Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,013

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17984 May 19, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got this all wrong Jackass.
No one chooses to be normal we just are but you and yours most certainly choose to be queers in a normal straight world.
Just like you choose to be an ass.
You aren't normal. You are a Bible bully. Normal people don't give a thought to other people's sexuality.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17985 May 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't normal. You are a Bible bully. Normal people don't give a thought to other people's sexuality.
"SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
No one chooses to be normal we just are but you and yours most certainly choose to be queers in a normal straight world.
Just like you choose to be an ass."
I stand by my post because it is nothing but the truth.
You know I never thought about other people's sexuality until you perverts rubbed it in my face and tried to take over the Church.
The Episcopal Church is in decline now for deciding to turn queer also. It is a totally unacceptable chosen lifestyle that belongs in no CHristian Church.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17987 May 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
"Thus saith the Lord, Behold I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbor, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. For thou did it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun" (2 Sam. 12:11- 12).
Let's see, if translated properly this is a receipe for strawberry jam. God doesn't really raise up evil and make neighbors lie with other men's wives. No, not God!
No wonder Pew Warmers are so insane.
Insane?

I think you are insane. What is this suppose to mean?

You take a passage out of context, make some ridiculous claim about it, and then use it to make a bigoted, hateful statement about the most moral and patriotic people of our nation.

You are a sissy coward. Afraid to directly engage me. You gay twirl around making limp wristed pot shots like a bully. Man up honey!

Smile.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17988 May 19, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
"SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I never thought about other people's sexuality until you perverts rubbed it in my face and tried to take over the Church.
The Episcopal Church is in decline now for deciding to turn queer also. It is a totally unacceptable chosen lifestyle that belongs in no CHristian Church.
According to my Bishop the Church has been in decline for about 10 years. Approximately 18% decline in Sunday worship. Well guess what? It was about 10 years ago (2003-2004)that Bishop gene robinson rose to his vaulted position in the Church.
The people will never accept this kind of behavior and it shows in the decline.
Now robinson decided to retire early because in his words with the recent acceptance of a lesbian bishop in California, imagine that, he can leave and there will still be a lesbian in the House of Bishops. That's all it means to him just a foot in the door or a camels nose in the tent.

Location hidden

#17989 May 19, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
According to my Bishop the Church has been in decline for about 10 years. Approximately 18% decline in Sunday worship. Well guess what? It was about 10 years ago (2003-2004)that Bishop gene robinson rose to his vaulted position in the Church.
The people will never accept this kind of behavior and it shows in the decline.
Now robinson decided to retire early because in his words with the recent acceptance of a lesbian bishop in California, imagine that, he can leave and there will still be a lesbian in the House of Bishops. That's all it means to him just a foot in the door or a camels nose in the tent.
You nailed it.

Exactly the immorality Paul warned the Corinthian Church about.

1 Corinthians 5:6-7 (MSG)
Your flip and callous arrogance in these things bothers me. You pass it off as a small thing, but it's anything but that. Yeast, too, is a "small thing," but it works its way through a whole batch of bread dough pretty fast.
7 So get rid of this "yeast." Our true identity is flat and plain, not puffed up with the wrong kind of ingredient. The Messiah, our Passover Lamb, has already been sacrificed for the Passover meal, and we are the Unraised Bread part of the Feast.

I commend you for your faithful stand.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17990 May 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed it.
Exactly the immorality Paul warned the Corinthian Church about.
1 Corinthians 5:6-7 (MSG)
Your flip and callous arrogance in these things bothers me. You pass it off as a small thing, but it's anything but that. Yeast, too, is a "small thing," but it works its way through a whole batch of bread dough pretty fast.
7 So get rid of this "yeast." Our true identity is flat and plain, not puffed up with the wrong kind of ingredient. The Messiah, our Passover Lamb, has already been sacrificed for the Passover meal, and we are the Unraised Bread part of the Feast.
I commend you for your faithful stand.
It is with a sad heart that I watch our Church decline in many areas. Membership decline is bad enough but the young people are not developing a "Church" mind to take the place of the decline.
The money we have put into our Church appears to be in vain if one lesbian Bishop can sue us with our own money and take it away if we don't tow the line.
Well I don't feel like towing that line and many more agree. Our out reach is where the majority of our money goes.
If this continues un checked we will soon owe our souls to the devil--literally.
I appreciate you as well friend in Christ.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17993 May 19, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
It is with a sad heart that I watch our Church decline in many areas. Membership decline is bad enough but the young people are not developing a "Church" mind to take the place of the decline.
The money we have put into our Church appears to be in vain if one lesbian Bishop can sue us with our own money and take it away if we don't tow the line.
Well I don't feel like towing that line and many more agree. Our out reach is where the majority of our money goes.
If this continues un checked we will soon owe our souls to the devil--literally.
I appreciate you as well friend in Christ.
Oh, Baloney!

If you really disagree with the Teachings of Christ Jesus, which Teachings are the cornerstone of The Episcopal Church, why aren't you going to another, different Church?

Why don't you try the Roman Catholics or the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod? They supposedly hate each other. But, many of their dogmatic views agree with yours.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#17994 May 19, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Baloney!
If you really disagree with the Teachings of Christ Jesus, which Teachings are the cornerstone of The Episcopal Church, why aren't you going to another, different Church?
Why don't you try the Roman Catholics or the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod? They supposedly hate each other. But, many of their dogmatic views agree with yours.
Rev. Ken
Don't be to hasty rev. It is only the remnant faithful that are keeping judgment and foreclosure at bay. I would guess you know the numbers, not just the decline gray heads, but their deep pockets, with no one and nothing behind them.

You literally are becoming white washed tombs.
Pat

Pekin, IL

#17995 May 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be to hasty rev. It is only the remnant faithful that are keeping judgment and foreclosure at bay. I would guess you know the numbers, not just the decline gray heads, but their deep pockets, with no one and nothing behind them.
You literally are becoming white washed tombs.
Indeed, the Episcopal Church, or at least it's national leadership, departed from the Biblical Faith. It's tragic. Here, in Illinois, one out of three dioceses left ECUSA, one just ignores national leadership, and the third is deeply torn with a number of parishes having left.

Just for the record, the "Rev." lied. There is no record of him as an Episcopal priest. He's a fraud.

Location hidden

#17996 May 19, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed, the Episcopal Church, or at least it's national leadership, departed from the Biblical Faith. It's tragic. Here, in Illinois, one out of three dioceses left ECUSA, one just ignores national leadership, and the third is deeply torn with a number of parishes having left.
Just for the record, the "Rev." lied. There is no record of him as an Episcopal priest. He's a fraud.
Not just the Episcopal, but ever denomination that followed suit, with the UCC leading the demise.

He's not just a fraud, he's a heretic.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17998 May 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they [or should I say he, since there is only one posting under multiple names] really is a hypocrite, is there another kind of Christian? LOL! No, not really.
I just love to witness all their hopes and dreams going right down the toilet with each and everything I post here. I wish others would save the bible quotes I post and re-post them as needed.
It is called fighting fire with fire. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.:)
Glad you're here to post those scripts. Having little to do with religion the past 12 years, I did continue prayer in private. A few church visits in February-March through invite by a neighbor only to stop again. So many versus I find senseless as I did before. So many of my neighbors in church-listen to or appear to listen, to sermons but none practice.#1 reason why I stopped going to church was because of that. Put organized religion out of my life. Just prayed/meditated on my own. Nothing answered. Religion fails to keep people living a just life. It's all around to see.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17999 May 19, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
"SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't normal to be a Bible bully. Why do you choose such horrible behavior?
Another Tea Bag Phony

Minneapolis, MN

#18000 May 19, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev Fagg@t, have you had a d!ck up your a.ss this morning? Bet you can't wait to su:ck it clean.
ROFLMFAO
Dude!

Stop obsessing over other people's sex lives.

That ain't normal.
Another Tea Bag Phony

Minneapolis, MN

#18001 May 19, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is an abomination, it is a crime against humanity and you have been deceived by the biggest hoax ever sold; sad Sh!t.
Are you satan's disciple and a Queer Pedophile? I understand why you won't answer. Hard to admit out loud.
Your post is an abomination.
Take It

Minneapolis, MN

#18002 May 19, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You're living proof that you can't go a day without your daily fix. Either a d!ck up your a:ss or su:cking one clean, heII, maybe both.
Get back on your knees and do you job. STFU get back to work.
Effendi Bohong

Denpasar, Indonesia

#18004 May 19, 2013
The bible, like the koran and other " religious " books, is a work of fiction. Not just fiction, but ancient fiction. Anyone seeking education or inspiration from such a book is seriously deluded.
Over the past 2000 years, there have been tens of thousands of hypotheses made, and proven or disproven by scientific method. The churches, however, have yet to produce a single scintilla of evidence in support of the god hypothesis.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#18005 May 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just the Episcopal, but ever denomination that followed suit, with the UCC leading the demise.
He's not just a fraud, he's a heretic.
The UCC has a rich history of social activism, most of which you should be extremely proud of. On this ONE single issue, you have your head in the sand (or up your ass).

Grow a pair and get over it.

Location hidden

#18006 May 20, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The UCC has a rich history of social activism, most of which you should be extremely proud of. On this ONE single issue, you have your head in the sand (or up your ass).
Grow a pair and get over it.
That rich history is dying, leaving a rotted carcass.

Who said it was this 'one' issue, as if that isn't enough?

Smile.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#18007 May 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Baring your venomous fangs again, Kimare, with your messages of doom and gloom and hypocritical, bigoted segregation?

No thanks, buddy.

All "things" change, Kimare. The demographics of Church-going believers has gone through a revolution in ALL of the mainline denominations over the past 40 years.

It is a spiritual rebirth of epic proportions and it is not very well understood, especially by those who desire to keep the status quo.

But, even Rick Warren's mega churches and various "cell-group" iterations are finding the same fad-based fates.

The Teachings of Christ Jesus are plenty enough to follow and comprehend.

Rev. Ken

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#18008 May 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
As with SSM, the UCC was way ahead of the curve on issues of social injustice. This is no different and that rotting carcass doesn't exist. Drama queen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Don't Say Gay' bill clears TN Senate (May '11) 2 min Buford 68
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 4 min DaveinMass 726
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 14 min Blahblah80 1,718
Stay issued in Indiana gay marriage ban case 17 min nhjeff 7
Community concerns over ice use among gay men i... 27 min Professor Jumper 3
An Afternoon in WeHo With a Gay Russian Teen Se... 34 min Professor Jumper 7
No gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana 36 min Professor Jumper 1
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 446
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 350
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Jasper Muggins 55,850
Biggest Gay Lies 5 hr Phobos 1,996
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search