Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36053 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17089 Mar 9, 2013
Buds wrote:
<quoted text>If you're going to troll Bible threads, you really should learn something about the Bible.
All homosexual behavior is repeatedly condemned in both Testaments and in the plainest of terms.
That fact stands for all eternity.
Sorry, friend.

That was never any fact.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17090 Mar 10, 2013
9. If you condemn children to parents of only one gender and deliberately deny children at least one natural parent

rK; Any such labelling as a condemnation or denial is your own opinion.

KiMare'a wrote; “My opinion?" The grief/detriment factor of losing the sole biological mother or father every person is allotted is a simple fact of nature and acknowledged cross culturally throughout human history. You attempt to demean the role of gender and birth parents so gay couples can be equated to natural families, to the detriment of the child! It is not just illogical denial, it is sadistic narcissistic deceit.

According to the latest, largest and most scientific study to date of seven family types, children in the homes of lesbian couples came in last, AFTER single parents. Male couples did not even rate. This was after a knowingly unscientific study was promoted in Courts asserting that lesbian couples were BETTER parents than biological parents! Where was your condemnation then?

Every study of children shows an immediate drastic and devastating drop in social health when children are raised outside a biological family.

It seems to me the facts are on my side, the personal 'opinion' is yours alone...
Robsan5

United States

#17091 Mar 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
9. If you condemn children to parents of only one gender and deliberately deny children at least one natural parent
KiMare'a wrote; “My opinion?" The grief/detriment factor of losing the sole biological mother or father every person is allotted is a simple fact of nature and acknowledged cross culturally throughout human history. You attempt to demean the role of gender and birth parents so gay couples can be equated to natural families, to the detriment of the child! It is not just illogical denial, it is sadistic narcissistic deceit.
According to the latest, largest and most scientific study to date of seven family types, children in the homes of lesbian couples came in last, AFTER single parents. Male couples did not even rate. This was after a knowingly unscientific study was promoted in Courts asserting that lesbian couples were BETTER parents than biological parents! Where was your condemnation then?
Every study of children shows an immediate drastic and devastating drop in social health when children are raised outside a biological family.
It seems to me the facts are on my side, the personal 'opinion' is yours alone...
Here are your "facts", Genius:

Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort.(Thanks for the BJ, NoIQ!)

Robert

Since: Mar 13

Wayland, MI

#17092 Mar 10, 2013
I've been gone for two years, I come back and the trolls are still here. What a shame!

Location hidden

#17093 Mar 10, 2013
MelinCA wrote:
I've been gone for two years, I come back and the trolls are still here. What a shame!
Welcome back!

Let the Trolls have their say. Its a free country and this is a place to freely blog your opinions.

If the Trolls can't express their one-sided, bigoted and hypocritical opinions, coupled with mischaracterizations, lies, innuendos and blatant falsehoods,....

how else are we going to have an opportunity to present counterpoints and show how the Teachings of Christ Jesus actually should be understood?

It's OK. Let them post all the Baloney they can muster!

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#17094 Mar 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
The study you have cited is bogus. Based upon form question interviews of 219 gay parents who were paid $20 apiece to answer an internet survey. Incorrect statistics. No. Not professional. Not documented properly. Sorry.

As I wrote previously,

"Any such labeling as a condemnation or denial is your own opinion."

You continue to deny the reality that children are being born into single-parent situations, when virtually half of all children in this nation are born to single parents or at one point or another in their upbringing are living in a single parent household.

You deny that some heterosexual marriages do result in very unfavorable parental conduct.

You deny that, in the past, closeted homosexuals, both male and female, found themselves trapped by social pressure in marriages of appearance and raising children they produced.

Is or was there something wrong with these children? Were they deprived because one or both of their parents was or were living a life of denial and compromised integrity?

Furthermore, since you do not personally know these children, the only judgment you can make is to stereotype what YOU think the result of their upbringing will or might produce.

No. You are not only wrong, you are ALL wrong. You simply do not know.

Fortunately, the Lord has delivered you into my hand and He is allowing me to spoon-feed you with the ideas that you have not had the opportunity to previously accept. Even if you deny these ideas now, you have to acknowledge them in order to respond to them. I've got you, Kimare; from here on out.

Here is another Blessing of Light for you, friend and brother:

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)

All of the little children, Kimare. Not just the ones YOU think are being raised properly. Maybe even ESPECIALLY the ones you think are being raised improperly. And very surely, Kimare, including those who have known from their earliest experience, that they are not exactly like all of the other children.

"I am the Way, the truth and the life." This is what He said.

Rev. Ken

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17096 Mar 10, 2013
Kuntmary is still burying her nose up Regnerus's backside, I see.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#17097 Mar 13, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
Kuntmary is still burying her nose up Regnerus's backside, I see.
Mark Regnerus’s “family structure” study has been a hot topic since it was released in June, namely because every single anti-gay conservative organization has cited it as evidence that same-sex couples are inferior parents. An internal audit by the academic journal that originally published it found the conclusions to be “bullshit” because Regnerus’s criteria was whether a kid’s parent ever had a same-sex relationship, regardless of how long it lasted or what role in played in parenting. In a new interview with Focus on the Family — a group invested in continuing to cite the study to oppose LGBT equality — Regnerus admits that the foundation of his study is too weak to draw the conclusions that many have made:

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/10/30/1110...

What a shame he was wrong and admits it.....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17098 Mar 13, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark Regnerus’s “family structure” study has been a hot topic since it was released in June, namely because every single anti-gay conservative organization has cited it as evidence that same-sex couples are inferior parents. An internal audit by the academic journal that originally published it found the conclusions to be “bullshit” because Regnerus’s criteria was whether a kid’s parent ever had a same-sex relationship, regardless of how long it lasted or what role in played in parenting. In a new interview with Focus on the Family — a group invested in continuing to cite the study to oppose LGBT equality — Regnerus admits that the foundation of his study is too weak to draw the conclusions that many have made:
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/10/30/1110...
What a shame he was wrong and admits it.....
Exactly. The study admittedly is a huge sampling error. It really is nothing more the anti-gay propaganda.

Location hidden

#17099 Mar 13, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
The study you have cited is bogus. Based upon form question interviews of 219 gay parents who were paid $20 apiece to answer an internet survey. Incorrect statistics. No. Not professional. Not documented properly. Sorry.
As I wrote previously,
"Any such labeling as a condemnation or denial is your own opinion."
You continue to deny the reality that children are being born into single-parent situations, when virtually half of all children in this nation are born to single parents or at one point or another in their upbringing are living in a single parent household.
You deny that some heterosexual marriages do result in very unfavorable parental conduct.
You deny that, in the past, closeted homosexuals, both male and female, found themselves trapped by social pressure in marriages of appearance and raising children they produced.
Is or was there something wrong with these children? Were they deprived because one or both of their parents was or were living a life of denial and compromised integrity?
Furthermore, since you do not personally know these children, the only judgment you can make is to stereotype what YOU think the result of their upbringing will or might produce.
No. You are not only wrong, you are ALL wrong. You simply do not know.
Fortunately, the Lord has delivered you into my hand and He is allowing me to spoon-feed you with the ideas that you have not had the opportunity to previously accept. Even if you deny these ideas now, you have to acknowledge them in order to respond to them. I've got you, Kimare; from here on out.
Here is another Blessing of Light for you, friend and brother:
"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
All of the little children, Kimare. Not just the ones YOU think are being raised properly. Maybe even ESPECIALLY the ones you think are being raised improperly. And very surely, Kimare, including those who have known from their earliest experience, that they are not exactly like all of the other children.
"I am the Way, the truth and the life." This is what He said.
Rev. Ken
'rev', you are lying again. Nor are you the first gay to slander the study. Which is why you make opinions rather than posting a valid peer review. All those were addressed by a peer review and the study was FULLY exonerated.

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/10/678...

As to 'denying that children live in single parent homes', you lie once again.

You lie that I deny there are poor heterosexual families. Another silly stupid charge.

You lie that I deny homosexuals deceived heterosexuals to marry. No one 'trapped' them, they made the decision freely to be deceitful, just as you are in making these claims.

Furthermore, you lie that I stated my 'opinion' about the social health of children in these situations. Every single valid social study has verified the severe negative affects of any family type outside of a biological family.

You then shift to lying about spiritual parentage and who is in whose hands. Just from your post, it is clear that you herald after the father of lies.

Satan tempted Jesus with twisted Scripture. Jesus replied with Scripture in Spirit and truth;

Luke 17:1-2 (NASB)
1 He said to His disciples, "It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come!
2 "It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble.

Smile.

Location hidden

#17100 Mar 13, 2013
10. If you ignore the design of sexual union to manipulate a harmful act

rK; What harm? Say what this harm is if you actually believe this.

KiMare'a wrote; First, it is obviously clear that the design of evolution is heterosexual sex. Duplicate gender sex is always only half of what nature intended. This is the core distinction about sex that you fail to face.

Moreover, anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. It requires major protections to even begin to make it marginally safe. And yet for gays, it is the closest imitation of marriage intimacy. Hardly something to equate with marriage, and one of the key reasons it is so offensive to so many.

For lesbians, nature has designed the female body to bear children. Studies have shown that there are health consequences when that does not occur.

Location hidden

#17101 Mar 13, 2013
11. If you violate evolution's law of reproduction to equate a genetic dead end

rK; We have covered this issue. There is no reproductive "dead-end." In vitro fertilization and surrogate wombs have proven this issue to be purely academic. Almost any couple can contribute at least 1/2 of the required DNA. Furthermore, you exaggerate and desire to make a mountain out of a molehill. We are talking about no more than 3-5% of all human pair-bonds, regardless of definitions of stereotypical gender.

KiMare'a wrote; We have covered it, and your position is continually shown to be distortion and denial.

Marriage combines the DNA of the husband and wife within the marriage. A gay couple is completely incapable of doing so by any means. They may only represent 4% of the population, but they are 100% incapable of procreation within their union. Hence, a distinct relationship,.

What you blatantly ignore, as if unimportant and meaningless, is the primary benefit of procreation in marriage, the only setting where the two most likely benefactors of the child are present; the mother and father.

Additionally, a gay couple specifically deprives a child of one gender and more critically, denies the child at least one of the only natural parents we ever are allowed!

Moreover, that inability to reproduce within their orientation exposes homosexuality as a genetic defect, diametrically opposed to the primary goal of evolution. Something that is quickly being understood by science.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17102 Mar 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
10. If you ignore the design of sexual union to manipulate a harmful act
rK; What harm? Say what this harm is if you actually believe this.
KiMare'a wrote; First, it is obviously clear that the design of evolution is heterosexual sex. Duplicate gender sex is always only half of what nature intended. This is the core distinction about sex that you fail to face.
Moreover, anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. It requires major protections to even begin to make it marginally safe. And yet for gays, it is the closest imitation of marriage intimacy. Hardly something to equate with marriage, and one of the key reasons it is so offensive to so many.
For lesbians, nature has designed the female body to bear children. Studies have shown that there are health consequences when that does not occur.
Harmful? Not really.

Anal sex again? LMAO What a broken record.

What about loving companionship and bonding between to committed people?

More silly MK twirl.

Are you kidding me?

Location hidden

#17103 Mar 13, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Harmful? Not really.
Anal sex again? LMAO What a broken record.
What about loving companionship and bonding between to committed people?
More silly MK twirl.
Are you kidding me?
Scoffing denial about mutual degrading abuse in a vain attempt to equate it to the sacred design of nature.

Smile.
Robsan5

Englewood, CO

#17105 Mar 13, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
I'm a changed man. I'm going to go out and eat me some p:u:s:sy. It's a start!!
Robert
Damn right!
Is your mom available?

Robert
Robsan5

Englewood, CO

#17106 Mar 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Scoffing denial about mutual degrading abuse in a vain attempt to equate it to the sacred design of nature.
Smile.
Here's some more denial for you, Genius:

Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort.(Suck blow suck, NoIQ!)

Robert

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17107 Mar 13, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
I'm a changed man. I'm going to go out and eat me some p:u:s:sy. It's a start!!
Robert
Kuntmary has a mangina you could munch on.
Robsan5

United States

#17108 Mar 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Hey Genius, tell us all about this "sacred design of nature" concept you have. Where do you get these imaginary ideas from?!?

Snicker Snort.(Suck, NoIQ, suck!)

Robert
Daniel

Oklahoma City, OK

#17111 Mar 13, 2013
I have read many comments on this thread and have determined both sides a severely uneducated in the matters of the bible and nature. Lets address the secular view of the bible and homosexuality. Most cling to the King James Version. Named after King James decided the current version did not suit his needs to divorce his current wife. He commissioned a new bible to be wrote in its entirety to focus mainly on his needs. This version also adapted the wrongly translated and misused word homosexuality. The original papers stated that an adult male may not lay with a boy child for it was sin. This was later translated and made to hold homosexuality as a sin by the translator. NOT GOD or JESUS.

Now the nature point of view. Every species at there core is meant to reproduce. With this fact alone I adopted an earl belief that homosexuality in any form was to be a crime against nature. After more research into this subject I came to realize this as well was a falsehood. The main focus in all of nature spanning across every form of life is preservation of the species. In times of low population certain species of reptiles will spontaneously change sex. Male into female or female into male depending on which sex is missing most in the population. In times of high population and low resources these same species will become asexual and quit reproducing offspring to ensure the survival of the species as a whole. In larger species such as mammals we see a change in chemistry to produce the same effect. Such as male dogs only mating with other male dogs. Since humans have no real self control in that aspect nature has taken its course. We see this in physical construct from what should be seen as a masculine man to feminine man and from feminine female to masculine female. Where these lines cross we see the physical form born of both male and female genitalia, hermaphrodites. Nature has insured the survival of mankind to its best ability in population control to the fact that now are being born gay and lesbian humans. This is not only natural and not sinful but it is also mandatory for our survival. The world as a whole is over populated and our resources and being expended at an alarming rate.

So for those out there that think there is something wrong biblicaly or naturally please do your research. I have and it truly forced me to change my stance. I am a heterosexual male that once thought as some others. But I chose to do the research and chose to keep an open mind about this subject. Nobody deserves to be hated for simply being who they are unless who they are is truly being sinful or perpetuating crimes against nature.
Xom

London, Canada

#17112 Mar 13, 2013
Daniel, I'd like to thank you for crusading against ignorance. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JADE DiARY 6 min Butter Biscuit 3
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 8 min barry 6,982
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... 12 min anon 4
Straight man recalls horrific sexual assault at... 18 min Paul 9
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 26 min Terra Firma 52,167
News This Gay Man Wants to End Texas' War Against LG... 27 min Tre H 27
News Charlize Theron admits to taking 'a dip in the ... 1 hr Wondering 16
News Blood donation rules relaxed for gay men and se... 7 hr Howser 30
News Gay couple grilled by judge about their sex liv... 16 hr TomInElPaso 108
News Catholic church in Cambuslang praised for issui... 22 hr Palin s Turkey Th... 3
More from around the web