Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36046 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17671 Apr 16, 2013
Penny Trayshun wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly old man, you won't get an STD from hand-holding. Typically, somebody has to stick something somewhere for that to happen.
Honey, intelligent people with average comprehension would know I wasn't talking about hand holding.

If you had followed the Biblical directive, you would have asked your husband who would have kept you from looking like a blonde dip shit.

Smile.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17672 Apr 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
-You forget, I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man.
-You just judged me for judging.
-According to Jesus, the only sexual monogamous relationship is between a man and woman, within marriage. The only alternative is abstention. So yes, some homosexuals have chosen that path.
-According to the record of history, acceptance I coild go about claiming to be of homosexual behavior is very short lived in any culture. Moreover, science is quickly discovering the cause and will follow with cures for sexual defects.
Smile.
Not judging you. Pointing OUTthat you do. I could go through life claiming to be a female trapped in a male body. Who's fault is that? Gods. Since those like you claim God as the manufacturer. So in yoir opinion we are given the same sex drives any hetero has and emotions of love and have to deny ourselves. That's cruelty. To choose between having life fullfilling relationships, see our families and friends have them while we are expected to remain alone. Then hear aboit Gods love and mercy for us? That's insanity! You want to live that way,fine. Not your job or right to decide for everyone else. It's not short lived. Lots of gays senior gays wtih L.T.R. You're just too blind to see it. I 'm gay and only know gay life-which includes a unique view on hetero life (as any gay would) as we live in a primarily hetero life. That's how I know what most you say is B.S. Smirk.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17673 Apr 16, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> You know nothing about gay life. I do. I live it. Long practiced to. You just babble biased writings. God will judge you for judging. That's his right, not yours. Gay couples have lived in monogomous relationships for centuries. The likes of you are counterproductive to civilization. We tried to enlighten you on gay life. You have too closed a mind to get through. Hey,that's your problem and your right. Stay and wallow in your ignorance. The rest of society isn't going to remain stuck in the dark ages.
You need to bow your head and ask for forgiveness. Monogomous relationships are not what is in question here.
You don't lie with another man as you would a woman--remember?
You need to "enlighten" G-d about your perversion not me.
It is between Him and you vick, plain and simple but rev telling you it is just fine is not the answer. Check in with G-d from time to time.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17674 Apr 16, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to bow your head and ask for forgiveness. Monogomous relationships are not what is in question here.
You don't lie with another man as you would a woman--remember?
You need to "enlighten" G-d about your perversion not me.
It is between Him and you vick, plain and simple but rev telling you it is just fine is not the answer. Check in with G-d from time to time.
I will not bow my head to the imaginary being you believe in. Monogomoud relationships have been brought up on this forum. So I address it. Enlightenment I talk about is todays world-the people living in it. Not religious enlightenments. I "checked in with God" for 52 yrs. No answer ever. Talk to your god about your perverted views! Get your imaginary answers to continue life by fantasy.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17675 Apr 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
(Please pardon me. I'll divide this in two, because of length.)

LOL!!!... The double negative positive! So, because you are a "trapped lesbian," you like women? And because you are a "straight man," you are not a lesbian, except that you are also a "trapped heterosexual" male who is delightfully despondent over his lesbian wishes. What a fate!

And a "fate" it certainly is. For you, now knowing this, are, by your own definition, powerless to change your orientations. So, I guess the question remains: How did you become so intolerant of the fates of others?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> -You just judged me for judging.
No. You were judged by your own words. Like the Lord said, "... the same stick by which you have measured others."
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> -According to Jesus, the only sexual monogamous relationship is between a man and woman, within marriage.
Not so. You deftly mischaracterize the scriptural text in order to present your own opinion. The Lord was not quoted as having declared that the only sexual monogamous relationship is between a man and a woman. In fact, the Lord does not even say that the only such relationship is TO BE within marriage.

The question was about divorce and whether it is lawful for a man to put away his wife for any cause. In response to their question, He merely poses the question back to them, "Have you not read ...?"

And in this response, He shows that the REASON that a man joins to his woman is first biologial and then spiritual. Marriage is then understood to be the acknowledgment by the Covenant made before God.

And then, you again conveniently sidestep His further qualifications, including, "Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given...."

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#17676 Apr 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Smile.
(Part 2 response)

<
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> The only alternative is abstention. So yes, some homosexuals have chosen that path.
No. This is YOUR interpretation and opinion. The text does not say this. And since you are hanging your hat on the text, it is fully fair to hold you to that very text. The Lord does not, by any biblical text, proscribe the marriage of two individuals of the same sex. Fact. It is simply not discussed.

<
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> -According to the record of history, acceptance of homosexual behavior is very short lived in any culture.
On the contrary. In every culture and in every civilized society, homosexuality is an accepted, known presence. How that presence is tolerated is another question. Among the Christians, is there any doubt about the fact that the hierarchichal orders of the Roman Church have accepted and tolerated homosexual relationships - for ALL of the last +1800 years?

No. There is absolutely no doubt.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> Moreover, science is quickly discovering the cause and will follow with cures for sexual defects.
Smile.
Your smile is farcical. The truth is the exact opposite.

Fifty years ago, yes. Accepted medical procedure was to immediately subject the physically intersexed newborn to surgical procedure and hormonal therapy in order to externally force the development of the individual toward a consensus-based decision for male or female.

We no longer do this. Why? We found out that the mind and the spirit of the individual had to be allowed to develop without external forcing, because such exernal forcing was often incorrectly made on an incorrect assessment. Only the person could be their own judge in these matters.

And, that judgment only could occur properly as the individual matured and began to understand their own decisions of personal nature. Futhermore, these people do not necessarily desire to be sugically and hormonally forced to one side or the other of the male-female sexual expression. Some are happy just as they are!

If, after all of this, they are fortunate to find another someone to love and who loves them, WHO ARE YOU to interfere and deny?

That is the message of Jesus Christ.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#17677 Apr 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
(Please pardon me. I'll divide this in two, because of length. This is Part response.)

LOL!!!... The double negative positive! So, because you are a "trapped lesbian," you like women? And because you are a "straight man," you are not a lesbian, except that you are also a "trapped heterosexual" male who is delightfully despondent over his lesbian wishes. What a fate!

And a "fate" it certainly is. For you, now knowing this, are, by your own definition, powerless to change your orientations. So, I guess the question remains: How did you become so intolerant of the fates of others?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> -You just judged me for judging.
No. You were judged by your own words. Like the Lord said, "... the same stick by which you have measured others."
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> -According to Jesus, the only sexual monogamous relationship is between a man and woman, within marriage.
Not so. You deftly mischaracterize the scriptural text in order to present your own opinion. The Lord was not quoted as having declared that the only sexual monogamous relationship is between a man and a woman. In fact, the Lord does not even say that the only such relationship is TO BE within marriage.

The question was about divorce and whether it is lawful for a man to put away his wife for any cause. In response to their question, He merely poses the question back to them, "Have you not read ...?"

And in this response, He shows that the REASON that a man joins to his woman is first biologial and then spiritual. Marriage is then understood to be the acknowledgment by the Covenant made before God.

And then, you again conveniently sidestep His further qualifications, including, "Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given...."

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#17678 Apr 16, 2013
(This is Part 2 response to Kimare's "trapped Lesbian" claim.)

<
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> The only alternative is abstention. So yes, some homosexuals have chosen that path.
No. This is YOUR interpretation and opinion. The text does not say this. And since you are hanging your hat on the text, it is fully fair to hold you to that very text. The Lord does not, by any biblical text, proscribe the marriage of two individuals of the same sex. Fact. It is simply not discussed.

<
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> -According to the record of history, acceptance of homosexual behavior is very short lived in any culture.
On the contrary. In every culture and in every civilized society, homosexuality is an accepted, known presence. How that presence is tolerated is another question. Among the Christians, is there any doubt about the fact that the hierarchichal orders of the Roman Church have accepted and tolerated homosexual relationships - for ALL of the last +1800 years?

No. There is absolutely no doubt.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text> Moreover, science is quickly discovering the cause and will follow with cures for sexual defects.
Smile.
Your smile is farcical. The truth is the exact opposite.

Fifty years ago, yes. Accepted medical procedure was to immediately subject the physically intersexed newborn to surgical procedure and hormonal therapy in order to externally force the development of the individual toward a consensus-based decision for male or female.

We no longer do this. Why? We found out that the mind and the spirit of the individual had to be allowed to develop without external forcing, because such exernal forcing was often incorrectly made on an incorrect assessment. Only the person could be their own judge in these matters.

And, that judgment only could occur properly as the individual matured and began to understand their own decisions of personal nature. Futhermore, these people do not necessarily desire to be sugically and hormonally forced to one side or the other of the male-female sexual expression. Some are happy just as they are!

If, after all of this, they are fortunate to find another someone to love and who loves them, WHO ARE YOU to interfere and deny?

That is the message of Jesus Christ.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#17679 Apr 16, 2013
Please pardon my misspellings in the last two responses. The keyboard to post response is acting up and I missed making a few typoed corrections.

RK
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17680 Apr 16, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> I will not bow my head to the imaginary being you believe in. Monogomoud relationships have been brought up on this forum. So I address it. Enlightenment I talk about is todays world-the people living in it. Not religious enlightenments. I "checked in with God" for 52 yrs. No answer ever. Talk to your god about your perverted views! Get your imaginary answers to continue life by fantasy.
G-d speaks, but your chosen lifestyle will not let you hear the words.
Repent, get in a good Bible based Church and open those ears it is not too late.

Location hidden

#17681 Apr 16, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
G-d speaks, but your chosen lifestyle will not let you hear the words.
Repent, get in a good Bible based Church and open those ears it is not too late.
Error in judgment and understanding.

You cannot endure the very prescription that you have written for others to take.
Jamison

Pekin, IL

#17682 Apr 16, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot endure the very prescription that you have written for others to take.
As a non-Christian, you just don't get it. The Holy Spirit will not dwell in an unclean tabernacle.

Your choices have excluded you from revelation, hence you worship your perversion and not God.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17683 Apr 16, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
ou don't.
Who died and left you in charge rev?
You know nothing about me other than I believe what I read in the Bible and you don't.
Stop talking about what you don't know.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17684 Apr 16, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
How so rev?
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17685 Apr 16, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> I will not bow my head to the imaginary being you believe in. Monogomoud relationships have been brought up on this forum. So I address it. Enlightenment I talk about is todays world-the people living in it. Not religious enlightenments. I "checked in with God" for 52 yrs. No answer ever. Talk to your god about your perverted views! Get your imaginary answers to continue life by fantasy.
Maybe little guy you should have done more than "checked in with
G-d" for those 52 years.

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#17686 Apr 16, 2013
I KNOW WHO THE BOSTON BOMBERS ARE... Ill bet they are connected to the army of god... ou know a christian hate group...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/09/eric ...

the bigots brother who oh so sadly can't get the money from the book about his brother is pissed ..
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17687 Apr 16, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>ou don't.
Who died and left you in charge rev?
You know nothing about me other than I believe what I read in the Bible and you don't.
Stop talking about what you don't know.
Just as you know very little of my life but act as if you are. You talk about what you don't know of gay life.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17688 Apr 16, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe little guy you should have done more than "checked in with
G-d" for those 52 years.
Yeah I did and I posted those. I said before how I tried all suggestions. IF GOD is real,surr I want to make contact. 52yrs later-nothing. The voice you hear is imaginary. A remnant of childhood imaginary friends. Think about it.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17689 Apr 16, 2013
RevKen wrote:
Please pardon my misspellings in the last two responses. The keyboard to post response is acting up and I missed making a few typoed corrections.
RK
Happens to me also. Certain posters not happy about it. I have neuropathy along with 2other ailments that affect coordination. Not that important to me at least on correcting what I see before posting. Not like I'm writing a book. When I write letters I'll proof read then. I also explained I post from a cell phone. Very small keys that are close together and often strike a letter next to yhe intended letter. Did'nt happen when I had a desktop pc.
liam

Southampton, UK

#17690 Apr 16, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
It is a long walk, but well worth the journey to find God. He is there for us ALL.
...yeah but some more than others!!!
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Justicea s gay marriage order halts licenses in... (Jan '16) 3 min Pietro Armando 464
News Boy Scouts faring well a year after easing ban ... 3 min Christsharian Col... 6
News Trump's moment: Speech to close GOP convention'... 10 min serfs up 9
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 20 min Pietro Armando 197
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 26 min naman 1,134
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Terra Firma 14,572
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 1 hr Wally 421
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,369
News Judge to monitor Kansas' actions on gay marriag... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 27
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 3 hr Mite Be 26
More from around the web