Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 33282 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17388 Apr 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"The relugious always insult first."
A bigoted lie exposing hatred and ignorance.
No insult, just the facts.
Smile.
That's right!! Look at any of my posts. None insulting UNTIL it is said to me. Fine example of religious followers. Just the facts isn't said alone. Postings coupled with insults. Guess scripture can't hold up on its own. Always some smirky reply. And those are the facts.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17389 Apr 1, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps, but what percentage attend as place of worship regularly?
Believers are the backbone of the Church. I don't have an answer to your question but whether I am in my Church or at the table we give thanks for everything we have.
God is a very important part of my life-He is the reason for my life.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17390 Apr 1, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!.... Well,.....
I went back and found Vic Torre's first post on this thread.
It is post #17199.
In this post, Vic Torre insults no one, instead merely expressing a personal view from his own experience.
I replied, wondering if his view might be somewhat limited. Although, I expressed my opinion, based upon the fact that all of our objective experiences leave us with a limited viewpoint, that reply could still be construed as an insult.
Then, in post 17207, Kimare replied, saying, "Maybe you are the problem."
Clearly, that was intended as an insult, even if only subtly offensive. It implies that any fault for a limited view should be put back onto Vic Torre.
Seems Torre's assertion that the religious always insult first has some basis in fact.
Rev. Ken
Thank you very much!! Well said. The post numbers of replies do not show on my phone. Why I don't know. Those reply numbers dif on my desk top computer. Now I only have an iphone and post #s not on it.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17391 Apr 1, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> And 64% of people in the US support gay marriage. I'm sure some go to church.
And 2-3 % of the population claim to be queer, what is your point?
Many young people make up that "as long as it doesn't hurt me" attitude. If you simply look at the gay pride parades with their filthy attitude most civilized people would not condone that in their towns.
Somehow these freaks of nature think rubbing their perverted ways in our face is going to somehow get them accepted. It does just the opposite driving normal people away.
Please don't confuse believers with head counts in Church.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17392 Apr 1, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
And 2-3 % of the population claim to be queer, what is your point?
Many young people make up that "as long as it doesn't hurt me" attitude. If you simply look at the gay pride parades with their filthy attitude most civilized people would not condone that in their towns.
Somehow these freaks of nature think rubbing their perverted ways in our face is going to somehow get them accepted. It does just the opposite driving normal people away.
Please don't confuse believers with head counts in Church.
The estimate is 10%. Them there is the bisexuals. After that the heteros that just want a casual-no reciprocation-sex. If you look at Mardi Gras so many heteros with filthy attitudes that are not condoned. Frgot about that hetero stuff? Then the htero spring breakers. You see anything wholesome with that? More of it than anything gay. But because it brings big money to town and buisness,you heteris see it as a "right of passage"to youth. Mardi Grad adults doong fornications. Well known to but you leave that out of debate I guess because its hetero. I have to put up with heteto sexual rants and conquests year round. TV ads,radio,newspaper ads,billboards with hetero sexuality as is not intended by god. You defend those acts? You see far less gay sexual things compared to what is out there hetero sexual things. You think that's normal to flaunt hetero sexuality like a pack if animals? Cheapening sex as buisness rather than for godliness intent.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17393 Apr 1, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> The estimate is 10%. Them there is the bisexuals. After that the heteros that just want a casual-no reciprocation-sex. If you look at Mardi Gras so many heteros with filthy attitudes that are not condoned. Frgot about that hetero stuff? Then the htero spring breakers. You see anything wholesome with that? More of it than anything gay. But because it brings big money to town and buisness,you heteris see it as a "right of passage"to youth. Mardi Grad adults doong fornications. Well known to but you leave that out of debate I guess because its hetero. I have to put up with heteto sexual rants and conquests year round. TV ads,radio,newspaper ads,billboards with hetero sexuality as is not intended by god. You defend those acts? You see far less gay sexual things compared to what is out there hetero sexual things. You think that's normal to flaunt hetero sexuality like a pack if animals? Cheapening sex as buisness rather than for godliness intent.
Hate to break your hateful thought train but we were talking about queers and yes they are filthy and disgusting animals.
2-3% is more like it but your gonna count all you can.
Vick Torre

Elizabeth, NJ

#17394 Apr 1, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to break your hateful thought train but we were talking about queers and yes they are filthy and disgusting animals.
Talk aboit hateful- you post the hateful contents,not I,as noted in a previous post by another poster noticing I don't hate. Only respond to it likewise. Not aware of what you wrote? The esyimate is 10%,not by my headcounting. National polls give that estimate. You're just trying to reduce those counts to make it look like a small precentage don't matter. An old saying-" even if ONLY one persons rights ignored,than we all are subject to having our rights ignored.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17395 Apr 1, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Jesus would approve this comment?
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17396 Apr 1, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Talk aboit hateful- you post the hateful contents,not I,as noted in a previous post by another poster noticing I don't hate. Only respond to it likewise. Not aware of what you wrote? The esyimate is 10%,not by my headcounting. National polls give that estimate. You're just trying to reduce those counts to make it look like a small precentage don't matter. An old saying-" even if ONLY one persons rights ignored,than we all are subject to having our rights ignored.
Ahhh yes the old talking points.
Yes if one person's rights are denyed..........
Problem is what you people want.
If a man wants to join the Girl Scouts he is denied right. If a woman wants to join the Boy Scouts she is denied. Ohhh No
They don't qualify being the wrong sex. Now you same sexers want to erase those lines of decency and then rub it in everyone's face.
Marriage =1 man and 1 woman period,
you can't marry your dog not your cat not the donkey either.
So now animal "lovers" rights are being taken away right.
How about the 40 year old man who wants to have sex with a 10 year old, are his rights being denyed as well in your mind.
It is called morality because as humans we have the ability to see right from wrong. It is called a thinking mind.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17397 Apr 1, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Talk aboit hateful- you post the hateful contents,not I,as noted in a previous post by another poster noticing I don't hate. Only respond to it likewise. Not aware of what you wrote? The esyimate is 10%,not by my headcounting. National polls give that estimate. You're just trying to reduce those counts to make it look like a small precentage don't matter. An old saying-" even if ONLY one persons rights ignored,than we all are subject to having our rights ignored.
Really..........
Gay Lobby Admits Overestimate

According to a piece on the Traditional Values Coalition's website, the gay lobby was forced to admit their overestimated claims of the 10% number.

This admission took place in a Friend of the Court brief filed with the U.S. Supreme Court on March 26, 2003 in the Lawrence v. Texas, known as the Texas sodomy case. In this case, homosexuals are trying to have the Texas law against sodomy declared unconstitutional by the Court.

In footnote 42 on page 16 of this legal brief, 31 homosexual and pro-homosexual groups admitted the following: "The most widely accepted study of sexual practices in the United States is the National Health and Social Life Survey (NHSLS). The NHSLS found that 2.8% of the male, and 1.4% of the female, population identify themselves as gay, lesbian, or bisexual. See Laumann, et al, The Social Organization of Sex: Sexual Practices in the United States (1994). This amounts to nearly 4 million openly gay men and 2 million women who identify as lesbian."

Location hidden

#17398 Apr 1, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
If a man wants to join the Girl Scouts he is denied right. If a woman wants to join the Boy Scouts she is denied. Ohhh No
They don't qualify being the wrong sex. Now you same sexers want to erase those lines of decency and then rub it in everyone's face.
How about the 40 year old man who wants to have sex with a 10 year old, are his rights being denyed as well in your mind.
It is called morality because as humans we have the ability to see right from wrong. It is called a thinking mind.
You don't have talking points? LMAO

Stereotype? Not very bright.

False inference. Decency and gender are unrelated.

What is consent? Looks like you have no idea.

Morality? You don't know what it is.

BIG FAIL

NEXT
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17399 Apr 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
BIG FAIL
NEXT
Wasn't posting to you.
What's wrong no one will post to you? Wonder why?
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17400 Apr 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
BIG FAIL
NEXT
Instead of attacking me attack this. Just can't adress my post can you because your buddy LIED. You all can say there is 50-60% queers and it still doesn't make it so. Do you always speak in sound bites?

According to a piece on the Traditional Values Coalition's website, the gay lobby was forced to admit their overestimated claims of the 10% number

Location hidden

#17401 Apr 1, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't posting to you.
What's wrong no one will post to you? Wonder why?
This is an open forum.

NEXT
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17402 Apr 1, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of attacking me attack this. Just can't adress my post can you because your buddy LIED. You all can say there is 50-60% queers and it still doesn't make it so. Do you always speak in sound bites?
According to a piece on the Traditional Values Coalition's website, the gay lobby was forced to admit their overestimated claims of the 10% number
You lie. Can't handle the truth obviously. You have difficulty being civil.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17403 Apr 1, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
what we want is equality. Nothing more. Whatever heteros are allowed, then we should be allowed. As for girlscouts-boyscouts,whatever heteros can legally do then the same for us. That way no lines of decency erased. Sodomy. If you were sexually experienced,you'd know heteros perform sodomy. The last U.S. census shows more than your 2-3 % claiming as gay. Consenting adults applies to all. Go to the human sexuality forum and witness the same sex desires as gays. I think about that when I read about those hetero desires and compare to gays. Lots of flith there. To mention gay sex acts as worse is wrong. You still display that "do as I say,not as I do" mentality. Where's their morality of right/wrong? The stuff I read that heteros want. OH MY!
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17404 Apr 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an open forum.
NEXT
And some think an invitation is required. I guess some are afraid of their own -shadow. Frightened of the light of truth. Hi wastewater! Thanks for speaking up on my behalf.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#17405 Apr 1, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> You lie. Can't handle the truth obviously. You have difficulty being civil.
Ahhh now why would you say that?
Just because I busted you on your 10% lie is no reason to act like that LIAR.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17406 Apr 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Jesus would approve this comment?
I hear the teachings call all of us filthy. Why a saviour was sent. That memo ignored by shadow. Thinking he is "holier tha thou"! LOL!!
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17407 Apr 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
BIG FAIL
NEXT
I always doubt sincerity of anyone that can't debate without hateful words. Because only weak arguments need to stoop to those lowblows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 2 min pearl 3,826
News Can Rick Santorum escape his past? 7 min kuda 36
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 29 min Pietro Armando 59,810
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 43 min Pat Robertson s F... 283
News The Christian owners of a bakery found to have ... 44 min NoahLovesU 28
News Islanders protest gay-marriage ban - Hawaii News (Feb '09) 1 hr NoahLovesU 278
News Arkansas Justices Reject New Arguments in Gay M... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 7
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr NoahLovesU 21,822
News Ireland same-sex marriage 2 hr NoahLovesU 360
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 2 hr nhjeff 5,745
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 5 hr Pat Robertson s F... 348
Are the mods fair and balanced? 11 hr Friend of Poof1 842
More from around the web