Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
15,381 - 15,400 of 24,733 Comments Last updated 14 hrs ago

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Jake wrote:
Why does this go on and on?
Have none of you actually read the Bible?
It repeatedly condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.
What is so hard to understand about this?
No, it repeatedly says to love all.

I know you have a darned hard time knowing the difference between love and sex (especially with your history - see wife catching David having lustful sex with a man) but give it a try.

Forgive yourself first David and then you will have the compassion Jesus had.

We really should start charging you therapy fees....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

George

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Simpleton.
Every Jew knows the sin of Sodom was a lack of hospitality.
Take the clue before you turn to salt.....
Was Jude (a servant of Christ jesus and brother of James) not a Jew? He thought Sodom's sin was sexual immorality and perversion.
Jude 1-7.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

George wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Jude (a servant of Christ jesus and brother of James) not a Jew? He thought Sodom's sin was sexual immorality and perversion.
Jude 1-7.
What an idiot! The sin of Sodom was a sin against compassion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

George wrote:
<quoted text>
Jude 1-7.
Here why not get an education in this matter?

Here is what a real expert on Hebrew Scripture has to say.

http://www.thejewishchronicle.net/view/full_s...
David

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Simpleton.
Kuntmary knows that too; he tried to slip one passed us. Silly, pathetic little man.
Join Free
Robsan5

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

David wrote:
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
David, are christians still bound to follow all of the laws of Leviticus? Or only some of them? Or none of them?
Where in the bible does it say which is correct?
I'm asking because my son was disrespectful this past weekend, so should I kill him?

Robert

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

David wrote:
Impossible.

Proves what a useless and stupid book your Bible is huh?

NEXT
Rafe

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it repeatedly says to love all.
I know you have a darned hard time knowing the difference between love and sex (especially with your history - see wife catching David having lustful sex with a man) but give it a try.
Forgive yourself first David and then you will have the compassion Jesus had.
We really should start charging you therapy fees....
It repeatedly condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

If you loved someone, you would warn them of hellfire!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to your understanding lying, theft and murder are no longer wrong?
Do you think about the gay twirl you regurgitate???
Snicker.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
All this wasted time on the internet. Do you ever contemplate your Sandy vagina?
It is points like the one I make above that show the stupidity of your side over and over.

Damn embarrassing isn't it?

Do you think your idiotic diversions help or prove my points?

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sodomite was replaced because homosexual was an accurate update of language.
See how easy that was?
Smile.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Simpleton.
I wasn't talking about the sin of Sodom, I was talking about the meaning to the word 'Sodomite'.

Which happens to prove your claim silly stupid...

Seriously, isn't this embarrassing to you girls???

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot! The sin of Sodom was a sin against compassion.
The sin of Sodom sure looks like 'gay''compassion'...

And that's what everyone thinks...

For hundreds of years...

Snicker.
Robsan5

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
If you loved someone, you would warn them of hellfire!
You're not seriously saying that you love us, are you David?
David, are christians still bound to follow all of the laws of Leviticus? Or only some of them? Or none of them?

Robert
Robsan5

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to your understanding lying, theft and murder are no longer wrong?
Do you think about the gay twirl you regurgitate???
Snicker.
<quoted text>
It is points like the one I make above that show the stupidity of your side over and over.
Damn embarrassing isn't it?
Do you think your idiotic diversions help or prove my points?
Snicker.
Why don't you show us why these points of yours aren't stupid, Genius?

Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

Robert
Robsan5

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sodomite was replaced because homosexual was an accurate update of language.
See how easy that was?
Smile.
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about the sin of Sodom, I was talking about the meaning to the word 'Sodomite'.
Which happens to prove your claim silly stupid...
Seriously, isn't this embarrassing to you girls???
Smirk.
The only embarrassing thing here is your baseless claims, Genius:

Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Robert
Robsan5

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The sin of Sodom sure looks like 'gay''compassion'...
And that's what everyone thinks...
For hundreds of years...
Snicker.
And for thousands of years everyone thought the world was flat. Do you have a point, Genius?

Robert
ewan

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Amt013 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to start an arguement but we aren't all going to hell because we've all sined. We have to ask God for his forgiveness and he will forgive us. He wipes your slate clean and gives you a chance to start over. Why is it so hard for people to believe in God? The bible is a historical piece of literature. You believe in the holacaust don't you? The bible has more proof and backing than any other historical document. What is there to debate over??
ok this is going to start an argument but what i dont get is why a sane person could listen and believe every word a BOOK tells them there is no proof for or against gods exsistance so why do you follow ALL of his words you can follow sone of hus morals which most people of today fo follow but to believe homosexuality is the same as rape and adultary is dispicable love is love and no one can DECIDE who they love and you cant prove they have decided, justas we cant prove gid therefore why be imoral to human being when the god your preaching too MAY not exsist why say someone is wrong to love someone when you have ni hard evidence to prove him just as i cant prove he doesnt exsist thats why im kind and nice tiwards all who have moral views
Vick Torre

Asbury Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

52 years ago I believed in what was taught me. Why not? The people in my life I trusted. Parents-grandparents-neighbors . As I grew and become more experienced with life issues and began yo question more looking for answers, the less the bible made sense. Nothing in it matched anything I went through nor matched happenings in life of those around me. Took what I know,see,listen to the life of other people and compared to what the bible tells of creation became less plausable. Previous years of praying for answers-help went unanswered. If there id a god,he sure stays hidden and silent and no interest in interactive with his children. Like an absentee parent. Abandoned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••