It is the Bible and Christ-insanity that is bogus:

(2) When was the robe put on Jesus? During his trial--John 19:1-2, 15 ("Then Pilate took Jesus, and scourged him. And the soldiers...put on him a purple robe.... Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King?") versus after Pilate delivered him to be crucified--Matt. 27:26-28 ("Then released he Barrabas unto them; and when he had scourged Jesus he delivered him to be crucified. Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into a common hall,...stripped him and put on him a scarlet robe") and Mark 15:15-17 ("And so Pilate, willing to content the people...delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified. And the soldiers led him away into the hall...and they clothed him with purple").

Location hidden

#19389 Aug 22, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You chose the wrong chosen lifestyle.
See ya-hehehehahaha
Christ-insanity is the wrong chosen lifestyle.

(3) At what hour was Jesus crucified? The third hour--Mark 15:25 ("And it was the third hour, and they crucified him") versus before the sixth hour--Luke 23:43-44 ("And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise. And it was about the sixth hour....") versus after the sixth hour--John 19:14-16 ("...and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your king! But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him.... Then delivered he him unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away") to be crucified later.

Location hidden

#19390 Aug 22, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>Now we know what the Bible says about lying with another of the same sex
Yes we do!

2 SAM. 1:26, "David said, "I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women"

Location hidden

#19391 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
You ought to be embarrassed to publish such garbage.
And you ought to be embarrassed to preach such garbage to a group of pew warmers that includes children! All of you Christians should be arrested and put into prison for the child abuse you inflict onto society!

Punishment of children is one thing; child abuse is another. And, unfortunately, many biblical verses can be easily used to justify the former by means of the latter:
Prov. 22:15 RSV ("Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him"),
Prov. 20:30 RSV ("Blows that wound cleanse away evil; strokes make clean the innermost parts"),
Prov. 13:24 RSV ("He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him"),
Prov. 19:19 ("Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying"),
Prov. 29:15 ("Thy rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother"),
Prov. 26:3 ("A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back <children are often foolish>"), and
Deut. 21:18-21 ("If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son, who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city...and they shall say to the elders of his city,'This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard. Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from the midst").

And, then, there are those verses which demean and degrade children by looking upon them as little more than beings to be punished for the misdeeds of others:
Ex. 20:5 ("I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me"),
Lev. 26:22 ("I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children...."),
Hosea 13:16 ("Samaria shall become desolate: for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword; their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up"), and
Isa. 13:16-18 ("Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes; their houses will be plundered and their wives ravished.... Their bows will slaughter the young men; they will have no mercy on the first of the womb; their eyes will not pity children").

Location hidden

#19392 Aug 22, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text> The only way "your kind" gets any same sex anything is when some liberal judge decides to make law from the bench.
Rom.3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
1Kgs. 8:46 "...for there is no man that sinneth not,...."
Prov.20:9 "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?"
Eccl. 7:23 "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
(Also 1 John 1:8 & 10, Rom. 3:12, 5:12, Gal. 3:22)

Versus

Gen. 6:9 "Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."
Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job 1:8 "...my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" (Job 2:3)
Gen. 7:1 "And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation."
Luke 1:5-6 "In the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abia: andhe had a wife of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.(RSV)

Location hidden

#19393 Aug 22, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>Readers I will remind you to not even read this gender confused "F" stands for FAKE rev rambling rants. He is mentally disturbed and adrift in an ocean of sin.
He even forgives LIARS who intenionally lies and posts those LIES as truth then tries to repent----------
Rom.3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
1Kgs. 8:46 "...for there is no man that sinneth not,...."
Prov.20:9 "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?"
Eccl. 7:23 "For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."

Location hidden

#19394 Aug 22, 2013
We can not trust the Bible any more than we can trust the pew warmers involved in Christ-insanity to tell us about homosexuality.

Num. 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."
1 Sam. 15:29 "And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent."

Versus

Jonah 3:10 "And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."
1 Sam.15:11 "It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king...."
Exod. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Psalms.42:10 "... for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you."
Gen. 6:6 "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."
1 Sam. 15:35 "...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."

Location hidden

#19397 Aug 22, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>Normal households, man and woman, are what this country was built on.
Our country was built on Christian Slavery:

The Indianapolis Star, one of the most conservative newspapers in the nation, has always quoted 2 cor. 3:17, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty," on the front of each and every issue. Yet, if the Bible were, indeed, the Word of God, as apologists allege, it would be difficult to find a comment more at variance with the facts. All of the following verses show the God of the Bible sanctioned, indeed, instituted slavery--the absence of liberty. "Then thou shalt take an awl, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant for ever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise (Deut. 15:17, KJV)." (In order to minimize the Bible's support for slavery, the King James translators used "servant" instead of "slave" in this verse and others. The RSV translators used "bondman." Any knowledgeable authority knows slaves are being discussed, and several versions, e.g. the NWT and Living Bible, are honest enough to admit as much.)
But to continue: "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and you can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly ( Lev. 25:44-46, NIV)." "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property (Ex. 21:20-21, NIV)." "I (the Lord) will sell your sons and daughters to the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, a nation far away (Joel 3:8, NIV)" (See also: Ex. 21:2-6, Deut. 15:12, 28:68, and Jer.27:8,12).

Apologists attempted to gloss over the situation by alleging these verses came from the God of the Old Testament and his laws, while the New Testament's God is supposedly one of love, liberty and compassion. If so, somebody forgot to tell Peter and Paul. The latter said: "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men....(Eph. 6:5-7, NIV)." "All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered (1 Tim. 6:1, NIV)." "Slaves, obey your earthy masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord (Col. 3:22, NIV)." "Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,....(Titus 2:9, NIV)." Paul not only sanctions slavery but equates serving one's master with serving God. To serve one faithfully is to serve the other faithfully. Peter agrees with Paul: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your master with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also those who are harsh....Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:18,21, NIV)."

Location hidden

#19398 Aug 22, 2013
Clearly, according to the Bible, the spirit of the Lord has little to do with liberty. If they were inseparable, God wouldn't be supporting the slavemasters. Confederate leaders during the Civil War were quite correct when they contended the Bible supported slavery. "...Let the gentleman go to Revalation to learn the decree of God--let him go to the Bible,.... I said that slavery was sanctioned in the Bible, authorized, regulated, and recognized from Genesis to Revelation.... Slavery existed then in the earliest ages, and among the chosen people of God; and in Revelation we are told that it shall exist till the end of time shall come. You find it in the Old and New Testament--in the prophecies, psalms, and the epistles of Paul; you find it recognized, sanctioned everywhere (Jefferson Davis by Rowland, Vol. I, p. 316-17)." The well-known reverend Alexander Campbell contended: "there is not one verse in the Bible inhibiting slavery, but many regulating it. It is not then, we conclude, immoral." However, biblical support justifies nothing. Slavery was no more right in 2,000 B.C. than in 2,000 A.D. Morality has not changed that much, regardless of cultural difference and time differentials.

Location hidden

#19399 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>But hey, I'm a near senile old man, you are an idiot, and those people based the future of millions of children,...Throwing kids under the bus. Despicable.
What is despicable is how GodTheBible tells us to treat Children:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 8 min guest 714
News Inside Gays for Trump's Deploraball Dance Party 14 min Rainbow Kid 6
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 17 min Constitution 101 24,089
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 19 min TomInElPaso 44,175
News Gay man legally donates blood after a year with... 51 min Curious 22
News Louisville Video-Game Artist Brings LGBTQ Chara... 1 hr Firestorm 6
News Trump's victory has unleashed a wave of same-se... 1 hr Firestorm 13
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 3 hr Father Jeremy 343
More from around the web