Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 33910 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#19070 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, in the Church I pastored, we had scores of families that adopted and fostered at risk children. My wife and I foster parented over ten children, most were teens.
Again you belie the point YOU brought up. The claim of the study was bogus.
I am a gay Christian. I also don't like to lie. I made a mistake about information in the KY lesbian story. I then posted that error on many threads. KY does NOT have a civil unions law as I claimed.

I am embarrassed that I failed to do the research I so often criticizes others for not doing.

I sinned and now repent that sin. I regret this mistake deeply.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#19072 Jul 31, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>B I N G O ! I think you got it!
Bingo I think you got "it". Isn't that what the doctors said?
But then everyone here says you ain't got it.
Oh those poor dried up lesbians contracting deadly STDs and refuse to admit it.
You chose the wrong chosen lifestyle.
See ya-hehehehahaha
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#19073 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I am a gay Christian. I also don't like to lie. I made a mistake about information in the KY lesbian story. I then posted that error on many threads. KY does NOT have a civil unions law as I claimed.
I am embarrassed that I failed to do the research I so often criticizes others for not doing.
Can you say oxymoron, moron? Christian queer?????
Now we know what the Bible says about lying with another of the same sex
How do you intend to repent when you continue to live in sin? You are a joke.
Just like here if you really feel you lied and need to "repent" that is good. It is not good if you just continue to lie and when caught simply repent?
How do you do that?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19076 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.
Here is the study;
http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/
wp-content/uploads/Goldberg-an d-Smith-2013-JFP1.pdf
It studies 120 couples (lesbian/gay/hertero) who adopted children under 1.5 years old.
The study ended 2.25 years later when the oldest child was under 3.5 years old.
I was laughing so hard at this point, I couldn't read more (I will later...).
This is definitive proof that the children will end up equal???
Unbelievably deceitful and idiotic.
Homosexuals and professionals use this BS to put children at risk for political correctness???
Diabolically criminal!
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's the ONLY option.
But you belie the point. The article claimed there was no difference between outcomes. The study has no basis to make any such claim.
Why does a legitimate cause need such deceitful tactics???
\
Yea, I'm laughing really hard at your constant stupidity. Here is the opening of the study.

"Family type is not a predictor of a child’s psychological adjustment among early placed adopted children with lesbian, gay or heterosexual parents. An estimated 16,000 same-sex couples are raising more than 22,000 adopted children in the U.S., and these findings indicate that these children will likely fare no differently, as a result of their family type, than those being raised by heterosexual parents. "

The joke is on you moron.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#19077 Aug 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.
Here is the study;
It studies 120 couples (lesbian/gay/hertero) who adopted children under 1.5 years old.
Homosexuals and professionals use this BS to put children at risk for political correctness???
Diabolically criminal!
<quoted text>
But you belie the point. The article claimed there was no difference between outcomes. The study has no basis to make any such claim.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
\
Yea, I'm laughing really hard at your constant stupidity. Here is the opening of the study.
"Family type is not a predictor of a child’s psychological adjustment among early placed adopted children with lesbian, gay or heterosexual parents. An estimated 16,000 same-sex couples are raising more than 22,000 adopted children in the U.S., and these findings indicate that these children will likely fare no differently, as a result of their family type, than those being raised by heterosexual parents. "
And my point?

That conclusion is based on a 2.25 year span of time BEFORE any of the 75 children in ss couple homes reached 4 years old.

The test size is tiny.

The time period is extremely short.

The conclusion is ridiculously early.

Those points don't even begin to look at HOW they obtained information and WHO they used in the study.

You ought to be embarrassed to publish such garbage.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19078 Aug 1, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I am a gay Christian. I also don't like to lie. I made a mistake about information in the KY lesbian story. I then posted that error on many threads. KY does NOT have a civil unions law as I claimed.
Don't dwell on it. It's not a problem and we all know you work at personal integrity and we appreciate your efforts.

As for Kentucky, they won't be likely to pass civil union law that permits same-sex marriage without a swift kick in the arse from the Supreme Court, anyway.

Rev. Ken

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#19079 Aug 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.....
Ironically, the authors of the study have undergone none of the scrutiny that your sainted Regnerus did. Perhaps it's because their methodology is legit, whereas Regnerus skewed his result to please his patrons.

Troll on, Hunty.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#19080 Aug 1, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't dwell on it. It's not a problem and we all know you work at personal integrity and we appreciate your efforts.
As for Kentucky, they won't be likely to pass civil union law that permits same-sex marriage without a swift kick in the arse from the Supreme Court, anyway.
Rev. Ken
Well ken I agree with you about Kentucky. The only way "your kind" gets any same sex anything is when some liberal judge decides to make law from the bench. The people will never agree to such perversions.
Hell look at the liberal state of California voted same sex perversion down. Then.....a queer judge in a relationship with another man strikes down the vote of the people.
3% of Americans are gender confused and that few can never drive our society.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#19081 Aug 1, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev. Ken
Readers I will remind you to not even read this gender confused
"F" stands for FAKE rev rambling rants. He is mentally disturbed and adrift in an ocean of sin.
He even forgives LIARS who intenionally lies and posts those LIES as truth then tries to repent----------

Location hidden

#19083 Aug 1, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, the authors of the study have undergone none of the scrutiny that your sainted Regnerus did. Perhaps it's because their methodology is legit, whereas Regnerus skewed his result to please his patrons.
Troll on, Hunty.
Of course not. It says what you want.

Even Slate noted the vicious distortion against Regnerus.

I simply mock the very premise the title asserts. An end conclusion drawn in toddlers. LOL

Location hidden

#19084 Aug 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny.
Here is the study;
Diabolically criminal!
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And my point?
That conclusion is based on a 2.25 year span of time BEFORE any of the 75 children in ss couple homes reached 4 years old.
The test size is tiny.
The time period is extremely short.
The conclusion is ridiculously early.
Those points don't even begin to look at HOW they obtained information and WHO they used in the study.

Location hidden

#19085 Aug 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you quote that from a seance? Because predicting that from 75 toddler kids in ss couple homes is not based on fact.
Moreover, gays are so just about treating all studies with the same scrutiny...
Smirk.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#19086 Aug 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you quote that from a seance? Because predicting that from 75 toddler kids in ss couple homes is not based on fact.
Smirk.
"will likely fair no differently" are the catch words here. Studies with so few children for such a short time become guess work at best which is what the gay/lesbian community lives on.
Oh it shouldn't hurt little johnny---right and if it does then what?
Normal households, man and woman, are what this country was built on.

Location hidden

#19087 Aug 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Kids who are secure as toddlers will grow up to be confident adults. I'll trust the qualifications of the people doing the study rather than the worthless opinions of an insecure, three nipple vagina man internet troll. ROTFLMAO

NEXT

Location hidden

#19088 Aug 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids who are secure as toddlers will grow up to be confident adults. I'll trust the qualifications of the people doing the study rather than the worthless opinions of an insecure, three nipple vagina man internet troll. ROTFLMAO
NEXT
You mean toddlers that say 'no' with confidence?

Or 'confidently' stand up to an adult at the check-out line?

But hey, I'm a near senile old man, you are an idiot, and those people based the future of millions of children, deprived of parents and one gender on a bogus study of 75 kids.

Throwing kids under the bus. Despicable.

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#19089 Aug 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean toddlers that say 'no' with confidence?
Or 'confidently' stand up to an adult at the check-out line?
But hey, I'm a near senile old man, you are an idiot, and those people based the future of millions of children, deprived of parents and one gender on a bogus study of 75 kids.
Throwing kids under the bus. Despicable.
That's OK. You fundies have been throwing kids under the bus for centuries, even millennia.

Location hidden

#19090 Aug 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's OK. You fundies have been throwing kids under the bus for centuries, even millennia.
Just pure hatred, bigotry and ignorance.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#19091 Aug 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pure hatred, bigotry and ignorance.
We know you do. You're admitting it, that's a start.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#19092 Aug 2, 2013
"Give me a child until he is seven, and I will give you the man."
- Jesuit motto

Location hidden

#19093 Aug 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
"Give me a child until he is seven, and I will give you the man."
- Jesuit motto
They are celibate, right?

This study was for 2.25 years until the oldest was 3.5 years old.

Major denial honey!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 7,021
News Some gay marriage opponents balk, while couples... 4 min Reverend Alan 59
News Indiana religious objections law to take effect... 11 min Fa-Foxy 9
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 13 min Mothra 553
News 'You can't have marriage equality without polyg... 20 min lides 34
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 21 min Reverend Alan 60,546
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 42 min townhouse 189
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 1 hr woodtick57 138
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 1 hr lides 427
More from around the web