Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 20 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

DR WHO

Santa Cruz, CA

#18960 Jul 22, 2013
Like I said before everyone, don't bother to report the nutcase and know that it does not matter if he uses his account or is posting outside his account, he is still a troll and he wants you to report him when he posts outside his account.

He posted in the other cafe in his account before he posted after it today. I do not believe in too many coincidences.

Just ignore his posts and let him post all he wants.
The Talking Poop

Santa Cruz, CA

#18961 Jul 22, 2013
La La La

Santa Cruz, CA

#18962 Jul 22, 2013
Did you forget that we live in America? Your god's laws mean absolutely NOTHING when it comes to our government.
La La La

Santa Cruz, CA

#18963 Jul 22, 2013
Children playing with judgits....

WAY TOO FUNNY!!!!!
Run Forrest Run

Santa Cruz, CA

#18964 Jul 22, 2013
nificant aspect of this matter is that there is no reference to Jesus of Nazareth in any non-Christian writings of antiquity. One can peruse all the great literature of that era and find nothing proving the man even existed. "There is no history written at the time Jesus Christ is said to have lived that speaks of the existence of such a person, even as a man" (The Life and Works of Paine,Vol 9, p. 271). "We know nothing certainly of Jesus Christ. We know nothing of his infancy, nothing of his youth, and we are not sure that such a person even existed" (Interviews, Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 5, p. 273. Anyone wishing to believe in the reality of Jesus will have to rely upon the New Testament and the NT alone. There is no other sote a Bible verse when you choose to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against all homosexual behavior?
Yo
Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”
Since: Feb 09
Northern California
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#18920Friday Jul 19
Judged:Spam18Nuts18Disagree18
Rayne wrote:
<quoted text>
According to God's Word, the course you are on and encourage others to take leads to 'eternal fire.'
According to God's word the Bat is a bird:
Leviticus 11:13-19,"And these you shall detest among the birds; they shall not be eaten; they are detestable: the eagle, the bearded vushort-eared owl, the barn owl, the tawny owl, the carrion v
Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18965 Jul 22, 2013
La La La wrote:
Did you forget that we live in America? Your god's laws mean absolutely NOTHING when it comes to our government.
That's right.

Location hidden

#18966 Jul 22, 2013
Rasta Man wrote:
All Bibles should contain a disclaimer on the inside front cover: "This product is intended for entertainment purposes only."
No doubt.
Honest Draino Drinker

Santa Cruz, CA

#18967 Jul 22, 2013
Hell Is a Fairy Tale
Santa Cruz, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#1895811 min ago

All Bibles should contain a disclaimer on the inside front cover: "This product is intended for entertainment purposes only."

Yes it is.

Love is ALL you need.
DR WHO
Santa Cruz, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#189599 min ago

“THERE IS NO GOD”
DR WHO
Santa Cruz, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#189608 min ago

Like I said before everyone, don't bother to report the nutcase and know that it does not matter if he uses his account or is posting outside his account, he is still a troll and he wants you to report him when he posts outside his account.

He posted in the other cafe in his account before he posted after it today. I do not believe in too many coincidences.

The Talking Poop
Santa Cruz, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#189618 min ago

La La La
Santa Cruz, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#189626 min ago

La La La
Santa Cruz, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#189635 min ago

WAY TOO FUNNY!!!!!
Run Forrest Run
Santa Cruz, CA
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#189644 min ago

nificant aspect of this matter is that there is no reference to Jesus of Nazareth in any non-Christian writings of antiquity. One can peruse all the great literature of that era and find nothing proving the man even existed. "There is no history written at the time Jesus Christ is said to have lived that speaks of the existence of such a person, even as a man" (The Life and Works of Paine,Vol 9, p. 271). "We know nothing certainly of Jesus Christ. We know nothing of his infancy, nothing of his youth, and we are not sure that such a person even existed" (Interviews, Ingersoll's Works, Vol. 5, p. 273. Anyone wishing to believe in the reality of Jesus will have to rely upon the New Testament and the NT alone. There is no other sote a Bible verse when you choose to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against all homosexual behavior?
Yo
Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”
Northern California
Rayne wrote:
<quoted text>
According to God's Word, the course you are on and encourage others to take leads to 'eternal fire.'
Leviticus 11:13-19,"And these you shall detest among the birds; they shall not be eaten; they are detestable: the eagle, the bearded vushort-eared owl, the barn owl, the tawny owl, the carrion v
Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”
Thats All Folks

Santa Cruz, CA

#18968 Jul 22, 2013
Hahahahahaha
Zena Lovelace

Santa Cruz, CA

#18969 Jul 22, 2013
Run Forrest Run

Santa Cruz, CA

#18970 Jul 22, 2013
Queer-bait

Milpitas, CA

#18971 Jul 22, 2013
Valerie

Rivière-pilote, Martinique

#18972 Jul 22, 2013
GentlestGiant wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't steal that which is already gay.:P
Indeed :p

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18973 Jul 23, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>I am created in God's image...So God is a WOMAN.
According to the source, the union of a man and woman is God's image.

Why are you on a Church forum and so ignorant???

Oh that's right, it's an apostate church forum...

Location hidden

#18975 Jul 23, 2013
Queer-bait wrote:
Run Forrest run!!!!
Lost in the Northwoods

Santa Cruz, CA

#18976 Jul 23, 2013
Yo
Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”
Northern California
Rayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverend Alan
“THERE IS NO GOD”
Northern California
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#18924Friday Jul 19
Judged:Spam18Nuts18Disagree17
Rayne Burrito Boy Pekin Ill wrote:
<quoted text>You choose your perversion over the Biblical God, so your opinions really aren't relevant.
The Bible repeatedly and emphatically condemns all homosexual behavior in both Testaments and in the plainest of terms.
In recent months several people have asked me if the Bible supports cannabalism in any form and the answer, succinctly stated, is yes. The following enumeration covers virtually every relevant biblical comment and shows the key verses fall into two broad categories: those in which God or Jesus commands or condones cannabalistic activity and those which merely relate activities of this nature. One can justifiably accuse the Bible of advocating cannabalism in light of the former but not the latter. Merely relating instances of cannabalism, rape, incest, or other atrocious behavior doesn't mean such activities are being fostered or proposed. Among the former are such verses as:
"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat" (Lev. 26:29) and
"I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend...." (Jer. 19:9) and
"I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine" (Isa. 49:26 RSV) and
"Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you, and sons shall eat their fathers...." (Ezek. 5:10).
So Burrito Boy David Pekin Ill, cannibalism is completely acceptable to your BibleGod, cannibalism is not a perversion, according to BibleGod and you want us to believe two men loving one another is perversion just because of 6 mis-translated and stupid verses in the same book.
You are a defective being David, you are in need of extreme psychological help. Your obsession for cannibalism and rejection of homosexuality proves you are one sick puppy. Either than or you are 3 fries short of a Happy Meal.
Tuff Girl Sherriff

Santa Cruz, CA

#18977 Jul 23, 2013
Looks like this thread is over now.
Tuff Girl Sherriff

Santa Cruz, CA

#18978 Jul 23, 2013
Zena Lovelace wrote:
Yes indeed! Right on the front cover. It should also say, "Not intended for impressionable people."
Tuff Girl Sherriff

Santa Cruz, CA

#18979 Jul 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's right, it's an apostate church forum...
So if God created man in his own image, God must be a hermaphrodite correct?

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#18980 Jul 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
So, the image of God is a pen!s in a vag!na? That's one funky god you worship.
KiMare wrote:
Threads can be accessed from multiple forums. I'm on the Gay/Lesbian forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 min Terra Firma 20,551
News Why more than 100,000 people have asked TLC to ... 11 min Imprtnrd 10
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 12 min Fa-Foxy 54
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 14 min Just Think 1,314
News What drives gay men to marriage and deception? 40 min Gremlin 6
News Eugene Robinson: GOP candidates swim against th... 42 min serfs up 12
News Phil Robertson, Mike Huckabee, and the Benham b... 52 min Norton 4
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 54 min NorCal Native 59,462
Are the mods fair and balanced? 6 hr Poof1 812
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 8 hr Just Think 2,355
News Justice Roberts Hints How He Could Justify Voti... 16 hr Lawrence Wolf 83
More from around the web