Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36050 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Fred

Chesapeake, OH

#17285 Mar 23, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>Yawn, so not worth the effort, Bible Parrot.
What are you wanting when you yawn like that?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#17286 Mar 23, 2013
We are all sinners according to the direction of the Christian bible. Why don't you figure out, that evil wins on this earth in the end. Scary but you didn't get to the end of the book.

Sorry to be a spoiler but the Devil did it.
Vick Torre

Newark, NJ

#17287 Mar 23, 2013
Byron wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you trolling thread about a book you've never read?
The Bible forever condemns all homosexual behavior. It teaches that all men are born in a sinful fallen state.
Are you claiming that you and other homosexuals are less than human and have no choice of whether or no to engage in the God-forbidden unspeakable acts that alone defne and identify homosexuals?
just as you are trolling baloney. I went yo catholic school had read parts of the bible,seen shows,documentaries,listened to priests. I can't go on reading something that has inconsistancies and senseless acts which I posted why. To simplify-the bible dipictes this god as not so supreme being with too many human fallicies. Not I. You say you read the bible and have'nt noticed this? You and this bible worry at great lenghts over what 2 guys do in a relationship than the real destructiveness of what Wall street C.E.O.s and government done to its citizens. You claim 2 same sex mates are worse than what has been done to ALL people by heteros? Yes the ones that go to church then have meetings to find more ways to benefit themselves at the cost of people trying yo survive and raise families. See any harm there? Just read some newspapers and TV and witness how we all are being raped. Got to put the bible down to get that info.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#17288 Mar 23, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn, so not worth the effort, Bible Parrot.
We should just ignore that thing. It is sub-human.
Wil

Pekin, IL

#17289 Mar 23, 2013
Mister Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Mister Ford, you choose to live in open rebellion against God's Word, pathetically trying to dress as a woman against God's Command and choosing to define your life by homosexuality, which God also forbids.

Why do you trell Bible threads, Mister Ford?

Guilt?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17291 Mar 23, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct Lulu. David is sub-human. ROTFLMAO
Says It All

Santa Cruz, CA

#17292 Mar 23, 2013
Wil wrote:
<quoted text>Mister Ford, you choose to live in open rebellion against God's Word, pathetically trying to dress as a woman against God's Command and choosing to define your life by homosexuality, which God also forbids.
Why do you trell Bible threads, Mister Ford?
Guilt?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?
WTF?
Oy
Oy
WTF?
WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
Robsan5

Chesapeake, OH

#17294 Mar 24, 2013
Says It All wrote:
<quoted text>WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WT F?WTF?WT F?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?
WTF?
Oy
Oy
WTF?
WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?
Thanks Snyper, guess you told him.

Robert

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17295 Mar 24, 2013
However, the real question is, why do ss couples find it so hard to establish their own identity?

It's not about rights, those can and have been addressed in other ways.

It's not about family, most people like (and want) having their one natural mother and father together and raising them. A gay couple is never more than one of those, and always missing a gender.

It's not about acceptance, this forum and history are evidence that many will never accept that ss couples are the same as marriage. The only result of forcing that on people is a greater resentment, not acceptance.

You need to ask yourself why it is impossible for you to never successfully counter that inner sense of sexual brokenness.
Vick Torre

Orange, NJ

#17296 Mar 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
However, the real question is, why do ss couples find it so hard to establish their own identity?
It's not about family, most people like (and want) having their one natural mother and father together and raising them. A gay couple is never more than one of those, and always missing a gender.
It's not about acceptance, this forum and history are evidence that many will never accept that ss couples are the same as marriage. The only result of forcing that on people is a greater resentment, not acceptance.
You need to ask yourself why it is impossible for you to never successfully counter that inner sense of sexual brokenness.
S.S.couples are fine in their identity. See if with couples on TV and news. And rights are not equal. Just read about it this morning. And it is about family. Gays come from families. Meet a hetero couple on my brothers street and their daughter is in a S.S relationship and both families ok with that. U.S. census now regonizes any people living together-friends that have no more family for example now considered family. My mother had to grow up in a one parent home after her father died. Many people raised by one parent. Also having a father/mother can be a terrible environment. Read 2 days ago these hetero forced their daughter to have sex with strangers for additional income in my neighborhood! Then there are runaway children. Father/mother homes not sounding so great. While a gay couple can have their own children or adopt. And those children raised just as well as any hetero couple. Yestetday on news-56% of Americans now support gay marriage. "Brokeness!" I witnessed happy S.S. couples. People are people. Same problems occur as in any hosehold, same happiness also. We're all made of the same materials. Statements like yours only fall on those of limited capacities. You think people are not aware of what goes on? They see and hear the same issues I do and draw their own conclusions. I have. Look and listen and all us there for anyone to see. Only clouded views miss reality.
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#17297 Mar 24, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Snyper, guess you told him.
Robert
Thanks alternate universe Robert, I guess you told him for telling him!
You crack me up.

Robert
Mona Lott

Luton, UK

#17298 Mar 24, 2013
Have you begun your repentance yet?
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#17299 Mar 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Gregory, for being a self-professed "gender expert", you don't know much, do you?
You need to ask yourself why you can't prove any of your "facts":

Please prove your assertion that science thinks that something can be made from nothing.
Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

BTW, that's a nice picture of you and your schnauzer.

Robert

Location hidden

#17300 Mar 24, 2013
Vick Torre wrote:
<quoted text> S.S.couples are fine in their identity. See if with couples on TV and news. And rights are not equal. Just read about it this morning. And it is about family. Gays come from families. Meet a hetero couple on my brothers street and their daughter is in a S.S relationship and both families ok with that. U.S. census now regonizes any people living together-friends that have no more family for example now considered family. My mother had to grow up in a one parent home after her father died. Many people raised by one parent. Also having a father/mother can be a terrible environment. Read 2 days ago these hetero forced their daughter to have sex with strangers for additional income in my neighborhood! Then there are runaway children. Father/mother homes not sounding so great. While a gay couple can have their own children or adopt. And those children raised just as well as any hetero couple. Yestetday on news-56% of Americans now support gay marriage. "Brokeness!" I witnessed happy S.S. couples. People are people. Same problems occur as in any hosehold, same happiness also. We're all made of the same materials. Statements like yours only fall on those of limited capacities. You think people are not aware of what goes on? They see and hear the same issues I do and draw their own conclusions. I have. Look and listen and all us there for anyone to see. Only clouded views miss reality.
Vick,

My impression of you is three-fold;
-A serious comprehension problem. I'm curious to know if others have mentioned that to you.
-Denial. In the post above, you equate all types of families as equal in outcome for the children. Simply and clearly not true.
-OT prophets and Jesus spoke of those who have eyes and don't see and ears but don't hear.

Smile.

Location hidden

#17301 Mar 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gregory, for being a self-professed "gender expert", you don't know much, do you?
You need to ask yourself why you can't prove any of your "facts":

Robert
Robert,

I am a monster mutation. I faced it, and freely admit it. People appreciate that honest frankness and openness. I don't have a problem with people handling it.

On the other hand, most gays refuse to acknowledge a reality that every culture has had an innate sense of, and demand that others accept their denial. People resent that demand to pretend and ignore the consequences of denial.

I'm simply saying that is double whammy backlash for gays. Resentment and consequences. Hardly a way to really win hearts and minds...
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#17302 Mar 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Vick,
-A serious comprehension problem. I'm curious to know if others have mentioned that to you.
-Denial. In the post above, you equate all types of families as equal in outcome for the children. Simply and clearly not true.
-OT prophets and Jesus spoke of those who have eyes and don't see and ears but don't hear.
Smile.
Gregory, you haven't comprehended that you have yet to prove a single one of your "facts":

Please prove your assertion that science thinks that something can be made from nothing.
Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

BTW, nice picture of you and your schnauzer.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

Robert
Wow

Pekin, IL

#17304 Mar 24, 2013
Not one of the numerous hateful radical homosexual Spamners posting here has been able to cite even one Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many condemnations and prohibitions against all homosexual behavior.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17305 Mar 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Opinions of of freak show want to be. Do you really expect us to live or lives to satisfy you? Ain't gonna happen, Kuntmary.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17306 Mar 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Vick,
Smile.
Your mind is clouded. No where did I say all types of families as equals. You lying now to impress yourself? Pathetic.
Vick Torre

Baltimore, MD

#17307 Mar 24, 2013
Religion =delusional. Why I keep away from associating with them. Time after time when dealing with the religiously inclined, they exhibit nasty attitudes. Proof is on this very forum. Kindest people I know ignore religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 42 min Travis Turbil 13,071
Transgender "woman" convicted of raping 10-year... 46 min Travis Turbil 2
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 3 hr Astro 2,570
News Anti-gay Southern Decadence preacher arrested o... (Feb '11) 4 hr BAC SOLDIER 31
News The fascinating sex life of Jonathan, the 186-y... 4 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 3
News Prominent chefs oppose baker in major gay right... 4 hr Luther 6
News Secret Symphony exhibit in Allentown explores t... 4 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 1
News Who would be a better president: Donald Trump o... 5 hr Noe 41
News Birth-record fix for gays falls to lower court 5 hr Travis Turbil 18
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 7 hr Newt G s Next Rel... 343
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 hr Freedomofexpression 57,593
More from around the web