Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 775)

Showing posts 15,481 - 15,500 of24,350
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)
Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
Genius, you have beat that dead horse so much it isn't even recognizable as a horse.
Why don't you try answering some of these other claims you've made?

Please prove your assertion that science thinks that something can be made from nothing.
Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

Robert

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Radiation existed since the beginning so Moses easily could have been exposed to it. As for aliens, seen shows how the possibility of that.After all,no need for god to create billions of galaxies just for fun. Must be life elsewhere and that is left ouy of the bible-why all those galaxies at extreme distances we'll never reach and we did'nt even discover till 20th century? SMILE!!!
You didn't answer the question.

Of course radiation existed since creation. How did an ancient, distorted, stupid book, according to you, accurately describe the effects and danger of radiation unless it was not only was an actual encounter with an Alien, but also the Jewish culture the product of that encounter?

Here is another question; Who says Heaven and Hell are not other universes with distinct dimensions?

Just a note. Look up the description of the Big Bang at the moment of conception. What went bang and where did it come from?

Smirk smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Vick Torre wrote:
Physical evidence of high technology of past civilisations not spoken og in the bible. Worldwide massive construction of rock that only specialized tools could achieve and some yet not achieveable today. Obvious that knowledge was great long ago but silence about it in religious writings. Once again proving the bible ignores such civilisations avoiding these facts. Like taking the 5th ammendment to protect its lies. No ones fault but thr bible writers. Discoveries making the bible look like a scam. Perhaps a Bernie Maddox of ancient times? Smiles!
Putting big blocks together is a sign of 'high technology'?

Here is a difference; There is no culture of any length like the Jewish culture. Nor is there any culture that produces the profound impacts that the Jews do. In spite of incessant persecution and bigotry.

Keep trying Vick, you are just exposing how shallow your search is and the victim mentality you live by.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius, you have beat that dead horse so much it isn't even recognizable as a horse.
Why don't you try answering some of these other claims you've made?
Please prove your assertion that science thinks that something can be made from nothing.
Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.
Robert
Honey, you are a gnat that no one bothers to swat.

Snicker.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
You have to swat 'cuz Kuntmary ain't got no answers to some really basic questions.

Troll on, Kuntmary. FYI, my your vagina (and by "your vagina" I mean me) has a Biblical radiactive glow again. What are we going to do about that?
Vick Torre

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question.
Of course radiation existed since creation. How did an ancient, distorted, stupid book, according to you, accurately describe the effects and danger of radiation unless it was not only was an actual encounter with an Alien, but also the Jewish culture the product of that encounter?
Here is another question; Who says Heaven and Hell are not other universes with distinct dimensions?
Just a note. Look up the description of the Big Bang at the moment of conception. What went bang and where did it come from?
Smirk smile.
How about answering mine? Easy to accurately describe radiation effects. Where did the big bang come from? I answered that. You did'nt answer where god came from. Waiting for your answer.
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
"Swat"? That rhymes with twat.
Come on Genius, surely you can back up a single one of your claims, can't you?

Robert
Vick Torre

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting big blocks together is a sign of 'high technology'?
Here is a difference; There is no culture of any length like the Jewish culture. Nor is there any culture that produces the profound impacts that the Jews do. In spite of incessant persecution and bigotry.
Keep trying Vick, you are just exposing how shallow your search is and the victim mentality you live by.
Smile.
You're avoiding the majority of what I said to rationalize your stance. I said about the tools needed to penetrat large blocks with precision. Rocks as hard as diamonds and so massive we still can't do that now. It would take diamond tipped carbide drills or a laser to recreate the work of those carvings. A technology supposedly not yet exsisting. Bronze tools would never achieve that precision. Not in the bible about such feats. Then placing those 50 ton blocks of rock in place back then. That type of activity conviently left out grom the bible. You get posting to show you level of ignorance. Its amusing. And sad to know there are those of you so lacking to "think outside thr book". IF THE BIBLE was true all those occurances would be spoken of and included in the bible IF there is no reason to hide those truths from us. Religion is just an ancient cultist concept for rulers/priests-cardinals etc to keep people under their control. Great eay to rule-tell all about some being they can't see or fight and has absolute power and if they don't do as we say,incite fear of everlasting torment. Like I said and you don't address-the bible gives the image of a too human god that suffers from mental issues. Because kings and dictators wrote it. The only greatness of the bible is that it still has those like you brainwashed. Not a good sign of your character. Does you're head rattle when you shake it?
Join Free
Vick Torre

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

See Kimare,I can insult to. What does that get anyone? NOWHERE in a debate. I came on here to give honest inquires into this subject. Need disagreements to make progress. Buy as always,the religious make the first strike. They insult belittle. What do you really expect in return when you do that.? Pleasantries? Geez! If all you believe in the bible as true, why so defensive. If the bible is true it'd hold up on it's own.And all My questions would have the answers in it. Then this forum would'nt be on here.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Vick Torre wrote:
See Kimare,I can insult to. What does that get anyone? NOWHERE in a debate. I came on here to give honest inquires into this subject. Need disagreements to make progress. Buy as always,the religious make the first strike. They insult belittle. What do you really expect in return when you do that.? Pleasantries? Geez! If all you believe in the bible as true, why so defensive. If the bible is true it'd hold up on it's own.And all My questions would have the answers in it. Then this forum would'nt be on here.
Kuntmary isn't here for a debate. He's just here to be incendiary. He'll name call and insult all day long, but get's ass sissy "ad homoan" when the same is done to him.

His opinions are facts; everyone else's opinions are lies.

It's no wonder he's a failed UCC pastor from Hawaii and runs a crappy blog called the Watchmann.
Brad

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

After well over 17,000 posts, with 2,000 so damaging to the radical homosexual cause that they have been removed, NO ONE has been able to cite a single Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that placs in question the Bible's many condemnations and prohibitions against all homosexual acts, which are of course found repeatedly in both Testaments.

There really isn't room for any disagreement on this point. Either you accept the God revealed in the Bible, or your don't.

A homosexual lifestyle choice is in open rebellion against Him.

“Marriage Equality”

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Brad wrote:
After well over 17,000 posts, with 2,000 so damaging to the radical homosexual cause that they have been removed, NO ONE has been able to cite a single Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that placs in question the Bible's many condemnations and prohibitions against all homosexual acts, which are of course found repeatedly in both Testaments.
There really isn't room for any disagreement on this point. Either you accept the God revealed in the Bible, or your don't.
Yawn, so not worth the effort, Bible Parrot.
Vick Torre

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Kuntmary isn't here for a debate. He's just here to be incendiary. He'll name call and insult all day long, but get's ass sissy "ad homoan" when the same is done to him.
His opinions are facts; everyone else's opinions are lies.
It's no wonder he's a failed UCC pastor from Hawaii and runs a crappy blog called the Watchmann.
Thanks for letting know something of his background. Hides behind religion to justify his obsession of righteousness (misguided).
Vick Torre

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Brad wrote:
Gay radical cause? Its about equality. Which many races fought for to gain. Just heard today 56% of this nation supports gay marriage. How many of them go to church? So many condemnations against homosexuality? Why? That much focus on same sex relations? Must have bren a lot of gay old times going on. Gays don't choose no more than you made a decision to be HATER-ROSEXUAL. Gays have tried to UN-gay themselves others did suicide because of the stuggles to go straight. Sound like a chioce yet? Would you go through such heartache-pain-rejection-viole nce done you because of a choice? So easy to avoid harm to just choose the hetero way. You just won't consider that. The bible is a book created as a tool by kings/queens, whatever to control peoples lives. You still buy into it. Keep people from gathering to overthrow the ruling class because they are greatly outnumbered. The bible baloney protected them. Still goes on today with some middle east countries and North Korrea calling the U.S. the evil empire. That includes you of being of the evil empire. Because of their religious beliefs. How you like being a citizen of the evil empire?
Byron

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> Gay radical cause? Its about equality. Which many races fought for to gain. Just heard today 56% of this nation supports gay marriage. How many of them go to church? So many condemnations against homosexuality? Why? That much focus on same sex relations? Must have bren a lot of gay old times going on. Gays don't choose no more than you made a decision to be HATER-ROSEXUAL. Gays have tried to UN-gay themselves others did suicide because of the stuggles to go straight. Sound like a chioce yet? Would you go through such heartache-pain-rejection-viole nce done you because of a choice? So easy to avoid harm to just choose the hetero way. You just won't consider that. The bible is a book created as a tool by kings/queens, whatever to control peoples lives. You still buy into it. Keep people from gathering to overthrow the ruling class because they are greatly outnumbered. The bible baloney protected them. Still goes on today with some middle east countries and North Korrea calling the U.S. the evil empire. That includes you of being of the evil empire. Because of their religious beliefs. How you like being a citizen of the evil empire?
Why are you trolling thread about a book you've never read?

The Bible forever condemns all homosexual behavior. It teaches that all men are born in a sinful fallen state.

Are you claiming that you and other homosexuals are less than human and have no choice of whether or no to engage in the God-forbidden unspeakable acts that alone defne and identify homosexuals?
Fred

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>Yawn, so not worth the effort, Bible Parrot.
What are you wanting when you yawn like that?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

We are all sinners according to the direction of the Christian bible. Why don't you figure out, that evil wins on this earth in the end. Scary but you didn't get to the end of the book.

Sorry to be a spoiler but the Devil did it.
Vick Torre

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Byron wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you trolling thread about a book you've never read?
The Bible forever condemns all homosexual behavior. It teaches that all men are born in a sinful fallen state.
Are you claiming that you and other homosexuals are less than human and have no choice of whether or no to engage in the God-forbidden unspeakable acts that alone defne and identify homosexuals?
just as you are trolling baloney. I went yo catholic school had read parts of the bible,seen shows,documentaries,listened to priests. I can't go on reading something that has inconsistancies and senseless acts which I posted why. To simplify-the bible dipictes this god as not so supreme being with too many human fallicies. Not I. You say you read the bible and have'nt noticed this? You and this bible worry at great lenghts over what 2 guys do in a relationship than the real destructiveness of what Wall street C.E.O.s and government done to its citizens. You claim 2 same sex mates are worse than what has been done to ALL people by heteros? Yes the ones that go to church then have meetings to find more ways to benefit themselves at the cost of people trying yo survive and raise families. See any harm there? Just read some newspapers and TV and witness how we all are being raped. Got to put the bible down to get that info.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn, so not worth the effort, Bible Parrot.
We should just ignore that thing. It is sub-human.
Wil

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Mister Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
We should just ignore that thing. It is sub-human.
Mister Ford, you choose to live in open rebellion against God's Word, pathetically trying to dress as a woman against God's Command and choosing to define your life by homosexuality, which God also forbids.

Why do you trell Bible threads, Mister Ford?

Guilt?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,481 - 15,500 of24,350
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••