Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36047 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17012 Mar 5, 2013
4. If you equate the diversity of two genders with the redundancy of same genders

rK; The difficulties in stereotyping gender are obvious and should be understood, especially by you.

KiMare'a wrote; I did not say anything about 'stereo typing genders', I was talking about the distinctions between genders. The numerous distinctions between genders are obvious and clearly understood.

Moreover, the point was the complimentary nature of diverse genders, verse the duplication of genders in a union. The result of the first is a completely unique presence, versus the redundancy of always only half of what marriage creates.

You know this, but slyly attempt to avoid the point because it exposes the foolishness attempt to equate marriage with gay couples.

Smile.
Robsan5

San Leandro, CA

#17013 Mar 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
4. If you equate the diversity of two genders with the redundancy of same genders
rK; The difficulties in stereotyping gender are obvious and should be understood, especially by you.
KiMare'a wrote; I did not say anything about 'stereo typing genders', I was talking about the distinctions between genders. The numerous distinctions between genders are obvious and clearly understood.
Moreover, the point was the complimentary nature of diverse genders, verse the duplication of genders in a union. The result of the first is a completely unique presence, versus the redundancy of always only half of what marriage creates.
You know this, but slyly attempt to avoid the point because it exposes the foolishness attempt to equate marriage with gay couples.
Smile.
The only mocking here is me mocking you, GENIUS!
Are you going to slyly attempt to avoid the point that you have made numerous foolish assertions, but haven't backed up a single one of them?
Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that the sun is a form of radiation.
Please prove your assertion that god evolved into Adam.
Please prove your assertion that Adam was evolved, not created.
Please prove your assertion that god is genderless.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that eve is created in god's image.
Please prove your assertion that radiation caused Moses' face to shine.
Please your assertion that the biblical use of the word 'shine' means 'glow'.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove your assertion that god is radioactive.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Snicker Snort.(Keep on blowing, NoIQ!)

Robert

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#17014 Mar 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list the post where I said any such thing.
However this answers the question;
Leviticus 20:13 (NJB)
13 “The man who has intercourse with a man in the same way as with a woman: they have done a hateful thing together; they will be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Smile.
Yes, it does say that to prevent the Jews from visiting the Canaanites Temple prostitutes.

Now, how can a homosexual lay with a man as a woman?

Only a heterosexual can do this.

So, what is the ancient Hebrew word for homosexual and what are the writings (such as the Dead Sea Scrolls that only contain ONE book of the Bible) that have given validity to which versions of the Bible?

Focus.....

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#17015 Mar 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Smile.
So you've got nothing but your bigotry.

Goats to the left.....
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#17018 Mar 5, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still weak, lame and just plain stupid.
Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)
G.F.Y..... I.S.D.G.A.S. wab A.E.!!!!!!!!:

Location hidden

#17019 Mar 5, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it does say that to prevent the Jews from visiting the Canaanites Temple prostitutes.
Really? Where does it say that?

Especially since they had never been to Canaan when this law was given...

Could they visit prostitutes outside the temple?
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, how can a homosexual lay with a man as a woman?
Only a heterosexual can do this.
Like you said, the only way is very poorly. Even they knew anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Smile.

Location hidden

#17020 Mar 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Smile.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've got nothing but your bigotry.
Goats to the left.....
I think you are mistaking my speaking the truth for your denial.

Smile.
Robsan5

United States

#17021 Mar 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Smile.
<quoted text>
I think you are mistaking my speaking the truth for your denial.
Smile.
Here's an opportunity to do some more speaking, Genius!

Please prove your assertion that the article Regnerus wrote has received awards.
Please prove your assertion that 80% of all seafood poisoning is from shellfish.
Please prove your assertion that god can reduce radiation exposure by holding out his hand or turning his back.
Please prove that homosexual is a better translation for the word that it replaced in bibles in 1946.

Robert
paul

Broxburn, UK

#17022 Mar 5, 2013
talk all u want on the subject blah blah blah........ u cant deny the hypocrisy of priests preaching 1 thing whilst practising another ...... another 1 caught kiddie fiddling this week - wheres ur god stand on THAT?
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#17023 Mar 5, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still weak, lame and just plain stupid.
Roberta/Robsana (just for "your" gay anal sex dreams, Village Idiot!)
Go F.Y... With a compromised needle.... WAB.. I.S.D.G.A.S.....:)

Location hidden

#17024 Mar 5, 2013
paul wrote:
talk all u want on the subject blah blah blah........ u cant deny the hypocrisy of priests preaching 1 thing whilst practising another ...... another 1 caught kiddie fiddling this week - wheres ur god stand on THAT?
Gay pedophiles taking advantage of the priesthood.

Sad.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17025 Mar 5, 2013
paul wrote:
This Topix thread is supposedly a discussion about homosexuality and the bible. The article from which the thread topic is derived provides better focus to the discussion, which has ranged all over the place.

Nevertheless, that is the topic of discussion.

Although, many or even most of the incidents to which you are referring can be characterized as homosexual in their nature, the trespass is pedophilic.

The "kiddie fiddling" is a heinous crime and a deliberate destruction of innocence. In my view, this is raw evil.

How any priest of any Church could be justifiably protected by the Church hierarchy from Civil Law or moved to another place or parish to avoid exposing the incidence is beyond my understanding, except that the only cause for silence would be to protect the victim. The perpetrators must not be allowed to repeat their acts, which are borne out of and caused by a psychological illness.

Jesus spoke directly about the protection of children. He is not reported in known scripture to have spoken directly about a monogamous homosexual relationship.

Old Testament scripture, specifically Jewish Law, appears to clearly condemn homosexual sodomy. However, tribal taboo and temple prostitution in nearby culture also shaped tribal law.

The understanding of homosexuality as a normal, minor part of the entire spectrum of human sexuality is a very modern behavioral definition that does away with cultural and tribal taboo and superstition-based behavioral constraints.

The plain fact of the matter is that some people simply do not fit the stereotype of male or female.

But, this is actually a completely different issue from "kiddie fiddling," not dependent upon the psyche of sexual orientation.

Rev. Ken
Robsan5

United States

#17026 Mar 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad.
Genius, what is sad is your inability to prove any of the many claims you have made:

Robert

Location hidden

#17027 Mar 5, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
This Topix thread is supposedly a discussion about homosexuality and the bible. The article from which the thread topic is derived provides better focus to the discussion, which has ranged all over the place.
Nevertheless, that is the topic of discussion.
Although, many or even most of the incidents to which you are referring can be characterized as homosexual in their nature, the trespass is pedophilic.
The "kiddie fiddling" is a heinous crime and a deliberate destruction of innocence. In my view, this is raw evil.
How any priest of any Church could be justifiably protected by the Church hierarchy from Civil Law or moved to another place or parish to avoid exposing the incidence is beyond my understanding, except that the only cause for silence would be to protect the victim. The perpetrators must not be allowed to repeat their acts, which are borne out of and caused by a psychological illness.
Jesus spoke directly about the protection of children. He is not reported in known scripture to have spoken directly about a monogamous homosexual relationship.
Old Testament scripture, specifically Jewish Law, appears to clearly condemn homosexual sodomy. However, tribal taboo and temple prostitution in nearby culture also shaped tribal law.
The understanding of homosexuality as a normal, minor part of the entire spectrum of human sexuality is a very modern behavioral definition that does away with cultural and tribal taboo and superstition-based behavioral constraints.
The plain fact of the matter is that some people simply do not fit the stereotype of male or female.
But, this is actually a completely different issue from "kiddie fiddling," not dependent upon the psyche of sexual orientation.
Rev. Ken
With gay twirl like that, rev, I can understand you wanting to change the subject.

The fact of the matter is, the issue of priests molesting boys is far to large to just be an issue of pedophiles. Even if you accept the fact that a pedophile either molests the opposite or same sex.

Moreover, science is on the verge of confirming homosexuality as a genetic epi-marker mistake. Hardly 'normal sexuality'.

Smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17028 Mar 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad.
There's no such thing as a gay pedophiles; you're merely trolling for comments.
Robsan5

United States

#17029 Mar 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
With gay twirl like that, rev, I can understand you wanting to change the subject.
The fact of the matter is, the issue of priests molesting boys is far to large to just be an issue of pedophiles. Even if you accept the fact that a pedophile either molests the opposite or same sex.
Moreover, science is on the verge of confirming homosexuality as a genetic epi-marker mistake. Hardly 'normal sexuality'.
Smile.
Let's add this to your list of unproven assertions, shall we, Genius?
Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.

Robert

Location hidden

#17030 Mar 5, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as a gay pedophiles; you're merely trolling for comments.
There are however a whole segment who only molest boys.

Nor is every priest who did so is a pedophile.

Those are simple sober facts.
Robsan5

United States

#17031 Mar 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "facts" you've presented are unproven by even you, Genius.

Please prove your assertion that homosexuality is a mistake of genetic epi-markers.

Robert

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17032 Mar 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition, fruitcake, a pedophile is an adult who sexually abuses a child.

If a priest assaulted a child, he's a pedophile. If he schtupped the monsignor in the rectory, he's gay.

It's that simple. Don't overthink it.
Robsan5

Chesapeake, OH

#17033 Mar 5, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>The only "facts" you've presented are unproven by even you, Genius.

Robert
I'm snickering and snorting for some young d!ck, preferably around 12 years old. We're just going to talk.(smile)

Robert

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Brian_G 15,987
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 1
News Gay Sex Ed: A Guide to Fun and Worry-Free Anal Sex (Nov '15) 3 hr Craig 4
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 72
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... 5 hr Skippy 4
News After gay couple's home is egged, a community r... 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 22
News Why culture war issues like same-sex marriage a... 6 hr Skippy 10
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 6 hr Skippy 23
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 6 hr June VanDerMark 11,314
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 hr lake bay boy 38,791
More from around the web