Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36038 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17522 Apr 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?
e.
<quoted text>
Another question you can't answer.

Smile.
If you call the a$$ on a horse a Kimare, what is it? Still a Kuntmary.
Greg

AOL

#17523 Apr 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
smile.
I'm sure you think that's clever, but calling a dog's tail its tail doesn't make the tail what it is. And if enough people call it a leg for a long enough period, a leg it will become. Would it be any different? No, but the language would be. Am I drunk? Not enough.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17524 Apr 6, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
If you call the a$$ on a horse a Kimare, what is it? Still a Kuntmary.
I'm a proud jack ass, not a horse.

Just add ignorance to your denial.

Smile.

Location hidden

#17525 Apr 6, 2013
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you think that's clever, but calling a dog's tail its tail doesn't make the tail what it is. And if enough people call it a leg for a long enough period, a leg it will become. Would it be any different? No, but the language would be. Am I drunk? Not enough.
Words describe reality. When the word 'leg' comes to describe a tail, what describes the leg?

Moreover, would the tail become the same as a leg? Of course not.

Hence the problem with calling an imposter relationship marriage.

Smile.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17526 Apr 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
smile.
<quoted text>
Another question you can't answer.
smile.
You can't answer questions posed you. Imposter of faith comes to mind. Limited minds cannot expand to progress. Ha,ha.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17527 Apr 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a proud jack ass,
I agree 100% with that statement.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17528 Apr 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
smile.
Answer: A person who can't tell the difference. That describes you.
Greg

AOL

#17529 Apr 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Words describe reality. When the word 'leg' comes to describe a tail, what describes the leg?
Smile.
Yes, words describe reality, but they do not make it. As for marriage, that reality is changing, the language (and the word "marriage") will, too.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17530 Apr 6, 2013
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the bible. If people keep calling it true/real, then that's what it becomes to them
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17531 Apr 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Reality is you believe in fantasy. Imposter relationships are those in denial of having one. As when 2 people claim no interest in each other but are usually together. Otherwise any time 2 or more people,its a relationship. From family members to friends to aquantences all come under relationship. Intimate relationship is usually involving just 2.
Greg

AOL

#17532 Apr 6, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Just like the bible. If people keep calling it true/real, then that's what it becomes to them
Who is "them"? Don't let what you see on TV while you're flipping through channels on a Sunday morning fool you into thinking that THAT is what modern Christianity is in this country or in the world. Christianity is not monolithic (nor is any religion).
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17533 Apr 6, 2013
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "them"? Don't let what you see on TV while you're flipping through channels on a Sunday morning fool you into thinking that THAT is what modern Christianity is in this country or in the world. Christianity is not monolithic (nor is any religion).
"Them" are those brainwashed by the religious dictators. I was agreeing with you on too tall talls lead to believing.
Greg

AOL

#17534 Apr 6, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> "Them" are those brainwashed by the religious dictators. I was agreeing with you on too tall talls lead to believing.
I understand, let's just be careful not to paint with too broad a brush. That 58%(and growing) of people you mentioned as supporting gay marriage contains millions of Christians.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17535 Apr 6, 2013
I
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand, let's just be careful not to paint with too broad a brush. That 58%(and growing) of people you mentioned as supporting gay marriage contains millions of Christians.
I know. I been with christians that are supportive. I was christian to. It's those like Kmare using that faith as a tool to cause as much harm and hatred that boils within them. I have said I respect a persons belief. However if a person uses a belief to belittle me, then I'll use their belief with like insults. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you'.

Location hidden

#17536 Apr 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, words describe reality, but they do not make it. As for marriage, that reality is changing, the language (and the word "marriage") will, too.
Words describing reality, not making it was exactly MY point.

You are trying to change the meaning of the word 'marriage'. By your own words, that will not change reality.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Yes, you are drinking too much...

Smile.

Location hidden

#17538 Apr 7, 2013
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus confronted religious people who violated the truth about marriage with these words;

Matthew 19:4-6 (MSG)
4 He answered, "Haven't you read in your Bible that the Creator originally made man and woman for each other, male and female?
5 And because of this, a man leaves father and mother and is firmly bonded to his wife, becoming one flesh┬Śno longer two bodies but one.
6 Because God created this organic union of the two sexes, no one should desecrate his art by cutting them apart."

Smile.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17539 Apr 7, 2013
Human bodies made of the same physical ingredients. This "religious bonding" as the 2 becoming one is just metophor. No matter the ritual and words, the married couple are still one. Where do you see 2 people merging into one being? What about divorce? What? The 2 bodies pull apart from one to two? No. They were separate before,during, after. For man and woman to become one in the flesh, you'd have a shemale. By the way, what are they to do when in love? How do they marry legally? This puts another angle to marriage.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17540 Apr 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Words describe reality.
And the reality is that the word marriage now represents same-sex marriage as well as traditional marriage. Once again, marriage has evolved.

There's your slide of reality pie for today, Kuntmary.
SHADOW

Bulverde, TX

#17541 Apr 7, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Gay marriage impossible? Guess what? It happened. There are married S.S. couples. Marriage isn't just about design. ANY married couple will testify to that. Fullfilled relatiinships S.S. couples have. Seen it for myself. Deprivation of family? Ever hear of single parenting? I also told of how not every 2 parent home is great. Abusive parents, more common than should be unfortunately, proves that is'nt always the best home for children. Look at the cases out there! Absentee parents,no child support from one or both children. Violent imitation of sexual intimacy? NO. The intimacy between I and this otber guy been nothing less than expressing love in and out of bed. You know nothing about it. I do. I live it.
Expressing love in bed?????? WTH does that mean?
Be honest little guy

Location hidden

#17542 Apr 7, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
Human bodies made of the same physical ingredients. This "religious bonding" as the 2 becoming one is just metophor. No matter the ritual and words, the married couple are still one. Where do you see 2 people merging into one being? What about divorce? What? The 2 bodies pull apart from one to two? No. They were separate before,during, after. For man and woman to become one in the flesh, you'd have a shemale. By the way, what are they to do when in love? How do they marry legally? This puts another angle to marriage.
Sorry Vicky,

Sexual union in marriage is a reunion of our evolutionary roots. It harkens back to the earliest pre-gender life forms. Profound that the Bible takes note of that!

Moreover, it is another evidence against ss 'marriage' that redumbant gendered unions are incapable of any such reunion.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 21 min Respect71 42,872
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Harry Hay 4,720
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 3 hr Sorry Hill 2,119
News Wal-Mart adds insurance coverage for transgende... 4 hr Tango1676 2
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 hr Golden Rule 22,465
News Kaine says Catholic Church might change on gay ... 4 hr Licks8751 75
News Gay pride assembly at Virginia Beach school pos... 5 hr Mitts Gold Taliblets 9
More from around the web